Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by 69Hz View Post
    However, if you think of it, is kinda "battle" between:

"USA : Legacy : DW-link : Package" (=Ibis)
    versus
    "Germany : Disruption : Horst : Parts" (=YT)

Well, we got more snow, so fatbiking continues. Meanwhile, it's going to be tuff decision
    Another aspect is local bike shop vs. direct sales company. ;-)
    Iím not saying you canít take a YT to a LBS and pay for some kind of service if necessary. And of course, you can buy your bike somewhere else and still have a good relation to a LBS if you buy a lot of other products and services there. But you know what I mean.

I am currently trying to find my next bike in a slightly different category but I have a YT Capra and 1-2 LBS bikes on my shortlist. I live half an hour from the YT headquarter and it seems YT customer support is pretty good in Germany. However, sometimes it can be helpful to have a LBS as a direct contact. The question is: how much is this worth in terms of price premium?

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Lando555 View Post
    Another aspect is local bike shop vs. direct sales company. ;-)
    Iím not saying you canít take a YT to a LBS and pay for some kind of service if necessary. And of course, you can buy your bike somewhere else and still have a good relation to a LBS if you buy a lot of other products and services there. But you know what I mean.

I am currently trying to find my next bike in a slightly different category but I have a YT Capra and 1-2 LBS bikes on my shortlist. I live half an hour from the YT headquarter and it seems YT customer support is pretty good in Germany. However, sometimes it can be helpful to have a LBS as a direct contact. The question is: how much is this worth in terms of price premium?
    I hear you. It's a good point and am glad you brought it up as I forgot to mention it.

The YT service may be superior (in Germany), but for us living somewhere else, the story might be different because of the service cycle is prolonged with courier/transportation time (customer>YT>component mfg>YT>customer). It takes easily 3-4 weeks to swap parts which is somewhat concern to me because of the summer is short. I don't mean that YT service is good or bad, but the logistics just take time. Having said that, I have unfortunate experience that it does not necessarily speed up things even if you have LBS and distributor in your country. LOL.

Nevertheless, my LBS (in question) service attitude is so good that it might even change the decision towards Ibis. The bike is more than just components. Will see what happens.

Just my 0,02Ä.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Long time reader here, first time poster...
    Last edited by Scoobs; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:09 PM. Reason: new user - trying to figure out how to add quotes...

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by objectuser View Post
    After a quick exchange with YT, I totally don't know what size of the 29er to get. I'm 6'1" (185.4cm). That puts me in XL category. But I'd prefer a more agile vs. more stable bike. I don't go that fast and have been trying to slow down and be a bit more cautious.

I enjoy making turns, leaning the bike, making tight climbs ... maybe I should select a Large. But if I did that, maybe I'd be missing out on some of the advantages of the longer, slacker geo. But then, maybe that's OK!

Comparing to my current 2016 Bronson in L:

Stack Reach Top Tube
    2016 Bronson L 605 445 618
    2019 Jeffsy L 624 474 614
    2019 Jeffsy XL 633 494 637

Similar situation here. I am 6'1", 34" inseam, and currently on a 2017 YT Jeffsy Pro with a reach of 445mm. It's always felt short and the new L looks perfect on paper. However I also land on an XL according to YT's sizing chart, and I've had 3 guys at YT tell me they think I should be on an XL. I've obsessed over geo charts for probably 15 different similar bikes in an attempt to figure things out but am having trouble. I had ordered a L a couple of weeks ago but just changed it to an XL after my 3rd conversation with YT. I love the maneuverability of a smaller bike but also love to ride fast and hard... Just don't want to give up too much playfulness with an XL (1247mm wheelbase in XL vs 1218mm in L). Did you end up canceling your L for an XL? When are you supposed to receive it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
    Similar situation here. I am 6'1", 34" inseam, and currently on a 2017 YT Jeffsy Pro with a reach of 445mm. It's always felt short and the new L looks perfect on paper. However I also land on an XL according to YT's sizing chart, and I've had 3 guys at YT tell me they think I should be on an XL. I've obsessed over geo charts for probably 15 different similar bikes in an attempt to figure things out but am having trouble. I had ordered a L a couple of weeks ago but just changed it to an XL after my 3rd conversation with YT. I love the maneuverability of a smaller bike but also love to ride fast and hard... Just don't want to give up too much playfulness with an XL (1247mm wheelbase in XL vs 1218mm in L). Did you end up canceling your L for an XL? When are you supposed to receive it?
    I did cancel my order for a large but have not reordered. I had ordered the CF Comp because I love the color, though I'm still tempted by the Pro with its more cohesive build kit (looks good too, just not that awesome orange!). The CF Comp shipments are way out in May ...

I'm still debating though. I keep looking at those numbers and seemingly want something right in between the L and XL ...

Not sure what I'll do at this point. If I thought the L would fit close to my L Bronson that's what I'd do, since even on long downhills, I prefer agility over stability.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by 69Hz View Post
    I hear you. It's a good point and am glad you brought it up as I forgot to mention it.

The YT service may be superior (in Germany), but for us living somewhere else, the story might be different because of the service cycle is prolonged with courier/transportation time (customer>YT>component mfg>YT>customer). It takes easily 3-4 weeks to swap parts which is somewhat concern to me because of the summer is short. I don't mean that YT service is good or bad, but the logistics just take time. Having said that, I have unfortunate experience that it does not necessarily speed up things even if you have LBS and distributor in your country. LOL.

Nevertheless, my LBS (in question) service attitude is so good that it might even change the decision towards Ibis. The bike is more than just components. Will see what happens.

Just my 0,02Ä.
    You are so right. The LBS will not necessarily get you back on the trail any faster. Actually, you will have one or two additional organizations in the line of communication and maybe you even need to push your LBS to speed things up.
    However, they might be able to offer you some unbureaucratic or interim solution.
    On the other hand, depending on the specific brand the price premium of a bike can be significant, even with a discount from the LBS. I am willing to pay a price premium at the LBS but when it is between 50 and 100% the decision between direct sales model and LBS is tough.;-)

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Lando555 View Post
    You are so right. The LBS will not necessarily get you back on the trail any faster. Actually, you will have one or two additional organizations in the line of communication and maybe you even need to push your LBS to speed things up.
    However, they might be able to offer you some unbureaucratic or interim solution.
    On the other hand, depending on the specific brand the price premium of a bike can be significant, even with a discount from the LBS. I am willing to pay a price premium at the LBS but when it is between 50 and 100% the decision between direct sales model and LBS is tough.;-)
    Absolutely agree. Regarding these issues one might want to look at this thread as well: https://forums.mtbr.com/29er-bikes/j...0-1095201.html

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gui_gui View Post
    Hello Rom3n, I am almost the same size as you and I was wondering between Medium and Large size. Do you know what is your inseam and what is the heigth of your seatpost (= the distance between your Bottom Bracket and the top of your saddle).
    Do you run a 150mm dropper post? It looks from the picture that your Dropper is slammed to the maximum?
    Thanks for your answer!
    My inseam is 30". The 150mm dropper does need to be slammed all the way down on the large for me. Lucky for me in its fully slammed position it is exactly where I like it when fully extended. I actually checked this measurement before buying the large as it is almost the exact same seat tube height as my medium Ransom give or take a few mm which I also run almost all the way slammed with a 150mm dropper. When I saw this I knew the large might be an option. I could easily run a medium on this bike with a longer stem and most likely be happy but the longer reach with shorter stem I have been enjoying testing so far.

On another note one thing that has not been working on my steep, punchy, rocky trails has been the low BB. Even with the addition of shorter 170mm cranks and longer 160mm fork getting up and over some really rocky sections I normally pop over have been more challenging. The lower BB has been nice when blasting corners at high speed but for the next few days im going to test the bike in the higher BB position. The 160mm fork will still allow the HTA to be at 66 deg but to make this bike work for me I need just a little more clearance.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    I did cancel my order for a large but have not reordered. I had ordered the CF Comp because I love the color, though I'm still tempted by the Pro with its more cohesive build kit (looks good too, just not that awesome orange!). The CF Comp shipments are way out in May ...

I'm still debating though. I keep looking at those numbers and seemingly want something right in between the L and XL ...

Not sure what I'll do at this point. If I thought the L would fit close to my L Bronson that's what I'd do, since even on long downhills, I prefer agility over stability.
    I'm exactly in the same boat as you. I have scoured every geo figure and recommended size charts for every single bike in the Jeffsy's class that I'd have any interest in and even one's I that I don't in an attempt to try and get the most comprehensive and objective view of what size I should be on. Like you, I always end up feeling like I want something right in between the L and XL. I finally decided to just commit to the XL and the "new school" thinking on geo and see what happens. If I stuck with the L I'm sure I'd be happy with it as it is significantly longer than my current 2017 Jeffsy CF Pro (L) and my 2017 Norco Sight C7 (L). However, I'd always wonder if I was leaving some performance on the table. By going with the recommended XL I guess I will find out for sure. Hoping it will be an "ahh ha!" moment and the stars will align and I'll realize that I've always "shorted" myself by riding too small of bikes. If it ends up feeling to big and not maneuverable enough, then I'll always know that my sweet spot is a little smaller and I won't have to wonder anymore! I should be receiving my XL in late Feb, so I'll follow up with my thoughts then...

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Also, I'm getting the Pro Race. A couple more reasons why I am optimistic about the XL is that the effective top tube length of the 2019 L is actually shorter than my super short 2017 Jeffsy by 11mm due to the steep seat angle, while it's almost identical on the XL. The XL also has the same length chain stays as my 2017, so its really just stretching out in front by a whopping 69mm but preserving the same seated riding position. So jumping on it should feel very familiar and comfortable due to the ETT being basically the same, bu I'm guessing I'll feel much more "in" the bike than "on" it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Received a shipping notification today. No estimated delivery date yet. If it actually leaves their warehouse today I should have it Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rom3n View Post
    My inseam is 30". The 150mm dropper does need to be slammed all the way down on the large for me. Lucky for me in its fully slammed position it is exactly where I like it when fully extended. I actually checked this measurement before buying the large as it is almost the exact same seat tube height as my medium Ransom give or take a few mm which I also run almost all the way slammed with a 150mm dropper. When I saw this I knew the large might be an option. I could easily run a medium on this bike with a longer stem and most likely be happy but the longer reach with shorter stem I have been enjoying testing so far.

On another note one thing that has not been working on my steep, punchy, rocky trails has been the low BB. Even with the addition of shorter 170mm cranks and longer 160mm fork getting up and over some really rocky sections I normally pop over have been more challenging. The lower BB has been nice when blasting corners at high speed but for the next few days im going to test the bike in the higher BB position. The 160mm fork will still allow the HTA to be at 66 deg but to make this bike work for me I need just a little more clearance.
    Which dropper do you have?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mfacey View Post
    Received a shipping notification today. No estimated delivery date yet. If it actually leaves their warehouse today I should have it Monday!

Just an FYI, mine was schedule for delivery on Monday and ended up arriving the Friday before.
    Best. Weekend. Ever.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by hidperf View Post
    Just an FYI, mine was schedule for delivery on Monday and ended up arriving the Friday before.
    Best. Weekend. Ever.
    One can only hope :-)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzanova View Post
    Which dropper do you have?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Fox

mtbr member
    Aug 2017

I run mine in the high position with the flip chip, works great for me.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Thinking of running 160mm fork on Jeffsy. What the risk-reward? Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Baird View Post
    I run mine in the high position with the flip chip, works great for me.
    It helps with adding clearance for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan610 View Post
    Thinking of running 160mm fork on Jeffsy. What the risk-reward? Thanks
    Im running one and see no issues.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Since on the fox website the fox 36 with grid 2 damper for 29" doesn't exist with 150mm, maybe the fork on the jeffsy is a 160mm with a travel reducer. Anyone can confirm that? Just exciting to get mine.

Edit: Ok i didn't notice the new fox's doesn't allow us to adjust travel, so maybe just need to swap the airshaft and is done if you need to put it at 160mm.

mtbr member
    Itís just a simple air shaft swap.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Itís just a simple air shaft swap.
    As someone who's only worked on RockShox products, are Fox any more/less difficult to service?
    Any special tools?
    Can I buy service kits as easily as I can for RockShox?

I've put zero miles on the bike yet, but want to start gathering anything I may need for my first service at the end of the season.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Anyone who have the new bike can tell me which tools, accessories and other stuff that comes with the bike (pro race version). Things like suspension tokens, cassete tools, tubeless valves, pedals... If possible a photo will be nice

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by swilsonsantos View Post
    Anyone who have the new bike can tell me which tools, accessories and other stuff that comes with the bike (pro race version). Things like suspension tokens, cassete tools, tubeless valves, pedals... If possible a photo will be nice
    It comes with some cheap plastic flats and the usual reflectors required by law.

Also comes with a shock pump, large allen wrench, I assume for pedals, and a t-bar style torque wrench with interchangeable allens and torx bits.
    The torque wrench lasted long enough to assemble the bike, but I wouldn't rely on it.

No tubeless valves.
    No tokens.
    No cassette tools.

RJJ
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    It comes with some cheap plastic flats and the usual reflectors required by law.

Also comes with a shock pump, large allen wrench, I assume for pedals, and a t-bar style torque wrench with interchangeable allens and torx bits.
    The torque wrench lasted long enough to assemble the bike, but I wouldn't rely on it.

No tubeless valves.
    No tokens.
    No cassette tools.
    Thank you, that is helpful. I am looking at the Pro Race, with the E*THIRTEEN TRS Race Carbon crankset, which I think needs a special tool for the chainring, and I was wondering if that is included.

R

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by RJJ View Post
    Thank you, that is helpful. I am looking at the Pro Race, with the E*THIRTEEN TRS Race Carbon crankset, which I think needs a special tool for the chainring, and I was wondering if that is included.

R
    I have the same bike. It does not come with any specialty tools.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Can pick that E13 tool for $15 on eBay just snagged one up.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by RJJ View Post

R
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlate79 View Post
    Can pick that E13 tool for $15 on eBay just snagged one up.
    I believe this is the one
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/e-13-Crank-...GE06:rk:8:pf:0

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    My new Candy Red Jeffsy CF Pro 29 arrived this morning. Shipping took just under a week from YT in Germany to my house in the Netherlands. Will start construction this evening!

Canít wait to give it a ride this weekend!

mtbr member
    My new Candy Red Jeffsy CF Pro 29 arrived this morning. Shipping took just under a week from YT in Germany to my house in the Netherlands. Will start construction this evening!

Canít wait to give it a ride this weekend!
    Awesome, take pics, make notes and have fun!

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    I've contact invisiframe to check when they will make the protection kit and it seems to be already in progress. Maybe in a couple of weeks we should have something for the new jeffsy (atleast for 29" Carbon Large).

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Great! Same as I ordered. Looking forward to pics and review

mtbr member
    I've contact invisiframe to check when they will make the protection kit and it seems to be already in progress. Maybe in a couple of weeks we should have something for the new jeffsy (atleast for 29" Carbon Large).

I did mine with 3m clear bra, or paint protection. Its for the front end of cars and trucks. I Ordered a small roll 2.5 inch wide, and the cost for the whole bike was about $20 . Works good, just cut it it to fit. My wife is meticulous with that stuff so I cut it out and she did the clean and application on mine. Still have a little left over to replace the small areas for cable and foot rub places. The stuff put on by YT seems like it won't last long.
    I don't always listen to slayer, but when I do so do the neighbors.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 2obscura View Post
    I did mine with 3m clear bra, or paint protection. Its for the front end of cars and trucks. I Ordered a small roll 2.5 inch wide, and the cost for the whole bike was about $20 . Works good, just cut it it to fit. My wife is meticulous with that stuff so I cut it out and she did the clean and application on mine. Still have a little left over to replace the small areas for cable and foot rub places. The stuff put on by YT seems like it won't last long.
    Yes i was also looking for that solution as well if they didn't provide the kit. On my current bike i didn't put nothing, and it would be a big difference if i did this when i bought it. Just 1 month after, i get a nail stuck on my tyre and it chips a bit of paint in the seat stay.

I come from a Orbea Rallon R3 - 2010 (26" wheels and 150mm front and back) i'm hoping find a big difference to the YT, especially on the climbs, because downhill i know it will be a beast

mtbr member
    Dec 2018

New 2019 Jeffsy 29"

I received my 29er CF Pro on Thursday and have it ready for its maiden voyage tomorrow. I bedded in the brakes this afternoon but itís been raining incessantly so skipped the first ride.

Itís a real beast of a bike. The 800mm bars are huge. Fit and finish is first rate. I am only questioning the rubber chainstay protection which is attached using some kind of adhesive that isnít super strong. Some of the edges were letting go out of the box. Weíll see how low it lasts.

I mounted Bontrager XR4 on the front and XR3 in the rear as most of my domestic/local riding is hardpack and fast. Tubeless went fine. Iím running 2.4 front and rear and I think that 2.5, maybe 2.6 would work in terms of clearance. Probably depends on the model though.
    I also transferred my favorite saddle from Terry to the Jeffsy. The stock saddle is about 2cm narrower than what Iím used to!

Overall super happy and looking forward to taking it for a ride tomorrow!

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    I received my 29er CF Pro on Thursday and have it ready for its maiden voyage tomorrow. I bedded in the brakes this afternoon but itís been raining incessantly so skipped the first ride.

Itís a real beast of a bike. The 800mm bars are huge. Fit and finish is first rate. I am only questioning the rubber chainstay protection which is attached using some kind of adhesive that isnít super strong. Some of the edges were letting go out of the box. Weíll see how low it lasts.

I mounted Bontrager XR4 on the front and XR3 in the rear as most of my domestic/local riding is hardpack and fast. Tubeless went fine. Iím running 2.4 front and rear and I think that 2.5, maybe 2.6 would work in terms of clearance. Probably depends on the model though.
    I also transferred my favorite saddle from Terry to the Jeffsy. The stock saddle is about 2cm narrower than what Iím used to!

Looks awesome. Jealous. I have same on order but have to wait still a month. What size and can dropper be completely slammed. I have a 170 mm dropper im hoping to use.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

I left the E*Thirteen tires on because I wanted to give them a shot. I'm having a hard time getting them to seal though. Or should I say hold air. They both "popped" onto the rim but don't seem to hold air and will leak down overnight.

No signs of leakage anywhere.

Still haven't been able to take it out though. Trails are a sloppy mess now.

Edit: I'm using Slime Pro with Stan's tubeless valves and the factory E*Thirteen rim tape. I've been using Slime Pro for years in my other bike with great success. Only difference in this setup is my other bike uses Stan's tape.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Edit: I'm using Slime Pro with Stan's tubeless valves and the factory E*Thirteen rim tape. I've been using Slime Pro for years in my other bike with great success. Only difference in this setup is my other bike uses Stan's tape.
    Using Stan's (regular) sealant here. I opted for e13's own tubeless valves which are actually quite nice two piece construction. They also come with a rubber ring that is shaped to match the curvature of the e13 rims internally. Could it be that you are leaky around the valve?

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by kamrider View Post
    Looks awesome. Jealous. I have same on order but have to wait still a month. What size and can dropper be completely slammed. I have a 170 mm dropper im hoping to use.
    Mine came installed with a 150mm dropper (size XL). There's more than enough space for a 170 dropper though. I have the collar raised about 50mm above the clamp. I could proabably even fit a 200mm dropper if such a thing exists!

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Mine came installed with a 150mm dropper (size XL). There's more than enough space for a 170 dropper though. I have the collar raised about 50mm above the clamp. I could proabably even fit a 200mm dropper if such a thing exists!
    Hello @mfacey
    Can you tell me how many stops do you have on your dropper post? I also received my jeffsy CF Pro, and I only have 3 stops on the post : full drop, full extension and somewhere on the middle.
    I asked the support of YT but they told me that it was the the case for the last version of the dropper post. Is it the same for you?
    Thx

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    I did a quick check in the weekend and it appeared to be fully extended, fully compressed or middle.
    I really donít like the feel of my dropper remote. Itís really tough to move and sounds like ďcrunching plasticĒ when I push it. Is yourís like that too?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Using Stan's (regular) sealant here. I opted for e13's own tubeless valves which are actually quite nice two piece construction. They also come with a rubber ring that is shaped to match the curvature of the e13 rims internally. Could it be that you are leaky around the valve?
    Figured out why the rear tire wouldn't hold air. It has a small pinhole in the sidewall.

I did the typical "sloshing" of the sealant when first airing them up but then the bike has been sitting in the basement, waiting for the weather to cooperate.
    I also added another ounce of fluid, since I only put 3oz in originally and they recommend 4. Once I located the pinhole, I believe I've gotten it sealed now.

Probably at least another week before I can ride though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    I did a quick check in the weekend and it appeared to be fully extended, fully compressed or middle.
    I really donít like the feel of my dropper remote. Itís really tough to move and sounds like ďcrunching plasticĒ when I push it. Is yourís like that too?

I did not have the opportunity to ride it in real MTB conditions, but the feel of the remote on my parking lot is rather smooth for now.
    When I received it, there was too much tension in the cable and the post did not hold the positions. I loosened it and now it feels better.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by gui_gui View Post
    I did not have the opportunity to ride it in real MTB conditions, but the feel of the remote on my parking lot is rather smooth for now.
    When I received it, there was too much tension in the cable and the post did not hold the positions. I loosened it and now it feels better.
    Ah maybe thatís it! Iíll give it a try. Thanks for the tip.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Is the paint gloss or matte finish?

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmike View Post
    Is the paint gloss or matte finish?
    Itís matte red.

mtbr member
    It really does look nice.

Looking forward to hearing feedback as more people buy and ride the bike.

I have a few months before riding season so can take my time (unless the bikes sell out again).

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Been out for two decent rides so far (in between the incessant rain...). Overall Iím really enjoying the bike. Did some longish climbs as well as some short techy climbs and my impression is that it climbs just as well as my hardtail.
    I still need to mess with the suspension setup but itís compliant and reasonably sensitive.

Iíve to tinker with the derailleur setup after both rides. I had to loosen the tension quite a bit after ride #1 and still had a bit of difficult shifting yesterday. I did some more fine tuning on the shifter barrel which hopefully has now resolved it.

Iím thinking about swapping out the 34T front chainring for a 32T/30T but Iím struggling to find what I need. What are the correct specs for this crank and BB setup? Anybody care to weigh in?

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Is this the right model chainring to fit the CF Pro?
    https://www.bike-components.de/en/SR...-Eagle-p55847/

mtbr member
    Iíve to tinker with the derailleur setup after both rides. I had to loosen the tension quite a bit after ride #1 and still had a bit of difficult shifting yesterday. I did some more fine tuning on the shifter barrel which hopefully has now resolved it.

Iím thinking about swapping out the 34T front chainring for a 32T/30T but Iím struggling to find what I need.
    Sram ders MUST have the "B" tension set in spec or you will be chasing your tail with shifting issues. What most do not understand is that you take the reading with the bike SAGGED at riding position! I check how much sag by sitting on bike to move o-ring and then just let the air out of the shock and place the stroke at that position. THEN measure the pulley distance and adjust B tension screw to get in limits; no more shifting issues (provided your hi and lo stops are proper).

Have FUN!

G MAN

PS - I would get a Sram DUB 32t oval ring if it were me.
    PSS - How does the bike jump? Poppiness/Playfulness for boosting air off of trail features? Balance in air?
    Last edited by Gman086; 1 Week Ago at 03:17 PM.
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

what a joke
    Looking at getting the CF Pro in XXL. Just wondering if anyone has an XXL they could provide a few actual measurements with a tape measure. I'm coming off a 2013 Anthem 29er and just wanted to compare.

For those that do have 2019 in any size. How do they climb? I spend as much time climbing as descending.
    blah blah blah

mtbr member
    Been out for two decent rides so far (in between the incessant rain...). Overall Iím really enjoying the bike. Did some longish climbs as well as some short techy climbs and my impression is that it climbs just as well as my hardtail.
    I still need to mess with the suspension setup but itís compliant and reasonably sensitive.
    Are you happy with the XL? I think you're well into the XL range on their size chart.

Hoping others around 6'1" / 185cm will check in on sizing.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    I have a L and i'm 181cm, its longer than i'm used to, but it's a very comfortable position. I didn't ride it too much, but it seems to climb very well, but since i'm not used to 29er neither long bikes It's hard do pop the wheel of the ground... Just need some practice and relearn everything again. I was not very good wheeling or manual on the 26 so now, with a 29er, it seems impossible.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    I should be receiving my pro race in XL tomorrow. I'm 6'1" and wrestled with the choice as I'm used to shorter bikes (currently on a 2017 L Jeffsy), but size chart and guys I spoke with at YT all pushed me to an XL. I'll post thoughts once it's built up, but I won't be doing any real riding for a while since it's dumping snow outside right now...
    Are you happy with the XL? I think you're well into the XL range on their size chart.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018

Really comfortable for me. Iím 1m91cm but with relatively short legs, I have a 33Ē inseam. My saddle is a quite a long way up so you should be fine from that perspective. The bike is longer than Iím used to but really doesnít feel ungainly in any way. Still getting used to the 800mm bars though!

mtbr member
    I'm 178cm, and would lean towards a Medium.

Maybe I should demo something longer...to get an idea of the 474 reach of the Large Jeffsy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New 2019 Jeffsy 29"-jeffsy.png  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_manny View Post

Maybe I should demo something longer...to get an idea of the 474 reach of the Large Jeffsy.
    I don't know if you're close enough, but here's the dates of YT's "Rolling Circus" for 2019 where you can demo various sizes:

https://us.yt-industries.com/shopwar...&emotionId=353

mtbr member
    I have a L and i'm 181cm, its longer than i'm used to, but it's a very comfortable position. I didn't ride it too much, but it seems to climb very well, but since i'm not used to 29er neither long bikes It's hard do pop the wheel of the ground... Just need some practice and relearn everything again. I was not very good wheeling or manual on the 26 so now, with a 29er, it seems impossible.
    That's good info! I'm only 4cm taller than you.

I should be receiving my pro race in XL tomorrow. I'm 6'1" and wrestled with the choice as I'm used to shorter bikes (currently on a 2017 L Jeffsy), but size chart and guys I spoke with at YT all pushed me to an XL. I'll post thoughts once it's built up, but I won't be doing any real riding for a while since it's dumping snow outside right now...
    Nice, looking forward to hearing what you think, but I'm in the same boat, won't be riding weather for quite some time (June).

YT support also recommended an XL for me, btw.

Really comfortable for me. Iím 1m91cm but with relatively short legs, I have a 33Ē inseam. My saddle is a quite a long way up so you should be fine from that perspective. The bike is longer than Iím used to but really doesnít feel ungainly in any way. Still getting used to the 800mm bars though!
    My current bike came with 800mm bars. I tried to like them, but swapped them for 760mm bars and it felt like coming home.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_manny View Post

Cool, yeah, might be a good idea if you can swing it!

I think the next chance I'll have for a YT demo will be toward the end of summer.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    CF Pro Race, XL. Arrived about 2 weeks ahead of schedule! Much different than my last experience in 2017 when I had to wait more than 6 months with multiple delays... Seems they've got their sh*t together much better now. I'll follow up once its built with initial fit impressions...New 2019 Jeffsy 29"-57167932253__5c8d19e0-5f32-4125-abf7-a78af63e162e.jpg
    Last edited by Scoobs; 1 Week Ago at 10:41 AM. Reason: trying to upload picture

mtbr member
    That sure is a tiny trail dog!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57167932253__5C8D19E0-5F32-4125-ABF7-A78AF63E162E.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	284.5 KB 
ID:	1237896
    Makes me think of that video of the MTBer chasing the badger.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    New 2019 Jeffsy 29"-img_4953.jpgNew 2019 Jeffsy 29"-img_4956.jpg

Livingroom test says the XL is very comfortable. Seated reach with the stock 50mm stem feels very similar to my 2017 Jeffsy with a 60mm stem. Definitely more bike out in front of me though, although I have demoed several bikes over the last couple of years with a similar extended feel and have enjoyed them on the trail. Time will tell whether enough of the playfulness of my 2017 remains, but I'm sure this thing will crush the descents...

It also feels noticably more over the pedals due to the seat angle so I anticipate climbing positioning to be ideal.

mtbr member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4953.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	284.7 KB 
ID:	1237937Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4956.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	260.8 KB 
ID:	1237934

Livingroom test says the XL is very comfortable. Seated reach with the stock 50mm stem feels very similar to my 2017 Jeffsy with a 60mm stem. Definitely more bike out in front of me though, although I have demoed several bikes over the last couple of years with a similar extended feel and have enjoyed them on the trail. Time will tell whether enough of the playfulness of my 2017 remains, but I'm sure this thing will crush the descents...

It also feels noticably more over the pedals due to the seat angle so I anticipate climbing positioning to be ideal.
    Great info, thanks! That bike does look long.

Thanks for posting the side by side. Would be awesome to actually see you seated on both just like that.

Your 2017 is a large right?

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Nice ride! Please let us know how it rides. I'm specifically interested in knowing (like you mentioned) if the pop and playfulness is still there compared to your 2017.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Great info, thanks! That bike does look long.

Thanks for posting the side by side. Would be awesome to actually see you seated on both just like that.

Your 2017 is a large right?
    Yes the 2017 is a L. I'll see if I can get my wife to take a pic with me on them soon for comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by doema View Post
    Nice ride! Please let us know how it rides. I'm specifically interested in knowing (like you mentioned) if the pop and playfulness is still there compared to your 2017.

As all reviews for the old model have noted, the 2017 is very playful and poppy. I love it with the CC coil IL - really smooths out the chatter and provides much better sensitivity and traction without any noticeable loss in support or pop. The fork is extended to 150 and has a Vorsprung luftkappe airspring installed which really helps compliment the rear. Hoping the new one will retain at least some of that playful nature, but I'm also realistic - it's a much longer bike so I'm not expecting miracles. I am hoping for stellar climbing performance and bomber descending capabilities with an agile and somewhat playful nature... Once I can get out of the snow and do a little road trip south I'll report back with my findings...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12