YT service shout out!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2008

YT service shout out!

I bought a jeffsy pro last fall and loved it so much I got an AL for my wife for xmas. The stock monarch r shock had a strange clicking noise during her first ride. I did some research and found that it might be a manufacturing defect. I emailed YT and they said it would be replaced under warranty but the monarch r was backordered for a couple months. I was bummed since we're heading to Moab next week. So what did YT do?
    They sent an upgraded monarch debonaire rt3 as a replacement. They even offered a monarch plus as an option (which my wife would certainly never need). I sent the "old" shock in and 2 days later the new one showed up at my front door. So I'd like to give a big shout out to Brad at YT. Thanks!

Hella Olde
    Second that - Brad is awesome!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I've also had similar good experience with YT USA concerning my dropper

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Have had two separate issues with components that came on my son's frame. Both times they were handled promptly. My son is now on his second Tues (outgrew his first), two of his friends are on them, and my buddy is on a Jeffsy. Great bikes and great company (in the US at least).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD so please forgive the typos that occur when typing with two fingers.
    Riding slowly since 1977.

mtbr member
    I'll piggyback and give a shout out. Cracked my rear triangle (my fault in a crash) on my Capra. Had the replacement triangle in about 3 weeks. That's pretty darn fast and it was all done without any hassle at all other than a couple of emails to Reno.

To be honest I was slightly concerned about buying direct, but I've got NOTHING BUT GOOD to say about the bike and YT USA. Best bike on the trail at way better value!
    2013 Scott Genius 27.5
    2016 YT Capra 27.5
    2018 YT Capra 29

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Shout out here too.. rolled off the cliff and my capra joined in ended up cracking the seat stay. They send me a replacement from taiwan within the week so no missed ride time.

Their service is A+++ they really care.

Hey, that's recyclable!
    Apr 2007
    Jumping on the YT customer service bandwagon. Had some questions about sizing, shock set-up, etc on a new Tues. They spent as much time as I wanted answering questions. Also when my card was declined (funny that the bank has yet to stop an actual fraudulent transaction on my card yet they've prevented several legitimate purchases) YT gave me a heads up so that I could clear it up quickly and still get the bike shipped out that day. All in all, much better service than many LBS, especially considering the dearth of LBS that know anything about DH bikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I guess I'm the black sheep at this party, I sent them an email 10 days ago indicating that the stock Pike on my Jeffsy 27 was wonky and I'm still waiting to hear what the resolution will be. I've been in touch with Brad but still have no idea if I need to send my fork for repair, if they'll send me a new replacement, or what. A week and a half already plus who knows how long if I have to ship it out, wait for repair, and wait for return shipping with nothing to ride...

I haven't even had it for two months yet, with maybe 20-25 hours of ride time, but the fork is terrible already. Awful stiction throughout the travel and the compression setting has no effect on performance. With two tokens and 35 PSI (yes, 35...) I can stand up over the bars and barely register 10% sag until I force more weight on the fork and it finally slips past that.

I've sent a handful of video clips showing the issues and he agrees there is an issue with it but apparently needs to wait for their SRAM rep to tell him what the next steps are. I'm definitely a bit frustrated at this point but don't really have any options other than waiting or buying a new fork, which I'm actually contemplating at this point.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Well, this whole week passed and I haven't received any further updates on a resolution for my fork problems. I've emailed and called but continue to receive the same "waiting for SRAM" response. Brad mentioned SRAM is dealing with some Guide RS brake related problems, but they can't respond to a single fork warranty claim? Still don't know if I'll need to ship my fork for repair, if I'll just be shipped a new one, or what...

I'm reluctant to point a finger at any one person or company, but it sure feels like YT could do something here. Is YT really entirely at the mercy of SRAM? They don't have an internal process to handle simple warranty repair/replacements?

I've already ordered a new Fox fork, but still feel like it might be important to share this as I'm sure someone else will be searching for it just as I did.
    Last edited by elemerica; 09-01-2017 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Typo

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Just to continue the story. I heard back from Brad late Tuesday (9/5/2017) that SRAM will be sending a new fork to replace mine. No ETA yet on when it will arrive to YT and be shipped to me.

I fully expected 2-3 weeks from initial contact (8/18/17) to complete resolution, as I figured I'd have to ship my fork, wait for repair, wait for return shipping. I didn't expect 2.5 weeks just to determine a resolution, though.

On the bright side, my Fox 34 Float Factory arrived a couple days ago and went onto my bike in short order so I could get back to riding. Now I'll have a spare fork for when one of them is down, or can throw it on my wifes bike to replace the RockShox Sektor that came on it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Final update on my YT service adventure. SRAM sent an RCT3 model to replace the RC, which is great news and I definitely appreciate. Brad is shipping my fork today, I should have it by the middle of next week.

All in all, it will have taken 33 days (depending on exact delivery date) to get my fork replaced under warranty. That's quite inconvenient for those of us who don't have multiple bikes or the budget to simply buy replacement parts. I'm still reluctant to point a finger at either YT or SRAM for how long it took, I feel like it's probably a bit of both companies slacking a bit.

Regardless of the time, though, Brad has been very helpful. He sent along a few volume reducers free of charge and is sending a horst pivot link nut that also decided it wanted to rattle its way off my bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Have you had better experience getting parts warrantied and replaced quickly through a LBS? LBS would need to "eat" the costs with replacement (if in stock) and then wait for the OEM to send warranty replacement to expedite your time. Or they can give you a loaner/demo bike while you wait.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I haven't had to warranty anything though my LBS, so I can't make that comparison, unfortunately. YT was great with things they could provide directly, and I certainly have no complaint there. Brad sent me some volume reducers free of charge which was awesome. He also sent out a rear pivot nut that rattled itself off.

My main complaint is that it took just shy of three weeks before I even knew how the situation was going to be resolved. I absolutely expected to be sending my fork out one way or another (to be serviced or replaced), so I was expecting 2 to 2.5 weeks downtime. It took longer than that before we even knew what the resolution was going to be. It was still another week to get the fork from SRAM to YT and another week on top of that to get from YT to me.