Questions about YT in general- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2015

Questions about YT in general

I am interested to get a jeffsy and while I am so tempted to get ASAP because of the super tempting proces, i cant stop worrying about how their after sales services are? Anyone who have had warranty claim already and how did they treat you?

also, how are your bearings/pivots holding up so far?

Ride in heat
    May 2012
    They proved to be pretty much helpful in my case with minor questions, and it works as long as you're Ok with servicing your own bike and don't afraid to seek for solutions online. They are great in big cases, like cracked frame. Everything else, which involves fine tuning, grey areas such as BB has tolerances, cassette has 8-shape movement etc. - you're pretty much on your own. Just need to remember, that they are direct sale business, and as such, they are unable to provide LBS level service after the sale.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    YT in the US has been fantastic. I purchased a Capra from them a couple months ago and have been nothing but super pleased with the service I've received from their service department. I've asked a million questions of them regarding everything from torque values to how to remedy a creaky headset and they've always responded promptly with helpful information. I would recommend that anyone with decent mechanical skills and some general bike know-how feel confident in ordering from them. Like I've said, I've had nothing but a great experience with them.

As far as the quality of the bike it's on par and even better in some respects with any other bike I've owned (and I've owned A LOT!) The bike was shipped in a specific box and came with a checklist as to what was checked. As a former shop guy, I check EVERY bolt on a new bike and make sure it's all torqued to spec--even if someone qualified has already built it. I'm just picky like that. Anyway, the bike was perfect. Every bold was torqued to spec and all I had to do was put the wheels on, install the bars, and make any minor adjustments for my personal fit to the bike.

Riding wise everything as been terrific. I'm stoked overtime I get on it and am amazed at how capable a machine it is.

I hope that all helped and if you have decided to go ahead and get one, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Pike14 View Post
    YT in the US has been fantastic. I purchased a Capra from them a couple months ago and have been nothing but super pleased with the service I've received from their service department. I've asked a million questions of them regarding everything from torque values to how to remedy a creaky headset and they've always responded promptly with helpful information. I would recommend that anyone with decent mechanical skills and some general bike know-how feel confident in ordering from them. Like I've said, I've had nothing but a great experience with them.

As far as the quality of the bike it's on par and even better in some respects with any other bike I've owned (and I've owned A LOT!) The bike was shipped in a specific box and came with a checklist as to what was checked. As a former shop guy, I check EVERY bolt on a new bike and make sure it's all torqued to spec--even if someone qualified has already built it. I'm just picky like that. Anyway, the bike was perfect. Every bold was torqued to spec and all I had to do was put the wheels on, install the bars, and make any minor adjustments for my personal fit to the bike.

Riding wise everything as been terrific. I'm stoked overtime I get on it and am amazed at how capable a machine it is.

I hope that all helped and if you have decided to go ahead and get one, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
    I second this statement. Pre and Post purchase communication with YT USA far exceeded my expectations.