New 2019 Jeffsy 29"- Mtbr.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2018

New 2019 Jeffsy 29"

The new Jeffsy was released and is now on their website. $5700 seems to be a nice price point with the components they are offering. It only comes with a 2.35 tire front and rear, does anyone know if a wider tire will be able to fit? Like a 2.5 or 2.6

mtbr member
    somewhere in first few reviews i read carbon ones come with aluminum stays. is that true? they all look like carbon to me on the website for all carbon models.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    A 2.35 E13 tire is about the same was a Minion 2.5WT. A Rekon 2.6 doesnít look any wider either, really.

Danger Zone
    Quote Originally Posted by brankulo View Post
    somewhere in first few reviews i read carbon ones come with aluminum stays. is that true? they all look like carbon to me on the website for all carbon models.
    The CF Comp (orange/blue) model has an aluminum rear triangle.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Am I missing something or is the base AL the same frame as last year? No new geo for aluminum?

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Correct. Iíd assume it will be coming later in the year.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Hmmm---the large and xl ETT are near the old model and the reach is way longer.
    On the old bike the large was simply too compact sitting on ETT so I would have gone XL except the seat post as we are aware was too long to run a 150 dropper.

With the new bike the ETT again pushes me to an XL to be comfortable pedaling but that near 500 reach is too much for me I suspect. But the large has a nice 474 reach------would need to test but I suspect the bike will not work for me-----bit of a downer.

I am 6 foot with a 34.4 inseam----so long legs and a short torso---+1 ape factor--

thoughts????

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Remember that 474 reach is going to feel like a lot less than that with the steeper seat tube angle keeping you farther forward over the bike.

banned
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleOn View Post
    Am I missing something or is the base AL the same frame as last year? No new geo for aluminum?
    Then the full aluminum Jeffsey AL Base drops in with a $2300 / 2300Ä price tag featuring the three-year old, unchanged geometry of the original Jeffsey. The base is all about keeping costs down so it doesnít evolve with the carbon bikes,........
    https://bikerumor.com/2019/01/11/chr...ey-trail-bike/

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    The way they couldn't spell "Jeffsey" correctly throughout that entire write-up was a bit annoying.

Loving the ember orange though.

mtbr member
    I thought I checked the size chart before ordering, but I think at 6'1" the large is probably not the right choice. Canceling the order, plan to order the XL, even though every previous bike I've had has been large (currently ride a large Bronson).

I rode an XL Ripmo and it seemed to be the right fit. Based on the geo numbers, the new 2019 Jeffsy 29er would likely have a similar fit.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    camstyn---I do not think the seat tube angle has any relevance to reach---reach is from bottom bracket to steer tube and is a good measure for standing--but ETT is the measure for sitting and climbing---seat post to steerer. Note when standing the seat tube regardless of angle is out of the way--but the steeper seat tube tends to decrease ETT.

I have seen this confusion many times on these forums and I think generally the thinking is ETT is a good measure for climbing or cockpit room sitting and reach is a good measure for front end length standing---both very useful.

With the YT the Large ETT is to short for me and the reach is nice but the XL is nice ETT but reach is really long for me----be nice to ride one in the coming months to really get a feel.

mtbr member
    I hope it's crystal clear that alloy bikes have the same geo as last years.
    No Bueno YT.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Yea. What gives? New molds for carbon bike, but you canít weld new AL bikes. Weird

They must be pushing the CF bikes in order to make more profit margins.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Five0 View Post
    Could be, or they need time to get the AL fab going, so maybe a later release, or they'll wait a year.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Five0 View Post
    Yea. What gives? New molds for carbon bike, but you canít weld new AL bikes. Weird

It's because the AL is supposed to be a budget model so the idea is don't fix it if it ain't broke. By not having a new AL design, they didn't have to do R and D to figure out what tube thicknesses and such to use because aluminum is a whole other animal compared to carbon. My guess is it will come later on in a year or so as a rolling change kind of deal.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Also that isn't speculation. They've outright said it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    After a quick exchange with YT, I totally don't know what size of the 29er to get. I'm 6'1" (185.4cm). That puts me in XL category. But I'd prefer a more agile vs. more stable bike. I don't go that fast and have been trying to slow down and be a bit more cautious.

I enjoy making turns, leaning the bike, making tight climbs ... maybe I should select a Large. But if I did that, maybe I'd be missing out on some of the advantages of the longer, slacker geo. But then, maybe that's OK!

Comparing to my current 2016 Bronson in L:

Stack Reach Top Tube
    2016 Bronson L 605 445 618
    2019 Jeffsy L 624 474 614
    2019 Jeffsy XL 633 494 637
    Last edited by objectuser; 01-14-2019 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Fixed Bronson numbers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by objectuser View Post
    After a quick exchange with YT, I totally don't know what size of the 29er to get. I'm 6'1" (185.4cm). That puts me in XL category. But I'd prefer a more agile vs. more stable bike. I don't go that fast and have been trying to slow down and be a bit more cautious.

I enjoy making turns, leaning the bike, making tight climbs ... maybe I should select a Large. But if I did that, maybe I'd be missing out on some of the advantages of the longer, slacker geo. But then, maybe that's OK!

Stack Reach Top Tube
    2016 Bronson L 629 471 632
    From what you said and described, sounds like a large would suit your style.

mtbr member

Stack Reach Top Tube
    i am in the same boat, 6'1-1/2" +/-, not a huge fan of these new long bikes for the same reasons you mentioned. also thinking of going with L.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by brankulo View Post
    i am in the same boat, 6'1-1/2" +/-, not a huge fan of these new long bikes for the same reasons you mentioned. also thinking of going with L.
    Or get an XL and put a 35mm stem on it...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Make sure you account for the STA. It's going to make it feel smaller.
    2020 Revel Rascal
    2019 Santa Cruz Chameleon
    2019 Canyon Ultimate

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Stack Reach Top Tube
    2016 Bronson only has a 445 reach in large.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by alan1 View Post
    2016 Bronson only has a 445 reach in large.
    Bah, used the wrong numbers (comparing too many things). Thanks, fixing!

mtbr member
    Stack Reach Top Tube
    Those numbers should now be correct.

So the 2019 Jeffsy in L is almost 3cm longer in reach (standing) but 4mm shorter in ETT (sitting). Interesting! The XL would be almost 5cm longer in reach, almost 2cm longer in ETT.

I'm not exactly sure how the XL that would impact climbing since I would still sit more over the BB with the steeper seat tube angle.

mtbr member
    Those numbers should now be correct.

So the 2019 Jeffsy in L is almost 3cm longer in reach (standing) but 4mm shorter in ETT (sitting). Interesting! The XL would be almost 5cm longer in reach, almost 2cm longer in ETT.

I'm not exactly sure how the XL that would impact climbing since I would still sit more over the BB with the steeper seat tube angle.
    ETT, just like reach is measured at stack height.
    Even if two different bikes had the same ETT, but different STA, the one with steeper ST will feel smaller while seated.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I also (sort of) demod a Ripmo in XL. "Sort of" because it was a bike park with some simple dirt trails, not any hard downhills or climbing. Here is a comparison of the Ripmo XL and the Jeffsy.

Stack Reach Top Tube
    2018 Ripmo XL 642 493 655
    2019 Jeffsy 29 L 624 474 614
    2019 Jeffsy 29 XL 633 494 637
    Last edited by objectuser; 01-14-2019 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Added Bronson

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzanova View Post
    ETT, just like reach is measured at stack height.
    Even if two different bikes had the same ETT, but different STA, the one with steeper ST will feel smaller while seated.
    Because of body angle?

mtbr member
    Because of body angle?
    Because of the difference on STA.
    Even if the ETT is the same, if the ST is steeper it will place you more forward compared to the bike with a slacker ST.

Extreme example. The red is steep STA.
    Last edited by jazzanova; 01-14-2019 at 05:04 PM.

mtbr member
    Nice illustration!

Makes sense as long as both are higher than the head tube, I think, since that's the basis for the measurement.

Using the Ripmo as an example, if the seat is inline with the top of the head tube, it would be the same on both bikes since that's the measurement. But if the seat is higher than that then the slacker seat tube will move the seat back farther.

For me on my Bronson this is definitely the case, so excellent!

New 2019 Jeffsy 29"-geo-ripmo-230318.jpg

mtbr member
    Nice illustration!

Makes sense as long as both are higher than the head tube, I think, since that's the basis for the measurement.

Using the Ripmo as an example, if the seat is inline with the top of the head tube, it would be the same on both bikes since that's the measurement. But if the seat is higher than that then the slacker seat tube will move the seat back farther.

For me on my Bronson this is definitely the case, so excellent!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	geo-ripmo-230318.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	1233559
    Another geometry relations for you to obsess over:
    HTA and stack.
    The lower the stack the more spacers under the stem will need to be used in order to get the bars to the desired height/position => it will bring the bars closer to the rider due to the HTA and shorten the "seated reach".
    Of course this can be avoided with higher rise bars, where less spacers will be needed and therefore the bars won't get as close to the rider.
    So basically, 2 bikes with the same reach and ETT, but different stack will in theory feel a little different. The one with lower stack, will have shorter cockpit in order to achieve the same bar height position.
    Also the slacker the HT, the closer the bars will get. These are just mm, but still

mtbr member
    Yup makes sense!

I was wondering if that's why YT uses riser bars but (historically) cuts off the fork tube ...

mtbr member
    Whats interesting is that all the videos I've seen so far, not one has been really very impressed with the updates. I was really hoping for them to knock it out of the park, but so far everyone that's tested the bike in the videos has just been meh about it.. or at least for the CF pro race.
    2020 Revel Rascal
    2019 Canyon Ultimate

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ryano4u View Post
    Whats interesting is that all the videos I've seen so far, not one has been really very impressed with the updates. I was really hoping for them to knock it out of the park, but so far everyone that's tested the bike in the videos has just been meh about it.. or at least for the CF pro race.

All the videos Iíve see say it is a very good bike but maybe not quite as much fun as the previous version. Itís become more allround as opposed to the somewhat flawed (but fun) previous iteration.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfacey View Post
    All the videos Iíve see say it is a very good bike but maybe not quite as much fun as the previous version. Itís become more allround as opposed to the somewhat flawed (but fun) previous iteration.
    I think I saw that in the Singletrack video. For him it might not be as fun of a bike.

I do think everyone has ridden the Pro Race version at the Portugal launch, so it wouldn't apply 100% to the lower spec'd versions (that have shorter forks and might have more of that fun factor).

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpeddler View Post
    The new Jeffsy was released and is now on their website. $5700 seems to be a nice price point with the components they are offering. It only comes with a 2.35 tire front and rear, does anyone know if a wider tire will be able to fit? Like a 2.5 or 2.6
    I asked about this. YT replied "We recommend a maximum tyre width of 2.4" dependent on brand, as we have not tested wider than this on the frames".

I recall seeing an image of rear triangle in one of these reviews and it looked that there was not too much room for wider tyre.
    Last edited by 69Hz; 01-15-2019 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Now the quote is properly there ;-)

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    I haven't seen videos, but the articles I've read they seem pretty stoked on it.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/yt-jef...irst-ride.html

"Descending
    Oh my God, the YT Jeffsy was crazy fast and so much fun on the descents. Itís a playful and lively bike with plenty of pop so you can get as much airtime as you desire or tuck low racer-style and carry warp speed through corners."

Sounds pretty fun!

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by redrhino View Post
    I haven't seen videos, but the articles I've read they seem pretty stoked on it.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/yt-jef...irst-ride.html

"Descending
    Oh my God, the YT Jeffsy was crazy fast and so much fun on the descents. Itís a playful and lively bike with plenty of pop so you can get as much airtime as you desire or tuck low racer-style and carry warp speed through corners."

Sounds pretty fun!
    Here are some video links:
    VitalMTB:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLAwsqbXuNg
    BikeRadar:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVJ055hGdVk
    SingleTrack:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgmtu-BIfR4

Overall, the MKII seems to gain positive evaluations. For me the question mark is still the climbing ability in technical terrain. I still earn the descents... The geo promises good, but the small bump sensitivity, or lack of it, may change this.

I'm pretty close to order one. Just wondering if it is wise to order from the first production lot....

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 69Hz View Post
    I recall seeing an image of rear triangle in one of these reviews and it looked that there was not too much room for wider tyre.
    Took a while to recall where I saw it... So here we go. This is a screen capture from BikeRadar vid:

New 2019 Jeffsy 29"-n%E4ytt%F6kuva-2019-1-16-kello-9.53.35.jpg
    Last edited by 69Hz; 01-16-2019 at 01:10 AM. Reason: source mentioned ;-)

mtbr member
    Thanks 69Hz... I actually had a good conversation with Ace yesterday and he answered a lot of my questions. Nice guy and not pushing the product just being honest. His final thoughts.. "Way Better" in every aspect. From acceleration, cornering, control and climbing. Its fast...
    2020 Revel Rascal
    2019 Canyon Ultimate

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Rear tyre clearance is the only worry I have as well. Otherwise it looks like an amazing bike.

I probably wouldn't ever run anything wider than a 2,35" Schwalbe or a 2,4" WT DHR2 in the back but still wouldn't mind having little extra clearance. Here's a picture from a German mtb magazine and really does look rather tight on the sides. Very good mud clearance on the top of the tyre however. Anyone measured these 2,35" E13 tyres? Someone mentioned above that they are large for their stated widths.

https://foto-thumbnails.mtb-news.de/...luYWwuanBn.jpg

mtbr member
    I should have mine tomorrow and I plan on testing a few different tire sizes.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Rom3n View Post
    Which model?

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Thanks 69Hz... I actually had a good conversation with Ace yesterday and he answered a lot of my questions. Nice guy and not pushing the product just being honest. His final thoughts.. "Way Better" in every aspect. From acceleration, cornering, control and climbing. Its fast...
    No problem! I sent a dozen of emails to their CS, lol. Very friendly and comprehensive replies. Notes that you have SB130... Was originally in the market for that, but couldn't justify the price (in addition to some obvious issues discussed in the forum). Nevertheless, this MKII seems quite good do-it-all bike for my purposes. Another option is Ripmo.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    That 2.35 E13 tire is pretty much identical to a 2.5WT DHF, which is also about the same as a 2.6 Rekon. It will probably fit a 2.8.

mtbr member
    Which model?

Pro Race

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Camstyn View Post
    That 2.35 E13 tire is pretty much identical to a 2.5WT DHF, which is also about the same as a 2.6 Rekon. It will probably fit a 2.8.
    Love how tire widths really donít mean anything depending on the model you get. Doesnít the actual width also depend on the rim inner width?

Speaking of rim width: I was kind of surprised to read that the e13 wheels are listed as 27mm, but if you look on the e13 website the TRS Plus is listed as 30mm (https://bythehive.com/pages/wheelgoods). Has anyone confirmed this with YT?

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Pro Race
    Nice! My Pro ships around Feb 6th according to the YT confirmation. Are they shipping according to the original planning?

banned
    Apr 2006
    I have a 2.35 TRSr and no way it's as wide as a 2.6 Rekon.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    I have the TRS+ and TRSrís still on the OEM TRS+ wheel set, 2.5WTís on a set of 28mm ID WeAreOne Insiders, 2.6 Rekons on a set of 45mm ID Derbyís, and 2.8 Rekons on 35mm ID Syncros wheels. Iíll mic them all today and post results. Going off of memory the 2.35 through 2.6ís all measured very close to the same but Iíll verify it.

mtbr member
    No problem! I sent a dozen of emails to their CS, lol. Very friendly and comprehensive replies. Notes that you have SB130... Was originally in the market for that, but couldn't justify the price (in addition to some obvious issues discussed in the forum). Nevertheless, this MKII seems quite good do-it-all bike for my purposes. Another option is Ripmo.
    I feel ya. I bought the sb130 before the Jeffsy 27.5 (got it on a late year sale) and its been an eye opening experience to say the least. I really like the SB130 and its had zero issues but the cost associated with it is a big downer and hard to swallow. Its funny that I have a 7k+ bike and a 2k bike sitting next to each other and you pick the 2k bike more for a joy ride.. I think that the sb130 is a fantastic bike for sure and it climbs really great but there is something about the jeffsy that I just can't put my finger on that makes me pick it more.. odd isn't it I may sell the Yeti, I just hate selling a bike and all the things associated with it.
    2020 Revel Rascal
    2019 Canyon Ultimate

mtbr member
    Nice! My Pro ships around Feb 6th according to the YT confirmation. Are they shipping according to the original planning?

I think so, mine was showing in stock when I ordered it and it shipped 2 days later.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Love how tire widths really donít mean anything depending on the model you get. Doesnít the actual width also depend on the rim inner width?

Speaking of rim width: I was kind of surprised to read that the e13 wheels are listed as 27mm, but if you look on the e13 website the TRS Plus is listed as 30mm (https://bythehive.com/pages/wheelgoods). Has anyone confirmed this with YT?

I was also really surprised about this as well. Not a deal breaker, but almost. And because of 29 CF Pro Race webpage says "27,5ď x 28mm | 110x15mm | 148x12mm", which seems like mixed info, I asked their CS about this. I had kind of a naive idea if it would be possible to change the rims to 30mm id (which are specced to Capra). However, the answer from their CS was as follows:

"The CF Pro Race is spec'd with the TRS Race SL wheelset, which are 28mm i.d. and are a lighter weight trail/AM wheel than the wider Enduro wheel spec'd on the CAPRA CF Pro Race. Unfortunately it is not possible to swap components on bikes as they are set builds."

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Ok, here are some specs for those of you concerned about tire fitment.

E13 TRS+ 2.35 mounted on 30mm ID
    61mm wide

DHF 2.5WT mounted on 28mm ID
    59mm wide

Rekon 2.8 mounted on 30mm ID
    64mm

Rekon 2.6 mounted on 40mm ID
    64.4mm

So a Maxxis 2.8 is only 3mm wider than the E13 2.35, and a 2.5WT is about the same or slightly smaller.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Would appreciate if you could give us your initial thoughts on the bike and how it rides (in case you have such conditions).

mtbr member
    Would appreciate if you could give us your initial thoughts on the bike and how it rides (in case you have such conditions).
    For sure, our trail conditions are excellent right now.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    For sure, our trail conditions are excellent right now.
    Great! Ours are excellent also - in case you like fatbiking. Last night got 15cm more snow...

mtbr member
    Great! Ours are excellent also - in case you like fatbiking. Last night got 15cm more snow...
    Ouch! that is not a problem here in Sedona =)

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Ouch! that is not a problem here in Sedona =)
    Most likely and hopefully not

I'd say that the snow it's not a problem here (in Finland) as such. We just need to open the trails with snowshoes first, then heavy riding...

Looking fw to hear your opinion on MKII.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I was also really surprised about this as well. Not a deal breaker, but almost. And because of 29 CF Pro Race webpage says "27,5ď x 28mm | 110x15mm | 148x12mm", which seems like mixed info, I asked their CS about this. I had kind of a naive idea if it would be possible to change the rims to 30mm id (which are specced to Capra). However, the answer from their CS was as follows:

"The CF Pro Race is spec'd with the TRS Race SL wheelset, which are 28mm i.d. and are a lighter weight trail/AM wheel than the wider Enduro wheel spec'd on the CAPRA CF Pro Race. Unfortunately it is not possible to swap components on bikes as they are set builds."
    Not that it's a deal killer, since mine is already on its way, but this would've been nice to know before ordering. The YT site still isn't correct though.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018

Got a reply from YT on the TRS+ wheels. These are OEM wheels and have a 27mm inner width. Weird...
    Oh and they come tubeless ready but without the necessary Presta valves.

mtbr member
    Just got mine and the stock Ethirteen wheels with the 2.35 tire is 63mm wide. My 31mm NOBL TR38's with Maxxis DHF 2.6 is 63mm wide.

mtbr member
    No clearance issues with this one, 29" 2.6 DHF on 31mm wheels.

New 2019 Jeffsy 29"-img_9494.jpg

New 2019 Jeffsy 29"-img_9496.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Just got mine and the stock Ethirteen wheels with the 2.35 tire is 63mm wide. My 31mm NOBL TR38's with Maxxis DHF 2.6 is 63mm wide.
    Interesting. Is the stock wheel id really 27mm or 28mm?

Moblile mail, tyops apoliged.

mtbr member

Name:	IMG_9494.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	172.3 KB 
ID:	1233992

Name:	IMG_9496.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	166.1 KB 
ID:	1233993
    What size frame is it?

mtbr member

Not sure as I have not taken the tires off to measure.

What size frame is it?

Large

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    However, the answer from their CS was as follows:

Got a reply from YT on the TRS+ wheels. These are OEM wheels and have a 27mm inner width. Weird...
    Oh and they come tubeless ready but without the necessary Presta valves.

If they are indeed the TRS Race SL wheels, then they are 28mm according to the e-thirteen website.

I also spoke with e-thirteen support about warranty on their YT factory installed parts and was told:

"All of our components on the bike will have full warranty on them through us. Just contact us if anything arises and we will get you sorted. You will just need your original proof of purchase for the bike."

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by hidperf View Post
    If they are indeed the TRS Race SL wheels, then they are 28mm according to the e-thirteen website.

I also spoke with e-thirteen support about warranty on their YT factory installed parts and was told:

"All of our components on the bike will have full warranty on them through us. Just contact us if anything arises and we will get you sorted. You will just need your original proof of purchase for the bike."
    Regarding the rims width it seems to be 28mm id. They have corrected the info in their www-pages:
    "29ď x 28mm | 110x15mm | 148x12mm"

Regarding the warranty I got following information:
    "With most of our component suppliers we will need to bring the product back to our headquarters here either for assessment or to forward directly onto the relevant manufacturer. In some cases, such as with E*13, you can contact them directly and we will often advise this as the fastest course of action to get you back riding. They can often supply direct replacement parts to get customers back riding and speed up the process."

And further:

"Many of our customers also make use of local distributor/service partners for FOX/SRAM/Raceface etc as this can speed up the process, although we cannot cover any shipping or handling costs in these cases."

Just my 2cents. Meanwhile I'm impatiently waiting for Rom3n's riding report

mtbr member
    Mar 2017

Name:	IMG_9494.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	172.3 KB 
ID:	1233992

Name:	IMG_9496.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	166.1 KB 
ID:	1233993
    Very good photos and information, thank you! Looks like there is plenty of clearance for all sorts of tyres then. Also the new Canyon Strive 29 was a bit of a disappointment so I am strongly leaning towards a Jeffsy.

mtbr member
    Rom3n.. get off you arse and post more picks of that bike. I see your wheels on pinkbike and man what a good looking color. Wanna see more..
    2020 Revel Rascal
    2019 Canyon Ultimate

mtbr member
    Tire clearance for me was a concern seeing that the stock tires were 2.35. Now that have some time on 2.6 with cushcore on the Ransom I find that having the option to run them when I want is nice. That was one of the main reasons I did not keep my Yeti Sb130 and Sb150 very long was that anything over the size of a Maxxis 2.4 tire would rub the chainstays. These stock 2.35 TRS tires being as wide as they are would for sure not work on the Yeti's.

On another note the frame is actually more grey than I expected "which is a good thing". The downtube frame guard is well designed and the built in frame protection is well executed and is nice that a bike is actually coming with this installed already. Packing was top notch and all the small details were executed really well.

New 2019 Jeffsy 29"-81723a39-97a5-43de-ae64-204b52bac23a.jpg

mtbr member
    Rom3n.. get off you arse and post more picks of that bike. I see your wheels on pinkbike and man what a good looking color. Wanna see more..
    LOL I am waiting on a couple parts that arrive today to finish the build. I will have some pics tomorrow for sure.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Anyone receiving new 2019 carbons, can you post your weight and what shock PSI you settle on?

I saw on pinkbikeís review that the 155lb editor needed 200psi to get 30% sag. YT recommends 25%. Seems like if this is not an anomaly, this is going to require extremely high pressures and will restrict rider weight like the Capra 29.

Iím a big guy and pushing the limits of rear shocks on most frame designs, itís why I bought a Capra 27 over a 29. Iíd never get 30% sag on a Capra 29. Iím hoping itís not going to be that way for the Jeffsy 29 too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    +1...wanting to hear Rom3n's thought's on how the jeffsy and ransom compare.

mtbr member
    I think it's somewhat the shock. My sb130 with the dpx2 is the same. At 240lbs I have 300psi to get the recommended sag.. plus a token. Found that odd...
    2020 Revel Rascal
    2019 Canyon Ultimate

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I'm curious how it stacks up against the Yeti's he has had.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by badbietz View Post
    I'm curious how it stacks up against the Yeti's he has had.
    Ya, I think a better comparison would be the SB130. Was hoping for a little slacker HA for the new Jeffsy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1976 View Post
    Ya, I think a better comparison would be the SB130. Was hoping for a little slacker HA for the new Jeffsy
    Im running a 160 to get a little slacker HT.

mtbr member
    Thought I'd add the SB130 to the table (down to the tenth of a millimeter, so exact!). The table is probably getting a little silly at this point.

Stack Reach Top Tube Seat Angle Head Angle
    2016 Bronson L 605 445 618 74 66
    2018 Ripmo XL 642 493 655 76 65.9
    2019 Yeti SB130 L 624.8 480.2 625.2 76.9 65.5
    2019 Jeffsy 29 L 624 474 614 77,5 / 78 66,5 / 67
    2019 Jeffsy 29 XL 633 494 637 77,5 / 78 66,5 / 67

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Im running a 160 to get a little slacker HT.
    -1 degree Angleset and 160 fork would be just about perfect!

mtbr member
    Had a good couple days on the new bike. Still getting the suspension dialed in to my liking but I have a couple early observations. The bike is more capable than I expected it to be. Hucking off stuff and in the rough it performed great. The bike is very comfortable in and out of the saddle. Going up one size has not been an issue. The bike is not a lightweight, my build with cushcore inserts, NOBL carbon wheels, Eagle XX1, ENVE carbon bars and stem etc.. came in at 31 lbs. The bike is very agile in the tighter stuff VS similar bikes with steeper HTA. She likes to go fast.

Here is a quick video of some riding on a couple of my favorite trails.

https://youtu.be/U8VaCmskVXw

mtbr member

Nice jumps at the end.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Had a good couple days on the new bike. Still getting the suspension dialed in to my liking but I have a couple early observations. The bike is more capable than I expected it to be. Hucking off stuff and in the rough it performed great. The bike is very comfortable in and out of the saddle. Going up one size has not been an issue. The bike is not a lightweight, my build with cushcore inserts, NOBL carbon wheels, Eagle XX1, ENVE carbon bars and stem etc.. came in at 31 lbs. The bike is very agile in the tighter stuff VS similar bikes with steeper HTA. She likes to go fast.

Great vid. Any insights on pedaling efficiency or technical climbing?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Nice. How tall are your Roman and you went with a large?

---------------------
    Evil Following

weareelements.com

mtbr member
    Also wondering if they're shipped with the fork tube cut short (ref. the "stem slammed" thread).

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Tire clearance for me was a concern seeing that the stock tires were 2.35. Now that have some time on 2.6 with cushcore on the Ransom I find that having the option to run them when I want is nice. That was one of the main reasons I did not keep my Yeti Sb130 and Sb150 very long was that anything over the size of a Maxxis 2.4 tire would rub the chainstays. These stock 2.35 TRS tires being as wide as they are would for sure not work on the Yeti's.

On another note the frame is actually more grey than I expected "which is a good thing". The downtube frame guard is well designed and the built in frame protection is well executed and is nice that a bike is actually coming with this installed already. Packing was top notch and all the small details were executed really well.

Name:	81723A39-97A5-43DE-AE64-204B52BAC23A.jpg 
Views:	910 
Size:	262.0 KB 
ID:	1234065
    I was thinking about getting the grey Pro Race 29er, but I was hoping you could post a pic of the entire bike. I can never tell the actual color of YT bikes, because they always look a little different in person then they do on YT's website. That color almost looks green to me and that may not necessarily be a bad thing, I just can't tell without seeing the entire bike. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Nice jumps at the end.
    We dont have many here in Sedona so you have to get it when you can

Great vid. Any insights on pedaling efficiency or technical climbing?
    Really solid technical climber with really good traction. I have to run 170mm cranks on my bikes to help clean the chunk here. The 160 fork helps getting the BB up a bit also. Solid pedaling bike running 28% sag and the LSC wide open. Little bit of pedal bob but I think you can dial it out with a few clicks of added LSC.

Quote Originally Posted by michaeldorian View Post
    Nice. How tall are your Roman and you went with a large?
    Im 5'8 and went large. I always ride med but figured I would see if I could pull off a Large as I was on the cusp of the YT med/large chart. I did reduce the stem to 35mm.

Also wondering if they're shipped with the fork tube cut short (ref. the "stem slammed" thread).
    It was cut and you wont have much freedom to go high with the stem. I think with the stock Renthal stem you have about 20mm to play with.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TMO8853 View Post
    I was thinking about getting the grey Pro Race 29er, but I was hoping you could post a pic of the entire bike. I can never tell the actual color of YT bikes, because they always look a little different in person then they do on YT's website. That color almost looks green to me and that may not necessarily be a bad thing, I just can't tell without seeing the entire bike. Thanks!
    Here you go

New 2019 Jeffsy 29"-5ac415b1-c015-4c0c-a4a6-a8063bb70fdc.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    [QUOTE=Rom3n;13957084]Here you go

Thanks man. That looks like its gonna be one sweet bike! Did you purchase from YT USA?

I still just can't understand why YT struggles to get production colors to match their online pictures. That color looks nothing like the grey they have posted online. They did the same thing with my Capra CF.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TMO8853 View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised by the color when I unboxed mine. I was expecting flat black with gloss black accents, which I see everywhere it seems.

This color is almost a blue-gray, although I'm terrible with colors.

mtbr member
    I was pleasantly surprised by the color when I unboxed mine. I was expecting flat black with gloss black accents, which I see everywhere it seems.

This color is almost a blue-gray, although I'm terrible with colors.
    It is really a more blue grey, I was also expecting a matte black based on the website but im happy that it's actually more of a grey. It's very similar to the color of my sprinter.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=TMO8853;13957263]
    Here you go

Thanks man. That looks like its gonna be one sweet bike! Did you purchase from YT USA?

I still just can't understand why YT struggles to get production colors to match their online pictures. That color looks nothing like the grey they have posted online. They did the same thing with my Capra CF.
    I did get it direct from YT.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    It is really a more blue grey, I was also expecting a matte black based on the website but im happy that it's actually more of a grey. It's very similar to the color of my sprinter.
    Yea I notice it almost matches your van perfectly!

mtbr member
    May 2018
    What was your shock PSI to get 28% sag and ehatís your body weight?

It looks better in the pics than on the website. I have the other color ordered but might switch it now, I thought like you it was going to be matte black/gloss black.

mtbr member
    Love the custom License Plate

mtbr member
    What was your shock PSI to get 28% sag and ehatís your body weight?

It looks better in the pics than on the website. I have the other color ordered but might switch it now, I thought like you it was going to be matte black/gloss black.
    Im 180 fully loaded and psi is at about 230.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_manny View Post
    Love the custom License Plate

mtbr member
    May 2015

Really solid technical climber with really good traction. I have to run 170mm cranks on my bikes to help clean the chunk here. The 160 fork helps getting the BB up a bit also. Solid pedaling bike running 28% sag and the LSC wide open. Little bit of pedal bob but I think you can dial it out with a few clicks of added LSC.
    Thanks for this. So it seems to be quite efficient pedaling platform. I don't mind touching the lever every now and then, in case the bob is not excessive (e.g you need to turn the lever constantly).

Regarding the color, I'm kinda surprised to see it look more like anthracite than matte black. German interpretation, I guess?

mtbr member
    Thanks for this. So it seems to be quite efficient pedaling platform. I don't mind touching the lever every now and then, in case the bob is not excessive (e.g you need to turn the lever constantly).

Regarding the color, I'm kinda surprised to see it look more like anthracite than matte black. German interpretation, I guess?

I have found that to get a really firm pedaling platform you have to dial in a few clicks of LSC which works well but you sacrifice some small bump compliance. If you go wide open you sacrifice a bit of efficiency but it's not something that is outside of normal on most bikes with this amount of travel. I have not needed to flip the climb switch but im sure if you did on long flat climbs it would help a little if you are running compression wide open.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I have found that to get a really firm pedaling platform you have to dial in a few clicks of LSC which works well but you sacrifice some small bump compliance. If you go wide open you sacrifice a bit of efficiency but it's not something that is outside of normal on most bikes with this amount of travel. I have not needed to flip the climb switch but im sure if you did on long flat climbs it would help a little if you are running compression wide open.
    Appreciate your input. We don't have high mountains here, but rather small hills or ridges offering "short" somewhat technical ups and downs. So based on that it sounds reasonable. I actually had Whyte (Horst-link) 29/150 last season and it pedaled quite well to be honest. Had to let it go because of quality issues. However, Whyte was not that good (platform) as my previous bike SB5C (which was 27,5/150/127mm) - or e.g Pivot Switchblade that I've demoed.

I have hard time choosing between Jeffsy and Ripmo. Got a fairly good offer on Ripmo GX-build w/I9 wheels, which would be just slightly more expensive than Jeffsy Pro Race. It is obvious that with YT you get much more better spec, but would anticipate Ripmo susp platform being "better" (because of DW-link).

However, if you think of it, is kinda "battle" between:

"USA : Legacy : DW-link : Package" (=Ibis)
    versus
    "Germany : Disruption : Horst : Parts" (=YT)

Well, we got more snow, so fatbiking continues. Meanwhile, it's going to be tuff decision
    Last edited by 69Hz; 01-23-2019 at 05:50 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Im 5'8 and went large. I always ride med but figured I would see if I could pull off a Large as I was on the cusp of the YT med/large chart. I did reduce the stem to 35mm.

Hello Rom3n, I am almost the same size as you and I was wondering between Medium and Large size. Do you know what is your inseam and what is the heigth of your seatpost (= the distance between your Bottom Bracket and the top of your saddle).
    Do you run a 150mm dropper post? It looks from the picture that your Dropper is slammed to the maximum?
    Thanks for your answer!

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    However, if you think of it, is kinda "battle" between:

"USA : Legacy : DW-link : Package" (=Ibis)
    versus
    "Germany : Disruption : Horst : Parts" (=YT)

Well, we got more snow, so fatbiking continues. Meanwhile, it's going to be tuff decision
    Another aspect is local bike shop vs. direct sales company. ;-)
    Iím not saying you canít take a YT to a LBS and pay for some kind of service if necessary. And of course, you can buy your bike somewhere else and still have a good relation to a LBS if you buy a lot of other products and services there. But you know what I mean.

I am currently trying to find my next bike in a slightly different category but I have a YT Capra and 1-2 LBS bikes on my shortlist. I live half an hour from the YT headquarter and it seems YT customer support is pretty good in Germany. However, sometimes it can be helpful to have a LBS as a direct contact. The question is: how much is this worth in terms of price premium?

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Lando555 View Post
    Another aspect is local bike shop vs. direct sales company. ;-)
    Iím not saying you canít take a YT to a LBS and pay for some kind of service if necessary. And of course, you can buy your bike somewhere else and still have a good relation to a LBS if you buy a lot of other products and services there. But you know what I mean.

I am currently trying to find my next bike in a slightly different category but I have a YT Capra and 1-2 LBS bikes on my shortlist. I live half an hour from the YT headquarter and it seems YT customer support is pretty good in Germany. However, sometimes it can be helpful to have a LBS as a direct contact. The question is: how much is this worth in terms of price premium?
    I hear you. It's a good point and am glad you brought it up as I forgot to mention it.

The YT service may be superior (in Germany), but for us living somewhere else, the story might be different because of the service cycle is prolonged with courier/transportation time (customer>YT>component mfg>YT>customer). It takes easily 3-4 weeks to swap parts which is somewhat concern to me because of the summer is short. I don't mean that YT service is good or bad, but the logistics just take time. Having said that, I have unfortunate experience that it does not necessarily speed up things even if you have LBS and distributor in your country. LOL.

Nevertheless, my LBS (in question) service attitude is so good that it might even change the decision towards Ibis. The bike is more than just components. Will see what happens.

Just my 0,02Ä.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Long time reader here, first time poster...
    Last edited by Scoobs; 01-23-2019 at 04:09 PM. Reason: new user - trying to figure out how to add quotes...

mtbr member
    Jan 2019

Stack Reach Top Tube

Similar situation here. I am 6'1", 34" inseam, and currently on a 2017 YT Jeffsy Pro with a reach of 445mm. It's always felt short and the new L looks perfect on paper. However I also land on an XL according to YT's sizing chart, and I've had 3 guys at YT tell me they think I should be on an XL. I've obsessed over geo charts for probably 15 different similar bikes in an attempt to figure things out but am having trouble. I had ordered a L a couple of weeks ago but just changed it to an XL after my 3rd conversation with YT. I love the maneuverability of a smaller bike but also love to ride fast and hard... Just don't want to give up too much playfulness with an XL (1247mm wheelbase in XL vs 1218mm in L). Did you end up canceling your L for an XL? When are you supposed to receive it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
    Similar situation here. I am 6'1", 34" inseam, and currently on a 2017 YT Jeffsy Pro with a reach of 445mm. It's always felt short and the new L looks perfect on paper. However I also land on an XL according to YT's sizing chart, and I've had 3 guys at YT tell me they think I should be on an XL. I've obsessed over geo charts for probably 15 different similar bikes in an attempt to figure things out but am having trouble. I had ordered a L a couple of weeks ago but just changed it to an XL after my 3rd conversation with YT. I love the maneuverability of a smaller bike but also love to ride fast and hard... Just don't want to give up too much playfulness with an XL (1247mm wheelbase in XL vs 1218mm in L). Did you end up canceling your L for an XL? When are you supposed to receive it?
    I did cancel my order for a large but have not reordered. I had ordered the CF Comp because I love the color, though I'm still tempted by the Pro with its more cohesive build kit (looks good too, just not that awesome orange!). The CF Comp shipments are way out in May ...

I'm still debating though. I keep looking at those numbers and seemingly want something right in between the L and XL ...

Not sure what I'll do at this point. If I thought the L would fit close to my L Bronson that's what I'd do, since even on long downhills, I prefer agility over stability.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    I hear you. It's a good point and am glad you brought it up as I forgot to mention it.

The YT service may be superior (in Germany), but for us living somewhere else, the story might be different because of the service cycle is prolonged with courier/transportation time (customer>YT>component mfg>YT>customer). It takes easily 3-4 weeks to swap parts which is somewhat concern to me because of the summer is short. I don't mean that YT service is good or bad, but the logistics just take time. Having said that, I have unfortunate experience that it does not necessarily speed up things even if you have LBS and distributor in your country. LOL.

Nevertheless, my LBS (in question) service attitude is so good that it might even change the decision towards Ibis. The bike is more than just components. Will see what happens.

Just my 0,02Ä.
    You are so right. The LBS will not necessarily get you back on the trail any faster. Actually, you will have one or two additional organizations in the line of communication and maybe you even need to push your LBS to speed things up.
    However, they might be able to offer you some unbureaucratic or interim solution.
    On the other hand, depending on the specific brand the price premium of a bike can be significant, even with a discount from the LBS. I am willing to pay a price premium at the LBS but when it is between 50 and 100% the decision between direct sales model and LBS is tough.;-)

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Lando555 View Post
    You are so right. The LBS will not necessarily get you back on the trail any faster. Actually, you will have one or two additional organizations in the line of communication and maybe you even need to push your LBS to speed things up.
    However, they might be able to offer you some unbureaucratic or interim solution.
    On the other hand, depending on the specific brand the price premium of a bike can be significant, even with a discount from the LBS. I am willing to pay a price premium at the LBS but when it is between 50 and 100% the decision between direct sales model and LBS is tough.;-)
    Absolutely agree. Regarding these issues one might want to look at this thread as well: https://forums.mtbr.com/29er-bikes/j...0-1095201.html

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gui_gui View Post
    Hello Rom3n, I am almost the same size as you and I was wondering between Medium and Large size. Do you know what is your inseam and what is the heigth of your seatpost (= the distance between your Bottom Bracket and the top of your saddle).
    Do you run a 150mm dropper post? It looks from the picture that your Dropper is slammed to the maximum?
    Thanks for your answer!
    My inseam is 30". The 150mm dropper does need to be slammed all the way down on the large for me. Lucky for me in its fully slammed position it is exactly where I like it when fully extended. I actually checked this measurement before buying the large as it is almost the exact same seat tube height as my medium Ransom give or take a few mm which I also run almost all the way slammed with a 150mm dropper. When I saw this I knew the large might be an option. I could easily run a medium on this bike with a longer stem and most likely be happy but the longer reach with shorter stem I have been enjoying testing so far.

On another note one thing that has not been working on my steep, punchy, rocky trails has been the low BB. Even with the addition of shorter 170mm cranks and longer 160mm fork getting up and over some really rocky sections I normally pop over have been more challenging. The lower BB has been nice when blasting corners at high speed but for the next few days im going to test the bike in the higher BB position. The 160mm fork will still allow the HTA to be at 66 deg but to make this bike work for me I need just a little more clearance.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    I did cancel my order for a large but have not reordered. I had ordered the CF Comp because I love the color, though I'm still tempted by the Pro with its more cohesive build kit (looks good too, just not that awesome orange!). The CF Comp shipments are way out in May ...

I'm still debating though. I keep looking at those numbers and seemingly want something right in between the L and XL ...

Not sure what I'll do at this point. If I thought the L would fit close to my L Bronson that's what I'd do, since even on long downhills, I prefer agility over stability.
    I'm exactly in the same boat as you. I have scoured every geo figure and recommended size charts for every single bike in the Jeffsy's class that I'd have any interest in and even one's I that I don't in an attempt to try and get the most comprehensive and objective view of what size I should be on. Like you, I always end up feeling like I want something right in between the L and XL. I finally decided to just commit to the XL and the "new school" thinking on geo and see what happens. If I stuck with the L I'm sure I'd be happy with it as it is significantly longer than my current 2017 Jeffsy CF Pro (L) and my 2017 Norco Sight C7 (L). However, I'd always wonder if I was leaving some performance on the table. By going with the recommended XL I guess I will find out for sure. Hoping it will be an "ahh ha!" moment and the stars will align and I'll realize that I've always "shorted" myself by riding too small of bikes. If it ends up feeling to big and not maneuverable enough, then I'll always know that my sweet spot is a little smaller and I won't have to wonder anymore! I should be receiving my XL in late Feb, so I'll follow up with my thoughts then...

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Also, I'm getting the Pro Race. A couple more reasons why I am optimistic about the XL is that the effective top tube length of the 2019 L is actually shorter than my super short 2017 Jeffsy by 11mm due to the steep seat angle, while it's almost identical on the XL. The XL also has the same length chain stays as my 2017, so its really just stretching out in front by a whopping 69mm but preserving the same seated riding position. So jumping on it should feel very familiar and comfortable due to the ETT being basically the same, bu I'm guessing I'll feel much more "in" the bike than "on" it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Received a shipping notification today. No estimated delivery date yet. If it actually leaves their warehouse today I should have it Monday!

mtbr member
    My inseam is 30". The 150mm dropper does need to be slammed all the way down on the large for me. Lucky for me in its fully slammed position it is exactly where I like it when fully extended. I actually checked this measurement before buying the large as it is almost the exact same seat tube height as my medium Ransom give or take a few mm which I also run almost all the way slammed with a 150mm dropper. When I saw this I knew the large might be an option. I could easily run a medium on this bike with a longer stem and most likely be happy but the longer reach with shorter stem I have been enjoying testing so far.

On another note one thing that has not been working on my steep, punchy, rocky trails has been the low BB. Even with the addition of shorter 170mm cranks and longer 160mm fork getting up and over some really rocky sections I normally pop over have been more challenging. The lower BB has been nice when blasting corners at high speed but for the next few days im going to test the bike in the higher BB position. The 160mm fork will still allow the HTA to be at 66 deg but to make this bike work for me I need just a little more clearance.
    Which dropper do you have?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Received a shipping notification today. No estimated delivery date yet. If it actually leaves their warehouse today I should have it Monday!

Just an FYI, mine was schedule for delivery on Monday and ended up arriving the Friday before.
    Best. Weekend. Ever.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Just an FYI, mine was schedule for delivery on Monday and ended up arriving the Friday before.
    Best. Weekend. Ever.
    One can only hope :-)

mtbr member
    Which dropper do you have?

Fox

mtbr member
    Aug 2017

I run mine in the high position with the flip chip, works great for me.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Thinking of running 160mm fork on Jeffsy. What the risk-reward? Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Baird View Post
    I run mine in the high position with the flip chip, works great for me.
    It helps with adding clearance for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan610 View Post
    Thinking of running 160mm fork on Jeffsy. What the risk-reward? Thanks
    Im running one and see no issues.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Since on the fox website the fox 36 with grid 2 damper for 29" doesn't exist with 150mm, maybe the fork on the jeffsy is a 160mm with a travel reducer. Anyone can confirm that? Just exciting to get mine.

Edit: Ok i didn't notice the new fox's doesn't allow us to adjust travel, so maybe just need to swap the airshaft and is done if you need to put it at 160mm.

mtbr member
    Itís just a simple air shaft swap.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Itís just a simple air shaft swap.
    As someone who's only worked on RockShox products, are Fox any more/less difficult to service?
    Any special tools?
    Can I buy service kits as easily as I can for RockShox?

I've put zero miles on the bike yet, but want to start gathering anything I may need for my first service at the end of the season.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Anyone who have the new bike can tell me which tools, accessories and other stuff that comes with the bike (pro race version). Things like suspension tokens, cassete tools, tubeless valves, pedals... If possible a photo will be nice

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by swilsonsantos View Post
    Anyone who have the new bike can tell me which tools, accessories and other stuff that comes with the bike (pro race version). Things like suspension tokens, cassete tools, tubeless valves, pedals... If possible a photo will be nice
    It comes with some cheap plastic flats and the usual reflectors required by law.

Also comes with a shock pump, large allen wrench, I assume for pedals, and a t-bar style torque wrench with interchangeable allens and torx bits.
    The torque wrench lasted long enough to assemble the bike, but I wouldn't rely on it.

No tubeless valves.
    No tokens.
    No cassette tools.

RJJ
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    It comes with some cheap plastic flats and the usual reflectors required by law.

Also comes with a shock pump, large allen wrench, I assume for pedals, and a t-bar style torque wrench with interchangeable allens and torx bits.
    The torque wrench lasted long enough to assemble the bike, but I wouldn't rely on it.

No tubeless valves.
    No tokens.
    No cassette tools.
    Thank you, that is helpful. I am looking at the Pro Race, with the E*THIRTEEN TRS Race Carbon crankset, which I think needs a special tool for the chainring, and I was wondering if that is included.

R

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by RJJ View Post
    Thank you, that is helpful. I am looking at the Pro Race, with the E*THIRTEEN TRS Race Carbon crankset, which I think needs a special tool for the chainring, and I was wondering if that is included.

R
    I have the same bike. It does not come with any specialty tools.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Can pick that E13 tool for $15 on eBay just snagged one up.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by RJJ View Post

R
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlate79 View Post
    Can pick that E13 tool for $15 on eBay just snagged one up.
    I believe this is the one
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/e-13-Crank-...GE06:rk:8:pf:0

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    My new Candy Red Jeffsy CF Pro 29 arrived this morning. Shipping took just under a week from YT in Germany to my house in the Netherlands. Will start construction this evening!

Canít wait to give it a ride this weekend!

mtbr member
    My new Candy Red Jeffsy CF Pro 29 arrived this morning. Shipping took just under a week from YT in Germany to my house in the Netherlands. Will start construction this evening!

Canít wait to give it a ride this weekend!
    Awesome, take pics, make notes and have fun!

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    I've contact invisiframe to check when they will make the protection kit and it seems to be already in progress. Maybe in a couple of weeks we should have something for the new jeffsy (atleast for 29" Carbon Large).

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Great! Same as I ordered. Looking forward to pics and review

mtbr member
    I've contact invisiframe to check when they will make the protection kit and it seems to be already in progress. Maybe in a couple of weeks we should have something for the new jeffsy (atleast for 29" Carbon Large).

I did mine with 3m clear bra, or paint protection. Its for the front end of cars and trucks. I Ordered a small roll 2.5 inch wide, and the cost for the whole bike was about $20 . Works good, just cut it it to fit. My wife is meticulous with that stuff so I cut it out and she did the clean and application on mine. Still have a little left over to replace the small areas for cable and foot rub places. The stuff put on by YT seems like it won't last long.
    I don't always listen to slayer, but when I do so do the neighbors.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 2obscura View Post
    I did mine with 3m clear bra, or paint protection. Its for the front end of cars and trucks. I Ordered a small roll 2.5 inch wide, and the cost for the whole bike was about $20 . Works good, just cut it it to fit. My wife is meticulous with that stuff so I cut it out and she did the clean and application on mine. Still have a little left over to replace the small areas for cable and foot rub places. The stuff put on by YT seems like it won't last long.
    Yes i was also looking for that solution as well if they didn't provide the kit. On my current bike i didn't put nothing, and it would be a big difference if i did this when i bought it. Just 1 month after, i get a nail stuck on my tyre and it chips a bit of paint in the seat stay.

I come from a Orbea Rallon R3 - 2010 (26" wheels and 150mm front and back) i'm hoping find a big difference to the YT, especially on the climbs, because downhill i know it will be a beast

mtbr member
    Dec 2018

New 2019 Jeffsy 29"

I received my 29er CF Pro on Thursday and have it ready for its maiden voyage tomorrow. I bedded in the brakes this afternoon but itís been raining incessantly so skipped the first ride.

Itís a real beast of a bike. The 800mm bars are huge. Fit and finish is first rate. I am only questioning the rubber chainstay protection which is attached using some kind of adhesive that isnít super strong. Some of the edges were letting go out of the box. Weíll see how low it lasts.

I mounted Bontrager XR4 on the front and XR3 in the rear as most of my domestic/local riding is hardpack and fast. Tubeless went fine. Iím running 2.4 front and rear and I think that 2.5, maybe 2.6 would work in terms of clearance. Probably depends on the model though.
    I also transferred my favorite saddle from Terry to the Jeffsy. The stock saddle is about 2cm narrower than what Iím used to!

Overall super happy and looking forward to taking it for a ride tomorrow!

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    I received my 29er CF Pro on Thursday and have it ready for its maiden voyage tomorrow. I bedded in the brakes this afternoon but itís been raining incessantly so skipped the first ride.

Itís a real beast of a bike. The 800mm bars are huge. Fit and finish is first rate. I am only questioning the rubber chainstay protection which is attached using some kind of adhesive that isnít super strong. Some of the edges were letting go out of the box. Weíll see how low it lasts.

I mounted Bontrager XR4 on the front and XR3 in the rear as most of my domestic/local riding is hardpack and fast. Tubeless went fine. Iím running 2.4 front and rear and I think that 2.5, maybe 2.6 would work in terms of clearance. Probably depends on the model though.
    I also transferred my favorite saddle from Terry to the Jeffsy. The stock saddle is about 2cm narrower than what Iím used to!

Looks awesome. Jealous. I have same on order but have to wait still a month. What size and can dropper be completely slammed. I have a 170 mm dropper im hoping to use.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

I left the E*Thirteen tires on because I wanted to give them a shot. I'm having a hard time getting them to seal though. Or should I say hold air. They both "popped" onto the rim but don't seem to hold air and will leak down overnight.

No signs of leakage anywhere.

Still haven't been able to take it out though. Trails are a sloppy mess now.

Edit: I'm using Slime Pro with Stan's tubeless valves and the factory E*Thirteen rim tape. I've been using Slime Pro for years in my other bike with great success. Only difference in this setup is my other bike uses Stan's tape.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Edit: I'm using Slime Pro with Stan's tubeless valves and the factory E*Thirteen rim tape. I've been using Slime Pro for years in my other bike with great success. Only difference in this setup is my other bike uses Stan's tape.
    Using Stan's (regular) sealant here. I opted for e13's own tubeless valves which are actually quite nice two piece construction. They also come with a rubber ring that is shaped to match the curvature of the e13 rims internally. Could it be that you are leaky around the valve?

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by kamrider View Post
    Looks awesome. Jealous. I have same on order but have to wait still a month. What size and can dropper be completely slammed. I have a 170 mm dropper im hoping to use.
    Mine came installed with a 150mm dropper (size XL). There's more than enough space for a 170 dropper though. I have the collar raised about 50mm above the clamp. I could proabably even fit a 200mm dropper if such a thing exists!

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Mine came installed with a 150mm dropper (size XL). There's more than enough space for a 170 dropper though. I have the collar raised about 50mm above the clamp. I could proabably even fit a 200mm dropper if such a thing exists!
    Hello @mfacey
    Can you tell me how many stops do you have on your dropper post? I also received my jeffsy CF Pro, and I only have 3 stops on the post : full drop, full extension and somewhere on the middle.
    I asked the support of YT but they told me that it was the the case for the last version of the dropper post. Is it the same for you?
    Thx

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    I did a quick check in the weekend and it appeared to be fully extended, fully compressed or middle.
    I really donít like the feel of my dropper remote. Itís really tough to move and sounds like ďcrunching plasticĒ when I push it. Is yourís like that too?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Using Stan's (regular) sealant here. I opted for e13's own tubeless valves which are actually quite nice two piece construction. They also come with a rubber ring that is shaped to match the curvature of the e13 rims internally. Could it be that you are leaky around the valve?
    Figured out why the rear tire wouldn't hold air. It has a small pinhole in the sidewall.

I did the typical "sloshing" of the sealant when first airing them up but then the bike has been sitting in the basement, waiting for the weather to cooperate.
    I also added another ounce of fluid, since I only put 3oz in originally and they recommend 4. Once I located the pinhole, I believe I've gotten it sealed now.

Probably at least another week before I can ride though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    I did a quick check in the weekend and it appeared to be fully extended, fully compressed or middle.
    I really donít like the feel of my dropper remote. Itís really tough to move and sounds like ďcrunching plasticĒ when I push it. Is yourís like that too?

I did not have the opportunity to ride it in real MTB conditions, but the feel of the remote on my parking lot is rather smooth for now.
    When I received it, there was too much tension in the cable and the post did not hold the positions. I loosened it and now it feels better.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by gui_gui View Post
    I did not have the opportunity to ride it in real MTB conditions, but the feel of the remote on my parking lot is rather smooth for now.
    When I received it, there was too much tension in the cable and the post did not hold the positions. I loosened it and now it feels better.
    Ah maybe thatís it! Iíll give it a try. Thanks for the tip.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Is the paint gloss or matte finish?

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmike View Post
    Is the paint gloss or matte finish?
    Itís matte red.

mtbr member
    It really does look nice.

Looking forward to hearing feedback as more people buy and ride the bike.

I have a few months before riding season so can take my time (unless the bikes sell out again).

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Been out for two decent rides so far (in between the incessant rain...). Overall Iím really enjoying the bike. Did some longish climbs as well as some short techy climbs and my impression is that it climbs just as well as my hardtail.
    I still need to mess with the suspension setup but itís compliant and reasonably sensitive.

Iíve to tinker with the derailleur setup after both rides. I had to loosen the tension quite a bit after ride #1 and still had a bit of difficult shifting yesterday. I did some more fine tuning on the shifter barrel which hopefully has now resolved it.

Iím thinking about swapping out the 34T front chainring for a 32T/30T but Iím struggling to find what I need. What are the correct specs for this crank and BB setup? Anybody care to weigh in?

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Is this the right model chainring to fit the CF Pro?
    https://www.bike-components.de/en/SR...-Eagle-p55847/

mtbr member
    Iíve to tinker with the derailleur setup after both rides. I had to loosen the tension quite a bit after ride #1 and still had a bit of difficult shifting yesterday. I did some more fine tuning on the shifter barrel which hopefully has now resolved it.

Iím thinking about swapping out the 34T front chainring for a 32T/30T but Iím struggling to find what I need.
    Sram ders MUST have the "B" tension set in spec or you will be chasing your tail with shifting issues. What most do not understand is that you take the reading with the bike SAGGED at riding position! I check how much sag by sitting on bike to move o-ring and then just let the air out of the shock and place the stroke at that position. THEN measure the pulley distance and adjust B tension screw to get in limits; no more shifting issues (provided your hi and lo stops are proper).

Have FUN!

G MAN

PS - I would get a Sram DUB 32t oval ring if it were me.
    PSS - How does the bike jump? Poppiness/Playfulness for boosting air off of trail features? Balance in air?
    Last edited by Gman086; 02-10-2019 at 03:17 PM.
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

what a joke
    Looking at getting the CF Pro in XXL. Just wondering if anyone has an XXL they could provide a few actual measurements with a tape measure. I'm coming off a 2013 Anthem 29er and just wanted to compare.

For those that do have 2019 in any size. How do they climb? I spend as much time climbing as descending.
    blah blah blah

mtbr member
    Been out for two decent rides so far (in between the incessant rain...). Overall Iím really enjoying the bike. Did some longish climbs as well as some short techy climbs and my impression is that it climbs just as well as my hardtail.
    I still need to mess with the suspension setup but itís compliant and reasonably sensitive.
    Are you happy with the XL? I think you're well into the XL range on their size chart.

Hoping others around 6'1" / 185cm will check in on sizing.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    I have a L and i'm 181cm, its longer than i'm used to, but it's a very comfortable position. I didn't ride it too much, but it seems to climb very well, but since i'm not used to 29er neither long bikes It's hard do pop the wheel of the ground... Just need some practice and relearn everything again. I was not very good wheeling or manual on the 26 so now, with a 29er, it seems impossible.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    I should be receiving my pro race in XL tomorrow. I'm 6'1" and wrestled with the choice as I'm used to shorter bikes (currently on a 2017 L Jeffsy), but size chart and guys I spoke with at YT all pushed me to an XL. I'll post thoughts once it's built up, but I won't be doing any real riding for a while since it's dumping snow outside right now...
    Are you happy with the XL? I think you're well into the XL range on their size chart.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018

Really comfortable for me. Iím 1m91cm but with relatively short legs, I have a 33Ē inseam. My saddle is a quite a long way up so you should be fine from that perspective. The bike is longer than Iím used to but really doesnít feel ungainly in any way. Still getting used to the 800mm bars though!

mtbr member
    I'm 178cm, and would lean towards a Medium.

Maybe I should demo something longer...to get an idea of the 474 reach of the Large Jeffsy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New 2019 Jeffsy 29"-jeffsy.png  

mtbr member

Maybe I should demo something longer...to get an idea of the 474 reach of the Large Jeffsy.
    I don't know if you're close enough, but here's the dates of YT's "Rolling Circus" for 2019 where you can demo various sizes:

https://us.yt-industries.com/shopwar...&emotionId=353

mtbr member
    I have a L and i'm 181cm, its longer than i'm used to, but it's a very comfortable position. I didn't ride it too much, but it seems to climb very well, but since i'm not used to 29er neither long bikes It's hard do pop the wheel of the ground... Just need some practice and relearn everything again. I was not very good wheeling or manual on the 26 so now, with a 29er, it seems impossible.
    That's good info! I'm only 4cm taller than you.

I should be receiving my pro race in XL tomorrow. I'm 6'1" and wrestled with the choice as I'm used to shorter bikes (currently on a 2017 L Jeffsy), but size chart and guys I spoke with at YT all pushed me to an XL. I'll post thoughts once it's built up, but I won't be doing any real riding for a while since it's dumping snow outside right now...
    Nice, looking forward to hearing what you think, but I'm in the same boat, won't be riding weather for quite some time (June).

YT support also recommended an XL for me, btw.

Really comfortable for me. Iím 1m91cm but with relatively short legs, I have a 33Ē inseam. My saddle is a quite a long way up so you should be fine from that perspective. The bike is longer than Iím used to but really doesnít feel ungainly in any way. Still getting used to the 800mm bars though!
    My current bike came with 800mm bars. I tried to like them, but swapped them for 760mm bars and it felt like coming home.

Cool, yeah, might be a good idea if you can swing it!

I think the next chance I'll have for a YT demo will be toward the end of summer.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    CF Pro Race, XL. Arrived about 2 weeks ahead of schedule! Much different than my last experience in 2017 when I had to wait more than 6 months with multiple delays... Seems they've got their sh*t together much better now. I'll follow up once its built with initial fit impressions...New 2019 Jeffsy 29"-57167932253__5c8d19e0-5f32-4125-abf7-a78af63e162e.jpg
    Last edited by Scoobs; 02-12-2019 at 10:41 AM. Reason: trying to upload picture

mtbr member
    That sure is a tiny trail dog!

Name:	57167932253__5C8D19E0-5F32-4125-ABF7-A78AF63E162E.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	284.5 KB 
ID:	1237896
    Makes me think of that video of the MTBer chasing the badger.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    New 2019 Jeffsy 29"-img_4953.jpgNew 2019 Jeffsy 29"-img_4956.jpg

Livingroom test says the XL is very comfortable. Seated reach with the stock 50mm stem feels very similar to my 2017 Jeffsy with a 60mm stem. Definitely more bike out in front of me though, although I have demoed several bikes over the last couple of years with a similar extended feel and have enjoyed them on the trail. Time will tell whether enough of the playfulness of my 2017 remains, but I'm sure this thing will crush the descents...

It also feels noticably more over the pedals due to the seat angle so I anticipate climbing positioning to be ideal.

mtbr member

Name:	IMG_4953.jpg 
Views:	1061 
Size:	284.7 KB 
ID:	1237937Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4956.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	260.8 KB 
ID:	1237934

Livingroom test says the XL is very comfortable. Seated reach with the stock 50mm stem feels very similar to my 2017 Jeffsy with a 60mm stem. Definitely more bike out in front of me though, although I have demoed several bikes over the last couple of years with a similar extended feel and have enjoyed them on the trail. Time will tell whether enough of the playfulness of my 2017 remains, but I'm sure this thing will crush the descents...

It also feels noticably more over the pedals due to the seat angle so I anticipate climbing positioning to be ideal.
    Great info, thanks! That bike does look long.

Thanks for posting the side by side. Would be awesome to actually see you seated on both just like that.

Your 2017 is a large right?

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Nice ride! Please let us know how it rides. I'm specifically interested in knowing (like you mentioned) if the pop and playfulness is still there compared to your 2017.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Great info, thanks! That bike does look long.

Thanks for posting the side by side. Would be awesome to actually see you seated on both just like that.

Your 2017 is a large right?
    Yes the 2017 is a L. I'll see if I can get my wife to take a pic with me on them soon for comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by doema View Post
    Nice ride! Please let us know how it rides. I'm specifically interested in knowing (like you mentioned) if the pop and playfulness is still there compared to your 2017.

As all reviews for the old model have noted, the 2017 is very playful and poppy. I love it with the CC coil IL - really smooths out the chatter and provides much better sensitivity and traction without any noticeable loss in support or pop. The fork is extended to 150 and has a Vorsprung luftkappe airspring installed which really helps compliment the rear. Hoping the new one will retain at least some of that playful nature, but I'm also realistic - it's a much longer bike so I'm not expecting miracles. I am hoping for stellar climbing performance and bomber descending capabilities with an agile and somewhat playful nature... Once I can get out of the snow and do a little road trip south I'll report back with my findings...

mtbr member
    Has anyone with the new 2019 model tried a different shock other than the DPX2?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Iím 7 or 8 rides in and my e13 dropper is no longer fully extending without needing a nudge. It goes up 70-80% of the way when I push the lever and the last bit needs help.

My seat post is properly torqued so thatís not it. Anybody else having this issue? Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Iím 7 or 8 rides in and my e13 dropper is no longer fully extending without needing a nudge. It goes up 70-80% of the way when I push the lever and the last bit needs help.

My seat post is properly torqued so thatís not it. Anybody else having this issue? Any suggestions?
    That's definitely not optimal.

Is this the same version as on previous Jeffsy's? Maybe there have been issues/fixes discussed with that version.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I had an issue with a different dropper on my 2017 Jeffsy, same basic thing. I emailed YT, and it turns out it's a simple routine maintenance thing to fix.
    Email them, it may be something similar, and if it isn't they can tell you what to do.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I had an issue with a different dropper on my 2017 Jeffsy, same basic thing. I emailed YT, and it turns out it's a simple routine maintenance thing to fix.
    Email them, it may be something similar, and if it isn't they can tell you what to do.
    I would have thought e13 had this fixed. My 2017 had the same problem and they sent me a retrofit spring. Iíd reach directly out to e13 and they should set you up.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I had read here about the droppers on the 2017's doing this, and them getting replaced, so I originally emailed them thinking i needed to start the replacement process. It turns out every now and again you just need to tighten up the cable barrel adjuster, fully depress and "bottom out" the lever, hold it for a few seconds, and release. Reset cable tension properly, and good to go. I guess they figured this out after replacing earlier ones.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    I had read here about the droppers on the 2017's doing this, and them getting replaced, so I originally emailed them thinking i needed to start the replacement process. It turns out every now and again you just need to tighten up the cable barrel adjuster, fully depress and "bottom out" the lever, hold it for a few seconds, and release. Reset cable tension properly, and good to go. I guess they figured this out after replacing earlier ones.
    Tried this but no dice. Still weak and getting stuck 75% of the way up. I unscrewed the collar and my impression is that the seal on the collar is very stiff. It needs quite a bit of "push" to move it. I've tried applying a little Fork Juice (from Juice Lubes) which smoothed things out a bit, but doesn't resolve the issue.

Just to clarify, I've read a lot about issues on the 2017/2018 e13 droppers. They are particularly susceptible to bad weather. My Jeffsy hasn't seen any rain yet, and its been a bit cold but nothing crazy (ranging from 4-14 Celsius).
    Maybe e13 still hasn't fixed the spring issue, or YT is still supplying OEM droppers suffering from this problem. We'll see how YT responds to my warranty request.

Here's the video I sent to YT:
    https://youtu.be/c-L-im2zyzY

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    By the way, the CF Pro that I am running is a real pleasure to ride. I've done reasonably choppy downhide riding with techy sections and it makes me feel like a hero. Climbing is also excellent. I really don't notice a bit reduction in ability from my old hard tail.

Besides the dropper, I've been doing some adjustments on the rear mech. I adjusted the b-gap which was off by a few mm, and I've had to mess with the shifter cable tension to get smooth shifts. It's not perfect yet, but pretty close. Sometimes i wonder if the derailleur hanger isn't perfectly straight as I can't seem to get it just right. But I'll continue to tinker.

I've noticed a small squeek every now and then when I'm running in the large cogs. I suspect its in the crank/BB, and I only hear it when I'm putting pressure at low speeds heading up hill. I need to pull the cranks apart to see if there is some grease necessary.

Two purely cosmetic things:
    1. The rubber "bungs" where the cables enter the frame all manage to work their way out during each ride. A bit annoying.
    2. The rubber-clad chainstay will not stay white. Its dirty from a bit of chain muck and needs to be scrubbed to get it back to normal. I've also noticed that the end of the protector, close to the chain ring isn't stuck on properly, so dirt collects there.

Finally, I replaced the stock ODI grips with Ergon GA2 Fat grips. And installed my Terry saddle to replace the stock YT one.

So there's a few niggles, but I love the bike. Its a beast and a real pleasure to ride!

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

I have a 2018 Jeffsy and I had the exact same problem as you right out of the box. I contacted YT and they immediately told me I needed to contact E13 so I did. E13 told me this was a problem with the 2017 and some 2018 models and said a stiffer spring would do the trick so they sent one to me, no hassle. I easily installed it and had the same issue. contacted E13 again and they told me the dropper its self was probably defective so they send me a whole new dropper, thing has been the bees knees, no issues at all. I sent them my old one back and, great service and issue solved, happy customer.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    I reached out to e13 directly yesterday after hearing back from YT that that was their recommendation. Hope itís a painless fix. Wouldnít want to have to park up my Jeffsy for a few weeks waiting for a replacement dropper...

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Pulled the trigger on a CF-Pro, should arrive this week. Super excited. Really was bouncing back and forth between the Pro-Race and the Pro. I wanted the 150mm Fox Factory travel but not the E*13/Shimano mix drive train.

What do you guys think of running a 150mm Fox 36 on the CF-Pro and leaving the rear at 140mm? As you know, the stock geometry is designed around 150/150 (Pro-Race) or 140/140 (CF-Pro) Do you guys think running 150/140 mess up the bike at all?

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Pulled the trigger on a CF-Pro, should arrive this week. Super excited. Really was bouncing back and forth between the Pro-Race and the Pro. I wanted the 150mm Fox Factory travel but not the E*13/Shimano mix drive train.

What do you guys think of running a 150mm Fox 36 on the CF-Pro and leaving the rear at 140mm? As you know, the stock geometry is designed around 150/150 (Pro-Race) or 140/140 (CF-Pro) Do you guys think running 150/140 mess up the bike at all?
    Interesting... Sorry to ask but why not XTR/e13 drive train?

Having 10mm longer fork front slackens the HA and rises BB. You can also have more sag on it so the net effect is marginal, IMHO. You may also ask CS about it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Not a fan of mixing drive trains. From my experience it's just not as good as a 100% matchy matchy drivetrain. There's a few mentions of the same in the reviews of this bike.

Also I have 12 spd Sram drivetrains and drivetrain parts so swapping and changes are so much easier than having a "red headed step child" 11 spd in my quiver.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I reached out to e13 directly yesterday after hearing back from YT that that was their recommendation. Hope itís a painless fix. Wouldnít want to have to park up my Jeffsy for a few weeks waiting for a replacement dropper...

I was having a problem getting my rear tire to hold air after converting to tubeless. I discovered a pinhole in the sidewall of the tire (brand new bike, never even ridden yet) and e13 sent me a replacement tire. Granted, it wasn't the exact same tire that's on the bike (new design on the bike, old design sent), but I'm very happy with their customer service.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    I got a pretty quick reply from e13 customer service today. Not super happy with the proposed solution for the dropper though. Hereís what they wrote to me:

ďmany thanks for the message and attached video.
    I am sorry for that kind of trouble with your seat post. For sure we will support you to get a solution as fast as possible.

The noises on your trigger sound like the cable is just a little bit too long. It would be great, if you can remove the lever and plastic cap from your trigger and check the produding cable. To shorten it schould already solve the problem.

For the extending problem you could solve very eays too, by your own. In the following linke you will see in step 10 the inner pillar from your seat post.
    https://support.bythehive.com/hc/en-...ce-Disassembly
    If you turn that lower part for 180į the problem should be solved too.

If the diassembly of your seat post is not a option for you, please just let us know and we will find an other solution for you. But that would be the fastest.

Best regardsĒ

I donít have a vise or strap wrench. I probably should have those but the solution just strikes me as weird... Iíve looked at the guide but canít understand how rotating the part 180 degrees will help...

mtbr member

I reckon the 10mm difference will make it even nicer to ride if you ride steeper stuff. The loss in STA will be minimal but the .5degree slacker on the HA would prob feel great.

I have no intention of running the Pro Race I ordered as anything other than 160mm/150mm. Same think I did with my Sight, went for 150mm/130mm and suits me much better than 140mm

Re drivetrain, I'll probably end up with SRAM XO1 on it instead of XTR/E13... although it's a hard choice.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I got a pretty quick reply from e13 customer service today. Not super happy with the proposed solution for the dropper though.
    I don't have those tools either. I agree, I'd rather they just shipped a new one. Even then, I've never installed a dropper, I might not have the tools for that.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I donít have a vise or strap wrench. I probably should have those but the solution just strikes me as weird... Iíve looked at the guide but canít understand how rotating the part 180 degrees will help...
    If you have a Harbor Freight near you, a pair of strap wrenches are $5.00. Even a vise from them is fairly cheap.
    They're also nice to have when servicing the rear shocks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    If you have a Harbor Freight near you, a pair of strap wrenches are $5.00. Even a vise from them is fairly cheap.
    They're also nice to have when servicing the rear shocks.
    Nearest Harbor Freight is 4000 miles away :-)

I can get the tools cheap but I donít want to just for the sake of fixing a dropper that shouldnít be defective in the first place.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I don't know what I'd do without Harbor Freight for cheap tools, although I assume you have something similar wherever you're located.

I can get the tools cheap but I donít want to just for the sake of fixing a dropper that shouldnít be defective in the first place.
    True, which is why I had them warranty the tire. Just throwing it out there in case you didn't want to wait.
    I couldn't ride anyway, so I just waited for the tire. Otherwise I would've patched it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Happy to report that e13 is sending me a new dropper post today. Hopefully all will be sorted!

Great service from e13 by the way. Offered me a quick fix-it-yourself solution but getting it replaced wasnít a problem. Theyíre even sending me a new one first and I use the box to send back the faulty post.

Happy days!

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Well my Jeffsy showed up today. Has anyone else had this problem with the paint?
    New 2019 Jeffsy 29"-img_1384.jpg New 2019 Jeffsy 29"-img_1383.jpg

mtbr member
    Yes, seen it a few times before. YT usually gives you the option of returning it and exchanging it for another one. Or they give you a cash discount.

Here's one on Pinkbike that happened in January:

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listc...699&pagenum=65

Look about a quarter way down. The post by Dr-YTMTB

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Why the heck do the ship these with the chain installed?

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jasondbikes View Post
    Why the heck do the ship these with the chain installed?

No idea also found another spot where the rear thru-axle makes contact with the frame. Not super happy

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Think you might have been unlucky with the chain placement. Mine came out in perfect condition...

mtbr member
    Has anyone seen a more in-depth review of the 2019 Jeffsy 29er anywhere? I keep waiting for one to drop.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Received my new dropper from E13. Works like a charm. Letís hope it stays that way in the long run. Overall pretty happy with the service from YT and E13 on this one.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Here are some initial pics. We still have snow and ice on trails here, so her maiden voyage will be done later.

Swapped rear tyre to E13 SS. I will change factory pedals to XTR trails and apply Invisiframe.

mtbr member
    Here are some initial pics. We still have snow and ice on trails here, so her maiden voyage will be done later.

Swapped rear tyre to E13 SS. I will change factory pedals to XTR trails and apply Invisiframe.
    Looks good! I need to watch a video on someone applying the frame protection, I'd like to do that for my next bike.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Have to let us know your thoughts on E13 SS. Have been thinking about ordering one.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Some pics of my CF-Pro with some mods.

Nicknamed by my riding buddies as "Buster Scruggs"

New 2019 Jeffsy 29"-image2.jpgNew 2019 Jeffsy 29"-image1.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlate79 View Post
    Have to let us know your thoughts on E13 SS. Have been thinking about ordering one.
    Sure, in case I remember ;-)

mtbr member
    May 2015

New 2019 Jeffsy 29"

Looks good! I need to watch a video on someone applying the frame protection, I'd like to do that for my next bike.
    I've done several bikes with Invisiframe. Typically at some point during the applying, I wonder why in heck do I do this... LOL. Well, I have saved at least my fatbike's chain stay with the vinyl.

Anyways, the Invisiframe kits are quite nice and the customer service top notch. The kit comes with a part legend (or map of pieces) so you don't need to guess which part goes where. You just need to figure out the orientation. The cutting is first class meaning that the tolerances are quite small between adjacent parts.

Watch the video and you get the idea. It takes 2-3 hours to do the fitting. The time varies depending on the bike, the fitter (thatís you) and how pedant you are...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I've done several bikes with Invisiframe. Typically at some point during the applying, I wonder why in heck do I do this... LOL. Well, I have saved at least my fatbike's chain stay with the vinyl.

Anyways, the Invisiframe kits are quite nice and the customer service top notch. The kit comes with a part legend (or map of pieces) so you don't need to guess which part goes where. You just need to figure out the orientation. The cutting is first class meaning that the tolerances are quite small between adjacent parts.

Watch the video and you get the idea. It takes 2-3 hours to do the fitting. The time varies depending on the bike, the fitter (thatís you) and how pedant you are...
    I bought the kit for my CF Pro Race but haven't installed it yet. Good info here though.

Do you know if any disassembly of the pivots is required, or can it usually be installed with everything fully assembled?

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I bought the kit for my CF Pro Race but haven't installed it yet. Good info here though.

Do you know if any disassembly of the pivots is required, or can it usually be installed with everything fully assembled?
    I'll finish mine today so after that I can tell you. Typically the installations haven't required any disassembly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast