YT Industries "Capra" info thread. (Pic inside)- Mtbr.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    mtbr member

YT Industries "Capra" info thread. (Pic inside)

I thought I would make this thread dedicated to the YT Capra that is 4 days 2 hours and 23 minutes away according to the YT website. Looks like a 27.5 carbon frame to me. This bike should create quite a bit of buzz so any info you find, post it here! I tried to find the Dirt mag article but no luck. I think it is a long travel bike with 170mm front/rear! I found this quote from Dirt- "This bike blows all theories of long travel trial out of the water. In truth I cannot currently see any company matching this bike, not even close."

mtbr member
    yt throws some seriously high end spec at their bikes for way less than anyone else. full bos suspension and it will be totally competitive price wise with the competition at a lower spec. wish they had a bigger presence in north america.

mtbr member
    I wish they had any presence in North America.

Capra Pro in the picture will be €3999 ( Approx $5500). There will be 2 other models at lower prices with a Pike/Monarch set up and E13 wheels. All in this month's Dirt magazine..

mtbr member
    I looked into ordering a Wicked 650b…no luck living in 'Merica.

(Dirt, like most Brit mags, kicks ass)

mtbr member
    At that pricepoint, one could take an awesome trip to Europe, ride it there for a few days, bring the bike home and still be under the cost of SC higher end offerings!

mtbr member
    well now that bos has some north american service support, i'd be less leery of having it again. hopefully they keep the parts coming for suspension experts i believe

lol, the brits would be in the same boat by coming to whistler and getting the stuff from sc or any other na brand. the taxes they pay on stuff from na coming into the uk is crazy. if i was in europe i'd be all over yt compared to sc or specialized or any other major brand

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    I like

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    the taxes they pay on stuff from na coming into the uk is crazy. if i was in europe i'd be all over yt compared to sc or specialized or any other major brand
    Not entirely true.

The taxes paid on the YT are identical to the taxes paid on a SC, Spesh or any other bike made anywhere in the world, they're all subject to 20% VAT, the YT price includes that tax. Buying a bike in the US we still have to pay that tax to bring it into Europe (been there, done that, not cheap) but it's no more or less tax than making the bike locally or getting it from Taiwan.

Where we get killed is the various middle parties helping themselves to a slice between the shipping crate and bike shop (seriously, a Bronson carbon frame starts at $4340, of which about $450 is tax).

Ultimately it's turning out pretty good for us, the big boys gouged us on price, little guys like YT, Canyon and Rose plugged the gap and now they ain't so little. Found my new bike for the year... Rockshox/RF/E13 model plz.

Hard funkin´ Kraut

mtbr member
    Bikes look great however I got an email from YT saying they have no plans until 2015 to bring the bikes to North America!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    2700 quid for the base model is pretty bonkers!

YT Industries "Capra" info thread. (Pic inside)-12833254103_45d0a7411f_c.jpg

mtbr member
    I regret creating this thread as I can not have!!!

#s look dialed. Sizes S M L
    A Top Tube (horizontal) 556,5mm 581mm 606,5mm
    B Reach 400mm 422mm 445mm
    C Stack 584,5mm 593,5mm 602,5mm
    D Seat Tube 400mm 450mm 480mm
    E Chainstay 430mm 430mm 430mm
    F Head Tube Angle 65,3° 65,3° 65,3°
    G Seat Tube Angle 75° 75° 75°
    H BB height 352mm 352mm 352mm
    I Wheelbase 1142,7mm 1169,2mm 1196,2
    Headtube length 100mm 110mm 120mm
    ISCG Standard ISCG05 ISCG05 ISCG05
    Shock length 222x66mm 222x66mm 222x66mm

J:

nice find

Reach on larger size frames are shrinking like crazy these days
    video=youtube;][/video]...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by socalMX View Post

#s look dialed.
    Indeed. A medium would be perfect for me. Looks like a winner in every way except availability

mtbr member
    These bikes looked so dialed from the get-go. I don't think I'd changed any spec on any of them, and that's hard to say from any of the better know manufacturers where costs are always cut somewhere.

Game Changer: Introducing the YT Capra - Mountain Biking Pictures - Vital MTB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    These bikes looked so dialed from the get-go. I don't think I'd changed any spec on any of them, and that's hard to say from any of the better know manufacturers where costs are always cut somewhere.

Game Changer: Introducing the YT Capra - Mountain Biking Pictures - Vital MTB
    Yup. If I could get my hands on the top spec model I would only swap out the wheels with my Derby's & also my Next SL crankset but that's it. I suppose if I found someone in Europe I could trust with $5000+ to buy & ship me one I would be good but that will not happen...

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    nice find

thats the only thing that worries me coz the reach on my process 153 is waaay longer and the bike is unbelievable to ride

Sababike
    Dec 2011

Riding the Capra

We've had the pleasure of hosting YT here on "mission Capra" a few weeks ago and ride the new bike before it hit the market, was quite a pleasure!

You're welcome to check out our blog post about it with some nice photos...

Good Times and Humus Baby! | Sababike - discover mountain biking in Israel

YT Industries "Capra" info thread. (Pic inside)-bryan-jump-le-boss.jpg

mtbr member
    This is a hard decision for me between the Uprising and the Capra but damn does that green one look sexy as hell. The suspension looks dialed as well. Looks like the perfect bike for the Alps. When I compare prices between my intended Uprising build and the Capra, there is no comparison. Game changer for sure.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbers View Post
    nice find

thats the only thing that worries me coz the reach on my process 153 is waaay longer and the bike is unbelievable to ride
    I think the Process and Knolly are on the long end of the reach spectrum. The Large YT reach is about the same as my XL Bronson, which seems reasonable.

BIKE REACH
    Tallboy LT SPXAM29 17.2" (XL) / 16.3 (L)
    Yeti SB-95 Enduro 17.33" (XL)
    Transition Covert 2 29 (XL) 17.1
    Banshee Prime Comp 17.32 (L) /18.70 (XL)
    Enduro 29 (XL) 18.2
    Norco Range Killer B-2 17.13
    Norco Sight Killer B (L) 17.52
    Rocky Mountain Altitude 17.6 - 18.3
    Santa Cruz Bronson XL 17.60
    Canfield Balance L 17.25
    Canfield Balance XL 18.00
    Knolly Warden L 18.11
    Knolly Warden XL 18.66
    Kona Process 153 (L) 18.11
    Kona Process 153 (XL) 19.09
    Pivot Mach 6 (L) 16.30
    Pivot Mach 6 (XL) 16.74
    Canfield The One L 17.28
    Canfield The One XL 17.99

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swissam View Post
    This is a hard decision for me between the Uprising and the Capra but damn does that green one look sexy as hell. The suspension looks dialed as well. Looks like the perfect bike for the Alps. When I compare prices between my intended Uprising build and the Capra, there is no comparison. Game changer for sure.
    If you can, get the Capra. I'm sure the (too plastic looking to me) uprising is nice but believe me, 27.5 is where it's at.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    If you can, get the Capra. I'm sure the (too plastic looking to me) uprising is nice but believe me, 27.5 is where it's at.
    Or wait for the new DeVinci or in that case the 650b Nomad.

First Look - Prototype Devinci All-Mountain Bike - Pinkbike

mtbr member
    I actually like the raw carbon look of the uprising, but I also like the look of the Capra.
    I've never been a fan of placing logos or names all over the frame, I.E Pivot or Giant, but the Capra has done it in such a beautifully artistic way. Not too little nor too much, just perfect. That and how my friends love their YT Tuesdays, especially since they came off a demo or session speaks volumes to how well these bikes ride. I tried out a Tues for a few runs and they are really good. YT has grown up and are no longer a "catalogue" company. Once they franchise out into the N.A market and start getting coverage in the mainstream bike media the big boys are going to be shaking in their knees.

mtbr member
    Its not the raw bare look of the uprising, I actually like the subtle graphics, its the mold itself that makes it look too plastic to me.

Inconel listed top tube lengths above and I am a huge fan of longer top tubes so I might just end up with the Warden (4x4 is another reason) since I have no chance at owning a Capra, besides by the time I hear reviews or by some miracle got one here in the States I will already have many happy miles on my new bike!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I am a huge fan of longer top tubes so I might just end up with the Warden (4x4 is another reason)
    I'm trying to better understand these long reach/TT geometries. Having never ridden a Knolly or Kona (other than in a parking lot), I would think that the super long top tubes would really stretch me out when doing steep freeride type moves. I'm 6'1.5" and am right in the middle of the L/XL on most bikes. The Bronson fits great with the 50mm stem and 17.6" reach. Going to 18.1" or even 18.7" on the Knolly seems excessive. The Pivot Mach 6 seems to be on the opposite end of the spectrum with reach numbers in the 16s.

Hard funkin´ Kraut
    These long reach/TT geometries are all somehow based on Mondrakers "Forward-Geometry" = longer frame (front) and more forward frontwheel while reducing stemlength, which sets the rider in a more centered position between the wheels. Therefore more balanced and controlled ride, while a short stem (10 to 30 mm) brings back quick and direct steering.

So the trick is simple: the longer the ETT/Reach the shorter the stem.

My large Spitfire for example has many attributes towards this geometry, too. 452 mm reach, short rear(429 mm), steep SA (74 deg), slack HA (66 deg) and a relatively average ETT of 615 mm. Stem is 35 or 40 mm. Sets you automatically in this so called "aggressive attack position" over the bike. Once you get used to it it´s really a new positive and confident feel to ride and I could not imagine going back to more "traditional" geometries anymore.

mtbr member
    translated from linkage design
    Linkage Design

As you can see on the Excel table and the graph of the new Anti-squat Capra 2015 has a very good pedaling efficiency, especially compared with other models of the brand. The system is optimized around a plate of 30T, so operating with a transmission type 1x11 is going to be very good, with a percentage of Anti-squat around 100%. This year I think we will see many pictures of this type: mainly optimized around a 1x11, 2x10 compatible with, but making it clear that it is a minority option. The percentage of anti-squat is tight and therefore the Pedal-kickback (12th) remains at a fairly low level. The brake-squat (61%) is also very well done (FSR + Horizontal Stabilizer link ...).

Leverage The ratio graph we see how the system has a huge escalation (3.3-2.0). this is one of the most progressive frames category and as you can see in the comparison is the system we even above the Liteville 601, a benchmark when it comes to this type of model ... (170mm travel + + LR aggressive geometry very progressive = Mini DH). The buffer chosen varies depending on the model and influences a little on the rear travel: the Rock Shox Monarch Plus (222x66mm) system gives 165mm of travel and the BOS Kirk (222x70mm) leads to 170mm. HV Camera in both cases of course, regulations compression high and low on the BOS and locks in both cases. The system pedals well, but having such a sensitive first tranche think the "lock" can serve a little help. Finally, *a model that is going to defend well in routes due to weight and the system, and that also will allow to make any visit to Bikepark in summer.

The only YouTube clip.
    I love how he G's out of that berm. Fast.

mtbr member
    Freeride magazine (German) just had a shoot out for "enduro" bikes and the Capra was the test winner. Of course the front cover of the magazine is Andreu Lacondeguy on his YT Tuesday and the back cover is a full page ad for the Capra But I'm sure that had nothing to do with the test results, right? So I wanted to read why it was the test winner and they went on and on about how good it looked and how it was designed like an Apple product. The only mention about how it actually rode was that it rails corners. (???) I have a hard time believing they actually rode this bike and even if they did it was the most pathetic piece of bike journalism I have ever seen.

Anyways I still think its a sweet bike but I just wanted to point out that Freeride is down on its knees servicing YT's head tube.

mtbr member
    So, just wondering about the SA measurement on the Capra. Do bike mfg's typically measure seat tube angle v. effective top tube? Or is it the opposite, usually against an imaginary horizontal line bisecting the center of the bb?

I love the forward geo on this bike. I recently test rode a Sight and it was not quite forward like the capra, but it was awesome.
    fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    translated from linkage design
    Linkage Design
    Here is another Youtube-Clip about the Capra: A Dancing Frame to some Music:

Maybe someone will find it helpful.

