Tool keg on Jeffsy?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Tool keg on Jeffsy?

My Jeffsy is scheduled to arrive in late April. I ride with a pack pretty much 100% of the time, but I like to have essential tools (tube, inflator, multi tool, etc) on the bike. With that in mind, I'd like to use a tool keg on the Jeffsy. Anyone have any experience? If so, does it fit with standard cage, or is side pull cage necessary?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    "So you think it's the hat?... A lot of people hate this hat. It angers a lot of people, just the sight of it." - Uncle Buck

mtbr member
    Not sure if this fits the Jeffsy but I've got room for C02, tool, levers, and a spare link with a bit of extra room. I strapped a tube on my frame and bought some Sombre Smuggle bibs to carry a 1-2 bottles, Clif Bars, and a vest.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Not sure if this fits the Jeffsy but I've got room for C02, tool, levers, and a spare link with a bit of extra room. I strapped a tube on my frame and bought some Sombre Smuggle bibs to carry a 1-2 bottles, Clif Bars, and a vest.
    This is the type of setup I'm looking to rock, but with a hydration pack for longer summer days.

Haven't used any of the Fabric bottles, but their tool keg might just be the ticket with the limited space on the Jeffsy: Fabric | Tool Keg
    "So you think it's the hat?... A lot of people hate this hat. It angers a lot of people, just the sight of it." - Uncle Buck

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    that looks pretty cool but I would worry a bit on the slide on mount system with mountain biking. Let us know how it works.

mtbr member
    It locks solidly. The posts are bolted on and can be tightened for more grip. For the belt and suspenders set there are always toe or velcro straps.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    It locks solidly. The posts are bolted on and can be tightened for more grip. For the belt and suspenders set there are always toe or velcro straps.
    Been using a Fabric Tool Keg for the last 3-4 rides and it works great. No wiggling, rattling or looseness at all. I also ordered a Backcountry Research strap. Between the keg and the strap I should have anything I need for trail side repairs on my bike at all times (plus an extra energy bar and cash for emergencies). I'll still need a pack of some sort for water, but I can now go very minimalist for the pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Thought I would pop on and share my experience with the Fabric system.
    I was tooling around the Bike Festival a couple of weeks ago in SV. One of the vendors had a Fabric tool keg for sale, after questioning the guy about using it on a mountain bike I bought and mounted it to my Jeffsy.
    It actually fits perfectly on the frame, the bottom of the bottle just barely rests against the lower horizontal part of the frame when fully clipped in. After some pretty rough trails with it mounted, including smaller hops and drop offs and rattling along over rocks at high speeds, the Fabric keg never moved!
    I have a spare tube, Crank Bro's multi-tool, chain repair link, tire levers and patch repair kit in the bottle.
    They were being carried in my hydration pack, its a noticeable difference not having them in there.
    I do have to carry my tire pump in my pack as its too long to fit in the bottle
    Tool keg on Jeffsy?-fabric.jpg