Real close to pulling the trigger, Jeffsy 27 CF/ CF Pro, a few ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Real close to pulling the trigger, Jeffsy 27 CF/ CF Pro, a few ?

New to this site so TIA.
    Ive narrowed my next bike down to the Jeffsy 27 CF, might spring for the CF Pro but Iím cheap so probably not,lol.

Only other bike Iím really looking at is the Canyon Spectral 8.0 CF, and honestly if I could find one or know if they even had a remotely close timeframe for shipping I would buy it. Problem is they are hard to get and donít tell you any timeframe on availablity.

Im not riding again till next spring so itís not a huge deal, at the same time YT has some decent money off right now and is a lot of bike for the $$$.

So as dumb as as it sounds I really like the Storm Grey/ Black Magic color of the CF far better than the CF Pro scheme and by a long shot. I can also save a bit of cash and upgrade as I go so Iím leaning that way.

That said Iíve never had a 4 position dropper (like on the CF) all mine have always been infinitely adjustable. So Iím betting the 4 pos dropper on the CF is going to get chucked real quick. So thatís a waste of savings.

My current bike is a 15 Stumpjumper EVO, it bobs a lot when climbing (Iím sure part of its poor technique) and is a bit of a bottom out machine, both rear shock (no matter air pressure, volume spacers help but the ctd evo is known as a weak spot) , BB and pedal strikes.That said sheís a confidence building, point and shoot machine on downhill sections and drop offs.

Im ready to try a newer geometry, suspension and smaller more nimble sled.

So what say you???

1-Go Jeffsy CF

2-suck it up and get the Red Jeffsy CF Pro (you are a pro Firefighter so it fits), lol

3- wait for the possibility of the Canyon Spectral to idk maybe, possibly, show up at some point

Happy holidays Gents, Rye.
    99 SJ Pro FSR XC
    15 SJFSR Comp EVO 650b
    18 YT Jeffsy 27 CF

Former United States Marine.
    ďBoredom is self inflictedĒ

mtbr member
    Avoid Canyon at all costs.
    Lots of cracked chain stays on the new Spectral.
    They even had a recall.

Also black friday YT sales coming soon.
    Maybe you can get the Race for cheaper.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    The best time is the decision and waiting.
    So wait.

If not.
    Get the pro if it's jeffsy. I mean those net bikes are imo dirt cheap and you get loads for your money. No point in upgrading stuff on a pro model. It's good stuff all over.
    So if you want to save money. Get the expensive stuff day one.
    That also brings you to the downside.
    It's difficult to upgrade and use your time surfing for more or less meaningless upgrades because serious who upgrades an old xtr shifter for some xx12 stuff or high end alu wheels to carbon? Lol

Damn nice and good value bikes both looking at the paper from here.

And btw what is wrong with a 4 position dropper? I havnt tried it. Who knows. It might be much better than this kashima stuff we are running.

Why not biking now? Snow?

mtbr member
    Not biking now due to pedal strike on a leaf covered rock at 23.x mph per gps and OTB = broken clavicle. Old man and sudden stop donít mix. First broken bone and hopefully last.

I just donít think I can handle a red or white bike, may have to get over myself.
    As far as the 4 position, your right it may be fine but I just donít get it and have never had it. So Iím skeptical.

I have read about the chainstay on the Spectral, definitely donít want to crash again at high speed so good looking out.

Thanks gents for the replyís
    99 SJ Pro FSR XC
    15 SJFSR Comp EVO 650b
    18 YT Jeffsy 27 CF

mtbr member
    Man, I wish you a fast recovery.
    A few weeks ago I got a pedal strike from over shoting a big jump.
    My pedal smashed right through my plastic protector and left a bloody mark on my leg.
    I don't want even think of what would have happend without the protector.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeThomas View Post
    Not biking now due to pedal strike on a leaf covered rock at 23.x mph per gps and OTB = broken clavicle. Old man and sudden stop donít mix. First broken bone and hopefully last.
    I just donít think I can handle a red or white bike, may have to get over myself.
    As far as the 4 position, your right it may be fine but I just donít get it and have never had it. So Iím skeptical.

I have read about the chainstay on the Spectral, definitely donít want to crash again at high speed so good looking out.

Thanks gents for the replyís
    Argh. Sorry to hear that. I fear that. Safety first.
    Now I understand why you are looking for new bike

Yeaa the color. Didn't mention it. If you dont like the color at all don't buy it. No way imo. There is a chance you will not fall in love because of the looks. I wouldn't take the risk.

Regarding safety. I bought a genius 700 tuned because long wheelbase and very short stem and very slack hta hopefully minimizes risk of otb. That and because I needed the shifter for the suspension Scott have, to go from 150 to 100 to full lockout rear. But it's damn expensive bike for the hardware you get vs e.g. canyon or jeffsy.

Fell on the road today trying to do wheelie on my ht and I felt this old man sudden stop don't mix problem. Man. All went good but I got the feeling I am not 25 any more.

Not being able to go mtb would kill my mood.

So keep up the spirit and thanx for your nice post.

mtbr member
    Thanks fellas. In a crazy the world is a small place a buddy I know just ordered a Jeffsy pro race on Tuesday. If Iím patient and smart (which Iím neither) I can wait a bit and go check his out when it comes in. Itís a lot of money to spend sight unseen, then I will know for sure. The sales are getting pretty silly right now though, ugh what to do, what to do.
    99 SJ Pro FSR XC
    15 SJFSR Comp EVO 650b
    18 YT Jeffsy 27 CF

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    i m bias but just buy the cf pro great bike (i own one) the cf pro race has 160 travel front and rear. previous bike was scott genius 730 great bike but upgraded the hell out of it only the frame was original en rear shock. this bike you dont have to upgrade just personalize it with the small stuff. i keep the fork open and just switch the shock to open or close or firm. good luck with you choice.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    In the same camp as you.

Debating between a Jeffsy CF Pro and CF. I prefer the gray color of the CF, seems,like the suspension is a wash with the pike maybe having and edge with 35mm stanchions over the 34.

Additionally, feel like could take the $500 difference and swap out the parts I care about more. Leaning heavy towards the Non-Pro CF

mtbr member
    Well I slept on it yet again and couldnít pass up the savings. After countless hours of research and looking around I just couldnít find a bike with the same build spec/ reviews at the retail price, much less getting $700 off.

Ordered the Jeffsy CF in the storm grey/black. XL frame

All I plan on right now is a set of Maxxis front and rear as Iíve read the wheels are tubless ready but not the tires and Iíve had great luck with Maxxis anyway.

Thanks Gents, have a great rest of the holiday weekend.
    99 SJ Pro FSR XC
    15 SJFSR Comp EVO 650b
    18 YT Jeffsy 27 CF

mtbr member
    Just went to the ethirteen site and it seems for 2018 they revised the trs tires and they are tubless ready, so I guess Iíll hold off and see what shows up.

ďWhatís in the box, whatís in the boxĒ!? A little seven reference anyone, lol.
    99 SJ Pro FSR XC
    15 SJFSR Comp EVO 650b
    18 YT Jeffsy 27 CF

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Good choice, you won't regret it. Every review of the e13 tires I've read has said they're really good, just a bit heavy. And nothing wrong with a 4 position dropper, my "infinitely adjustable" may as well be a 2 position, up or down, lol.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Does anyone know how easy/hard to swap the pike on the cf to 160mm travel?

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    E13 are great not abnormally heavy. Extremely slow rolling. I put Dhf/Agg combo on 2.5 WT. Rolling speed greatly increased. I recently broke my clavicle in Knoxville at Urban wilderness. Kinda wish I had my E13 tire on front when it happened. Front washed on soft clay. Doubt turnout would of been much different, keep replaying it lol.

mtbr member
    Just went to the ethirteen site and it seems for 2018 they revised the trs tires and they are tubless ready, so I guess Iíll hold off and see what shows up.

ďWhatís in the box, whatís in the boxĒ!? A little seven reference anyone, lol.
    The e13 tires are tubeless ready. It's just that YT ships them with tubes pre-assembled. The rims on my 27CF had tubeless tape pre-installed, so I just had to pull out the tubes, install tubeless valves and add some Stan's goop. BTW, the e13 tires are very very good, as long as you don't care about rolling resistance. Also, they probably have some of the most durable side walls for tires in that weight class (at a little under 1kg) and allow you to run low pressures.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlate79 View Post
    E13 are great not abnormally heavy. Extremely slow rolling.
    Thanks for the correction, I was just going by memory and got it mixed up. Either too old or too many crashes, I forget.

mtbr member
    Ordered some tubless stems and some Stanís last night, thanks guys.
    99 SJ Pro FSR XC
    15 SJFSR Comp EVO 650b
    18 YT Jeffsy 27 CF

mtbr member
    Iím really hoping this bike climbs a bit better and has less pedal bob than my Evo. I never found a good balance with the evolution CTD shock, no matter what sag, pressure I ran, spacers or not. I am also looking forward to the slight rise in BB height, any little bit is a win.
    99 SJ Pro FSR XC
    15 SJFSR Comp EVO 650b
    18 YT Jeffsy 27 CF

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    From the comparison plots I've seen the Jeffsy rear suspension kinematics are very similar to the Stumpjumper. So if you are after a bike that feels significantly different from your current bike you might consider a different suspension design...

mtbr member
    Well after looking at the geometry numbers I agree they are similar but have some subtle differences, then add the fork and mainly rear shock should be a big upgrade over the Evolution CTD, Iím hoping for a pretty different ride and feel.
    We shall see.
    Itís funny some bikes geo numbers are pretty far apart, while the not well received SJ Evo 650 seems to have similar numbers as a lot of the newer more liked bikes, haha. I like that the Jeffsy has a higher BB in both settings, and it will give me a chance to try CF.
    I like the EVO so if itís pretty similar I wonít be mad.
    99 SJ Pro FSR XC
    15 SJFSR Comp EVO 650b
    18 YT Jeffsy 27 CF

mtbr member
    Real close to pulling the trigger, Jeffsy 27 CF/ CF Pro, a few ?-9ec39b0b-cbe0-438b-a2b1-daabb95cd114.jpg

Got her assembled with one arm, added a front and rear fender and some Frame pro.

I had more pictures but they arenít cooperating. Should be good to ride again in 8 more long weeks, ugh.
    Iím going to wait to change my tires over and Go tubless till about a week before I ride.
    99 SJ Pro FSR XC
    15 SJFSR Comp EVO 650b
    18 YT Jeffsy 27 CF

mtbr member
    Real close to pulling the trigger, Jeffsy 27 CF/ CF Pro, a few ?-372b0b03-607f-40c5-8394-69bf6c295bfb.jpg

Little better view.

My only issue now (and I read about it before I purchased) is the dropper is slammed yet my saddle height is at 37Ē, drop it one and Iím at 35-1/2Ē.

I normally ride at 36-1/2Ē saddle height. 1/2Ē doesnít seem like much but I ride with clippless and pretty stiff bottom shoes so Iím not sure itís going to work. Iím kind of in no mans land in between.

Iím 6í-2Ē but my inseam is only 33- 1/2Ē.
    99 SJ Pro FSR XC
    15 SJFSR Comp EVO 650b
    18 YT Jeffsy 27 CF

mtbr member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	372B0B03-607F-40C5-8394-69BF6C295BFB.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	442.5 KB 
ID:	1228596

Little better view.

My only issue now (and I read about it before I purchased) is the dropper is slammed yet my saddle height is at 37Ē, drop it one and Iím at 35-1/2Ē.

I normally ride at 36-1/2Ē saddle height. 1/2Ē doesnít seem like much but I ride with clippless and pretty stiff bottom shoes so Iím not sure itís going to work. Iím kind of in no mans land in between.

Iím 6í-2Ē but my inseam is only 33- 1/2Ē.
    Great looking bike! Congrats. I had the same issue with the dropper on my Large Jeffsy AL, almost verbatim. The top out was too tall for trail riding and I rode on the next notch down, then it dropped completely out of sight, then came up too high when I returned it, constantly messing with it. Sucked. It's stupid they ship a 150mm dropper with that bike. Anyone tall enough to ride that seat height would be on an XL. I just installed a BikeYoke 125mm dropper. It's lightyears better...in size, function and quality.

mtbr member
    Thank you Sir.

If I have to get another dropper I have two options in mind. Iím going to try to ride the stocker and see how it goes for a few rides.

1-I have a complete Xfushion Hilo sitting that needs a rebuild but itís a 30.9mm and I have read some donít like seat post shims/spacers with carbon fiber frames.

2- If I decided to buy a new one it would be a OneUp. It just makes perfect sense to have a dropper I can set the saddle height at whatever I want and run it.
    99 SJ Pro FSR XC
    15 SJFSR Comp EVO 650b
    18 YT Jeffsy 27 CF