YT Return/Exchange - Itís Troublefree- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2018

YT Return/Exchange - Itís Troublefree

So I bought a Lg YT Capra in February and although my 5í9Ē height puts me on a large according to their fit calculator it was just too big for me.
    I assembled it and pedaled it around my neighborhood a good bit in an attempt to get used to it as Iím coming off of a much smaller bike (Med 2012 Cannondale Claymore). I went down a few grass hills, got it in the air a bit and the front end was just too hard to get up and wanted to dive in the air. My neighborhood is pretty hilly and during climbs my palms would get numb. I attribute those issues with the front end just being too long for my preferences.
    Anyhow, YT has a 14 day return policy so I called them up asking about an exchange/return and they were very easy to work with and understanding. They emailed me a call tag and I cleaned and boxed the bike up and sent it back for inspection. Within a couple days of them getting it they inspected it and issued me a full credit which also covered the shipping both directions! As you can imagine with a 3k purchase seeing the refund was quite the relief.
    So, in conclusion, do critique all frame measurements carefully and ride something of similar dimensions at your LBS (if possible) rather than just being excited about ordering a new bike and just ordering like I did. If you are concerned with what happens if you do get the wrong size just know that the process of returning is painless, YT really is pretty easy to work with and wants you to be happy!
    I really loved the quality of the bike and components, how well YT packages it and how simple the assembly process is. They even include assembly tools with torque wrench and a very clear, well thought out assembly guide. Now Iím just patiently awaiting my Med Capra Al Comp!

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Thanks for posting about your experience! Iím between a L and an XL and am nervous to order one without demoing for fear of getting the wrong size. Good to know theyíll work with you in the event you need to swap or just donít end up liking the bike. From what Iím reading though that doesnít really happen all that often.

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwatt357 View Post
    So I bought a Lg YT Capra in February and although my 5í9Ē height puts me on a large according to their fit calculator it was just too big for me.
    I assembled it and pedaled it around my neighborhood a good bit in an attempt to get used to it as Iím coming off of a much smaller bike (Med 2012 Cannondale Claymore). I went down a few grass hills, got it in the air a bit and the front end was just too hard to get up and wanted to dive in the air. My neighborhood is pretty hilly and during climbs my palms would get numb. I attribute those issues with the front end just being too long for my preferences.
    Anyhow, YT has a 14 day return policy so I called them up asking about an exchange/return and they were very easy to work with and understanding. They emailed me a call tag and I cleaned and boxed the bike up and sent it back for inspection. Within a couple days of them getting it they inspected it and issued me a full credit which also covered the shipping both directions! As you can imagine with a 3k purchase seeing the refund was quite the relief.
    So, in conclusion, do critique all frame measurements carefully and ride something of similar dimensions at your LBS (if possible) rather than just being excited about ordering a new bike and just ordering like I did. If you are concerned with what happens if you do get the wrong size just know that the process of returning is painless, YT really is pretty easy to work with and wants you to be happy!
    I really loved the quality of the bike and components, how well YT packages it and how simple the assembly process is. They even include assembly tools with torque wrench and a very clear, well thought out assembly guide. Now Iím just patiently awaiting my Med Capra Al Comp!
    Curious to why you just didnít have them send you out a medium?
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Was it 27.5 or 29er? I'm similar height to you and curious to know which size would be suitable as well