Post your YT

Printable View

• 05-04-2016
    Joules
    1 Attachment(s)
    Post your YT
    Since every other manufacturer forum has a thread like this...

I'll start with my Tues:
    Attachment 1068099
  • 05-04-2016
    Ati007
    2 Attachment(s)
  • 05-07-2016
    2w4s
    2 Attachment(s)
    My YT's. I've had the Capra since March 2015 but just got the Tues a couple weeks ago and only have one ride on it.

Attachment 1068707
    Attachment 1068708
  • 05-10-2016
    Swissam
    1 Attachment(s)
    My backyard.

Attachment 1069353
  • 06-08-2016
    toomanyhobbies
    1 Attachment(s)
  • 07-16-2016
    benno76
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here's my Jeffsy AL Comp 1

Attachment 1082408
  • 07-19-2016
    Auzyman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by benno76 View Post
    Here's my Jeffsy AL Comp 1

Attachment 1082408

Noice! Thinking of nabbing one, how do you like it?
  • 08-05-2016
    omiTimo
    2 Attachment(s)
    Just lovin' my Jeffsy :thumbsup: It's the AL comp2, only upgrade: I made the tyres tubeless today. Pretty easy with the Onza's and Joe's. Will be doing a 50km ride tomorrow to see what difference it makes.

Attachment 1086285Attachment 1086286
  • 08-06-2016
    Abagrizzli
    Here's clean Jeffsy (a second after assembling)

click image upload

Here's dirty Jeffsy )))))))))))))

adult image upload

No changes at all, except redoing the fork and the shock for better responsiveness and plushness.

LOVE THIS BIKE!!!
  • 08-07-2016
    sdimit
    1 Attachment(s)
    Another AL Comp 1 plow machine here:thumbsup:
    Attachment 1086606
    just need to convert to tubeless asap cause i hate the thin walled maxxis tubes that come installed:mad:
  • 08-07-2016
    Abagrizzli
    Don't forget you need a tubeless tape to do it.
  • 08-09-2016
    benno76
    Love it, so much fun
  • 08-09-2016
    benno76
    Quote:

Originally Posted by omiTimo View Post
    Just lovin' my Jeffsy :thumbsup: It's the AL comp2, only upgrade: I made the tyres tubeless today. Pretty easy with the Onza's and Joe's. Will be doing a 50km ride tomorrow to see what difference it makes.

Attachment 1086285Attachment 1086286

Hi Timo,
    I'm thinking about going tubeless as well. How are you finding it?

I haven't popped the tyres off to check yet but from what I read it sounds like the rims come installed with tubeless tape, did you just buy some vales and sealant to complete the setup?
    Ben
  • 08-12-2016
    crisillo
    Here's my Tues

• 08-31-2016
    crisillo
    Here's my Jeffsy

• 12-20-2016
    QuenteK25
    1 Attachment(s)
    My YT Capra AL Comp 1 before it got dirty...

Attachment 1111417
  • 01-20-2017
    Tabs24
    YT Capra CF 2016
    Can I join in
    Here's my 4 month old Capra CF
    Fastest bike I've ever owned

Top of the Malvern Hills, UK
  • 02-13-2017
    IDkid
    1 Attachment(s)
    My 2016 Capra AL. :thumbsup:
  • 02-26-2017
    Rhinodriver
    1 Attachment(s)
    2016 Capra CF
    My Capra upgraded with carbon Race Face bars and Carbon Light Bicycle wheels. Awesome machine!

Attachment 1123788
  • 02-27-2017
    bear99
    Quote:

Originally Posted by benno76 View Post
    Hi Timo,
    I'm thinking about going tubeless as well. How are you finding it?

I haven't popped the tyres off to check yet but from what I read it sounds like the rims come installed with tubeless tape, did you just buy some vales and sealant to complete the setup?
    Ben

Seconding this question!
  • 02-27-2017
    crisillo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bear99 View Post
    Seconding this question!

I just taped the rims, installed some valves I had, added sealant and good to go!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 04-17-2017
    R3D2
  • 05-01-2017
    schnee

2016 CF1. Pedals, saddle, grips, ass saver fender, but otherwise stock.
  • 05-02-2017
    crisillo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by schnee View Post

2016 CF1. Pedals, saddle, grips, ass saver fender, but otherwise stock.

Looks great, schnee! :)
  • 05-13-2017
    aperral
    1 Attachment(s)
    Bike of the day! 5/13/2017 :)
  • 05-17-2017
    RavinJM
    1 Attachment(s)
    Nice looking bike Aperral!
    Heres mine:
    Attachment 1137578
  • 05-17-2017
    gerryl
    Did you get your jeffsy this year? What size? Happy with it?

I have an AL2 xl 29 jeffsy but ETA is beginning of August. Guess my 111 process will have to make due! Every other mid travel 29er I have looked at is north of $3-4k. Crazy deal.....YT.

Thanks. Gerry.
  • 05-17-2017
    RavinJM
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gerryl View Post
    Did you get your jeffsy this year? What size? Happy with it?

I have an AL2 xl 29 jeffsy but ETA is beginning of August. Guess my 111 process will have to make due! Every other mid travel 29er I have looked at is north of $3-4k. Crazy deal.....YT.

Thanks. Gerry.

I received my medium Jeffsy Al 1 a week ago as part to the April ETA group.
    Loving it so far!
  • 06-22-2017
    blindstuff
    Just got my Jeffsy 27 in last week, absolutely loving this bike!

Unboxing and assembly if you're into that kinda video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVLESXBNhRE
  • 06-26-2017
    inonjoey
    Here's my Jeffsy 29 CF Pro Race. Swapped out the Reverb for a 9point8 Fall Line and the 32t for a 30t (in orange, of course).

• 06-27-2017
    Sushi1976

This is my Jeffsy CF One 29 in Size Large

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
  • 06-28-2017
    Ati007
    5 Attachment(s)
    My new Jeffsy 29 Cf Comp 2 rawrblack
  • 07-28-2017
    bbeltramo
    Currently deployed, and wondering if my 2015 Capra AL2 misses me as much as i miss it. So I figured I would post up a few pictures. This thread needs more action photos!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
  • 07-28-2017
    crisillo
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bbeltramo View Post
    ... This thread needs more action photos!...

Agreed! Here's one of me on my Tues

Attachment 1148871
  • 07-28-2017
    bbeltramo
    :thumbsup::thumbsup: awesome!!!
  • 07-31-2017
    ibismojo09
    1 Attachment(s)
    My new bike. Been loving it so far.
  • 11-07-2017
    pdorn
    1 Attachment(s)
    Just got my Jeffsy CF 29 built up last night. Can't wait to get it out on the trail this weekend and get it dialed in.

Attachment 1166298
  • 11-09-2017
    efx888
    My Capra AL Comp 1 showing off at sunset

• 12-08-2017
    Junersun

My single speed DVO'ed out Tues. dt Swiss wheelset.

• 01-16-2018
    BrettG
    1 Attachment(s)
    2018 Jeffsy cf pro race

Assembled yesterday. Getting the first ride in later today!
  • 01-19-2018
    matadorCE
    1 Attachment(s)
    Took delivery of my '17 Jeffsy 29 AL Two yesterday, and couldn't wait to put it together. I changed up some things like the saddle, grips, stem and bars, and added a front fender from parts I already had. Haven't had a change to ride it but I'm thoroughly impressed so far with the looks, components, and build quality.
  • 01-23-2018
    GoldFly
    1 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 1179533

2018 Jeffsy AL. Absolutely no regrets not choosing a higher spec'd one.
    I've had lots of expensive bikes and this is not only an incredible bike for the money, it's just an incredible bike. Got custom fork decals coming soon to match the bike's colors.

The ethirteen dropper is absolute dynamite. I'm so incredibly pleased with it compared to my Specialized Command post or RS Reverb. The Reverb would never go down, and the Command post either wouldn't come up or would shoot you 10 feet in the air, nothing in between. The ethirteen dropper is super easy to compress and comes up at just the right speed; no fussing with air pressure or bleeding it.
  • 01-23-2018
    matadorCE
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldFly View Post
    Attachment 1179533

2018 Jeffsy AL. Absolutely not regrets not choosing a higher spec'd one.
    I've had lots of expensive bikes and this is not only an incredible bike for the money, it's just an incredible bike. Got custom fork decals coming soon to match the bike's colors.

The ethirteen dropper is absolute dynamite. I'm so incredibly pleased with it compared to my Specialized Command post or RS Reverb. The Reverb would never go down, and the Command post either wouldn't come up or would shoot you 10 feet in the air, nothing in between. The ethirteen dropper is super easy to compress and comes up at just the right speed; no fussing with air pressure or bleeding it.

Looks awesome! I wrested back and forth for a while between the '17 and '18 but chose the '17 to same a little coin to upgrade some parts on it. You're absolute right that even the 'lower' models come very well spec'ed and it's a hell of a lot of bike for the money.
  • 01-26-2018
    Scott Eizenga
    1 Attachment(s)
    Post your YT:
    Inaugural ride yesterday. You can see my grin from the International Space Station.
    Attachment 1179899
  • 01-29-2018
    OneTrustMan
    1 Attachment(s)
    My Jeffsy 27 CF Pro 2017
    Have it since summer last year.
    I love it, but will make some changes this year on the components.
    Attachment 1180375
  • 02-04-2018
    DeeGee68
    1 Attachment(s)
    Still working on minor tweaks but I am loving it.

Attachment 1181311
  • 02-05-2018
    Doedrums
    1 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 1181516

This just arrived today. I hope to get in a test ride tomorrow.
  • 02-14-2018
    zimm
    Got my '18 Jeffsy AL 29 today. Compared to my 26" Cannondale, it feels like part monster truck (due to the wheels) and part Chopper (due to the slack head angle).

Glad I got the medium frame. I have the dropper post all the way down and I'm maxed out on leg length.

I got the sag all set and hopefully take it to the trails tomorrow.

• 02-14-2018
    ryan_daugherty
    How do you like the red color? I normally don't like red but I'm worried the white would get dirt under the clear coat from rock chips etc and never come over. This happened with my old white/black wildcard. The red does seem to be going on me. it's very clean. Do you think the red is pretty representative of what you can see on their site on a quality monitor? If you're keen to do so, i'd love to see more pics.
  • 02-20-2018
    ryan_daugherty
    2 Attachment(s)
    FedEx dropped my Jeffsy 27 Pro today. Ordered last Wednesday, received a shipping notification on Friday and it showed up 6 days later. Probably helps I'm only 1 state north.

I was impressed at the packing, super easy to get everything out of the box and I'll definitely be saving the cardboard if I ever have to ship this or another bike.

I'm very familiar at building bikes so the process was exceedingly simple. The tools they provided were pretty good in terms of quality but ultimately I used my PRO torque wrench and other Park tools tools. I read through the instructions to see if there were any surprises but it was all pretty standard stuff. If anyone on here is considering a YT but hasn't bought D2C before then here are the basic steps for the YT.

1. Unpack
    2. Put on bars
    3. put on derailleur
    4. Put on wheels (comes tubed, see below)
    5. Set up suspension
    6. Adjust cockpit/saddle height

I ran through the gears in case anything needed adjusting but it didn't, shifts super well.

UPDATE: e13 tubeless valves were included but they fell out of the pack when I was organizing and did not seem them. I was surprised to see it came with tubes after I had read a few reports that the bikes came tubeless and I didn't see anything on YT's site saying if it did or didn't. I had extra valves and plenty of fluid so I just pulled out the tubes and set it up without, the rims came taped. The e13 tires seated at around 20psi. I used a compressor but they could be done with a floor pump. Plan to grab anything you need to go tubeless before it shows up just in case yours has tubes in it too.

Next I checked the air in the fork and shock, The fork was set around 60psi and the shock was around 150psi. The rear end felt really firm with the shock in the open setting at 150psi so I figured the negative air chamber wasn't equalized. I opted to pull all the air out and set it up from scratch which solved the firm feeling. The fork felt fine but I needed to add air to get the desired sag.

I put on some Raceface crank boots on and then my HT T1 pedals (chromo spindle). The weight with the boots and pedals ended up at 28.8lbs for a size large. The site says 27.8lbs but I'm sure that's without pedals and a smaller size so I was surprised to see only a pound over their claimed weight, especially since the HT's aren't a very light pedal.

I took it out for a short spin to give everything a rundown and no problems to report.

My other bike is a 2013 Banshee Rune. It's set up with a Pike, X2, Saint brakes, XX1 and Maxxis DHF F&R. It is 34lbs without a tube and C02 strapped to the frame. I plan to keep that bike and use the Jeffsy for longer trail rides and back country trips. This is the main reason I went with the Pro model rather than the Pro Race model.

Attachment 1183919Attachment 1183920
  • 02-20-2018
    Doedrums
    Nice. Enjoy it.
  • 02-21-2018
    BrettG
    Nice write up, Ryan. FWIW, I have very limited mechanic skills and no bike-building experience and I also found it quite easy putting my Jeffsy together.

Also FWIW, the wheels on my CF Pro Race came tubed, but the wheel was taped and the tubeless stems were also included separately. Super easy conversion and those E13 stems are awesome.
  • 02-21-2018
    ryan_daugherty
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BrettG View Post
    Also FWIW, the wheels on my CF Pro Race came tubed, but the wheel was taped and the tubeless stems were also included separately. Super easy conversion and those E13 stems are awesome.

Turns out I got the valves as well! I found the pack under my work bench, must have fallen out when I inventoried the manuals. Sweet!
  • 02-21-2018
    GoldFly

Almost done building it up how I want. Bummer I didn't line up the front decal before going tubeless.
  • 02-22-2018
    afp3
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan_daugherty View Post
    Turns out I got the valves as well! I found the pack under my work bench, must have fallen out when I inventoried the manuals. Sweet!

Hey Ryan, were the valves in the box that the tools came in? I just got a Capra CF and I had the same experience with the E13 rims, they came taped and had tubes in them but I didn't see any valves at all. I checked several times and found it weird that with everything the bike came with, it didn't have valves?
  • 02-24-2018
    ryan_daugherty
    Yup they were, in the bag with all the manuals.
  • 10-23-2018
    MBreezy
    I want to get the Jeffsy! But unsure of the size I should get. I'm 5'9" with 30" inseam. Just don't want to feel squashed in the cockpit!

How tall are you?
  • 10-23-2018
    zimm
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MBreezy View Post
    I want to get the Jeffsy! But unsure of the size I should get. I'm 5'9" with 30" inseam. Just don't want to feel squashed in the cockpit!

How tall are you?

There's a huge thread on Jeffsy sizing. You want a large. I'm 5' 9.5" with a 30" inseam. I called YT, they said get a medium so the seat post would fit me. It didn't. So I had to swap in a shorter dropper and now I have a cramped cockpit. Go large and plan on swapping the seat post.