Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2018

New 2019 Jeffsy 29"

The new Jeffsy was released and is now on their website. $5700 seems to be a nice price point with the components they are offering. It only comes with a 2.35 tire front and rear, does anyone know if a wider tire will be able to fit? Like a 2.5 or 2.6

mtbr member
    somewhere in first few reviews i read carbon ones come with aluminum stays. is that true? they all look like carbon to me on the website for all carbon models.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    A 2.35 E13 tire is about the same was a Minion 2.5WT. A Rekon 2.6 doesnít look any wider either, really.

Danger Zone
    Quote Originally Posted by brankulo View Post
    somewhere in first few reviews i read carbon ones come with aluminum stays. is that true? they all look like carbon to me on the website for all carbon models.
    The CF Comp (orange/blue) model has an aluminum rear triangle.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Am I missing something or is the base AL the same frame as last year? No new geo for aluminum?

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Correct. Iíd assume it will be coming later in the year.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Hmmm---the large and xl ETT are near the old model and the reach is way longer.
    On the old bike the large was simply too compact sitting on ETT so I would have gone XL except the seat post as we are aware was too long to run a 150 dropper.

With the new bike the ETT again pushes me to an XL to be comfortable pedaling but that near 500 reach is too much for me I suspect. But the large has a nice 474 reach------would need to test but I suspect the bike will not work for me-----bit of a downer.

I am 6 foot with a 34.4 inseam----so long legs and a short torso---+1 ape factor--

thoughts????

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Remember that 474 reach is going to feel like a lot less than that with the steeper seat tube angle keeping you farther forward over the bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleOn View Post
    Am I missing something or is the base AL the same frame as last year? No new geo for aluminum?
    Then the full aluminum Jeffsey AL Base drops in with a $2300 / 2300Ä price tag featuring the three-year old, unchanged geometry of the original Jeffsey. The base is all about keeping costs down so it doesnít evolve with the carbon bikes,........
    https://bikerumor.com/2019/01/11/chr...ey-trail-bike/

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    The way they couldn't spell "Jeffsey" correctly throughout that entire write-up was a bit annoying.

Loving the ember orange though.

mtbr member
    I thought I checked the size chart before ordering, but I think at 6'1" the large is probably not the right choice. Canceling the order, plan to order the XL, even though every previous bike I've had has been large (currently ride a large Bronson).

I rode an XL Ripmo and it seemed to be the right fit. Based on the geo numbers, the new 2019 Jeffsy 29er would likely have a similar fit.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    camstyn---I do not think the seat tube angle has any relevance to reach---reach is from bottom bracket to steer tube and is a good measure for standing--but ETT is the measure for sitting and climbing---seat post to steerer. Note when standing the seat tube regardless of angle is out of the way--but the steeper seat tube tends to decrease ETT.

I have seen this confusion many times on these forums and I think generally the thinking is ETT is a good measure for climbing or cockpit room sitting and reach is a good measure for front end length standing---both very useful.

With the YT the Large ETT is to short for me and the reach is nice but the XL is nice ETT but reach is really long for me----be nice to ride one in the coming months to really get a feel.

mtbr member
    I hope it's crystal clear that alloy bikes have the same geo as last years.
    No Bueno YT.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Yea. What gives? New molds for carbon bike, but you canít weld new AL bikes. Weird

They must be pushing the CF bikes in order to make more profit margins.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Five0 View Post
    Could be, or they need time to get the AL fab going, so maybe a later release, or they'll wait a year.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Five0 View Post
    Yea. What gives? New molds for carbon bike, but you canít weld new AL bikes. Weird

It's because the AL is supposed to be a budget model so the idea is don't fix it if it ain't broke. By not having a new AL design, they didn't have to do R and D to figure out what tube thicknesses and such to use because aluminum is a whole other animal compared to carbon. My guess is it will come later on in a year or so as a rolling change kind of deal.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Also that isn't speculation. They've outright said it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    After a quick exchange with YT, I totally don't know what size of the 29er to get. I'm 6'1" (185.4cm). That puts me in XL category. But I'd prefer a more agile vs. more stable bike. I don't go that fast and have been trying to slow down and be a bit more cautious.

I enjoy making turns, leaning the bike, making tight climbs ... maybe I should select a Large. But if I did that, maybe I'd be missing out on some of the advantages of the longer, slacker geo. But then, maybe that's OK!

Comparing to my current 2016 Bronson in L:

Stack Reach Top Tube
    2016 Bronson L 605 445 618
    2019 Jeffsy L 624 474 614
    2019 Jeffsy XL 633 494 637
    Last edited by objectuser; 01-14-2019 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Fixed Bronson numbers

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by objectuser View Post
    After a quick exchange with YT, I totally don't know what size of the 29er to get. I'm 6'1" (185.4cm). That puts me in XL category. But I'd prefer a more agile vs. more stable bike. I don't go that fast and have been trying to slow down and be a bit more cautious.

I enjoy making turns, leaning the bike, making tight climbs ... maybe I should select a Large. But if I did that, maybe I'd be missing out on some of the advantages of the longer, slacker geo. But then, maybe that's OK!

Stack Reach Top Tube
    2016 Bronson L 629 471 632
    From what you said and described, sounds like a large would suit your style.

mtbr member

Stack Reach Top Tube
    i am in the same boat, 6'1-1/2" +/-, not a huge fan of these new long bikes for the same reasons you mentioned. also thinking of going with L.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by brankulo View Post
    i am in the same boat, 6'1-1/2" +/-, not a huge fan of these new long bikes for the same reasons you mentioned. also thinking of going with L.
    Or get an XL and put a 35mm stem on it...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Make sure you account for the STA. It's going to make it feel smaller.
    2019 Yeti SB130
    2018 YT Jeffsy 27.5 AL
    2018 Cervelo R2

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Stack Reach Top Tube
    2016 Bronson only has a 445 reach in large.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by alan1 View Post
    2016 Bronson only has a 445 reach in large.
    Bah, used the wrong numbers (comparing too many things). Thanks, fixing!

mtbr member
    Stack Reach Top Tube
    Those numbers should now be correct.

So the 2019 Jeffsy in L is almost 3cm longer in reach (standing) but 4mm shorter in ETT (sitting). Interesting! The XL would be almost 5cm longer in reach, almost 2cm longer in ETT.

I'm not exactly sure how the XL that would impact climbing since I would still sit more over the BB with the steeper seat tube angle.

mtbr member
    Those numbers should now be correct.

So the 2019 Jeffsy in L is almost 3cm longer in reach (standing) but 4mm shorter in ETT (sitting). Interesting! The XL would be almost 5cm longer in reach, almost 2cm longer in ETT.

I'm not exactly sure how the XL that would impact climbing since I would still sit more over the BB with the steeper seat tube angle.
    ETT, just like reach is measured at stack height.
    Even if two different bikes had the same ETT, but different STA, the one with steeper ST will feel smaller while seated.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I also (sort of) demod a Ripmo in XL. "Sort of" because it was a bike park with some simple dirt trails, not any hard downhills or climbing. Here is a comparison of the Ripmo XL and the Jeffsy.

Stack Reach Top Tube
    2018 Ripmo XL 642 493 655
    2019 Jeffsy 29 L 624 474 614
    2019 Jeffsy 29 XL 633 494 637
    Last edited by objectuser; 01-14-2019 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Added Bronson

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzanova View Post
    ETT, just like reach is measured at stack height.
    Even if two different bikes had the same ETT, but different STA, the one with steeper ST will feel smaller while seated.
    Because of body angle?

mtbr member
    Because of body angle?
    Because of the difference on STA.
    Even if the ETT is the same, if the ST is steeper it will place you more forward compared to the bike with a slacker ST.

Extreme example. The red is steep STA.
    Last edited by jazzanova; 01-14-2019 at 05:04 PM.

mtbr member
    Nice illustration!

Makes sense as long as both are higher than the head tube, I think, since that's the basis for the measurement.

Using the Ripmo as an example, if the seat is inline with the top of the head tube, it would be the same on both bikes since that's the measurement. But if the seat is higher than that then the slacker seat tube will move the seat back farther.

For me on my Bronson this is definitely the case, so excellent!

New 2019 Jeffsy 29"-geo-ripmo-230318.jpg

mtbr member
    Nice illustration!

Makes sense as long as both are higher than the head tube, I think, since that's the basis for the measurement.

Using the Ripmo as an example, if the seat is inline with the top of the head tube, it would be the same on both bikes since that's the measurement. But if the seat is higher than that then the slacker seat tube will move the seat back farther.

