Should I switch to a Jeffsy?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2015

Should I switch to a Jeffsy?

Hey everyone!

Back in November I got a screaaming deal on a new Yeti Sb4.5c and after one demo ride thought it was the bike for me, but over time I've come to slightly rethink my decision. Don't get me wrong it's a sweet ride and I'd be happy to keep it but something tells me I'd like the jeffsy 29 a bit more for my riding (front range Colorado) with the extra bit of rear travel. Not to mention for the money off the used yeti I could get a much better spec!

So fellow users of the internet and ideally jeffsy owners/riders, I ask for your wise council in these indecisive times. What things do you love and hate about the Jeffsy? Should I try the Jeffsy 27? Or should I stay with the Yeti?

Thanks in advance,
    Eric

Formerly of Kent
    I have to ask: where on the Front Range are you regularly using all 114mm of rear wheel travel?

Bike park or something?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    [QUOTE=Le Duke;13487989]I have to ask: where on the Front Range are you regularly using all 114mm of rear wheel travel?

Bike park or something?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk[/Quote

I havenít got up to the bike park this year but i am expecting to, itís less so about using it all as it is about just comfort and squish level. But more important to me is the increase in spec

mtbr member
    Have not ridden the SB 4.5, but my friend rode one last year out in Crested Butte and he loved it, everywhere. I took my Banshee Phantom (105mm rear) and I loved it, did not want for more, have ridden on the Front Range and can't see wanting more for the avg trail out there, but then again I enjoy actually having to ride my bike and not just sit on a magic carpet ride and not do much work. I have swung a leg over a Jeffsy and I found it laborious feeling, only comes alive up at speed it would seem, but for slow stuff, was not fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.