YT Jeffsy CF Comp 1 first ride review- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2000

YT Jeffsy CF Comp 1 first ride review

In case you guys haven't seen it yet:

YT Jeffsy CF Comp 1 first ride review - Mtbr.com

Thanks to John Bennett for his comprehensive ride review!

YT Jeffsy CF Comp 1 first ride review-author_flying-900x600.jpg

YT Jeffsy CF Comp 1 first ride review-jeffsy_cfpro-900x600.jpg
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

Mtbr YouTube Channel

mtbr member
    10x

-----------------------------------------------------------
    #1 resolution... Ride it like I stole it!!
    "Mountain biking: the under-rated and drug-free antidepressant"

Ride in heat
    May 2012
    For some reason John Bennett sounds like he's holding back some in this review. But may be it's just me.

mtbr member
    I was kind of hoping for more too. Infact there aren't a lot of reviews out there as yet...

Ride in heat
    May 2012
    This should be an awesome bike. However, I notice the degree of praise is a step lower than with other brands, like Ibis Mojo 3 for example. While this bike is clearly more capable than the latter, when you read the reviews, the Mojo 3 presented as the new thrill and excitement (being pretty much limited to what it is - trail bike with only one kind of tires available), and Jeffsy appears to be as much as good Ok bike. Don't get it.

Ride in heat
    May 2012
    Just got my first proper ride on Jeff on the technical single that I usually struggle. THIS THING IS FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! All the technical stuff I was struggling several times on 26" - went over on 1 or 2 try. But the most important thing - when the singletrack get flowy - Jeffsy just opens up. It flows like crazy, carves fast corners flies up and down everything.

On the strictly downhill or gnarly descent, like many wrote before, Jeff manages. Due to its progressive suspension and the rear shock, it's not plush like more aggressive bikes. I come from full coil 160mm Mojo HD, and I feel the difference very much. But I haven't messed with the fork and shock yet, so probably will find some tune to make it plusher on descents.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Abagrizzli View Post
    This should be an awesome bike. However, I notice the degree of praise is a step lower than with other brands, like Ibis Mojo 3 for example. While this bike is clearly more capable than the latter, when you read the reviews, the Mojo 3 presented as the new thrill and excitement (being pretty much limited to what it is - trail bike with only one kind of tires available), and Jeffsy appears to be as much as good Ok bike. Don't get it.
    Adverti$ing has a direct influence on how rad a bike is or is not.

Ride in heat
    May 2012
    Yep, I'm happy I didn't fell for it this time. The Jefe is SO MUCH MUCH MUCH more fun than Ibis, I can't almost believe it. I've never enjoyed so much on my Mojo HD in any setup it was (and it was 160mm 26", 170mm 26", 27.5 front, 26 rear, full 27.5 with 160mm front and 145 rear - super versatile bike)))) Mojo 3 is an excellent bike, I get it, but Jeffsy is simply rips it apart... Yet the quantity of promotional and praising articles is almost zero. We still get a steady flow of Mojo 3 reviews, while there is almost nothing about Jeffsy, except the first ride experiences.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    This is interesting, I had a few rides on an Mojo SL and was looking at the Mojo HD but went the Jeffsy instead. I wouldn't have thought the difference would be a great as you experienced but I am even more happy with my choice now.

mtbr member
    Just curious if everyone is still happy with their purchase? I see it's been a few months since anyone has a follow up post. I'm considering this bike, but not a lot out there as for long term. I contacted YT USA and the demo fleet is hibernating for the winter. Any information is helpful. Especially curious in the rear brake hose routing, looks to have a hell of a bend there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcatnau View Post
    Just curious if everyone is still happy with their purchase? I see it's been a few months since anyone has a follow up post. I'm considering this bike, but not a lot out there as for long term. I contacted YT USA and the demo fleet is hibernating for the winter. Any information is helpful. Especially curious in the rear brake hose routing, looks to have a hell of a bend there.
    6 months of riding this jeffo 2-3 times a week. Its still like brand new and loving it more and more. The suspension design is amazing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Only have a couple rides on the CF Pro so verdict is still out. Just wanted to put in my .02c about size. I am 5'10" on a good day and the Medium is too small in my opinion. Feels good when standing up but seated on hard climbs it feels cramped. I have a Medium Capra and that feels fine.
    Suspension does feel really good though!!

mtbr member

YT Jeffsy CF Comp 1 first ride review

Quote Originally Posted by bikerider30 View Post
    Only have a couple rides on the CF Pro so verdict is still out. Just wanted to put in my .02c about size. I am 5'10" on a good day and the Medium is too small in my opinion. Feels good when standing up but seated on hard climbs it feels cramped. I have a Medium Capra and that feels fine.
    Suspension does feel really good though!!
    Hey bikerider, how is it on the climbs? Do you lock the rear shock, leave it open or put it in pedal mode?

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I live in Vegas so we have some fairly technical rock climbs. For those I have left it in OPEN mode. On the fire road climb I put it in trail mode. The first ride I got to the bottom of the trail and was disapointed as to how "chattery" the rear end was only to find out I left it in trail mode. Next run was much better! Doesn't climb as well as my Pivot 429T but definitely better on rough stuff coming down. Feels lighter than the Pivot although I have not weighed either of them.

mtbr member
    I used to live in Vegas! Which trails are you talking about? Bootleg, Cowboy, Bears Best, or some of the newer stuff?

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Its been to Cowboy and Southwest Ridge so far. Cowboy is still my favorite!

mtbr member
    Looks like YT will be at the Sedona mountain bike festival. Looks like I will get a chance to try before I buy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I ordered a Jeffsy CF Pro back in September and have been so psyched on it ever since. It's really become my quiver of one bike and I ended up selling both of my Santa Cruz bikes (blur ltc and tallboy) and now I just ride the Jeffsy for everything. I'm 5'11" 165lbs. and ordered a large and it fits well. I also put a 160 pike on it which I prefer to the fox. It's been out to moab a couple times and have ridden almost everything along the colorado front range where I live. It goes downhill incredibly well but I've been almost more impressed with the uphill especially. I've cleaned sections of trail I've never gotten up before and it feels like the bike has made formerly hard sections easier. When I first bought my SC Blur LTc there was a pretty big WOW factor and I'm happy to say that there has been an equally big WOW factor moving to the Jeffsy. I like it so much I bought my wife one for Christmas!

YT Jeffsy CF Comp 1 first ride review-img_4090.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I am interested in this bike for sure. I read in a review that this bike is not 27.5+ compatible. Can anyone explain to me why? It has a boost rear end and a 29er fork. Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum1 View Post
    I am interested in this bike for sure. I read in a review that this bike is not 27.5+ compatible. Can anyone explain to me why? It has a boost rear end and a 29er fork. Any thoughts?
    There's no space in the back. Someone had fitted a 2.8" nobby nic with 2mm clearance both sides, which sounds quite tight. Not sure what you can fit in the front.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by velib View Post
    There's no space in the back. Someone had fitted a 2.8" nobby nic with 2mm clearance both sides, which sounds quite tight. Not sure what you can fit in the front.
    2.6 on a 30mm internal might fit, but as above 2.8 on 30mm internal rim too close for comfort.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Here's the rear spacing with stock Onza ibex 29x2.4 tire for reference. Spline 1200 wheels. Swapping out the front fork would be easy enough but like others have said the rear triangle spacing is the issue.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Thanks for the replies. I guess I am surprised that they wouldn't make the triangle wide enough to fit them. Other companies have done it with similar CS lengths. They even have the flip chip technology in place which raises the BB. Oh well, maybe in the next iteration......