Jeffsy AL owners - did you choose the AL or AL comp, and why?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Jeffsy AL owners - did you choose the AL or AL comp, and why?

making this decision for myself soon and looking for help, thanks!
    Last edited by jbourne84; 04-24-2018 at 10:51 AM. Reason: more specific title

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I chose the AL. To me the component upgrades were not worth it. I figured the extra money would be better spent on a new wheelset.

mtbr member
    I too chose the 2018 AL...the bike has everything I wanted and to me the Fox suspension performance is outstanding.

Danger Zone
    2018 AL. The color was what really won me over, but I've been extremely impressed with the Fox suspension. No way was it worth it (for me anyway) to spend the extra money on the comp.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    I bought the Comp. I was actually sold on the AL but when I went to order it was out of stock in my size, so I bought the Comp instead of waiting. I love the bike, but it's tough to say if the upgrade was worth the money. I happen to like the red & black colorway better than the blue so I guess that's worth something.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by semper_citius View Post
    I bought the Comp. I was actually sold on the AL but when I went to order it was out of stock in my size, so I bought the Comp instead of waiting. I love the bike, but it's tough to say if the upgrade was worth the money. I happen to like the red & black colorway better than the blue so I guess that's worth something.
    nice, i dont know much about the difference in the spec'd hardware, but it's also over a pound lighter which is nice.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MudderNutter View Post
    I chose the AL. To me the component upgrades were not worth it. I figured the extra money would be better spent on a new wheelset.
    Why replace the wheelset? what do you think you'd replace it with?

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jbourne84 View Post
    Why replace the wheelset? what do you think you'd replace it with?
    The rear hub is only 24poe, and isnít upgradable. Besides that Iíve been pleased with the wheelís performance. I do wish the rear hub was better though... especially on technical climbs. When I was originally looking at the bike they were still coming with 22.5 Internal diameter rims, but they switched to 30 right when I was getting mine. So I was planning on replacing them immediately, but the issue didnít end up being as pressing.

If I were to do a new wheelset Iíd probably do DT350s with the 54t ratchet, and spank oozy trail 345 rims. Super stout wheelset at a good weight and price. Iíd rather have a great hub, and solid rims over various other little upgrades sprinkled about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I went AL. Love the suspension. I had to replace the seat dropper for a shorter revive and sold the e*13, so that was net $250 more dollars (got $150 for the old one, new one was $400).

If I knew how much I'd be using this bike, I might have changed my mind and went for the full tilt carbon fiber build! I'm going to the park 1-2x a week now.
    2018 YT Jeffsy AL 29
    2005 Felt F75 (roadie)
    1993 Specialized Stumpjumper FS (bar hopper)