For me on my Bronson this is definitely the case, so excellent!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	geo-ripmo-230318.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	1233559
    Another geometry relations for you to obsess over:
    HTA and stack.
    The lower the stack the more spacers under the stem will need to be used in order to get the bars to the desired height/position => it will bring the bars closer to the rider due to the HTA and shorten the "seated reach".
    Of course this can be avoided with higher rise bars, where less spacers will be needed and therefore the bars won't get as close to the rider.
    So basically, 2 bikes with the same reach and ETT, but different stack will in theory feel a little different. The one with lower stack, will have shorter cockpit in order to achieve the same bar height position.
    Also the slacker the HT, the closer the bars will get. These are just mm, but still

mtbr member
    Yup makes sense!

I was wondering if that's why YT uses riser bars but (historically) cuts off the fork tube ...

mtbr member
    Whats interesting is that all the videos I've seen so far, not one has been really very impressed with the updates. I was really hoping for them to knock it out of the park, but so far everyone that's tested the bike in the videos has just been meh about it.. or at least for the CF pro race.
    2019 Yeti SB130
    2018 YT Jeffsy 27.5 AL
    2018 Cervelo R2

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ryano4u View Post
    Whats interesting is that all the videos I've seen so far, not one has been really very impressed with the updates. I was really hoping for them to knock it out of the park, but so far everyone that's tested the bike in the videos has just been meh about it.. or at least for the CF pro race.

All the videos Iíve see say it is a very good bike but maybe not quite as much fun as the previous version. Itís become more allround as opposed to the somewhat flawed (but fun) previous iteration.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfacey View Post
    All the videos Iíve see say it is a very good bike but maybe not quite as much fun as the previous version. Itís become more allround as opposed to the somewhat flawed (but fun) previous iteration.
    I think I saw that in the Singletrack video. For him it might not be as fun of a bike.

I do think everyone has ridden the Pro Race version at the Portugal launch, so it wouldn't apply 100% to the lower spec'd versions (that have shorter forks and might have more of that fun factor).

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpeddler View Post
    The new Jeffsy was released and is now on their website. $5700 seems to be a nice price point with the components they are offering. It only comes with a 2.35 tire front and rear, does anyone know if a wider tire will be able to fit? Like a 2.5 or 2.6
    I asked about this. YT replied "We recommend a maximum tyre width of 2.4" dependent on brand, as we have not tested wider than this on the frames".

I recall seeing an image of rear triangle in one of these reviews and it looked that there was not too much room for wider tyre.
    Last edited by 69Hz; 01-15-2019 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Now the quote is properly there ;-)

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    I haven't seen videos, but the articles I've read they seem pretty stoked on it.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/yt-jef...irst-ride.html

"Descending
    Oh my God, the YT Jeffsy was crazy fast and so much fun on the descents. Itís a playful and lively bike with plenty of pop so you can get as much airtime as you desire or tuck low racer-style and carry warp speed through corners."

Sounds pretty fun!

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by redrhino View Post
    I haven't seen videos, but the articles I've read they seem pretty stoked on it.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/yt-jef...irst-ride.html

"Descending
    Oh my God, the YT Jeffsy was crazy fast and so much fun on the descents. Itís a playful and lively bike with plenty of pop so you can get as much airtime as you desire or tuck low racer-style and carry warp speed through corners."

Sounds pretty fun!
    Here are some video links:
    VitalMTB:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLAwsqbXuNg
    BikeRadar:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVJ055hGdVk
    SingleTrack:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgmtu-BIfR4

Overall, the MKII seems to gain positive evaluations. For me the question mark is still the climbing ability in technical terrain. I still earn the descents... The geo promises good, but the small bump sensitivity, or lack of it, may change this.

I'm pretty close to order one. Just wondering if it is wise to order from the first production lot....

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 69Hz View Post
    I recall seeing an image of rear triangle in one of these reviews and it looked that there was not too much room for wider tyre.
    Took a while to recall where I saw it... So here we go. This is a screen capture from BikeRadar vid:

New 2019 Jeffsy 29"-n%E4ytt%F6kuva-2019-1-16-kello-9.53.35.jpg
    Last edited by 69Hz; 01-16-2019 at 01:10 AM. Reason: source mentioned ;-)

mtbr member
    Thanks 69Hz... I actually had a good conversation with Ace yesterday and he answered a lot of my questions. Nice guy and not pushing the product just being honest. His final thoughts.. "Way Better" in every aspect. From acceleration, cornering, control and climbing. Its fast...
    2019 Yeti SB130
    2018 YT Jeffsy 27.5 AL
    2018 Cervelo R2

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Rear tyre clearance is the only worry I have as well. Otherwise it looks like an amazing bike.

I probably wouldn't ever run anything wider than a 2,35" Schwalbe or a 2,4" WT DHR2 in the back but still wouldn't mind having little extra clearance. Here's a picture from a German mtb magazine and really does look rather tight on the sides. Very good mud clearance on the top of the tyre however. Anyone measured these 2,35" E13 tyres? Someone mentioned above that they are large for their stated widths.

https://foto-thumbnails.mtb-news.de/...luYWwuanBn.jpg

mtbr member
    I should have mine tomorrow and I plan on testing a few different tire sizes.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Rom3n View Post
    Which model?

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Thanks 69Hz... I actually had a good conversation with Ace yesterday and he answered a lot of my questions. Nice guy and not pushing the product just being honest. His final thoughts.. "Way Better" in every aspect. From acceleration, cornering, control and climbing. Its fast...
    No problem! I sent a dozen of emails to their CS, lol. Very friendly and comprehensive replies. Notes that you have SB130... Was originally in the market for that, but couldn't justify the price (in addition to some obvious issues discussed in the forum). Nevertheless, this MKII seems quite good do-it-all bike for my purposes. Another option is Ripmo.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    That 2.35 E13 tire is pretty much identical to a 2.5WT DHF, which is also about the same as a 2.6 Rekon. It will probably fit a 2.8.

mtbr member
    Which model?

Pro Race

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Camstyn View Post
    That 2.35 E13 tire is pretty much identical to a 2.5WT DHF, which is also about the same as a 2.6 Rekon. It will probably fit a 2.8.
    Love how tire widths really donít mean anything depending on the model you get. Doesnít the actual width also depend on the rim inner width?

Speaking of rim width: I was kind of surprised to read that the e13 wheels are listed as 27mm, but if you look on the e13 website the TRS Plus is listed as 30mm (https://bythehive.com/pages/wheelgoods). Has anyone confirmed this with YT?

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Pro Race
    Nice! My Pro ships around Feb 6th according to the YT confirmation. Are they shipping according to the original planning?

mtbr member
    I have a 2.35 TRSr and no way it's as wide as a 2.6 Rekon.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    I have the TRS+ and TRSrís still on the OEM TRS+ wheel set, 2.5WTís on a set of 28mm ID WeAreOne Insiders, 2.6 Rekons on a set of 45mm ID Derbyís, and 2.8 Rekons on 35mm ID Syncros wheels. Iíll mic them all today and post results. Going off of memory the 2.35 through 2.6ís all measured very close to the same but Iíll verify it.

mtbr member
    No problem! I sent a dozen of emails to their CS, lol. Very friendly and comprehensive replies. Notes that you have SB130... Was originally in the market for that, but couldn't justify the price (in addition to some obvious issues discussed in the forum). Nevertheless, this MKII seems quite good do-it-all bike for my purposes. Another option is Ripmo.
    I feel ya. I bought the sb130 before the Jeffsy 27.5 (got it on a late year sale) and its been an eye opening experience to say the least. I really like the SB130 and its had zero issues but the cost associated with it is a big downer and hard to swallow. Its funny that I have a 7k+ bike and a 2k bike sitting next to each other and you pick the 2k bike more for a joy ride.. I think that the sb130 is a fantastic bike for sure and it climbs really great but there is something about the jeffsy that I just can't put my finger on that makes me pick it more.. odd isn't it I may sell the Yeti, I just hate selling a bike and all the things associated with it.
    2019 Yeti SB130
    2018 YT Jeffsy 27.5 AL
    2018 Cervelo R2

mtbr member
    Nice! My Pro ships around Feb 6th according to the YT confirmation. Are they shipping according to the original planning?

I think so, mine was showing in stock when I ordered it and it shipped 2 days later.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Love how tire widths really donít mean anything depending on the model you get. Doesnít the actual width also depend on the rim inner width?

Speaking of rim width: I was kind of surprised to read that the e13 wheels are listed as 27mm, but if you look on the e13 website the TRS Plus is listed as 30mm (https://bythehive.com/pages/wheelgoods). Has anyone confirmed this with YT?

I was also really surprised about this as well. Not a deal breaker, but almost. And because of 29 CF Pro Race webpage says "27,5ď x 28mm | 110x15mm | 148x12mm", which seems like mixed info, I asked their CS about this. I had kind of a naive idea if it would be possible to change the rims to 30mm id (which are specced to Capra). However, the answer from their CS was as follows:

"The CF Pro Race is spec'd with the TRS Race SL wheelset, which are 28mm i.d. and are a lighter weight trail/AM wheel than the wider Enduro wheel spec'd on the CAPRA CF Pro Race. Unfortunately it is not possible to swap components on bikes as they are set builds."

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Ok, here are some specs for those of you concerned about tire fitment.

E13 TRS+ 2.35 mounted on 30mm ID
    61mm wide

DHF 2.5WT mounted on 28mm ID
    59mm wide

Rekon 2.8 mounted on 30mm ID
    64mm

Rekon 2.6 mounted on 40mm ID
    64.4mm

So a Maxxis 2.8 is only 3mm wider than the E13 2.35, and a 2.5WT is about the same or slightly smaller.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Would appreciate if you could give us your initial thoughts on the bike and how it rides (in case you have such conditions).

mtbr member
    Would appreciate if you could give us your initial thoughts on the bike and how it rides (in case you have such conditions).
    For sure, our trail conditions are excellent right now.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    For sure, our trail conditions are excellent right now.
    Great! Ours are excellent also - in case you like fatbiking. Last night got 15cm more snow...

mtbr member
    Great! Ours are excellent also - in case you like fatbiking. Last night got 15cm more snow...
    Ouch! that is not a problem here in Sedona =)

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Ouch! that is not a problem here in Sedona =)
    Most likely and hopefully not

I'd say that the snow it's not a problem here (in Finland) as such. We just need to open the trails with snowshoes first, then heavy riding...

Looking fw to hear your opinion on MKII.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I was also really surprised about this as well. Not a deal breaker, but almost. And because of 29 CF Pro Race webpage says "27,5ď x 28mm | 110x15mm | 148x12mm", which seems like mixed info, I asked their CS about this. I had kind of a naive idea if it would be possible to change the rims to 30mm id (which are specced to Capra). However, the answer from their CS was as follows:

"The CF Pro Race is spec'd with the TRS Race SL wheelset, which are 28mm i.d. and are a lighter weight trail/AM wheel than the wider Enduro wheel spec'd on the CAPRA CF Pro Race. Unfortunately it is not possible to swap components on bikes as they are set builds."
    Not that it's a deal killer, since mine is already on its way, but this would've been nice to know before ordering. The YT site still isn't correct though.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018

Got a reply from YT on the TRS+ wheels. These are OEM wheels and have a 27mm inner width. Weird...
    Oh and they come tubeless ready but without the necessary Presta valves.

mtbr member
    Just got mine and the stock Ethirteen wheels with the 2.35 tire is 63mm wide. My 31mm NOBL TR38's with Maxxis DHF 2.6 is 63mm wide.

mtbr member
    No clearance issues with this one, 29" 2.6 DHF on 31mm wheels.

New 2019 Jeffsy 29"-img_9494.jpg

New 2019 Jeffsy 29"-img_9496.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Just got mine and the stock Ethirteen wheels with the 2.35 tire is 63mm wide. My 31mm NOBL TR38's with Maxxis DHF 2.6 is 63mm wide.
    Interesting. Is the stock wheel id really 27mm or 28mm?

Moblile mail, tyops apoliged.

mtbr member

Name:	IMG_9494.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	172.3 KB 
ID:	1233992

Name:	IMG_9496.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	166.1 KB 
ID:	1233993
    What size frame is it?

mtbr member

Not sure as I have not taken the tires off to measure.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzanova View Post
    What size frame is it?

Large

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    However, the answer from their CS was as follows:

Got a reply from YT on the TRS+ wheels. These are OEM wheels and have a 27mm inner width. Weird...
    Oh and they come tubeless ready but without the necessary Presta valves.

If they are indeed the TRS Race SL wheels, then they are 28mm according to the e-thirteen website.

I also spoke with e-thirteen support about warranty on their YT factory installed parts and was told:

"All of our components on the bike will have full warranty on them through us. Just contact us if anything arises and we will get you sorted. You will just need your original proof of purchase for the bike."

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by hidperf View Post
    If they are indeed the TRS Race SL wheels, then they are 28mm according to the e-thirteen website.

