Jeffsy 29 Shock Setup- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2013

Jeffsy 29 Shock Setup

Hey everybody, I'm wondering what PSI you all are running on your Fox DPS rear shock on your Jeffsfy 29 and your riding weight?

What are you all running for rebound and open mode adjust?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Mine is spec'ed with Rock Shox, but I added an air spacer to the front, and have the rebound set 1 click from fully fast right now. The rear I set the rebound around 4 clicks from fast.
    I have the low speed compression set fairly firm because I like a nice firm pedaling platform and it seems to help with that.
    I leave the main compression damping open front and rear even for pedaling, I feel like it pedals fine like that.
    I set the air pressure to achieve a "sag" measurement of 25-30% both front and rear.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I've played around with different settings but after several weeks of trying different setups I' settled on the following.
    Fully loaded riding weight ~200lbs
    Pressure - 200 psi = 18mm sag (just over 30% sag)
    Volume Spacers - 0.4 spacer (factory default)
    Rebound - 5 clicks from open (setting 7)
    I normally run the compression in the open setting with the 1-3 open adjuster set to #2. While I'm completely fine running it like this for everything I have popped it up to the "Trail/Medium" setting when I know I've got an extended smooth climb. It's not really necessary but I guess mentally it feels more efficient. I might consider going to the 0.2 spacer as the back end is so progressive. I've hit some pretty good drops and I've not bottomed the shock. I'm probably leaving some travel "on the table" but I'd hate to lose the mid stroke support that I currently have. This is my first time with the top end Fox suspension and it's been much more involved to get to a good setting compared to the RockShox stuff. So happy though, it's super plush in the initial stroke but also very supportive and responsive. Will probably add a third token to the fork to bring the bottom out support closer to the shock.