So far all reviews about the Capra were positive and since I live in Germany a Capra Pro will arrive in June.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Does anyone know if you could change out the shock on the green Capra CF Comp 1 with BOS Kirk and made it 170mm like the Pro version? I really dig the green and black colour.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I'm with you about the green / black one, but I didn't want the crappy brakes of the comp 1 and BOS will be epic.

YT doesn't allow custom built bikes, that's how they keep their prices low.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I'm now torn between this and the new Nomad.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

I'm with you , only problem is that YT doesn't ship to Singapore .
    Was planning to pick up the bike during my trip to Germany but was told deliveries got delayed and won't make the May 14 window .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Which Model did you order? Comp 1/2 or Pro and what size?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Ended up ordered the Pro. I wish they make the Pro in other colors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Are these made in Taiwan or Germany?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    Are these made in Taiwan or Germany?
    Taiwan.

They arrive in boxes and YT put them together, but the manufacturing is done in Taiwan like everyone else.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Re: YT Industries "Capra" info thread. (Pic inside)

Interesting. I wonder if they sell in Asia, maybe through Taiwan?

Posted using Tapatalk

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Nice review... 5 out of 5.
    I would like to see it compared to the new Nomad.
    But the price of YT bikes is just great.

I ride bikes
    Yeah, that will be my next bike. Probably 3 years from now.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    We need a insider in Germany bootlegging these things to the U.S., I want!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzanova View Post
    Nice review... 5 out of 5.
    I would like to see it compared to the new Nomad.
    But the price of YT bikes is just great.
    They already tested Nomad.
    Before Capra.

Santa Cruz Nomad review - BikeRadar

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by devilish_dwarf View Post
    They already tested Nomad.
    Before Capra.

Santa Cruz Nomad review - BikeRadar
    Yes, I've seen it.
    I would like to hear how they compare from someone who has tested both.

mtbr member
    Fantastic looking bike that may be a game changer. That is, if those linkage numbers are correct you have a simple HL bike with great anti-squat numbers, great brake squat numbers and low pedal kickback numbers. And what is even better for the consumer is that it should be able to be copied by others further driving the cost down. That is the first 5/5 I have seen from bike radar.

I personally think we are moving to a new round of MTB development as carbon comes into it own, the wheel sizes are maturing and the new drivetrain systems free the designers to make better bikes. Good times for all...
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hi,

I would like to buy a Capra but I am kind of between sizes. Can anyone here help me out? which size should I get?

My measurements are as follow:
    Measurements in cm
    -------------------------------------------
    Inseam: 81
    Trunk: 69.5
    Forearm: 36
    Arm: 64
    Thigh: 59
    Lower Leg: 54
    Sternal Notch: 150
    Total Body Height: 182

I am currently riding a Large Ibis Mojo HD. I feel that the standover can be lower.

thanks!

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by winkplay View Post
    Hi,

I would like to buy a Capra but I am kind of between sizes. Can anyone here help me out? which size should I get?

My measurements are as follow:
    Measurements in cm
    -------------------------------------------
    Inseam: 81
    Trunk: 69.5
    Forearm: 36
    Arm: 64
    Thigh: 59
    Lower Leg: 54
    Sternal Notch: 150
    Total Body Height: 182

I am currently riding a Large Ibis Mojo HD. I feel that the standover can be lower.

thanks!
    Try to call them directly.
    How are you planning to buy it?
    They don't ship to the US.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I tried emailing them and the reply is exactly what was posted on the website. So it does not help at all. My height is 182 and according to the website, it should be M size. However, when I compare the top tube length with Ibis, it is closer to L size which I am now riding.

I will ship it to my friend's place in Germany and collect it when I am there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    Fantastic looking bike that may be a game changer. That is, if those linkage numbers are correct you have a simple HL bike with great anti-squat numbers, great brake squat numbers and low pedal kickback numbers. And what is even better for the consumer is that it should be able to be copied by others further driving the cost down. That is the first 5/5 I have seen from bike radar.

I personally think we are moving to a new round of MTB development as carbon comes into it own, the wheel sizes are maturing and the new drivetrain systems free the designers to make better bikes. Good times for all...
    Given the current movement in MTB designs, particularly in AM/Enduro, we could very well see THE perfect geo come out soon.

But I do feel the Capra could be it.

Posted using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by winkplay View Post
    I tried emailing them and the reply is exactly what was posted on the website. So it does not help at all. My height is 182 and according to the website, it should be M size. However, when I compare the top tube length with Ibis, it is closer to L size which I am now riding.

I will ship it to my friend's place in Germany and collect it when I am there.

Maybe not much help, but I'm the exact same height as you, and I think the L is right on. It compares well with others I'm looking at, as well the heckler 650b large I'm riding.

I'm drawn to this toy as well, I have a buddy who is the distributer for a german company, and Y T can ship to them, and they'll ship direct to me from there.

seems w/ the pricing and great press, if it's not right, it will be resaleable pretty easily... I think.

Let us know how it goes winkplay?

Cheers,
    Holiday

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Comp 1 ordered - now the wait.......

mtbr member
    Anyone already riding these? Please post your impression.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Any further updates to this thread. I have some leads on getting one over here to the US. Geo numbers are very similar to my Banshee Rune V2 however it weighs in about 8-9lbs less which sits at 36lbs. My only hesitation is the question as to how any warranty issues could be handled in the event of a frame failure.

HOLLA!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxking45 View Post
    My only hesitation is the question as to how any warranty issues could be handled in the event of a frame failure.
    YT are working on getting US distribution set up, but it seems to be slow going. I would wait until the 2015 bikes start showing up since they'll 'probably' be ready to go to the US by then.

There is a five month waiting list on Capras anyway, so you're not missing out much.

re: Warranty, YT always want the bike (or offending part) shipped back to them in Germany, in Europe it's not such a big deal, there's no taxes and limited customs within the EU. Between the US and Germany that could get expensive.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    It took me freakin' 15 minutes trying to register to be able post on this tread..glad I found it..I am planning to order one in October, that is when they will be in stock..I am so excited like waiting for Xmass morning..I showed the specs to a friend of mine who works in the same business and he was very positively surprised about the specs and the price..I am sure YT will start selling in US it's a no brainer..but so far it seems they are just beginning as a producer and are not as big as Specialized, Trek or Santa Cruz..however they do not work with dealers so you won't be able to buy their bikes in stores,,this is the reason the price is low..if we can call a $5500 pricetag ..low..I am preety sure I would have the first bike in my country of this kind..muhahaha ..that vanity..

mtbr member
    Feb 2014

Cool-blue Rhythm

Guys, I can tell you this thing rocks!
    YT Industries "Capra" info thread. (Pic inside)-10397246_10201419469047399_9047836707502457070_o.jpg
    YT Industries "Capra" info thread. (Pic inside)-10505080_10201419469127401_3169162004712800144_o.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Wiesner View Post
    Guys, I can tell you this thing rocks!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10397246_10201419469047399_9047836707502457070_o.jpg 
Views:	24497 
Size:	135.3 KB 
ID:	910037
    Badass, now let's see it in action. It's way too clean!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Sure, it was right after unboxing it. Hope to get some action shots, soon.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Those pics are sooooo sexy..I am ordering one soon. I already have a few ideas about some changes..first off Renthal carbon riser bars, and then a carbon fiber seat post..I don't really dig that Reverb seat post , plus I don't want another cable running from the same side as the shifter and the rear brake ..and possibly Shimano brakes..did not red really good reviews about those Avid brakes..

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by valimiu View Post
    Those pics are sooooo sexy..I am ordering one soon. I already have a few ideas about some changes..first off Renthal carbon riser bars, and then a carbon fiber seat post..I don't really dig that Reverb seat post , plus I don't want another cable running from the same side as the shifter and the rear brake ..and possibly Shimano brakes..did not red really good reviews about those Avid brakes..
    In my mind a dropper is a must. But I like KS LEV more than Reverb.
    1x10 or 1x11 would solve the problem of running the shifter and dropper post lever on the same side...
    Those things I would exchange for sure. Possibly the brakes for XT or XTR as well.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

40mm of chain growth? Am I reading that right? (pause at 56 seconds)

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I agree with the dropper..It's just I hate to see one extra cable in front of those bars..I might go with the Thompson dropper with the lever under the saddle.. pretty sure it's the best choice out there..the KS seems to suffer from play developing from the clamp.. and the brakes it's just an idea.. been running Saints for 10 freakin' years..it seems that modulation it's the big thing that Avid offers and Shimano does not.. also I really like the rotors from Shimano with the composite center piece.. that eliminates virtually 100% the drag feel by avoiding deformation. Also I don't like very much the route chosen for the derailleur cable , that loop under the BB..
    Last edited by valimiu; 07-22-2014 at 06:42 PM. Reason: something to add

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    I love that Reverb, can't live without it. But I may depend on the terrain you are riding (I'm located in Europe / Germany). I'll move the trigger for the reverb to the other side, which is an easy task because of the "Matchmaker"-Clamps. Until now, the brakes are doing fine, even I'm not a fan of avid.

That cables definitely need some shortening!

Trail Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by iscariot View Post
    40mm of chain growth? Am I reading that right? (pause at 56 seconds)

Finding that extremely hard to believe.
    Last edited by Varaxis; 09-01-2014 at 10:27 PM.

mtbr member
    I'm gonna revive this thread as I want to know if anyone got the bike and I want to read user reviews on the bike.

my favorite is Comp2 (because of the color scheme) and have to admit its too bad I can't have that frame with Bos suspension, or at least with 1x drivetrain, like Comp1 has.

still, that Comp2 bike has one of the best color schemes around for me, except 2015 Nomad's and 2015 Norco Range's 7.2 carbon (stealth black).

I imagine stealth black Capra would look super mean. too bad they ditched black/yellow Capra Pro model I saw pictures of in the beginning of the hype buliding for the bike, the one that appeared in Dirt Mag - that one looked crazy good.

like I said, Comp2 is the bike I'd get and would like to read reviews on that specific submodel.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Two of my friends have them, one has the Pro and one has the Comp 2. Both are seriously happy with them. The one with the comp 2 stripped the drivetrain off it and went 1x10 with Shimano components as he is not a fan of Sram.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Draper View Post
    Two of my friends have them, one has the Pro and one has the Comp 2. Both are seriously happy with them. The one with the comp 2 stripped the drivetrain off it and went 1x10 with Shimano components as he is not a fan of Sram.
    thanx Rick for the info.

1x10 is also on my mind, very easy to do and not that expensive. don't know if I'd put Shimano or SRAM. probably Race Face's new Turbine cinch cranks - that seems the best money/value/weight ratio these days. and defo 175 instead of 170 mm. I got HT AE03 pedals that are super slim, so no need for me for 170 cranks.

first thing I'd do, though, is get rid of Conti tires. I had bad experience with Rubber Queen (previous name of Trail King's). instead of those I'd put Schwalbe Magic Mary trailstar front and Hans Dampf trailstar rear - 450 gram down in an instant.

mtbr member
    have a question, regarding rear shock - I see the rear shock has 222x66 sizing. don't 222 standard shocks have 70 stroke?

also, Pro version has 170 instead of Comp's 165mm rear travel - is that because Pro has 222x70 shock or what? on the website its stated that Pro also has 222x66 shock, but MBR review of Pro has this to say:
    'All three models in the Capra family share exactly the same frame, sporting YT’s signature V4L suspension. But thanks to the longer stroke Bos shock on the Pro edition it pumps out 170mm of travel instead of 165mm'.

the thing is; if I'm ever going to change rear shock, will I have problems with 70 stroke, because of, let's say.... stroke interferance with seatstay? or can rear triangle handle 70 stroke?

Lone Wolf

Cool-blue Rhythm

So whats it like to get that longer wheel base around a tight switch back ?
    How bout a tight U-turn ?

I can see the bike being far more stable at big speeds but what about the slow tight stuff ?

I moved to a shorter wheel base bike and I love it, Just curious....
    “I seek only the Flow”,
    Climbing Is Supposed To Be Hard,
    Shut Up Legs :P

mtbr member
    Capra has 1mm longer wheelbase than new Nomad and Nomad crowd say you have to work a bit with the bike, but it becomes second nature pretty soon.

pretty sure its the same with Capra

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Hi guys,

I originally planned to buy a Mojo HDR650b(they are discontinuing the model and, because of that, the bikes can be had at a very low price). I've stopped because, by the time I've added the transport cost from US to EU + custom taxes + bank charges, I am arriving at the price of a Capra Comp 1 or a Strive CF. I could go with the Canyon, because i really like their geometry approach(the race one) but, I like so much more the YT-Industries bike.

I'm interested to know if some one around my height, purchased one?!, I'm 5'8". My concern is that, the ETT is too short(the reach also) for the Medium, not to mention on the S size that YT-Industries are recommending it for my height.

On my current bike, the ETT is 587mm(instead of 581 on the Capra), the reach is 446mm(422 on the Capra), the ST is 445mm(450 on the Capra), while the bike(Capra) comes with a 50mm stem(my current bike has a 65mm stem, because, with a 50mm one, I feel so cramped that is almost unbearable on anything else than v. short rides)

I've contact YT and they say that the geometry is good and the position on the bike should not be stretched; the problem with that is....., I know what I like and how I wanted to feel on the bike; the feeling that I don't want is being cramped on a 8 hour 40 miles ride up and down on steep mountain trails and foot-paths. The bikes that felt great for me were M size SB66C(out of production; SB6C cost almost 2 times the value of my car...aka, i can't afford it), M(but also L) size Cannondale's new Jekyll Carbon(too expensive as well) and Rallon X-ltd(it costs more than carbon Capras and Strives and it is made from aluminium; and, after riding carbon, the feel on a aluminium bike just isn't good enough)

Having said that, if someone around my size could offer some input/opinion, I would gladly accept it.(I could really use it).

With best regards,
    E.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EugenM View Post
    Hi guys,

I originally planned to buy a Mojo HDR650b(they are discontinuing the model and, because of that, the bikes can be had at a very low price). I've stopped because, by the time I've added the transport cost from US to EU + custom taxes + bank charges, I am arriving at the price of a Capra Comp 1 or a Strive CF. I could go with the Canyon, because i really like their geometry approach(the race one) but, I like so much more the YT-Industries bike.

I'm interested to know if some one around my height, purchased one?!, I'm 5'8". My concern is that, the ETT is too short(the reach also) for the Medium, not to mention on the S size that YT-Industries are recommending it for my height.

On my current bike, the ETT is 587mm(instead of 581 on the Capra), the reach is 446mm(422 on the Capra), the ST is 445mm(450 on the Capra), while the bike(Capra) comes with a 50mm stem(my current bike has a 65mm stem, because, with a 50mm one, I feel so cramped that is almost unbearable on anything else than v. short rides)

I've contact YT and they say that the geometry is good and the position on the bike should not be stretched; the problem with that is....., I know what I like and how I wanted to feel on the bike; the feeling that I don't want is being cramped on a 8 hour 40 miles ride up and down on steep mountain trails and foot-paths. The bikes that felt great for me were M size SB66C(out of production; SB6C cost almost 2 times the value of my car...aka, i can't afford it), M(but also L) size Cannondale's new Jekyll Carbon(too expensive as well) and Rallon X-ltd(it costs more than carbon Capras and Strives and it is made from aluminium; and, after riding carbon, the feel on a aluminium bike just isn't good enough)

Having said that, if someone around my size could offer some input/opinion, I would gladly accept it.(I could really use it).

With best regards,
    E.
    This is the biggest problem with direct order bikes. Sure you get a smoking deal BUT good luck getting to actually sit on one before buying it. I have a few friends both on YT and Canyon and they are nice bikes BUT it's a pain in the ass to have to strip it down to the frame and mail it to the factory and wait weeks for it to come back if anything ever goes wrong. But you save a lot of money.......unless you have to mail it back more than once then your savings is gone. Sweet bikes for sure but there is a trade off.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I have discussed with YT and send them different body measurements. It seems that i have slightly longer arms in relation with my torso and, this could be the reason for which I prefer a slightly longer ETT. They are recommending now a size M, while previously recommened the size S. I'm still not convinced; they say it is the best enduro position but I doubt it(and actually don't care about that); I prefer a slightly streched position for the secure feel and the stability that it offers(for me) on steep and fast descents and also, for being centered on the bike when I do out-of-the-saddle up-hill sprints.

Although I really do want a Capra, it seems that it isn't the bike for me.

Cheers,
    E.

mtbr member
    I have discussed with YT and send them different body measurements. It seems that i have slightly longer arms in relation with my torso and, this could be the reason for which I prefer a slightly longer ETT. They are recommending now a size M, while previously recommened the size S. I'm still not convinced; they say it is the best enduro position but I doubt it(and actually don't care about that); I prefer a slightly streched position for the secure feel and the stability that it offers(for me) on steep and fast descents and also, for being centered on the bike when I do out-of-the-saddle up-hill sprints.

Although I really do want a Capra, it seems that it isn't the bike for me.

Cheers,
    E.
    if I read correctly and you're 172 cm in height - then its M for you.
    I'm 184 and its L for me.

although, anybody taller than 188 don't have an option because there is no XL.

in January/February there will be 2015. edition of the Capra, I was told by YT. maybe wait for 2015 models. I don't know if there will be any redesign or just new colors - but if there will be redesign, I'm pretty sure they'll at least add XL option or even got longer TT as the Capra has super long WB (wheelbase) at 1196mm for L size (1mm longer than new Nomad). longer TT would fit nicely to that long WB Capra sports and would extend reach. also, lower BB, from current 352mm would be welcomed as well.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Yes, my height is a shade little over 173 cm. Even at the first seeing their sizing chart, I though that I will order(if it will be the case) an M size. The thing is, I'm not convinced about the geometry in redgard to the rider, not to the way the bike rides. As I come from XC and not from DH, I do prefer and feel more comfortable and secure on fast descents on bikes with longer TT(ETT)s.
    Last edited by EugenM; 11-17-2014 at 06:40 AM.

mtbr member
    I know what you mean.
    I ride 2011 S-Works Enduro, and its not exactly XC bike, but I do like 75° seatstay both my Enduro and Capra share. majority of bikes I'm looking at right now are between 72,8°(Norco Range) and 74,2° (SC Nomad) - and that's a big no-no in my book. of course I could live with that if I'd like a specific bike THAT much - but I don't.

I understand that longer TT thing, although I like more playful bike and not so long TT achieves that.

Capra ticks all the boxes for me: 75° seatstay, 65,5° HA, 606,5mm TT that is larger than usual M (my Enduro has TT at 590mm and majority bikes in size M are usually below 590mm) but still smaller than usual L (615+ older bikes, 625+ newer geometry bikes). the main thing reach is longer on Capra, comparing it with Enduro - 431mm Enduro, 445mm Capra - and that is exactly what I want; bit longer TT and more stretched reach.

the only thing I don't know what to expect with is that long WB; regarding playfulness and fast response in tight situations.

what bike you ride now, the one you want to replace Capra with? note that Capra is almost big bike category, which is only enhanced with its 222x66 shock (222x69 on Pro model). if you, lets say, decide to put CCDB Air CS instead of Monarch or Kirk there, there will be more than 170mm travel Pro model sports (usual 222 shocks have 70mm stroke, not 66 like the Monarch).

plus - I'd LOVE to see YT decides to do stealth black version. that would be THE bike...

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ashas View Post
    I know what you mean.
    I ride 2011 S-Works Enduro
    Capra ticks all the boxes for me: 75° seatstay, 65,5° HA, 606,5mm TT that is larger than usual M (my Enduro has TT at 590mm and majority bikes in size M are usually below 590mm) but still smaller than usual L (615+ older bikes, 625+ newer geometry bikes). the main thing reach is longer on Capra, comparing it with Enduro - 431mm Enduro, 445mm Capra - and that is exactly what I want; bit longer TT and more stretched reach.

the only thing I don't know what to expect with is that long WB; regarding playfulness and fast response in tight situations.

what bike you ride now, the one you want to replace Capra with? note that Capra is almost big bike category, which is only enhanced with its 222x66 shock (222x69 on Pro model). if you, lets say, decide to put CCDB Air CS instead of Monarch or Kirk there, there will be more than 170mm travel Pro model sports (usual 222 shocks have 70mm stroke, not 66 like the Monarch).

plus - I'd LOVE to see YT decides to do stealth black version. that would be THE bike...
    My current ride is a 2011 Specialized Pitch Pro(the "poor" brother of the Enduro ) who spots almost the same
    geometry as your Endro(bar the 0.5 diff in HT(67 instead of 66.5) and ST(76 instead of 75), with 587 mm ETT for the M size.

The L size Capra ticks all the boxes for me too, bar the ST lenght, which is 480 mm; it would be to high and thus, preventing me to have a good body position on the descents. the M size 450 mm ones is much better but, the M size has only a 581 mm ETT. Actually, my problem is the fact that I am between sizes for the "old school" style frames; Capra's frame is somewhat a hybrid btw the old school and the new style, where i fit comfortably within the boundries of size M.

If I would have been a little taller or slightly shorter, the Capra would have worked for me perfectly; the way things are, the M is too cramped and the L has the ST lenght too big for me. Nothing can be done i guess. Who knows, maybe for 2016 model, they will have an up-date...but I will not wait that much for a new bike.

Regards,
    E.

mtbr member
    Pitch is a good bike, friend of mine rode it for two years (also 2011 model) and he loved it.

to be honest, I'd like to see that 76° seatstay on these modern bikes as well - if you want to help people climb better, put steep seattube - its that easy.

I think you'd be a bit too stretched on L Capra as you're right that this is not the 'new school of geometry' - it really sits on no man's land between old and new school.

M would be spot on for you if you'd be into a poppier ride like I am.

have you looked into Canyon bikes? I guess if you're looking into Capra that you're not american but european like me as they don't send bikes there, like Canyon.
    Strive CF might be a ride for you then, or Spectral CF. Spectral CF in size M might be a ride for you, regarding numbers - they have two HA models 67° and 66,4°, but its 'only' 140mm travel.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Hi,

Yes, from Europe; Strive CF is the other option; the race geometry is perfect(I am considering either S or M - 600mm or 629mm - with a stem of 55 or 35mm.); the thing that puts me away is the not so great CS(a friend has a Spectral Al - 27.5" - wheels and he had many problems with the fork that took weeks to solve, in the meantime, he couldn't use the bike) and the shapeshifter(besides mechanical problems that might occur with this extra system, it complicates the cockpit and, from what I've read, does not work that good in practice); but, for what I want, the geometry is spot on too bad that I'm not such a Canyon fan or like their design in particularly.

mtbr member
    I heard only good stuff regarding ShapeShifter (SS). regarding CS, can't say anything, there are various stories I read about. but I know if you have problems with SS they first send you new one and after you uninstall old one you send it back to them.

that's why I mentioned Spectral as it doesn't sport SS.

there are also Conway's WME carbon bikes I discovered recently that are beautiful and spot on geometry wise, but I don't like the positioning of the shock (Vivid is ok, but Monarch is directly open to mud shed from tires) and its too expensive for my current budget.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    there are a lot of Deutsche manufacturers that make some quality bikes(Al. or Cf.); I need to also check the new Radons(on paper, they look like the real deal); and yes, the Conways do seem to have a good geo;

as for the travel, anything btw 140-160 mm is good enough for what I am doing. 140 mm would mean more AM and less Enduro(in my country this year have been just 4 enduro races so, not a big deal; it is not like I would miss something major in the season) while 160mm would mean more Enduro and maybe(actually, for sure) DH tracks and a slightly less efficiency on the ups.

The good thing is that the Winter is coming so, enough time to properly study every option on the market.

regards,
    E.

p.s. atm, most of the bikes are out of my budget; but, I will make an effort because this is what i love to do most of spring/summer/autumn weekends.

mtbr member
    have to say I really like german input in mountain biking, especially now with this new enduro sensation.

of all these options and manufacturers we discussed here I'm satisfied the most with Capra. like I wrote earlier, it ticks all the boxes for me.

friend of mine ordered a green one, but in size M, which will arrive in few weeks. can't wait to see it in person.

if I buy before new models, I'll go for Comp 2 as I really like the black/gray/red/dash-of-white color scheme - I can always upgrade cheaply to 1x10 or might even go 1x11.
    plus, budget wise, you really can not beat YT.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    friend of mine ordered a green one, but in size M, which will arrive in few weeks. can't wait to see it in person.
    what is your friends height?, also, I'm curious about what bikes has now/had until now; because, who knows, maybe an M size would be a good fit for me but i just don't know it yet! ))

mtbr member
    like I told you, I think you're spot on for size M Capra, but its not going to be long TT - you know that yourself; I'm pretty sure.

he's about your height, I'll ask him tomorrow about his measurements.
    he rode 2009 Spesh Enduro size M and 2010 Spesh Demo 8 size S.

mtbr member
    my friend is 175cm in height. os if its good for him its going to be perfect for you.
    I'll let you know when he gets the bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    my friend is 175cm in height. os if its good for him its going to be perfect for you.
    I'll let you know when he gets the bike.
    that would be great; if he will feel good on the bike, then maybe(maybe!) I could feel good on the bike as well; it must be taken into consideration other measurements as well; for instance, my arms have sa same length as my torso and that is 690 mm; most of people have arms 1-1.5 cm small then their torso;

anyway...looking forward for a feedback from you(your friend) when his bike arrives.

thanks again!
    E.

mtbr member
    I can ask him about his inseam and all other measurements.
    no problem buddy...

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I can ask him about his inseam and all other measurements.
    no problem buddy...
    Fpr what it's worth, I'm considering buying a large, but I'm 177CM (5.10" almost)

I dont forsee the length of the bike being an issue, only perhaps the ST height. If only the capra had a shorter seat tube, then it would have been very easy to just "size up".

mtbr member
    that would be great; if he will feel good on the bike, then maybe(maybe!) I could feel good on the bike as well; it must be taken into consideration other measurements as well; for instance, my arms have sa same length as my torso and that is 690 mm; most of people have arms 1-1.5 cm small then their torso;

anyway...looking forward for a feedback from you(your friend) when his bike arrives.

thanks again!
    E.
    hey EugenM!
    my buddy got the bike just few days before Xmas and had less than 10 rides on it but he says the bike is a good fit. didn't go in details, I was thinking of asking him after the holidays to write me a small review of the bike so I can post it here.

cheers!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    hey EugenM!
    my buddy got the bike just few days before Xmas and had less than 10 rides on it but he says the bike is a good fit. didn't go in details, I was thinking of asking him after the holidays to write me a small review of the bike so I can post it here.

cheers!
    Hi mate,

thx for the up-date. I have discuss in the meantime with other owners and all seemed to be ok with the geometry/fit of the bike; so, maybe it is just a case of "the bike is more than the numbers say it is".

Anyway, thank you for your up-date and...now, the only thing left to is gahter all the money...and buy one

cheers,
    E.

mtbr member
    Hi mate,

thx for the up-date. I have discuss in the meantime with other owners and all seemed to be ok with the geometry/fit of the bike; so, maybe it is just a case of "the bike is more than the numbers say it is".

Anyway, thank you for your up-date and...now, the only thing left to is gahter all the money...and buy one

cheers,
    E.
    good.
    but hurry up if you want to get the 2014's. seems like there's just few M's left and none of the L's, in all submodels.

I'm gonna wait out to see what color schemes are there for 2015 (they said they will go public this month or next) if I'm gonna go Capra. found next-to-new Nomad this guy close to me bought and is selling now (btw - I really don't get the thing when someone is buying like 5000€'s worth bike and then is selling it within 4 months for like 3500€'s. who does that....)

good luck buddy

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    good.
    but hurry up if you want to get the 2014's. seems like there's just few M's left and none of the L's, in all submodels.

I'm gonna wait out to see what color schemes are there for 2015 (they said they will go public this month or next) if I'm gonna go Capra. found next-to-new Nomad this guy close to me bought and is selling now (btw - I really don't get the thing when someone is buying like 5000€'s worth bike and then is selling it within 4 months for like 3500€'s. who does that....)

good luck buddy
    by the time I will have the money, it will be the 2015 model

anyway, good luck with that Nomad; the price looks like a very good one

cheers,
    E.

mtbr member
    by the time I will have the money, it will be the 2015 model

anyway, good luck with that Nomad; the price looks like a very good one

cheers,
    E.
    yup, it is good price. that prive is for new frame only. SC really pumps their prices up.
    let us know when you get the bike!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    CapraLeaks...

Some premature publishing on VitalMTB... gone now

YT Industries "Capra" info thread. (Pic inside)-capra_2105.jpgYT Industries "Capra" info thread. (Pic inside)-d369eeac49e83166d629c9f5fb6b6f41.jpgYT Industries "Capra" info thread. (Pic inside)-p5pb11835869.jpgYT Industries "Capra" info thread. (Pic inside)-p5pb11835870.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    nice spotting let's guess now how much time it would take for the 2015 stock to become 0??!

mtbr member
    nice spotting let's guess now how much time it would take for the 2015 stock to become 0??!
    Soon, since all of the Alu Wickeds are gone now save a few size smalls, Al Capras must surely be close to the sell date (if not the delivery date yet).

Rider
    Looks like these are available in the US now!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    even better info: according to few posts under PB article, the XL sizes are coming!

mtbr member
    My current ride is a 2011 Specialized Pitch Pro(the "poor" brother of the Enduro ) who spots almost the same
    geometry as your Endro(bar the 0.5 diff in HT(67 instead of 66.5) and ST(76 instead of 75), with 587 mm ETT for the M size.

The L size Capra ticks all the boxes for me too, bar the ST lenght, which is 480 mm; it would be to high and thus, preventing me to have a good body position on the descents. the M size 450 mm ones is much better but, the M size has only a 581 mm ETT. Actually, my problem is the fact that I am between sizes for the "old school" style frames; Capra's frame is somewhat a hybrid btw the old school and the new style, where i fit comfortably within the boundries of size M.

If I would have been a little taller or slightly shorter, the Capra would have worked for me perfectly; the way things are, the M is too cramped and the L has the ST lenght too big for me. Nothing can be done i guess. Who knows, maybe for 2016 model, they will have an up-date...but I will not wait that much for a new bike.

Regards,
    E.
    Seems like we're having the same discussion, will a Medium have the length i've gotten used to riding? I've been riding a 2010 specialized pitch with Lyric for the last 4 years. If you look at the eff, it's longer than the Pitch's but the reach is shorter and the stack is higher, that's kinda weird to me but they don't publish the head length. Anyhow, i ordered a 2015 medium capra pro, guess i'll find out in a couple months if it feels cramped when standing on bike pointed down steep chutes because i'm guessing that's where the geometry difference would be felt. Maybe it will turn out to be a better position?? I'm running a medium 2012 turner DHR for my downhill bike, i should look at those numbers vs capra, too. Im 167,6 cm's and 77,1 kg's for reference.
    Last edited by 2w4s; 02-01-2015 at 08:52 PM.
    nothing witty here...

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Why do you guys suppose the Capra Pro Race has 160mm travel specd and the Capra Pro has 170mm? Is it because the BOS Deville FCV only comes in 160mm travel?

mtbr member
    I'm curious about that too.
    plus - all the bikes seem to have same 65,2° HA, on specs, which is strange, because as you noticed, some have 160, some 170 mm forks.

even with minimal A2C difference between 160 Pike and 170 DeVille (552 Pike and 555 Bos, if I'm not mistaken), there is not same angle - I think 170 mm Capra has straight 65° HA like Nomad and Reign.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Good call on the HA too. I have been pretty set on the Nomad 3 but when I saw the Capra when it first came out, I was jealous that it wasn't available in the U.S. Pretty stoked it's available now but I want to have these questions answered before I pull the trigger.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    i want a capra too but the sizing thing is so cunfusing for me! im 5ft6 1/2in so 167.64 cm
    size chart on the YT site says i should ride a small. what else should i consider when trying to size myself to a bike. this is my first time trying to do this on my own. any help would be appreciated. thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by l_POTERAN_l View Post
    i want a capra too but the sizing thing is so cunfusing for me! im 5ft6 1/2in so 167.64 cm
    size chart on the YT site says i should ride a small. what else should i consider when trying to size myself to a bike. this is my first time trying to do this on my own. any help would be appreciated. thanks!
    you should take a look at reach almost exclusively, top tube seems more and more irrelevant these days.

I'm 184 cm and should take L.
    there's no way 196 cm tall riders can ride that L size, as YT suggests - and as some reviews noticed either.

you seem to be between S and M (no pun intended ).

depends on what you want really. S for smaller, more flickable bike - M for bigger, more stable, for greater speeds and more 'donwhilly' trails, I think...

but I could be wrong. maybe someone that has the bike and is your size should chip in on this.

I have Flat Pedal shame.
    FYI - Was getting on to order my Capra Comp 1, and the price jumped $1000 per bike across the board between yesterday and today. (Was $4500 yesterday, today is $5500)
    We don't ride to add days to our life, we ride to add life to the days we have left here.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by l_POTERAN_l View Post
    Everything in geo counts.
    I don't think the Top tube length is less relevant these days.
    TTL and STA will tell you how is the bike going to be while seated. Important if you need to also climb to earn your descents...
    I think the YT has a bit old school geo regarding the TTL and STL. Top tube is too short in regard to the long seat tube.
    This makes it hard to size up, since the seat tube length increases much more than the Top tube. Too long of a ST will not allow for a longer dropper post.
    The short TT in Capras case is a result of the steep seat angle, which can helps with climbing, bit with that short Top tube I am not sure how will this play out.

Reach and stack are important for riding while standing, so they effect primarily descending. Capra is pretty standard with its reach and stack #.

Bottom bracket height effects cornering, the lower it is the more you can rail corners. It can also effect climbing, if the bike tends to climb low in its rear travel, a low BB can complicate technical climbs with pedal strikes.
    Capra is kind of conservative with its higher BB than other bikes in this cathegory.

I am 5'8.5", so between a M & L. The M has just too short of a front end to run a short stem.
    The L on the other side would be perfect, but the longish 48cm seat tube will not allow for a 150mm dropper.
    I am going to pass on capra.

It's a great bike with an exceptional value though...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Thustlewhumber View Post
    FYI - Was getting on to order my Capra Comp 1, and the price jumped $1000 per bike across the board between yesterday and today. (Was $4500 yesterday, today is $5500)
    Yep, noticed that too. WTF!!!

I have Flat Pedal shame.
    Um... back to $4500 now? I'm confused....
    We don't ride to add days to our life, we ride to add life to the days we have left here.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzanova View Post
    Everything in geo counts.
    I don't think the Top tube length is less relevant these days.
    TTL and STA will tell you how is the bike going to be while seated. Important if you need to also climb to earn your descents...
    I think the YT has a bit old school geo regarding the TTL and STL. Top tube is too short in regard to the long seat tube.
    This makes it hard to size up, since the seat tube length increases much more than the Top tube. Too long of a ST will not allow for a longer dropper post.
    The short TT in Capras case is a result of the steep seat angle, which can helps with climbing, bit with that short Top tube I am not sure how will this play out.

Reach and stack are important for riding while standing, so they effect primarily descending. Capra is pretty standard with its reach and stack #.

Bottom bracket height effects cornering, the lower it is the more you can rail corners. It can also effect climbing, if the bike tends to climb low in its rear travel, a low BB can complicate technical climbs with pedal strikes.
    Capra is kind of conservative with its higher BB than other bikes in this cathegory.

I am 5'8.5", so between a M & L. The M has just too short of a front end to run a short stem.
    The L on the other side would be perfect, but the longish 48cm seat tube will not allow for a 150mm dropper.
    I am going to pass on capra.

It's a great bike with an exceptional value though...
    my problem exactly... now, exacerbated by the fact that I can probably purchase(read trying to negotiate) a CF Comp 2 at 3000 Euros - they are having a sold out...and the only size left is the M one;

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    thank you ashas and jazzanova

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I emailled YT about the XL possibility, PB comment chains are the most reputable sources of info.

This is tough for me, as the Capra Al is tied along with the Fezzari Nebo Peak to be my next bike. the only thing holding me back from the Capra is the older geo. Riding a modern Kona has been my first intro into the looooooong TT, short CS, long reach geo which I've gotten very comfortable with. I feel like I might not be happy to go back to the hunched over short TT days of old.

EDIT: Got a reply from YT about the sizing.

Zink (YT USA)
    Feb 9, 08:28

We do have plans for an XL model. There was only a very small demand for XL bikes in Europe, the XL is still being worked on. It should be available later this year.

I am about 6'1", also with long arms and legs and I ride a large. It feels like a good size for me. However, I am typically ridden smaller bikes my whole life.

Thanks,

Howie
    Last edited by Fluidworks; 02-09-2015 at 01:55 PM.

mtbr member
    Just pulled the trigger on a Comp 1. I really liked the blue frame but I don't want to deal with BOS so I got the large comp1 green frame. I was going to order it last night but was too tired so put it off. One day later=one more month of waiting. last night the delivery date was the first week of March, today it's the first week of April.

But I'm saving a ton of money.........actually I am. The recent Euro weakness has priced the Comp 1 at just $300 more than an Uprising frame and only $100 more than a Spartan frame. The way I see it I just paid a decent price for top level parts and got a free frame to boot. Cool.

I have Flat Pedal shame.
    Good to know about the shipping dates, I will be buying mine on Friday.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Been following this thread and thought I would chime in. Just got my Capra CF Pro today. I ordered from Germany and think I pretty much got the last 2014 model they had as I got my shipping confirmation the day they announced the 2015 Models. Anyways, *****in bike. Haven't done a true ride on it but it looks and feels really good. I got the Medium and I am 5'10". I have been riding a Medium Intense Carbine 275 and it feels very similar in size.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerider30 View Post
    Been following this thread and thought I would chime in. Just got my Capra CF Pro today. I ordered from Germany and think I pretty much got the last 2014 model they had as I got my shipping confirmation the day they announced the 2015 Models. Anyways, *****in bike. Haven't done a true ride on it but it looks and feels really good. I got the Medium and I am 5'10". I have been riding a Medium Intense Carbine 275 and it feels very similar in size.
    Sweet, I'm just a few hairs over 6ft so I got a large. I threw a leg over a large a few months ago and it felt good and looked amazing. At that point I really wasn't interested in the Capra as the price was about the same if I built up an Uprising or Spartan. Thanks to the Swiss National Bank dropping the Euro it made the Capra a whole lot cheaper.
    You have to be smart with your money.
    looking forward to some ride reports.

mtbr member
    A review of the comp1 Capra.
    What really stands out is this.

"The result is a true all-mountain all-rounder that’s at least an equal to any other bike we’ve ridden on our test trails. If that sounds a bold claim for a new bike, then the fact it picked up four Strava descent segment personal records on trails we’ve ridden for years on our first 30-minute ride shows just how fast this bike can go. It continued to pick up more personal records throughout testing too, literally leaving the other bikes in the dust on the way to an increasingly inevitable perfect score."
    YT Industries Capra Comp 1 review - BikeRadar

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Took my first ride yesterday on the new steed. Went to my favorite trail in Vegas which is a technical 4.1 mile climb with a steep, rocky and littered with small drops decent. Let me preface this initial review with I have only ridden 5 times in 5 months so I am not in the best riding shape.

The climb - traction was never an issue. Lung and leg capacity was. Whether this was due to the 32t gear (I normally ride a 30), the bike or my physical ability I don't know but I walked a few sections that I never have before. No pedal bob, front was nice and light and easily able to get up over anything. I thought this would translate to a wandering front end but I was surprised how stable it was.

The decent - friggin amazing. I still need to do some fine tuning on the suspension but wow, it eats up anything. I thought I was on my DH rig. Now that I know how good it is I can't wait to to this trail again to charge it even harder. Wish I went tubeless as I flatted twice. Nice that the Crossmax wheels are already taped and they give you the stems needed to convert. I just didn't have any sealant left.

As much as reviews say how good the new SRAM guide brakes are I am not convinced yet. Maybe I need to get use to them but I found myself squeezing the holy hell out of them and not stopping. Other than that I need to get a 30t gear and go tubeless and this bike is dialed.

mtbr member
    Took my first ride yesterday on the new steed. Went to my favorite trail in Vegas which is a technical 4.1 mile climb with a steep, rocky and littered with small drops decent. Let me preface this initial review with I have only ridden 5 times in 5 months so I am not in the best riding shape.

The climb - traction was never an issue. Lung and leg capacity was. Whether this was due to the 32t gear (I normally ride a 30), the bike or my physical ability I don't know but I walked a few sections that I never have before. No pedal bob, front was nice and light and easily able to get up over anything. I thought this would translate to a wandering front end but I was surprised how stable it was.

The decent - friggin amazing. I still need to do some fine tuning on the suspension but wow, it eats up anything. I thought I was on my DH rig. Now that I know how good it is I can't wait to to this trail again to charge it even harder. Wish I went tubeless as I flatted twice. Nice that the Crossmax wheels are already taped and they give you the stems needed to convert. I just didn't have any sealant left.

As much as reviews say how good the new SRAM guide brakes are I am not convinced yet. Maybe I need to get use to them but I found myself squeezing the holy hell out of them and not stopping. Other than that I need to get a 30t gear and go tubeless and this bike is dialed.
    Nice ride report. What model do you have?
    I'm not a big fan of sram brakes but with the reviews/hype/blah-blah I thought I'd give them a try. if I don't like them then I'll just throw a pair of Saints on. With all the money I just saved I'm looking at getting a new wheelset plus a week long holiday in Finale Ligure or Mallorca. The extra wheelset is mostly so I don't have to change tires from heavy duty DH to more pedal friendly tires like a set of Ardents.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I have the 2014 CF Pro. It was supposed to come with XO brakes which I really hate so I bought the Magura MT7 before I even got the bike. Since it came with the Guide I thought I would give them a try. Will do one more ride and if I still don't like them then the Magura's are going on.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Anyone have some pics?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by derekbob View Post
    Anyone have some pics?
    Got this from someone on PB who got it from YT's FB page.
    I really, really like the blue, shame it comes with Bos. Never ridden Bos except for a DH shock many years ago so I can't speak for their ride quality, but I did watch my friend wait half a ridding season waiting for Bos to fix his fork. This was last summer. As soon as he got it back he sold it as he already had a Pike from the first month of waiting. And he lives 45 minutes to the French boarder. YT Industries "Capra" info thread. (Pic inside)-image.jpg

mtbr member
    YT Industries "Capra" info thread. (Pic inside)-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I was very hesitant about the BOS suspension also. Talked to a bunch of people and they all said it performed excellent but good luck getting service or parts. Luckily the US distributor opened 10 minutes from my house a couple months ago so that sealed the deal for me.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I really really really want the aluminum 1 but that $600+ tax to bring it state side is a deal breaker. It brings it just 500 bucks shy of what i was quoted at a lbs for a ibis mojo hd3. Got to wait to see how this bike compares with the hd3.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sd_fox_racer View Post
    I really really really want the aluminum 1 but that $600+ tax to bring it state side is a deal breaker. It brings it just 500 bucks shy of what i was quoted at a lbs for a ibis mojo hd3. Got to wait to see how this bike compares with the hd3.
    Are you sure about that? And what build comes with the HD3? I test rode the HDR right before the HD3 came out and I didn't like it, but that's just me. It felt like an XC bike with too much suspension. I do understand that the HD3 is a different bike than the HDR but it's not too far off, from what I've read. I think this has to do with importing and shipping cause an HD3 with an SLX build is almost twice as much as the Comp1 Capra here. I can't believe an alloy Capra is only slightly less than a HD3, but I'm probably wrong.
    For the lowest end Nomad I could buy two Capras and money to spare even though every test I've seen rates the nomad at less than 3% more performance than Capra, and I have a feeling that 3% is mental. The hype factor.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Are you sure about that? And what build comes with the HD3? I test rode the HDR right before the HD3 came out and I didn't like it, but that's just me. It felt like an XC bike with too much suspension. I do understand that the HD3 is a different bike than the HDR but it's not too far off, from what I've read. I think this has to do with importing and shipping cause an HD3 with an SLX build is almost twice as much as the Comp1 Capra here. I can't believe an alloy Capra is only slightly less than a HD3, but I'm probably wrong.
    For the lowest end Nomad I could buy two Capras and money to spare even though every test I've seen rates the nomad at less than 3% more performance than Capra, and I have a feeling that 3% is mental. The hype factor.
    I got quoted for the special blend with upgrade to the pike rct3 fork db shock shorter stem ibis upgrade handle bar for 4700 out the door. The capra a1 is 4100 and change deliverd. The drivetrain components are better on the capra but for the extra cash i could have a carbon bike. The capra is fully specd out though which is what i like i have to do nothing to it where the ibis i would swap to a 1x11.

mtbr member
    Are you sure about that?
    In Europe we get hosed on US bike brands, they love doing direct dollar to pound (or Euro, Swiss Franc) conversions and walking away with an extra 70 or 80 percent mark up.

A lot of US brands get much closer to our direct sales companies when you're in America, one particular brand has a bike that goes from $2500 (£1628 right now) to £2250 (or $3450). Same bike, same spec, both retail prices inc tax, nice mark up if you can get it.

Phil from San Diego
    Quote Originally Posted by sd_fox_racer View Post
    I got quoted for the special blend with upgrade to the pike rct3 fork db shock shorter stem ibis upgrade handle bar for 4700 out the door. The capra a1 is 4100 and change deliverd. The drivetrain components are better on the capra but for the extra cash i could have a carbon bike. The capra is fully specd out though which is what i like i have to do nothing to it where the ibis i would swap to a 1x11.
    The Capra Aluminum 1 is $3295 + maybe $80 shipping and no tax unless you live in Nevada? Not sure where the $4100 figure came from...

Anyway, I just ordered a Capra Comp 1 in green this past Friday. Sounds like they will be shipped in the next couple of days and be in my hands ~5 days after that! I'm 5'11" and went with a medium. Was a bit concerned it might be tad small but a quick chat with Cam Zink's brother at YT put my concern to rest. $4700 for the Comp 1 is a smoking deal! I'm stoked!

mtbr member
    Took my first ride yesterday on the new steed. Went to my favorite trail in Vegas which is a technical 4.1 mile climb with a steep, rocky and littered with small drops decent.
    Cowboy Trails?
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix the Spade View Post
    In Europe we get hosed on US bike brands, they love doing direct dollar to pound (or Euro, Swiss Franc) conversions and walking away with an extra 70 or 80 percent mark up.

A lot of US brands get much closer to our direct sales companies when you're in America, one particular brand has a bike that goes from $2500 (£1628 right now) to £2250 (or $3450). Same bike, same spec, both retail prices inc tax, nice mark up if you can get it.
    Same thing with Swiss MTB online stores. 3x more expensive than Chain Reaction. That has changed in the last year or two after an article published the import data from Chain Reaction alone, several million francs in a single year, also saying how shoppers were saving up to 70%. Prices are now more competitive. Speaking of which, has anyone noticed parts and components are now actually CHEAPER in Europe than the U.S I remember flying back from the US with case full of MTB gear because of how expensive it use to be here. Chain Reaction changed everything, I have a feeling YT and Canyon will too. The LBS is still alive in spite of both because they sell more service than anything else.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prexus2005 View Post
    The Capra Aluminum 1 is $3295 + maybe $80 shipping and no tax unless you live in Nevada? Not sure where the $4100 figure came from...

Anyway, I just ordered a Capra Comp 1 in green this past Friday. Sounds like they will be shipped in the next couple of days and be in my hands ~5 days after that! I'm 5'11" and went with a medium. Was a bit concerned it might be tad small but a quick chat with Cam Zink's brother at YT put my concern to rest. $4700 for the Comp 1 is a smoking deal! I'm stoked!
    How are you getting yours so early? I ordered mine last week and got a shipping conformation for the first week of April.

Love the cockpit view.

Under the hood.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Got the whole tax thing figured out it was not putting in my correct adress. Ill be getting the aluminum 1too bad the med is not due to be instock till 5/13

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob View Post
    Cowboy Trails?
    Yes sir. Kibbles n bits to Boneshaker. Figured if I'm going to test a new bike might as well put it thru the ringer!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    has anyone who has ridden one comment on the bottom bracket height vs other bikes? It seems on the high side, that's really the only thing holding me back from pulling the trigger.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    That's one thing I forgot to mention in my initial ride review. LOTS of pedal strikes. I was running a bit too much sag but I felt it was too low even with the shorter cranks. Need to get the suspension more dialed before I can say for sure.

Phil from San Diego
    How are you getting yours so early? I ordered mine last week and got a shipping conformation for the first week of April.
    Don't know Sam, when I placed my order on the 14th, the site listed the comp 1 being available on 2/18. On the 17th, when I called YT, I was told the bikes will be starting to be shipped out in the "next couple days". I didn't check on my particular order.

But I also don't have any shipping confirmation yet... so I don't know... if you ordered before me, I certainly hope you'll receive it way before April... I was left with the impression that I'll be getting mine next week.. guess we'll just have to wait and see...

mtbr member
    Don't know Sam, when I placed my order on the 14th, the site listed the comp 1 being available on 2/18. On the 17th, when I called YT, I was told the bikes will be starting to be shipped out in the "next couple days". I didn't check on my particular order.

But I also don't have any shipping confirmation yet... so I don't know... if you ordered before me, I certainly hope you'll receive it way before April... I was left with the impression that I'll be getting mine next week.. guess we'll just have to wait and see...
    The process seems to be this;
    Order, receive order conformation
    A few days later receive payment info and shipping conformation.
    Pay
    A few days later receive payment received conformation.
    Now wait, wait some more, only a few more days......
    Unbox, assemble, go rip it up.

in regards to paying the cheapest option is bank transfer as you'll get a better exchange rate than through Visa or Paypal. It could be a difference of $150 or more. That's a lot of beer money, or new gear.

Phil from San Diego
    The process seems to be this;
    Order, receive order conformation
    A few days later receive payment info and shipping conformation.
    Pay
    A few days later receive payment received conformation.
    Now wait, wait some more, only a few more days......
    Unbox, assemble, go rip it up.

in regards to paying the cheapest option is bank transfer as you'll get a better exchange rate than through Visa or Paypal. It could be a difference of $150 or more. That's a lot of beer money, or new gear.
    Well... that's a different process than what me and my buddy experienced ordering from their web site on the 14th and 16th. After choosing US and English from the start page, you can select and place a bike in the shopping cart then proceed to check out. Payment options I saw were only Paypal or Credit Card. Paypal payment is immediate but you'd have to call in to use a credit card.

After Paypal payment, YT immediately sent me an order confirmation as well as Paypal who sent me a receipt for the purchase.

*shrug*

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Really? That's interesting as I think I saw somewhere that it's just under 14" which seems pretty high compared to a lot of other bikes. Would you mind taking a measurement?

mtbr member
    Yes sir. Kibbles n bits to Boneshaker. Figured if I'm going to test a new bike might as well put it thru the ringer!
    Great route! Love K&B climbing. So fun and creatively routed you don't even notice you're climbing. And, yes, Boneshaker should be a great test for a new bike. Yee Haw!
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Well... that's a different process than what me and my buddy experienced ordering from their web site on the 14th and 16th. After choosing US and English from the start page, you can select and place a bike in the shopping cart then proceed to check out. Payment options I saw were only Paypal or Credit Card. Paypal payment is immediate but you'd have to call in to use a credit card.

After Paypal payment, YT immediately sent me an order confirmation as well as Paypal who sent me a receipt for the purchase.

*shrug*
    We have the option to pay with paypal or credit card as well but they rape you with the exchange rate so for us in Europe it's much cheaper to use bank transfer. Did you pay USD or EUR for the bike? If you paid in EUR what exchange rate did PayPal give you?

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I'm 5'11" and went with a medium. Was a bit concerned it might be tad small but a quick chat with Cam Zink's brother at YT put my concern to rest. $4700 for the Comp 1 is a smoking deal! I'm stoked!
    what he said?, because, I'm 5'8" and I can't convince myself to buy one because I think the medium one is too short; and the Large is too large for me

Phil from San Diego
    ok... Sam, I was thinking you were also in San Diego California for some reason. think I confused you with the other guy buying the Capra A1. So yeah, in the states, there is no other options of buying the bike other than with US dollars from YT's US web site. In terms of the ordering process and shipping, looks like it's completely different if you are in Switzerland.

Eugen, Cam's brother told me that Cam Zink is 5'10" and rides all mediums. At 5'8", medium should be perfect for you I'd think. But don't take my word for it. You can probably call and ask what they recommend for you.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    More riding impressions please. Especially those that just got one, how does it climb? I think it's well established the Capra is a magic carpet of destruction downhill, but I'm especially interested for non-shuttled runs.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    It's not a cross country rig by any standard! I got crushed last night on our weekly ride. I was in granny gear most of the ride and there were some sections I couldn't pedal it. Granted I am a bit out of riding condition but seemed like a struggle. Putting the 30t gear on tomorrow. Traction is never an issue and if I had the legs, while standing up it climbs quite well.

mtbr member
    It's not a cross country rig by any standard! I got crushed last night on our weekly ride. I was in granny gear most of the ride and there were some sections I couldn't pedal it. Granted I am a bit out of riding condition but seemed like a struggle. Putting the 30t gear on tomorrow. Traction is never an issue and if I had the legs, while standing up it climbs quite well.
    I hear this is typical when first going to the 1×11 system. It FORCES you to develop stronger legs. Or just swap out for a 2×10 system. Lol. I hear the Capra climbs great but still waiting for mine.

mtbr member
    Has anyone in the US ordered the Capro Pro-Race (large)? Just wondering if they got a different ship date (hopefully early) than the May 15th date on the website. I'm really considering ordering this bike, just wish I could get it sooner for a trip to Bend Or.
    Thanks..

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    how much sales tax u paid? is there a way to avoid paying sales tax? I'm from california.

mtbr member
    So what do you guys think of this Capra? I like the basket so he can haul his lunch as he's out sending it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	3758 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	966799
    ..but seriously

I do hope he put all that just to take a pic and having a laugh; otherwise, what's wrong with the world maaan?

mtbr member
    ..but seriously

I do hope he put all that just to take a pic and having a laugh; otherwise, what's wrong with the world maaan?
    He's missing some pink streamers. Lol

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    He's missing some pink streamers. Lol
    would go well with the basket upfront

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I suggest you guys check your crank arms when you get the bike. I did a bolt check straight out of the box but never thought to check the crank arm. After 2 rides it was getting close to falling off!! Somebody wanted to check the BB height so here you go. Sorry for the wrong angle YT Industries "Capra" info thread. (Pic inside)-img_1262%5B1%5D.jpg

mtbr member
    I suggest you guys check your crank arms when you get the bike. I did a bolt check straight out of the box but never thought to check the crank arm. After 2 rides it was getting close to falling off!! Somebody wanted to check the BB height so here you go. Sorry for the wrong angle Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1262[1].jpg 
Views:	606 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	966931
    I've been hearing about this on PB. It should go without saying but when you get a new bike straight from the box you should go through and check Every. Single. Thing.
    I know the temptation is there to just bolt up the bars pump it up with air and off you go but this thing was slapped together in a warehouse, not by your local lbs. It's one of the added cost of buying direct.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    What is the bottom bracket height? Your's appears to be only 13", while the Capra rep said it was suppose to be 13.8". If it is anything lower than 13.5" I'll be pedal striking all the time out here in rocky Colorado.
    Chris

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Chris9702l View Post
    What is the bottom bracket height? Your's appears to be only 13", while the Capra rep said it was suppose to be 13.8". If it is anything lower than 13.5" I'll be pedal striking all the time out here in rocky Colorado.
    Chris
    Just run 145mm cranks. Problem solved!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    here I was not interested because it was claimed to be too high but if that pic is accurate then it may be the opposite problem. can anyone else confirm?

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    It depends on how it's measured. If the suspension is compressed or tires are not fully inflated when he measured it, then the bottom bracket could be lower than if YT measured it uncompressed/fully inflated. It's also possible YT measured it by first calculating the bottom bracket drop (distance between center of wheel hub and center of bottom bracket) and then calculating the bottom bracket height from that based on the tire size.

650B wheel = 584mm

Bottom bracket height = (584mm + 2*tire height)/2 - (Bottom Bracket Drop)

mtbr member
    Video! Capra spotted in the wild fist dragging Hunter style .

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/crazy-a...ideo-2015.html

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Just got mine today

Stoked
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YT Industries "Capra" info thread. (Pic inside)-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailBlazr View Post
    Stoked
    Are those the new Lizard sanction skins? I would of chosen black. Lol

Nice bike, I waiting for the same one. Trail report and a dirty goat photo is expected..
    What size is yours and when did you order it?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    45 minutes for a careful and detailed build. Brake calipers have a little rub, the caliper needs a little centering. I'll will be checking and torquing bolts tomorrow. Shifting was spot on. I'll probably spend another two hours cutting cables, bleeding the brakes and converting to tubeless, a month or two down the road, specially the seatpost hose which is absurdly long and bent to a U right at the bottom bracket. I'd say the condition of the bike as it came out of the package, 10/10, build effort beginner level, and bike quality SUPERB. Can't wait to ride it. I'm 5'6" and I bought a small. The seatpost almost didnt fit. I only have 5 mm of post under the top cap showing. If youre shorter, you may have issues with the 150mm dropper.

Last edited by bing!; 03-03-2015 at 11:05 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bing! View Post
    45 minutes for a careful and detailed build. Brake calipers have a little rub, the caliper needs a little centering. I'll will be checking and torquing bolts tomorrow. Shifting was spot on. I'll probably spend another two hours cutting cables and bleeding the brakes and converting to tubeless, a month or two down the road, specially the seatpost hose which is absurdly long and bent to a U right at the bottom bracket. I'd say condition bike as it came out of the package 10/10, build effort beginner level, and bike quality Superb. Can't wait to ride it. I'm 5'6" and I bought a small. The seatpost almost didnt fit. I only have 5 mm of post under the top cap showing. If youre shorter, you may have issues with the 150mm dropper.

Are you sure you have a 150mm dropper? The small frame is supposed to come with a 125mm dropper, according to the bike's spec page.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAnotherHill View Post
    Are you sure you have a 150mm dropper? The small frame is supposed to come with a 125mm dropper, according to the bike's spec page.
    I'm gonna check. My last bike had a 100 and had plenty of post showing, and this looks ridiculously long.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    whats your inseam length bing!?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    29.5 inseam.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    same here. please reply with first ride impressions. thanks again

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I ended up moving my seat post adjuster to the left side and shortening the cable quite a bit. Mine was also at a less than ideal routing angle at the bottom of the seat post. Shortening the cable is super easy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Just finished checking the true and balancing the tension on the rear wheel. The true was spot on. The dish was perfect. The wheel is surprisingly well built if it was done by a machine. Adjusted a few rear spokes to within 19.5-20 on the Park tensiometer. A prelimanry survey showed that the builder was maxing the build at 128 kgf. Final kgf averaged around 120-128, balancing the drive side within .5 on the tensiometer all the way around. I was surprised that the spokes are 1.6, but I dont have a preference anyway. It's built that way and I'll take it. The front was still true and dished, but tension balance did need some more work. Not too much, but now it's as good as a hand built wheel.