I also spoke with e-thirteen support about warranty on their YT factory installed parts and was told:

"All of our components on the bike will have full warranty on them through us. Just contact us if anything arises and we will get you sorted. You will just need your original proof of purchase for the bike."
    Regarding the rims width it seems to be 28mm id. They have corrected the info in their www-pages:
    "29ď x 28mm | 110x15mm | 148x12mm"

Regarding the warranty I got following information:
    "With most of our component suppliers we will need to bring the product back to our headquarters here either for assessment or to forward directly onto the relevant manufacturer. In some cases, such as with E*13, you can contact them directly and we will often advise this as the fastest course of action to get you back riding. They can often supply direct replacement parts to get customers back riding and speed up the process."

And further:

"Many of our customers also make use of local distributor/service partners for FOX/SRAM/Raceface etc as this can speed up the process, although we cannot cover any shipping or handling costs in these cases."

Just my 2cents. Meanwhile I'm impatiently waiting for Rom3n's riding report

mtbr member
    Mar 2017

Name:	IMG_9494.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	172.3 KB 
ID:	1233992

Name:	IMG_9496.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	166.1 KB 
ID:	1233993
    Very good photos and information, thank you! Looks like there is plenty of clearance for all sorts of tyres then. Also the new Canyon Strive 29 was a bit of a disappointment so I am strongly leaning towards a Jeffsy.

mtbr member
    Rom3n.. get off you arse and post more picks of that bike. I see your wheels on pinkbike and man what a good looking color. Wanna see more..
    2019 Yeti SB130
    2018 YT Jeffsy 27.5 AL
    2018 Cervelo R2

mtbr member
    Tire clearance for me was a concern seeing that the stock tires were 2.35. Now that have some time on 2.6 with cushcore on the Ransom I find that having the option to run them when I want is nice. That was one of the main reasons I did not keep my Yeti Sb130 and Sb150 very long was that anything over the size of a Maxxis 2.4 tire would rub the chainstays. These stock 2.35 TRS tires being as wide as they are would for sure not work on the Yeti's.

On another note the frame is actually more grey than I expected "which is a good thing". The downtube frame guard is well designed and the built in frame protection is well executed and is nice that a bike is actually coming with this installed already. Packing was top notch and all the small details were executed really well.

New 2019 Jeffsy 29"-81723a39-97a5-43de-ae64-204b52bac23a.jpg

mtbr member
    Rom3n.. get off you arse and post more picks of that bike. I see your wheels on pinkbike and man what a good looking color. Wanna see more..
    LOL I am waiting on a couple parts that arrive today to finish the build. I will have some pics tomorrow for sure.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Anyone receiving new 2019 carbons, can you post your weight and what shock PSI you settle on?

I saw on pinkbikeís review that the 155lb editor needed 200psi to get 30% sag. YT recommends 25%. Seems like if this is not an anomaly, this is going to require extremely high pressures and will restrict rider weight like the Capra 29.

Iím a big guy and pushing the limits of rear shocks on most frame designs, itís why I bought a Capra 27 over a 29. Iíd never get 30% sag on a Capra 29. Iím hoping itís not going to be that way for the Jeffsy 29 too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    +1...wanting to hear Rom3n's thought's on how the jeffsy and ransom compare.

mtbr member
    I think it's somewhat the shock. My sb130 with the dpx2 is the same. At 240lbs I have 300psi to get the recommended sag.. plus a token. Found that odd...
    2019 Yeti SB130
    2018 YT Jeffsy 27.5 AL
    2018 Cervelo R2

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I'm curious how it stacks up against the Yeti's he has had.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by badbietz View Post
    I'm curious how it stacks up against the Yeti's he has had.
    Ya, I think a better comparison would be the SB130. Was hoping for a little slacker HA for the new Jeffsy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1976 View Post
    Ya, I think a better comparison would be the SB130. Was hoping for a little slacker HA for the new Jeffsy
    Im running a 160 to get a little slacker HT.

mtbr member
    Thought I'd add the SB130 to the table (down to the tenth of a millimeter, so exact!). The table is probably getting a little silly at this point.

Stack Reach Top Tube Seat Angle Head Angle
    2016 Bronson L 605 445 618 74 66
    2018 Ripmo XL 642 493 655 76 65.9
    2019 Yeti SB130 L 624.8 480.2 625.2 76.9 65.5
    2019 Jeffsy 29 L 624 474 614 77,5 / 78 66,5 / 67
    2019 Jeffsy 29 XL 633 494 637 77,5 / 78 66,5 / 67

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Im running a 160 to get a little slacker HT.
    -1 degree Angleset and 160 fork would be just about perfect!

mtbr member
    Had a good couple days on the new bike. Still getting the suspension dialed in to my liking but I have a couple early observations. The bike is more capable than I expected it to be. Hucking off stuff and in the rough it performed great. The bike is very comfortable in and out of the saddle. Going up one size has not been an issue. The bike is not a lightweight, my build with cushcore inserts, NOBL carbon wheels, Eagle XX1, ENVE carbon bars and stem etc.. came in at 31 lbs. The bike is very agile in the tighter stuff VS similar bikes with steeper HTA. She likes to go fast.

Here is a quick video of some riding on a couple of my favorite trails.

https://youtu.be/U8VaCmskVXw

mtbr member

Nice jumps at the end.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Had a good couple days on the new bike. Still getting the suspension dialed in to my liking but I have a couple early observations. The bike is more capable than I expected it to be. Hucking off stuff and in the rough it performed great. The bike is very comfortable in and out of the saddle. Going up one size has not been an issue. The bike is not a lightweight, my build with cushcore inserts, NOBL carbon wheels, Eagle XX1, ENVE carbon bars and stem etc.. came in at 31 lbs. The bike is very agile in the tighter stuff VS similar bikes with steeper HTA. She likes to go fast.

Great vid. Any insights on pedaling efficiency or technical climbing?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Nice. How tall are your Roman and you went with a large?

---------------------
    Evil Following

weareelements.com

mtbr member
    Also wondering if they're shipped with the fork tube cut short (ref. the "stem slammed" thread).

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Tire clearance for me was a concern seeing that the stock tires were 2.35. Now that have some time on 2.6 with cushcore on the Ransom I find that having the option to run them when I want is nice. That was one of the main reasons I did not keep my Yeti Sb130 and Sb150 very long was that anything over the size of a Maxxis 2.4 tire would rub the chainstays. These stock 2.35 TRS tires being as wide as they are would for sure not work on the Yeti's.

On another note the frame is actually more grey than I expected "which is a good thing". The downtube frame guard is well designed and the built in frame protection is well executed and is nice that a bike is actually coming with this installed already. Packing was top notch and all the small details were executed really well.

Name:	81723A39-97A5-43DE-AE64-204B52BAC23A.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	262.0 KB 
ID:	1234065
    I was thinking about getting the grey Pro Race 29er, but I was hoping you could post a pic of the entire bike. I can never tell the actual color of YT bikes, because they always look a little different in person then they do on YT's website. That color almost looks green to me and that may not necessarily be a bad thing, I just can't tell without seeing the entire bike. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Nice jumps at the end.
    We dont have many here in Sedona so you have to get it when you can

Great vid. Any insights on pedaling efficiency or technical climbing?
    Really solid technical climber with really good traction. I have to run 170mm cranks on my bikes to help clean the chunk here. The 160 fork helps getting the BB up a bit also. Solid pedaling bike running 28% sag and the LSC wide open. Little bit of pedal bob but I think you can dial it out with a few clicks of added LSC.

Quote Originally Posted by michaeldorian View Post
    Nice. How tall are your Roman and you went with a large?
    Im 5'8 and went large. I always ride med but figured I would see if I could pull off a Large as I was on the cusp of the YT med/large chart. I did reduce the stem to 35mm.

Also wondering if they're shipped with the fork tube cut short (ref. the "stem slammed" thread).
    It was cut and you wont have much freedom to go high with the stem. I think with the stock Renthal stem you have about 20mm to play with.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TMO8853 View Post
    I was thinking about getting the grey Pro Race 29er, but I was hoping you could post a pic of the entire bike. I can never tell the actual color of YT bikes, because they always look a little different in person then they do on YT's website. That color almost looks green to me and that may not necessarily be a bad thing, I just can't tell without seeing the entire bike. Thanks!
    Here you go

New 2019 Jeffsy 29"-5ac415b1-c015-4c0c-a4a6-a8063bb70fdc.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    [QUOTE=Rom3n;13957084]Here you go

Thanks man. That looks like its gonna be one sweet bike! Did you purchase from YT USA?

I still just can't understand why YT struggles to get production colors to match their online pictures. That color looks nothing like the grey they have posted online. They did the same thing with my Capra CF.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TMO8853 View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised by the color when I unboxed mine. I was expecting flat black with gloss black accents, which I see everywhere it seems.

This color is almost a blue-gray, although I'm terrible with colors.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hidperf View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised by the color when I unboxed mine. I was expecting flat black with gloss black accents, which I see everywhere it seems.

This color is almost a blue-gray, although I'm terrible with colors.
    It is really a more blue grey, I was also expecting a matte black based on the website but im happy that it's actually more of a grey. It's very similar to the color of my sprinter.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=TMO8853;13957263]
    Here you go

Thanks man. That looks like its gonna be one sweet bike! Did you purchase from YT USA?

I still just can't understand why YT struggles to get production colors to match their online pictures. That color looks nothing like the grey they have posted online. They did the same thing with my Capra CF.
    I did get it direct from YT.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    It is really a more blue grey, I was also expecting a matte black based on the website but im happy that it's actually more of a grey. It's very similar to the color of my sprinter.
    Yea I notice it almost matches your van perfectly!

mtbr member
    May 2018
    What was your shock PSI to get 28% sag and ehatís your body weight?

It looks better in the pics than on the website. I have the other color ordered but might switch it now, I thought like you it was going to be matte black/gloss black.

mtbr member
    Love the custom License Plate

mtbr member
    What was your shock PSI to get 28% sag and ehatís your body weight?

It looks better in the pics than on the website. I have the other color ordered but might switch it now, I thought like you it was going to be matte black/gloss black.
    Im 180 fully loaded and psi is at about 230.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_manny View Post
    Love the custom License Plate

mtbr member
    May 2015

Really solid technical climber with really good traction. I have to run 170mm cranks on my bikes to help clean the chunk here. The 160 fork helps getting the BB up a bit also. Solid pedaling bike running 28% sag and the LSC wide open. Little bit of pedal bob but I think you can dial it out with a few clicks of added LSC.
    Thanks for this. So it seems to be quite efficient pedaling platform. I don't mind touching the lever every now and then, in case the bob is not excessive (e.g you need to turn the lever constantly).

Regarding the color, I'm kinda surprised to see it look more like anthracite than matte black. German interpretation, I guess?

mtbr member
    Thanks for this. So it seems to be quite efficient pedaling platform. I don't mind touching the lever every now and then, in case the bob is not excessive (e.g you need to turn the lever constantly).

Regarding the color, I'm kinda surprised to see it look more like anthracite than matte black. German interpretation, I guess?

I have found that to get a really firm pedaling platform you have to dial in a few clicks of LSC which works well but you sacrifice some small bump compliance. If you go wide open you sacrifice a bit of efficiency but it's not something that is outside of normal on most bikes with this amount of travel. I have not needed to flip the climb switch but im sure if you did on long flat climbs it would help a little if you are running compression wide open.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I have found that to get a really firm pedaling platform you have to dial in a few clicks of LSC which works well but you sacrifice some small bump compliance. If you go wide open you sacrifice a bit of efficiency but it's not something that is outside of normal on most bikes with this amount of travel. I have not needed to flip the climb switch but im sure if you did on long flat climbs it would help a little if you are running compression wide open.
    Appreciate your input. We don't have high mountains here, but rather small hills or ridges offering "short" somewhat technical ups and downs. So based on that it sounds reasonable. I actually had Whyte (Horst-link) 29/150 last season and it pedaled quite well to be honest. Had to let it go because of quality issues. However, Whyte was not that good (platform) as my previous bike SB5C (which was 27,5/150/127mm) - or e.g Pivot Switchblade that I've demoed.

I have hard time choosing between Jeffsy and Ripmo. Got a fairly good offer on Ripmo GX-build w/I9 wheels, which would be just slightly more expensive than Jeffsy Pro Race. It is obvious that with YT you get much more better spec, but would anticipate Ripmo susp platform being "better" (because of DW-link).

However, if you think of it, is kinda "battle" between:

"USA : Legacy : DW-link : Package" (=Ibis)
    versus
    "Germany : Disruption : Horst : Parts" (=YT)

Well, we got more snow, so fatbiking continues. Meanwhile, it's going to be tuff decision
    Last edited by 69Hz; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:50 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Im 5'8 and went large. I always ride med but figured I would see if I could pull off a Large as I was on the cusp of the YT med/large chart. I did reduce the stem to 35mm.

Hello Rom3n, I am almost the same size as you and I was wondering between Medium and Large size. Do you know what is your inseam and what is the heigth of your seatpost (= the distance between your Bottom Bracket and the top of your saddle).
    Do you run a 150mm dropper post? It looks from the picture that your Dropper is slammed to the maximum?
    Thanks for your answer!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast