The official YT IZZO thread - Page 7- Mtbr.com
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 1,201 to 1,237 of 1237
    mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by atvkilla View Post
    I got my shipping # yesterday too. You may want to check with them.
    Contacted YT yesterday, got back to me today. Apparently my bike is in a special container at the LA port. Because it still hasn't been released. Now maybe next week.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Are there any riders on their Izzo's around the 130 pound weight range out there?
    Do you light weight riders manage to use all the rear travel?

Cheers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDE34 View Post
    I just ordered a spare hanger from the YT-USA site and it was in stock. Expensive little sucker.
    Iíve tried to do it and I canít. In Europe site it has been out of stock for weeks.

Iíve emailed YT, but they donít reply...

What does happen if I damage my mech hanger? Not good, YT...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g=9.764m/s2
    Quote Originally Posted by tols View Post
    Iíve tried to do it and I canít. In Europe site it has been out of stock for weeks.

Iíve emailed YT, but they donít reply...

What does happen if I damage my mech hanger? Not good, YT...
    Get an alignment tool for 60 and tune all your bikes and you chapís bikes...d;o)

g=9.764m/s2
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy73 View Post
    Are there any riders on their Izzo's around the 130 pound weight range out there?
    Do you light weight riders manage to use all the rear travel?

Cheers
    Iíll give it a try... I had a Ď18 Jeffsy Al with a base DPS... it was horrible and fought against the decent Rhythm fork with 150 psi as specíd for 150lb. I replaced with a McLeod, ran at 120psi and loved it.

So far I LOVE the Performance Elite at 150 psi. I have used 2/3 travel without any launching. Iíd say, lighten the pressure and give it your best jump/drop. But overall, if it feels great in most terrain and give decent mid-stroke support, ur good to go!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingbaby
    The Izzo is more of a party asking you to go faster downhill.

mtbr member
    Nov 2020
    I've read all through this thread. Been anxiously awaiting my Izzo Pro XXL. Ordered early October and the date has just been continuously pushed out.. very frustrating.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Undescended View Post
    Iíll give it a try... I had a Ď18 Jeffsy Al with a base DPS... it was horrible and fought against the decent Rhythm fork with 150 psi as specíd for 150lb. I replaced with a McLeod, ran at 120psi and loved it.

So far I LOVE the Performance Elite at 150 psi. I have used 2/3 travel without any launching. Iíd say, lighten the pressure and give it your best jump/drop. But overall, if it feels great in most terrain and give decent mid-stroke support, ur good to go!!
    Curious what it takes to bottom out the fork and shock on the bike. I have a Pro model too with the spacers installed from the factory. I've done some drops maybe 3-4 feet down, small jumps (I'm not really the type of person that will risk taking it to the air), it seems like the travel always stops around 90-95%. It doesn't really bother me that I haven't bottomed out yet since the ride is still really nice with the suspension feeling great in rough descents. I generally run 27% sag in the back (I'm 200lbs so it helps having a little extra firmness while standing and pedaling) and right around 27-30% in the front too. Just wondering how hard I would have to land to actually get past the volume spacers.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TallAndStuff View Post
    I've read all through this thread. Been anxiously awaiting my Izzo Pro XXL. Ordered early October and the date has just been continuously pushed out.. very frustrating.
    That sucks. I will say, I have been on an XXL Fuel Ex and an XL Ripmo AF, and my XXL Izzo rules. I absolutely dig riding this bike.

For consideration - think about the comp model. The bars and dropper on the XXL are too small and you are throwing money away there, plus you may want a 50mm stem...The wheels are great, but I find that good carbon wheels can be had at a decent price (hunt, e13, or others), but not quite as light. Drivetrains are overrated....That really only leaves you with the rhythm fork, which I found on past bikes to be brilliantly simple, effective, and reliable...Or just get a new fork and you will be able to have proper steerer length...I plan one more tweek and then will post up a bike check.

We all approach things differently... I am sure you will dig it. I was goign to wait for the 2021, but a comp popped up with only a week wait (9/23 delivery), so I grabbed it. Great decision. Now have 350 miles on it so totally worth going for the 2020 ride time and enjoyment.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blue92lx View Post
    Curious what it takes to bottom out the fork and shock on the bike. I have a Pro model too with the spacers installed from the factory. I've done some drops maybe 3-4 feet down, small jumps (I'm not really the type of person that will risk taking it to the air), it seems like the travel always stops around 90-95%. It doesn't really bother me that I haven't bottomed out yet since the ride is still really nice with the suspension feeling great in rough descents. I generally run 27% sag in the back (I'm 200lbs so it helps having a little extra firmness while standing and pedaling) and right around 27-30% in the front too. Just wondering how hard I would have to land to actually get past the volume spacers.
    I'm right around 200lbs and run the shock at 28% sag. I use ~95% of the travel on most rides. I'm good with that as I have a little left for rider error/miscalculation. Anyway, I tried it with no volume spacer and it was too soft and I reached the end of travel easily. I put the stock spacer back in.

Also, full travel wasn't what I initially thought it was. When I aired the shock all the way down and compressed the bike until it bottomed out I was surprised that the o-ring was still a couple mm below the black text printed on the kashima the end of the stroke.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017

So since I'm still waiting I rode this!

Since I'm still waiting on my Izzo I pulled my old GT down cleaned it up and threw some left over tires we had on it and went riding! I bought this new in 1997 and it was my only ride until 2018! I had ridden many 27.5/29ers over the years but none of them felt as good as this bike. As parts were getting hard to find and finally giving in to the thought of the new technology has to be better, I bought a 2018 27.5 Camber during the winter of 17/18. I have been disappointed ever since. It has always felt heavy and slow. The rear suspension always seemed too stiff or wallowing, the forks are just harsh. At first I thought it was because we weren't riding as much and I just wasn't in riding shape. This year because of Covid all we did was ride 2-4 times a week at least. The Camber still feels heavy and slow and the suspension still feels horrible, which is the reason for ordering the Izzo. Riding my old GT was awesome. The brakes were terrible, both rims are shot. But everything else confirmed my memories of riding this bike. It was so much lighter and faster than the Camber, almost felt like a BMX bike by comparison. Even the suspension was WAY better, only 80 mm of travel but so plush and progressive. Granted the trail we rode is mostly slower single track but very rooty, with some long climbs but until my Izzo shows up the Camber will be sitting. I sure hope the Izzo is better than a 20 year old LTS!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The official YT IZZO thread-gt.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by JCKID58 View Post

Since I'm still waiting on my Izzo I pulled my old GT down cleaned it up and threw some left over tires we had on it and went riding! I bought this new in 1997 and it was my only ride until 2018! I had ridden many 27.5/29ers over the years but none of them felt as good as this bike. As parts were getting hard to find and finally giving in to the thought of the new technology has to be better, I bought a 2018 27.5 Camber during the winter of 17/18. I have been disappointed ever since. It has always felt heavy and slow. The rear suspension always seemed too stiff or wallowing, the forks are just harsh. At first I thought it was because we weren't riding as much and I just wasn't in riding shape. This year because of Covid all we did was ride 2-4 times a week at least. The Camber still feels heavy and slow and the suspension still feels horrible, which is the reason for ordering the Izzo. Riding my old GT was awesome. The brakes were terrible, both rims are shot. But everything else confirmed my memories of riding this bike. It was so much lighter and faster than the Camber, almost felt like a BMX bike by comparison. Even the suspension was WAY better, only 80 mm of travel but so plush and progressive. Granted the trail we rode is mostly slower single track but very rooty, with some long climbs but until my Izzo shows up the Camber will be sitting. I sure hope the Izzo is better than a 20 year old LTS!!
    That rear suspension is crazy looking. Also pretty crazy that a 23 year old bike is better than your newer bike. I can't imagine the izzo will disappoint though, I've loved it since the first ride!

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by sptimmy43 View Post
    I'm right around 200lbs and run the shock at 28% sag. I use ~95% of the travel on most rides. I'm good with that as I have a little left for rider error/miscalculation. Anyway, I tried it with no volume spacer and it was too soft and I reached the end of travel easily. I put the stock spacer back in.

Also, full travel wasn't what I initially thought it was. When I aired the shock all the way down and compressed the bike until it bottomed out I was surprised that the o-ring was still a couple mm below the black text printed on the kashima the end of the stroke.
    Interesting on the full travel. I did deflate the shock one time when I got the bike while trying to get the factory lockout to work, but didn't pay attention at the time to the full travel mark.

I'm with you though, I don't mind having a little left in the tank. I know most people say to use full travel in a semi regular basis on a correct setup, but I'm not far off.

mtbr member
    Super stoked on this bike! Ordered on a Monday and it arrived on Friday. Coming off a 2015 Nomad to this is quite different, but man this thing is a trail weapon for sure! Immediately changed out the tires, seat and shortened the cables (not pictured). One thing I noticed is the rear shock lock out is reversed, I have to twist to lock out and the button unlocks.....my buddys bike is the reverse. Id like to have it twist to unlock...anyone know if this can be changed?

The official YT IZZO thread-izzo.jpg

Demon Cleaner
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha43 View Post
    I have to twist to lockout and the button unlocks.....my buddys bike is the reverse. Id like to have it twist to unlock...anyone know if this can be changed?
    The early bikes came as twist to unlock, push button to lock. However, that created problems if the system failed since it defaulted to locked. The bike rides great unlocked but one doesn't want it to be locked out except on purpose Thus, YT made a switch to twist to unlock. You can contact them about switching or you might be able to trade with someone that has the old system.

I have twist to unlock on my bike still and am completely happy with it that way but I think I'm in the minority.
    Bicycling is politics by other means.

mtbr member
    Yeah, probably just get used to it the way it is. I did further research and see that it was a problem not too long ago....Seems to make sense why they changed it. It would suck to be charging a DH section and have it fail and lock immediately.

g=9.764m/s2
    Bottomed out the fork on my Pro today on a 3 ft drop, time for more volume spacers

Ah, just read up on the 22 clicks of Open Mode Adjustment!!! Iíll dial that up firmer and go from there

mtbr member
    Nov 2020
    I just received my black pro L on Monday 11/23 (ordered in September). 2021 fork & shock PTL. The bike looks amazing and for the most part everything was spot on (both brake rotors bent and lock out/dropper cable needed some adjustment). I love the look of the seat but my ass hated it so replaced with a wtb volt off a different bike. 760mm bars felt kind of weird to me but they also inspire a lot more confidence squeezing through trees vs my prior 780. The stock forekasters seem good enough so far for what I ride. I'm 5'11" 160lb and the L I think is good maybe a tiny bit small but I feel like I made the right choice over an XL. I'm coming off a kona big honzo dl hard tail 27.5+ (and a cheapo xc'ish 29er ht before that). After my first ride today I'm extremely satisfied. The bike is waaaaay faster and easier to pedal, almost silent, everything about the bike feels "butter smooth" ride compared to my last bikes. I'm in Florida btw trails are either really flat and rooty or punchy steep up and down roller coaster like (we have trails built on old phosphate mines) and so far this bike seems perfect for my trails.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018

XL Weight

Finally weighed my bike, just thought I'd let you all know what to expect.

XL Pro Model

2.4" Dissector EXO MaxTerra in the front
    2.4" Rekon EXA MaxTerra in the back
    Running tubes on both tires
    OneUp EDC 100CC (Larger size) Pump
    OneUP EDC Toolkit inside the pump
    Crank Brothers Stamp 7 Large Pedals - Aluminum
    Wahoo Element Bolt Computer

No water bottle while weighing the bike.

32lbs

The tires, pump, and toolkit are about 1lbs additional weight.
    The pedals are .8 pounds

I'd say without the pedals, stock tires, no computer, no pump/toolkit, no water bottle mount (fidlock), it would probably be right at 30lbs or just barely under.

EDIT for comparison:

This is from the Bike Rumor review with a Pro Race model that has carbon wheels:

"My size XL bike weighed in at 27.43lb (12.44kg) out of the box, set up tubeless, with the Fidlock mount and bottle attached."

So really the Pro model is about 1.5 lbs heavier. To me that's a fair trade off for the price, and I'm not good enough of a rider to go for a ride and not be super scared of breaking some carbon rims. I'd rather have aluminum.

It's probably about 34lbs with the larger fidlock water bottle completely full, I've never once thought to myself that it felt heavy. It just doesn't. The only real way to feel a difference would be to go all in on a super expensive, ultra light weight bike, possibly XC bike. In the real world, even dropping 5lbs, you're not going to see enough difference to justify the cost of a bike like that.

mtbr member
    Oct 2020

Fork bottomed out

I did that too on one of my first few rides then fiddled around with putting in an additional volume spacer but in the end took it out (its shipped with 3 in there already) and am now going with 15% sag on the fork , which works really well for me weighing 175 lbs. Since then, I've done ~3-4 foot drops and have not bottomed out, came close, but getting the full range out of your fork is the sweet spot.
    So I'd say try pumping up your fork a bit more before adding volume spacers. Go with less sag. Cheers.

g=9.764m/s2

Fork Bottomed Out

Thanks, Iíll give higher pressure a try first as the ride is plenty supple

Might add a Diaz Runt to the wish list

mtbr member
    Nov 2020
    Logged around 50 miles now with my Izzo comp, super happy with the size (XL for 187 cm) and the ride overall. Admittedly, coming from a >10 yr old Bulls Copperhead 3 hardtail, a 29" fully was always going to be a game changer for me, but I'm astonished how fast this goes. Today I was speeding through a wet forest full of roots and where previously I had to take care, now I was just blasting through. Good times!

As with a lot of you, my grip lockout won't stay in place properly unfortunately, which is annoying. Emailed YT, hopefully they can sort this out. Now that I have my shock dialed in, it's not a major issue though, since most of the time there's no need for it. Anyway, greetings from a first time poster from Stockholm, happy trails!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The official YT IZZO thread-ukntuul4ppxejip65sk3lk0elv_c2k2mjaklvg8dm38-2048x1536.jpg  

g=9.764m/s2
    25mm riser bar w/DMR Defy stem permitting 15mm spacers(probably could do 20mm) nets 45mm rise...
    The bar is now in my Sweet Zone
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The official YT IZZO thread-1141b1ec-a501-4e9e-9ff4-059553ce2a5d.jpg  

The official YT IZZO thread-2255bc43-5186-48e0-8d95-ab8cff1354c7.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2020

best tool bag?

Can you do better than IWantCake's solution for carrying one's spare tube and tools and stuff?

I believe he is sporting the Revelate Designs Jerrycan

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by IwantCake View Post

been looking myself and started looking at Ohlins since they're semi local to me. looks like an employee or some one close has made the switch and is running a TTX maybe??? don't know where you buy it or the cost.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The official YT IZZO thread-jerrycan.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    25mm riser bar w/DMR Defy stem permitting 15mm spacers(probably could do 20mm) nets 45mm rise...
    The bar is now in my Sweet Zone
    Yeah, this looks good. Stock setup doesn't feel terrible, but this setup you just did will be on my short list of changes I'm going to make. I'd like the bar position to be a little more upright like this.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

First impressions

I have 3 rides, about 40 miles on my Pro. Overall, I really like the bike. Feels very efficient, nimble and fast.

I've been riding a Kona Honzo 29er hardtail since July which I really enjoy, before that a 2016 Stumpjumper FSR carbon in the 3" tire 6fattie configuration. The Honzo feels a bit more exact and sharp although a little harsh, very playful with 415mm chainstays, the Stumpjumper with 3" tires felt like an absolute monster truck that would plow through everything although climbing wasn't it's strong suit. The Izzo bridges the gap nicely between the two. Exactly what I was looking for.

I'm 73.5" tall, 35" inseam 215lbs, XL fits really good. I did swap out for a shorter 50mm stem and longer 780mm bar which makes the cockpit even better. I will eventually go with an even shorter stem and possibly slighter higher rise bars.

I was afraid pedal strikes would be a big issue, but they are not. I do have the chip in the high position, but after my first couple of strikes on my first ride, I quickly adapted and became a non-issue.

Saddle feel isn't terrible but it does not feel that great either. I will probably change it eventually. YT Postman dropper feels excellent!

Changed out tires immediately for a Minion DHF 2.3 and DHR2 2.4. I've had issues on our trails before with torn sidewalls so didn't even want to attempt it with the forecasters.

The 18T engagement on the m1700 wheels isn't doing it for me. 36T ratchets are on order.

Shock is PTL thank goodness. Like most people, took some adjustments and cable tightening to get it to work. Don't like the twistloc so pulled it off after one ride and replaced with a cheap Besnin remote lock from Amazon. It actually looks really clean on the bars and seems to work although I did have to tighten both adjustment knobs a bit.

Tightening the new lever cable to achieve lockout leaves about a 3mm gap in the shocks "open" position. In this photo, usually the blue tab (bottom arrow) rests against the black tab of the cable housing (top arrow). In this 3mm gap open position, I still seem to have active suspension and bike sags properly so I think it's ok.

Bike pedals very efficiently and I haven't been using the new lockout unless I'm on a fireroad. In regards to the Bikemag review about it being too squishy, I call complete BS on that. Even under heavy pedaling out of the saddle, mine exhibits none of that mashed potato feeling that they claim.

So far the bike is very quiet to ride except for one annoying mouse-squeak sound in the front when turning at slow speeds. I suspect it's the cables rubbing against each other but haven't spent the time to chase down the noise yet.

Last thing I added was a Lizard skin downtube protection. Looks decent on the black although partially covers the YT logo. I'd rather have the protection though.

get url

Overall, my little nitpicks on the Izzo should not steer anyone away from buying it. Many of the negatives are just personal tastes but the bike is a fantastic value and seems really well made. It feels completely capable on everything I took it on and I'm looking forward to riding it more and more.

g=9.764m/s2
    I have 3 rides, about 40 miles on my Pro...

So far the bike is very quiet to ride except for one annoying mouse-squeak sound in the front when turning at slow speeds. I suspect it's the cables rubbing against each other but haven't spent the time to chase down the noise yet...
    The mouse-squeak just started on mine after I changed the stem. On my Jeffsy this squeak was the top headset bushings were dry, greased them up and no more squeak. Give that a try

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    The mouse-squeak just started on mine after I changed the stem. On my Jeffsy this squeak was the top headset bushings were dry, greased them up and no more squeak. Give that a try
    Awesome, thanks! Saves me some detective work.

mtbr member
    Anyone interested in a new unused 150mm YT Postman dropper? Putting a fox transfer on my IZZO and don't need the Postman. Any takers?

$175 shipped to lower 48?

g=9.764m/s2
    Oh, how Iíd love a 150 dropper on my Med... my lower post is out like 40mm. But is there room, how long is the lower post on the 150? And does anyone want a 125?

My V1 Med Jeffsy was the opposite, came with a 150 and had to go 125, short legs and all...

mtbr member
    Oh, how Iíd love a 150 dropper on my Med... my lower post is out like 40mm. But is there room, how long is the lower post on the 150? And does anyone want a 125?

My V1 Med Jeffsy was the opposite, came with a 150 and had to go 125, short legs and all...

If your dropper is already that far out I'd say the 150 would fit just fine. I'm going from 150 to a 175 on a large.

YT POSTMAM MEASUREMENTS

A: TRAVEL 125mm 150mm 170mm
    B: OVERALL LENGTH 417mm 467mm 507mm
    C: MAX. INSERTION LENGTH 237mm 262mm 282mm
    D: MIN. INSERTION LENGTH 107mm 107mm 107mm
    E: USABLE HEIGHT 310mm 360mm 407mm
    Last edited by jamesaustintexas; 16 Hours Ago at 10:52 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2020

Shock is PTL thank goodness. Like most people, took some adjustments and cable tightening to get it to work. Don't like the twistloc so pulled it off after one ride and replaced with a cheap Besnin remote lock from Amazon.

Bike pedals very efficiently and I haven't been using the new lockout unless I'm on a fireroad. In regards to the Bikemag review about it being too squishy, I call complete BS on that. Even under heavy pedaling out of the saddle, mine exhibits none of that mashed potato feeling that they claim.
    Nice review.

It's interesting how it seems people either really don't like the twistloc, or they really like it. I'm in the "really like it" camp. It works fine for me and has yet to ever fail in over 300 miles of riding. And I use it all the time, typically a half dozen times on every ride; every time I go uphill and it's right there for on-demand lockout. I wonder if the push-button actuators are as easy to operate with fairly high frequency. Unless I lock it out I definitely notice pedal-bob so it's interesting to hear just the opposite. I'm running about 30% sag on the shock and weight 175 lbs and like to charge a bit up hills. Maybe I should pump up the shock more and see what happens. I think I'm already running about 200psi. It would be nice if I didn't notice any pedal bob with it open but I still want a fairly plush ride for the downhill. By the way, I went with a Oneup 35mm rise bar and moved the 5mm spacer from the top of the stem to the bottom which made the bike a lot more comfortable for me. Before that I always felt like I was leaning forward all the time and having to support too much body weight with my arms. Size L, 71" height 34" inseam.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDE34 View Post
    It's interesting how it seems people either really don't like the twistloc, or they really like it.
    I love locking out, but don't find the unlocked too bad either and leave it like that when I am tired in more technical areas. As for the twist lock - I really liked it, so slick and worked perfect for me. However, the grips were not for me - I need a larger diameter and run DMR supercush. I have tried the rockshox poploc off an old reba, but it sits to high on the bar. Just switched to an RST lockout that came on my renegade fat fork. THat is much lower profile and works fine, but the twist was more enjoyable....

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Yeah, my main reason for not liking twistloc was the grips. I do agree though that the twistloc was easier to twist to lock out the bike compared to reaching up with your thumb to push down on the lever which has a little stronger resistance.

Demon Cleaner
    "my main reason for not liking twistloc was the grips"

My feelings too. I've just kept the twistloc though but shoved in a bit. Then cut down the left grip (Wolftooth Bearpaw) by about 3/4 of an inch. Looks dorky but works well.

The official YT IZZO thread-img_3080.jpg
    Bicycling is politics by other means.

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Welp, I sent it and bought X01 groupset (170 cranks) with GX chain and Hunts Trail Wide wheels. I'm running a 2.4 DHR2 MaxTerra Exo front and 2.4 Dissector Exo rear. Izzo Comp Large now weighs 30.7 pounds. Not too shabby, but not great.... Oh well. Maybe next year I'll pick up a factory suspension or something else

Pedal strikes are almost non-existent and I'm not always having to pay extreme attention now with 170 cranks after some rides. It does take a bit more to get a cadence going in lower gears with the 170s

I also noticed that the rear tire does indeed rub a bit in the rear. I only know because of when cleaning the bike I can see the slight tire mark rubbing on the chainstays

Did anyone figure out what rear shocks fit with an external? Since it's inverted it will be tight. I'm not sure even an angle and offset cartridge would fit?

g=9.764m/s2
    Quote Originally Posted by rherold9 View Post
    ...Did anyone figure out what rear shocks fit with an external? Since it's inverted it will be tight. I'm not sure even an angle and offset cartridge would fit?..
    Ohlins did with their external mounted at the end of the shaft... see bike photo in bhunter71ís post... oh, maybe thatís just controls, hmmm

mtbr member
    Jul 2020
    Ah, I see. Ohlins TTX air. I guess no one has confirmed it, but one photo. The good thing it does look like it should fit though with the design it has. Will have to follow up with them later when I get bored enough to upgrade again

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567