Sizing help for Jeffsy- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2018

Sizing help for Jeffsy

Hey all. Would appreciate any input especially those who may have these and ride them. I unfortunately live in an area where I do not get to ride these bikes and can’t get to demo, but I know people who ride like I do and am pretty convinced that the Jeffsy will be a great bike for me. What is screwing me up is the size recommendation on the Jeffsy site. I am 5 ft 8.5 in with a 31” inseam and have always ridden medium bikes, but the fit guide on their site shows I should go with a large...

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    I mesure 173cm and I went for a M size. I raised the saddle about 3-4cm.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Thanks for the reply. Any idea what your inseam is. I like the longer reach on the large, but am a bit concerned about the seat tube height and length of the dropper post with my inseam length.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Just for clarification... are you looking at the carbon or aluminum frames? I believe the aluminum models still have the geo from 2018, so they will have different measurements than the 2019 carbon frames. This could be why you're seeing conflicting info in regards to sizing.

I'm 5'9" with a 32 inch inseam. I ride a size large 2018 aluminum Jeffsy, so that I could get the reach that I wanted. I'd be on a medium 2019 carbon.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    I am looking at the 2019 Carbon 27” pro race.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    I'm short at 167 cm with a 75 cm inseam, and I have a 2019 27" medium pro race and it's a perfect fit with the seatpost slammed. YT said I'd be fine on either a small or medium, but I like the longer reach of the medium. I'm betting you could ride either the medium or large depending on your reach preference.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Anyone else out there with a 31” inseam get onto a large ok? Mainly wondering if the seat tube length plus the 150mm dropper will work ok or be too long for me. I know they decreased the seat tube length for the 2019, which is good.

Edit: After speaking with YT this morning they recommended the Medium. Said I could fit on the large, but that it would feel more sluggish on turning and such for sure except when going Mach 10 down the mountain. Lol. Couple of 5’8” guys in their offices there who apparently ride on Mediums as well, so it is a good reference point. Will let you all know how it works out once I get it.
    Last edited by FishMD; 05-28-2019 at 08:59 AM.

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    I'm 5'8 and have been riding my dad's Medium Jeffsy 27 with a 35mm stem and really like it. Not having a crazy long reach means i can throw the bike around a lot more...

mtbr member
    I've demoed the 2018 Jeffsy CF pro and 2019 Jeff CF pro. I'm 5'6".

For 2018, the medium was perfect.

For 2019, I prefer the small even though medium was suggested. Basically small is the 2018 medium with shorter seat tube.

I think if you stick to the wheelbase, reach, you're comfortable with, you should find the right size.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I'm 5'9" with 31" inseam and ride 2018 Medium CF 29. Fit's perfectly.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    I'm 5'11 with a 31.5 inch inseam.

Seems to be right on the edge of Medium-Large.

Suggestions?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I am 5’6” and this is my first 29er, going with a medium. Wondering if I should look at a smaller rise bar than the stock 30mm that comes on the CF Comp?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Did you get your bike?

Quote Originally Posted by FishMD View Post
    Anyone else out there with a 31” inseam get onto a large ok? Mainly wondering if the seat tube length plus the 150mm dropper will work ok or be too long for me. I know they decreased the seat tube length for the 2019, which is good.

Edit: After speaking with YT this morning they recommended the Medium. Said I could fit on the large, but that it would feel more sluggish on turning and such for sure except when going Mach 10 down the mountain. Lol. Couple of 5’8” guys in their offices there who apparently ride on Mediums as well, so it is a good reference point. Will let you all know how it works out once I get it.
    Did you get your bike? Size medium. We're the same height and I have the same question. Thanks,
    Daniel

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Coming off a medium Yeti SB66 old 26er, 5’9” with a 30” inseam and longer arms, should I be on a large Jeffsy CF comp 29er?

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Coopie View Post
    Coming off a medium Yeti SB66 old 26er, 5’9” with a 30” inseam and longer arms, should I be on a large Jeffsy CF comp 29er?
    I'm 5'-10.5" with my shoes on. Inseam is 33.5 with shoes. (5'-9.5" barefoot)
    The large carbon frame fits me great and I could lower the seat post 1 inch if i had to.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Thanks! I will call them before I place my order. Just to confirm.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    @dfrnt Hey there. Sorry, just saw this post. Yes, I did get the Medium. Seems to fit me really well. Have ridden it in pretty aggressive downhill courses and it was good for me. Could I have done a large, yeah, probably, but I love the maneuverability of this size and I don’t feel cramped or anything. Hope that helps.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    i'm looking at a 2020 jeffesey pro, with shoes I'm 31.5 inseam and 5'9, yt says large.
    i've always rode mediums.

any make the move from M to L on YT?

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by AZmuchacho View Post
    i'm looking at a 2020 jeffesey pro, with shoes I'm 31.5 inseam and 5'9, yt says large.

I’d stick with their size chart but give them a call and see what they say. I’m 6’1” and typically I ride a large and I just went with a XL and it fits nicely. I think a large would have been too cramped.

It’s definitely a tough decision but if your a large on their chart i’d go with that. The reach numbers dont seem as long in reality as what they list and the seat posts are all super low so thats a non factor.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Spoke to YT, the guy I spoke with said its a coin flip. He said most up to 5'9" go M.

tough call.

BTW, the YT guy was great, and answered a handful of ?'s from me.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by AZmuchacho View Post

I'm 5'9" w/ ~32in inseam. I've always been on medium bikes but my Jeffsy is a large. I am happy with my decision. My 2019 Jeffsy was stolen and I replaced it with a 2020 also in L. I'm riding with the seatpost raised about 2 inches and the fit feels right on. I'm sure a medium would work as well but your seatpost is gonna be pretty high so you might look like a dork? I did a bunch of reading forums and whatnot and concluded that the L would handle better when riding fast/steep/technical. The M might do better if you like to ride slower speeds, tight turns, ride manuals etc...that's my 2C.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    L has been ordered. Looking forward to it. Good feedback from all.

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    I am 184 cm (6'1" roughly) and 85 cm inseam. Between L and XL and lookinh at 27.5 CF Pro. Any ideas which size would be better?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dimiter.milushev View Post
    I am 184 cm (6'1" roughly) and 85 cm inseam. Between L and XL and lookinh at 27.5 CF Pro. Any ideas which size would be better?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    I’m 5’11”(almost 6’) with an 82cm inseam and ordered a Large. I am happy with it, but if I were taller I would definitely want to be on XL. I believe at 6’1” that would put you XL according to their sizing chart as well. That’s just my 2cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2020
    I'm looking to replace the RACE FACE BB92 30mm crank Bottom Bracket on my YT Jeffsy Al Comp 1 2016.

Apart from Race Face does anyone know of another brand that would fit?

Thanks
    Kevin