Did a bolt check, and besides one stem bolt, everything was torqued properly.

BTW, the wheels are already TAPED for tubeless. I remember that some reviews said they werent. They are.
    Last edited by bing!; 03-05-2015 at 09:51 PM.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. How was the shifting out of the box? Still have 4 more weeks until I get to post something like that. But its snowing outside so there is no hurry other than I want to look at it, touch it, sit on it, maybe even cuddle it. lol

Phil from San Diego

2015 Capra Comp 1 M

YT Industries "Capra" info thread. (Pic inside)-20150303_113202.jpg

Just got mine couple of days ago. =) Shifting out of the box was slightly off for me and required adjustment. Love the internal cable routing but the cables seem long like others have said.

I was afraid it would be small but initial impression riding a lap around my complex is that the medium frame felt fine for me at 5'10". I'll take it out for a real ride this weekend and report back after.

I was impressed with the packaging. Looks like it took some engineering to design some of the cardboard pieces to protect/pack it all in the box.

There was zero blemishes on the frame. I haven't checked any of the bolts for tension. I'll do it tonight. Good to hear the wheels are well built from bing!

YT Industries "Capra" info thread. (Pic inside)-20150303_174304.jpg

mtbr member
    H

Name:	20150303_113202.jpg 
Views:	1008 
Size:	174.6 KB 
ID:	970105

Just got mine couple of days ago. =) Shifting out of the box was slightly off for me and required adjustment. Love the internal cable routing but the cables seem long like others have said.

I was afraid it would be small but initial impression riding a lap around my complex is that the medium frame felt fine for me at 5'10". I'll take it out for a real ride this weekend and report back after.

I was impressed with the packaging. Looks like it took some engineering to design some of the cardboard pieces to protect/pack it all in the box.

There was zero blemishes on the frame. I haven't checked any of the bolts for tension. I'll do it tonight. Good to hear the wheels are well built from bing!

Name:	20150303_174304.jpg 
Views:	4795 
Size:	234.2 KB 
ID:	970102
    Sweet! I love the green frame. I'm biased as I love that color and have had that color somewhere, like pedals, bar, wheel etc, on my other bikes or kit for quite a few years now. Sexiest. Green Bike. Ever.

Good to know the bike comes with German engineered cardboard.
    Best. Cardboard. Ever.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Shifting was pretty spot on, but right after the first trail ride, things started loosening up. Nothing more than a few barrel adjuster twists. I did a minor drivetrain tune up and it went well after that. While at it, I did find the rear derailleur B screw to be really off. A well adjust B screw makes for snappier shifting.

It had like a 1.25 inch clearance between cog and pulley. The manual says 6mm. Not a big deal. A minor adjustment. I let the B screw out (I have the 2x10), tried for a 6mm clearance, but no go. The X9 derailleur will hit the chain stay when on the 11T cog. Settled for a 10mm clearance, and it shifts a lot better when going to the largest cog. The L limit screw was also let loose a bit as there were issues getting to the largest cog consistently.

As far as cables, I cut the front derailleur cable housing, the rear was ok. I will be cutting the rear brake hose as well. I will do that after checking if I need a new olive fitting. Not sure if I do.

My seatpost went back. The Reverb had a knocking sound. It worked, but any time I sit, it felt like the saddle rails were giving way just a bit. Found the play on the shaft. I called SRAM first and they were no help. When they heard I bought it online, it was "go to any LBS". Ugh. They didnt even know who YT was. But when I called YT, they were very helpful. Howie is easy to deal with and their working on a replacement. If you guys experience warranty issues. Call YT first. I buy a lot of online stuff. When it comes to warranty and returns, it's not for the faint of heart. As far as dealing with YT, I rank it up there with Amazon for returns processing. Pretty good. Just waiting on the new one. Maybe a week.

BTW, the TRS+ freehub is FRIKKIN LOUD.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Shifting was pretty spot on, but right after the first trail ride, things started loosening up. Nothing more than a few barrel adjuster twists. I did a minor drivetrain tune up and it went well after that. While at it, I did find the rear derailleur B screw to be really off. A well adjust B screw makes for snappier shifting.

It had like a 1.25 inch clearance between cog and pulley. The manual says 6mm. Not a big deal. A minor adjustment. I let the B screw out (I have the 2x10), tried for a 6mm clearance, but no go. The X9 derailleur will hit the chain stay when on the 11T cog. Settled for a 10mm clearance, and it shifts a lot better when going to the largest cog. The L limit screw was also let loose a bit as there were issues getting to the largest cog consistently.

As far as cables, I cut the front derailleur cable housing, the rear was ok. I will be cutting the rear brake hose as well. I will do that after checking if I need a new olive fitting. Not sure if I do.

My seatpost went back. The Reverb had a knocking sound. It worked, but any time I sit, it felt like the saddle rails were giving way just a bit. Found the play on the shaft. I called SRAM first and they were no help. When they heard I bought it online, it was "go to any LBS". Ugh. They didnt even know who YT was. But when I called YT, they were very helpful. Howie is easy to deal with and their working on a replacement. If you guys experience warranty issues. Call YT first. I buy a lot of online stuff. When it comes to warranty and returns, it's not for the faint of heart. As far as dealing with YT, I rank it up there with Amazon for returns processing. Pretty good. Just waiting on the new one. Maybe a week.

BTW, the TRS+ freehub is FRIKKIN LOUD.

Hmm.. doesn't sound like a great first experience! Hope you get those things worked out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Hmm.. doesn't sound like a great first experience! Hope you get those things worked out.
    I don't think it's any different right now vs. getting a store built bike. Those guys have like 30 minutes to build a bike from a box. Bolts are basically tightened from the factory and inspected.

The hose cutting and tuning part is me being very particular. Getting the fit and rider position right takes me a while. After which hoses and cables are cut, sometimes replaced to lengthen. I've pretty much had to fine tune all the bikes I've bought from shops.

As for issues, I had a brand new Trek Fuel EX that had the shock go back within the first month. Came back and never had a problem. Ive had a complete set of Shimano brakes exchanged out for leaking. I had Avid brakes that went back to the shop, replaced, went back and finally I solved the noise issues myself. New bikes aren't always perfect. There is a birthing process What I look for is a seller that will make things right within a reasonable amount of time. I'm not worried.

BTW, anyone interested in a ride impression?
    Last edited by bing!; 03-06-2015 at 08:57 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    I don't think it's any different right now vs. getting a store built bike. Those guys have like 30 minutes to build a bike from a box. Bolts are basically tightened from the factory and inspected.

The hose cutting and tuning part is me being very particular. Getting the fit and rider position right takes me a while. After which hoses and cables are cut, something replaced to lengthen. I've pretty much had to fine tune all the bikes I've bought from shops.

As for issues, I had a brand new Trek Fuel EX that had the shock go back within the first month. Came back and never had a problem. Ive had a complete set of Shimano brakes exchanged out for leaking. I had Avid brakes that went back to the shop, replaced, went back and finally I solved the noise issues myself. New bikes aren't always perfect. There is a birthing process What I look for is a seller that will make things right within a reasonable amount of time. I'm not worried.

BTW, anyone interested in a ride impression?
    Yes, please.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Ride impression after 1 ride:

It's a good climber. I sometimes use a 22 pound carbon Spec Epic Marathon 29er, that's an excellent climber. This one is a good climber. On arduous fire roads climbs, it's feels like my Trek Remedy with 2.35 tires.

Surprisingly, the 160mm legs don't hold it back at all compared to the 150mm and Trek Remedy, which is supposed to be sprightlier by design. The 65.2 degree head angle didn't wander at all on the climbs. I was mainly worried about this. I am glad I was wrong. I tested it on one particularly steep climb that I use the granny on on West Ridge single track, no issue. Didn't spin out, didnt wander. Although there is no weight advantage to the bike vs. my old alumnum rider, it does take off from jumps incredibly well. I was getting air even without trying.

I rolled down a couple of short rocky sections and it did well too. The Pike fork is not a whole lot better than my old Bomber 55 RC3 ti. They're about equal, which is a good thing. I did appreciate the three modes on the Pike, the pedal setting helps. I'm glad I have it.

Where the YT Capra excelled and makes it a win for me is that it corners like its on rails. My old bike, which was raked out with a 10mm longer fork and -1.5 degree angle set (66.5 HA actual) with a 46 inch wheelbase (actual), had a tendency to push to the outside of corners at speed. Be it flat fire road or single track, anywhere over 15mph, I'm always praying "cmon, cmon, get in there". Not the Capra. Point and shoot. It actually has a very subtle oversteer. When I get a hang of it, I'll probably be able to swing the rear on demand.

The Debonair shock was excellent. I set it at home, and never touched it again. It's fire and forget, I like. It does weep more oil vs a Fox RP. Thats cool, as long as it doesnt need constant service. We shall see.

The SRAM Guide brakes were plasticky, but excellent. SRAM X9 group, plasticky but worked great.

If I were to nit pick, I'd say the biggest negative is the sound the carbon frame makes on fire roads climbs. First I thought the gears were breaking in. But it wasn't. The frame, as is climbs gravelly roads, resonates the gravel noise and makes a sound similar to sand grit on your teeth when your grinding them as you hear it with your inner ear. Weird. Oh, and the e.thirteen TRS+ wheels buzzed like a bumblebee on EPO and cortisone during the descents. Hikers were looking back at me from 50 yards away.

I'll get more aggressive as soon as I get my dropper back

mtbr member
    Feb 2015

Name:	20150303_113202.jpg 
Views:	1008 
Size:	174.6 KB 
ID:	970105

Name:	20150303_174304.jpg 
Views:	4795 
Size:	234.2 KB 
ID:	970102
    Glad to hear your size seems good. I'm 5'10" too and got the medium - like you I'm a little worried about it being too small.

Interested to hear your impressions after a few kms in the saddle.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    The shifting was fine. I found the B screw to be less than ideal, but it did not affect it at all. I adjusted the B screw to move the pulley closer to the cogs, manual says 6 mm, but you can't do that on the Capra as the derailleur body will be too close to the chain stay when you're on the 11T, so I set at around 10mm. After that adjustment, a couple of barrel twists and it was shifting crisper.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Aaaaargh!?!?! I'm taking the plunge. Placed an order for a white CF2 last night. Partially nervous for buying a bike sight unseen, and partially SUPER excited to get my first (truly new) new bike for well over a decade.

I've been riding a SC Superlight that I built up from a used 2009 frame I bought. While a nice bike, I just never could get the suspension dialed the way I wanted it, especially after I rented a Bronson for a weekend in Crested Butte and found out what modern suspension tech and geometry can do.

Although I agonized over the decision, I ultimately decided yes because I'm taking a 3-month sabbatical this summer/fall and am planning on riding some of the best known "big boy" trails on an extended road/camping trip: Santa Cruz, Bend, Fruita, Moab and several points in-between. I wanted something that would be comfortable, capable, and most of all, fun.

Sure hope I made the right decision!!! I'll update once I get the bike and get it out on the trail. It was showing in-stock, so I hope I get it soon!

Also, after talking with Howie, I decided to go with a Large frame. I'm 5'11" with a 31-inch inseam - more used to a stretched-out XC bike and was very comfortable on a large Bronson. We'll see how it fits.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by abroadaw View Post
    Aaaaargh!?!?! I'm taking the plunge. Placed an order for a white CF2 last night. Partially nervous for buying a bike sight unseen, and partially SUPER excited to get my first (truly new) new bike for well over a decade.

I've been riding a SC Superlight that I built up from a used 2009 frame I bought. While a nice bike, I just never could get the suspension dialed the way I wanted it, especially after I rented a Bronson for a weekend in Crested Butte and found out what modern suspension tech and geometry can do.

Although I agonized over the decision, I ultimately decided yes because I'm taking a 3-month sabbatical this summer/fall and am planning on riding some of the best known "big boy" trails on an extended road/camping trip: Santa Cruz, Bend, Fruita, Moab and several points in-between. I wanted something that would be comfortable, capable, and most of all, fun.

Sure hope I made the right decision!!! I'll update once I get the bike and get it out on the trail. It was showing in-stock, so I hope I get it soon!

Also, after talking with Howie, I decided to go with a Large frame. I'm 5'11" with a 31-inch inseam - more used to a stretched-out XC bike and was very comfortable on a large Bronson. We'll see how it fits.
    Gratz! I took the plunge recently as well, after demoing the Bronson, Range, and Reign. I liked the Range and Reign the most, but for different reasons, so I figured the Capra would be the best of both worlds.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Gratz! I took the plunge recently as well, after demoing the Bronson, Range, and Reign. I liked the Range and Reign the most, but for different reasons, so I figured the Capra would be the best of both worlds.
    i demoed the Reign as well and really liked it. im not so used to the stretched out feeling yet as im coming from a Giant Anthem, but need a more all rounder do it all bike. i can only afford one bike since i have my two son's on bikes as well. im very curious to see how it stacks against the Reign tho! Would you kindly reply with a comparison between the two?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    when you finally get your bike of course. thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Sure thing! Hopefully sometime next month. Haven't received a date yet.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Ride impression after 1 ride:

It's a good climber. I sometimes use a 22 pound carbon Spec Epic Marathon 29er, that's an excellent climber. This one is a good climber. On arduous fire roads climbs, it's feels like my Trek Remedy with 2.35 tires.

Surprisingly, the 160mm legs don't hold it back at all compared to the 150mm and Trek Remedy, which is supposed to be sprightlier by design. The 65.2 degree head angle didn't wander at all on the climbs. I was mainly worried about this. I am glad I was wrong. I tested it on one particularly steep climb that I use the granny on on West Ridge single track, no issue. Didn't spin out, didnt wander. Although there is no weight advantage to the bike vs. my old alumnum rider, it does take off from jumps incredibly well. I was getting air even without trying.

I rolled down a couple of short rocky sections and it did well too. The Pike fork is not a whole lot better than my old Bomber 55 RC3 ti. They're about equal, which is a good thing. I did appreciate the three modes on the Pike, the pedal setting helps. I'm glad I have it.

Where the YT Capra excelled and makes it a win for me is that it corners like its on rails. My old bike, which was raked out with a 10mm longer fork and -1.5 degree angle set (66.5 HA actual) with a 46 inch wheelbase (actual), had a tendency to push to the outside of corners at speed. Be it flat fire road or single track, anywhere over 15mph, I'm always praying "cmon, cmon, get in there". Not the Capra. Point and shoot. It actually has a very subtle oversteer. When I get a hang of it, I'll probably be able to swing the rear on demand.

The Debonair shock was excellent. I set it at home, and never touched it again. It's fire and forget, I like. It does weep more oil vs a Fox RP. Thats cool, as long as it doesnt need constant service. We shall see.

The SRAM Guide brakes were plasticky, but excellent. SRAM X9 group, plasticky but worked great.

If I were to nit pick, I'd say the biggest negative is the sound the carbon frame makes on fire roads climbs. First I thought the gears were breaking in. But it wasn't. The frame, as is climbs gravelly roads, resonates the gravel noise and makes a sound similar to sand grit on your teeth when your grinding them as you hear it with your inner ear. Weird. Oh, and the e.thirteen TRS+ wheels buzzed like a bumblebee on EPO and cortisone during the descents. Hikers were looking back at me from 50 yards away.

I'll get more aggressive as soon as I get my dropper back
    thanks bing!

mtbr member
    Ride impression after 1 ride I was getting air even without trying.

Where the YT Capra excelled and makes it a win for me is that it corners like its on rails. at speed. Point and shoot. It actually has a very subtle oversteer. When I get a hang of it, I'll probably be able to swing the rear on demand.

So it comes BRAAAP ready? Good to know, thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    YT Industries "Capra" info thread. (Pic inside)-image.jpgTodo Atlas!

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Thanks for the impressions, Bing. Makes me excited!

mtbr member
    Dec 2014

Views:	2156 
Size:	126.6 KB 
ID:	970533Todo Atlas!
    Bing, did the E13 chain guide come with a bash guard?

mtbr member

Smile Day 1..

Just wanted to spread the Capra stoke.. Got my pro this week and I had first ride this AM. I have some dialing in to do but fast out of the gate. Fyi, the e13 hub is loud.. very loud
    Also wanted to say Howie at YT has been great to work with, quick on response and updates on bike status. Only one ride, but no regrets.

For those burried in snow, those colorful things in the ground are called "flowers". Already in bloom in the NW.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YT Industries "Capra" info thread. (Pic inside)-image-4.jpeg  

YT Industries "Capra" info thread. (Pic inside)-image-3.jpeg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    BB height 13.75 on the dot. No bash guard.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Swissam - I got the Small frame. I’m 5’6” and the bike fits just fine.

Overall the bike is well built. Packaging was good. The build went smoothly. I didn’t have to do too much. Torqued the bolts, centered the calipers, dialed the suspension and went for a ride.

Ride impressions:

- GREAT descender. Bombed down some fast/rocky/technical descents with ease. Bike is very stable and just wants to go FAST.

- Good climber. Took it up a trail with a 16% average grade with some segments hitting 20-30%. The bike took it like a champ - no need to walk it. The 1x11 works great. Does it climb like my Stumpy Carbon HT? No, but it’s more than capable.

- The e13 hub is loud as others mentioned - fine with me.

Bottom line: This bike is like crack. Money well spent.

Sorry the bike isn't dirty enough. Very little mud here in northern California - just blue skies, sunshine, and flowers
    YT Industries "Capra" info thread. (Pic inside)-img_9487.jpgYT Industries "Capra" info thread. (Pic inside)-img_9488.jpg

mtbr member
    BB height 13.75 on the dot. No bash guard.

Views:	615 
Size:	240.2 KB 
ID:	970789
    bing, i'm 5'6" and got a medium pro, 2nd ride yesterday (santa monica loop) and still dialing in the suspension. since you're local do you mind hooking up so i can ride your small to compare? I'm running a 35mm stem with no rise and no spacers so the reach should be almost identical to the small but with longer wheel base but would love to confirm.
    nothing witty here...

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 2w4s View Post
    bing, i'm 5'6" and got a medium pro, 2nd ride yesterday (santa monica loop) and still dialing in the suspension. since you're local do you mind hooking up so i can ride your small to compare? I'm running a 35mm stem with no rise and no spacers so the reach should be almost identical to the small but with longer wheel base but would love to confirm.

Sure let me know. Google search West LA Bicycle, my phone number is there.

I moved from a medium Trek Remedy to a small Capra. I was running a 50 stem and a 740 mm bar. The issue there for me is that the longer bike has a longer wheelbase and a rear ward weight bias for the short rider. The medium felt well, but did not corner as good as I wanted it to. The bike felt amazing, but the smaller Capra corners so much better.

mtbr member
    Sure let me know. Google search West LA Bicycle, my phone number is there.

I moved from a medium Trek Remedy to a small Capra. I was running a 50 stem and a 740 mm bar. The issue there for me is that the longer bike has a longer wheelbase and a rear ward weight bias for the short rider. The medium felt well, but did not corner as good as I wanted it to. The bike felt amazing, but the smaller Capra corners so much better.
    interesting,i've been riding a medium DHR for a couple years and like how the longer wheelbase turns, especially with such a slack HA, and the medium lets me move around the bike more. anyhow, different strokes for different folks, that's why i want to ride a small to see how much difference there really is, i will give you a call next week.
    nothing witty here...

mtbr member
    Flowers? WTF are these "flowers"? I had to google it to refresh my memory as it's been too long since I remember ever seeing "flowers".

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 2w4s View Post
    interesting,i've been riding a medium DHR for a couple years and like how the longer wheelbase turns, especially with such a slack HA, and the medium lets me move around the bike more. anyhow, different strokes for different folks, that's why i want to ride a small to see how much difference there really is, i will give you a call next week.
    The DHR is a dh bike right? I have a Knolly Podium that is also long and I like too. But for trail, I feel the long wheelbase makes the bike push in corners. My old Trek Remedy is a 2011, which was before long top tubes and short stem designs started going mainstream. Back then I bought a medium to compensate. I thought going back to small with the shorter wheelbase but really wide bars, I'm rocking the 770s on the Capra, would improve me cornering, and boy was I right.

Just came from my second ride. Still fiddling with the fork. The shock feels all set, and I already started ripping on some berms and jumps. Oh boy! What a bike! Cornering is so sharp. I lost the front end on a loose gravel corner and the recovery was easy. Wow. Log and dirt jumps, woot woot! I've been ridding it with the fork and shock in pedal mode and finally opened all of it up for a twisty and tech segment. I landed a 2 footer to flat and the Goat feels like a dh bike on landing. Sooooo plush. Did a triple set of jumps in fast succession and it was AWESOME! Felt like a bike park. So smooth.

The Pike feels like it has to break in some more, and I hope it only gets better. Setting sag is useless as it will settle randomly between 15-25%. I put 10 psi below recommended for my weight, 1 click of LSC and it feels great. Am using 90-95% of travel already. Thinking of putting in a bottomless token, but hesitant coz it already feels good. Maybe if I actually bottom the fork
    Last edited by bing!; 03-08-2015 at 03:30 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    After two rides, I found nicks on the derailleur housing between where it comes out of the BB to just where it passes the chain guide to enter the chain stay. Not a big issue, but it's possible that the housing may be cut by the chain guide Over the long term.

The long term fix here is to use a stone and a dremel on that particular edge of the chain guide and sand it smooth. When you land hard or running over gnar, the mass of the housing slams them into the guide edge. The way the guide frame is machined, there is a bend exactly where the cable is above that create a sharp and pointy edge. This is one situation where stamping, vs. machining may have avoided a problem. Rounding it will remove the risk of the housing getting cut. That requires removal of the crank to keep away other parts from a power tool. Yawn. For now, I used a Jagwire cable sleeve. It'll last a while

If anyone has actually been reading my posts on the Capra, the issues I've been finding are small and simply fine tuning to perfection. Over all, I am still satisfied with the quality of the bike as it came outta the box. I've done less with it vs. a store bought bike. For example, the frame protectors are already installed. Cable rub has already been addressed with fittings for the internal cabling. I'd usually have to buy frame patches to protect rub susceptible areas. And I saw generous use of carbon paste and assembly compound on friction grip interfaces. Can't say how many bikes have come to me assembled dry. I would not expect creaking with such detail. I like.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    After two rides, I found nicks on the derailleur housing between where it comes out of the BB to just where it passes the chain guide to enter the chain stay. Not a big issue, but it's possible that the housing may be cut by the chain guide Over the long term.

The long term fix here is to use a stone and a dremel on that particular edge of the chain guide and sand it smooth. When you land hard or running over gnar, the mass of the housing slams them into the guide edge. The way the guide frame is machined, there is a bend exactly where the cable is above that create a sharp and pointy edge. This is one situation where stamping, vs. machining may have avoided a problem. Rounding it will remove the risk of the housing getting cut. That requires removal of the crank to keep away other parts from a power tool. Yawn. For now, I used a Jagwire cable sleeve. It'll last a while

Views:	1900 
Size:	142.2 KB 
ID:	971253

Views:	969 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	971254

If anyone has actually been reading my posts on the Capra, the issues I've been finding are small and simply fine tuning to perfection. Over all, I am still satisfied with the quality of the bike as it came outta the box. I've done less with it vs. a store bought bike. For example, the frame protectors are already installed. Cable rub has already been addressed with fittings for the internal cabling. I'd usually have to buy frame patches to protect rub susceptible areas. And I saw generous use of carbon paste and assembly compound on friction grip interfaces. Can't say how many bikes have come to me assembled dry. I would not expect creaking with such detail. I like.
    Bing, thanks for posting information about these problems and your solutions. It's helpful to know what to look out for on the bike for when I receive it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast