New jeffsy pro race 27 - frame cracked!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2018

New jeffsy pro race 27 - frame cracked!!

I have owned my YT Jeffsy for only about three months when I noticed a crack underneath my Rock Guard.

Anyone else had any issues? If so, how have they handled them?

I am very anxious to see how YT will handle this considering they are direct sale.

This is the moment of truth. Did I make the right decision by buying online? Or would it have been a better idea to by from my local bike shop?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New jeffsy pro race 27 - frame cracked!!-yt-frame-1.jpg  

New jeffsy pro race 27 - frame cracked!!-yt-frame-2.jpg  

New jeffsy pro race 27 - frame cracked!!-yt-frame-3.jpg  

New jeffsy pro race 27 - frame cracked!!-yt-frame-4.jpg  

New jeffsy pro race 27 - frame cracked!!-yt-frame-5.jpg  

New jeffsy pro race 27 - frame cracked!!-yt-frame-6.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Every mfg has frame issues- or some magnitude--call them and see before you get worked up----I bet they deal with this quickly but we will see--note there are good and bad stories on LBS bought bikes

mtbr member
    YT helped me out pretty quick when I needed something, minor compared to this, but they ultimately they solved my problem. Took them a few days to get to my email but in my opinion that's reasonable since I don't know how many emails they have to field daily. My my local shops on the other hand are hit and miss. One really ****ed up a brake bleed and contaminated my rotors but they refused to fix it, serious pain in the ass. Another shop helped me out right away when I had shit go down unexpectedly. The moral of the story, it'll probably be fine just be patient through the process.

mtbr member
    Based on my experience with YT's service, I have no doubt they'll be pretty helpful on this.

How did that happen? And how did you find it being underneath the lower guard? The rubber guard looks undamaged.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    I removed the protective film on the down tube as it was damaged and noticed a bunch of dirt and debris caked in behind the guard and decided to remove it to clean.

mtbr member
    Glad you did this, otherwise it could have ended ugly on the trails.
    I'm sure YT will help you.
    Any news yet?

mtbr member
    They had a new rear triangle to me in just under three weeks at crash replacement pricing. I donít remember exactly how much cause this was a couple years ago out of Reno but it was totally reasonable. They also sold me a cane creek headset from their own stock after that Acros POS died.

As I remember it the whole relocation to Cali from Reno was to bring the operation in house to increase availability and improve customer service. Iíll bet youíll be fine.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    No news yet, it is in with a quality manager.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Interested in their decision. It could be tricky as it appears to be impact damage which isnít usually warrantied but itís under their downtube protector whoís job it is to prevent those impacts. Either way, sorry about your luck and hopefully it works for you!

Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    From the pictures and the location it looks like a serious rock strike. Hopefully they will take care of you, but I would also expect something along the lines of crash replacement.

Usually that location is not a failure point and most frame defects start as a single fatigue crack.
    Making shit harder than it needs to be isn't awesome, it's just...harder.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Any updates on this?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbn921 View Post
    From the pictures and the location it looks like a serious rock strike. Hopefully they will take care of you, but I would also expect something along the lines of crash replacement.

Usually that location is not a failure point and most frame defects start as a single fatigue crack.
    Yeah, that looks like a big rock strike. No matter whom you purchased the bike from, LBS or local, it is going to be a difficult call.
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

10,000,000 Watts
    Whatís the word from YT?
    Why is my power bill so high?

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutch View Post
    Whatís the word from YT?
    +1 any news

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    @DH1974 How did YT end up handling this for you?

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Sorry Guys for not replying sooner. YT came through under goodwill and replaced my frame! received my frame about two weeks ago and have it back out on the trails. All good.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1974 View Post
    Sorry Guys for not replying sooner. YT came through under goodwill and replaced my frame! received my frame about two weeks ago and have it back out on the trails. All good.
    Thats awesome to hear! Thanks for the update. Nice to know a company with no local physical presence still has your back and stands behind their products! That's a winning combo IMO.