Jeffsy M1900 wheels taped- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2016

Jeffsy M1900 wheels taped

Does anyone know if the YT industries tape inside the m1900 wheel is tubeless ready?

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    its not...

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    and i struggle to get them sealed!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Don't know if the '18 but just took delivery of a '17 and the tape was definitely not tubeless. I put some gorilla tape on the rims and sealed up like a champ with only a floor pump.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    I contacted customer service today with that same question in regards to my 2018 Jeffsy AL 29 and they stated that they are tubeless but the rim tape and valves are not included and must be purchased separately. I got a pair of E-thirteens valves and some gorilla tape.

Danger Zone
    I did the front wheel last night from the 2018 Jeffsy AL... it was an absolute nightmare. My Roval wheels took less than 5 minutes and could hold air without sealant. The M1900s took every bit of my strength and patience to get the tire on and to hold air. Sealant was everywhere. Checked on it today and it looks like it's finally sealed up, but I'm still not convinced it will hold.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I used gorilla tape and orange seal and had no problem with the narrower M1900 wheels and the Onza tires. I've set up Minion DHRIIs on Easton/Raceface and Ibis wheels with no problem, so from my experience those tires should be pretty easy to seal tubeless as long as they're new and the tape is new.

Danger Zone
    Quote Originally Posted by matadorCE View Post
    I used gorilla tape and orange seal and had no problem with the narrower M1900 wheels and the Onza tires. I've set up Minion DHRIIs on Easton/Raceface and Ibis wheels with no problem, so from my experience those tires should be pretty easy to seal tubeless as long as they're new and the tape is new.
    I was using a DHF 2.5 which I did in less than 5 minutes with the Roval wheels. They were incredibly tight over the M1900 wheels. Thought I was going to snap a tire lever for sure. The bead ended up getting stuck in the center region of the rim so I had to do some work to get it to jump to the edges. Once I did get it to hold air I started losing sealant around the valve stem, which again didn't happen with the Roval wheels. Honestly I'd prefer just using the Roval wheels since they are lighter, but the hub is pretty crappy and I'd rather not pay to swap out for a new one.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    I received my bike and immediately attempted the tubeless process. Started by using 1 inch gorilla tape, it looked a little narrow but it was convenient. I struggled for a long time to get the dang tires back on the rim and eventually had to have my wife do it for me (LoL lots of broken fingers and wrist = zero hand strength).

Used a floor pump. First tire did not make the popping sound but sealed perfectly and 3 days later is still holding air. The second tire made a popping sound and is also still holding air.

Other then the fact that it was hard as F to get them on the rim, I was happy with the process.

Danger Zone
    I went back and did it for the second wheel and it was much easier. The key was to use a heat gun on the tire. The cold temperature in my basement caused the rubber to shrink and stiffen up a bit, making it nearly impossible to take off and put on the rim. Once it was heated a bit it was no harder than any of the other tubeless conversions I've done.