jeffsy 27.5 sizing -- does is seem "long" to you?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2013

New question here. jeffsy 27.5 sizing -- does is seem "long" to you?

Super pumped to see YT release the jeffsy 27.5! The spec/price ratio is nuts! The capra is just a little TOO much bike for my riding so the jeffsy has really caught my eye.

I was comparing the jeffsy 27.5 geo charts to bikes that I know fit me well, and it seems as though the jeffsy 27 is really long….talking effective top tube, reach and seat tube angle. I got the sense (again…this is only comparing geo charts here…). The jeffsy has a smidge more setback on the seattube than the capra (and thus, the reach is more the capra by almost an inch as well…).

I know this is all semantics in the end but if I’m dropping thousands on a bike….I want to make sure it fits. At just over 5’10” (179.1 cm exact!), they’re sizing guide places me more or less in the Large category but can’t help but to be a bit critical of the Jeffsy 27.5 fit. The geo just strikes me as a bit odd when compared to other very similar bikes (i.e. 2017 Giant Trance, SC Bronson, etc). Anyone else think this?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    The geo looks closer to the 2017 Remedy, than to the Trance.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    I'm 177cm and I am also a bit puzzled. Especially since not long ago their suggestion box put me right in the middle of the medium size for the Capra... so a few months ago they suggested a 420mm reach for riders our size for their enduro bike and now they suggest a 40mm longer one (460mm) for their trail bike?

That said I think they are going the same route as Canyon with the Strive and Mondraker with all their forward geometry bikes: Keep head angle relatively steep and get stability (long wheelbase) from a generous top tube.

So I would still go with the large and get a shorter stem when in doubt. The turbine comes as short as 40mm, so there's room.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    I'm also torned between "M" and "L". I'm 180 cm / 5' 10.9"
    I currently have a Orange Crush Hardtail and chose the smaller size acording to their size guide.

Comparing geometry.

CRUSH toptube = 620mm. Almost same as JEFFSY Large (625mm)
    CRUSH reach = 436mm. Almost same as JEFFSY Medium (440mm)
    CRUSH stack = 621mm. closest to JEFFSY Large (611mm)

I like the reach of my current bike but if i choose the Jeffsy medium I'm afraid I will feel cramped when peddaling as of the shorter toptube.

If I choose the Jeffsy Large my reach will be 34mm longer plus an extra 10mm 'cause of the 60mm stem on the large Jeffsy (currently have 50mm).
    I know I could get a 40mm stem and then the reach will only be 2,4mm longer.

I wrote and asked Olly Forster about his height and what size bike he was testing, in the article "YT Jeffsy 27 - First Ride"
    YT Jeffsy 27 - First Ride - Pinkbike

He is 5'9" (175.26 cm) and was riding a large.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnikn View Post
    I'm also torned between "M" and "L". I'm 180 cm / 5' 10.9"
    I currently have a Orange Crush Hardtail and chose the smaller size acording to their size guide.

Comparing geometry.

CRUSH toptube = 620mm. Almost same as JEFFSY Large (625mm)
    CRUSH reach = 436mm. Almost same as JEFFSY Medium (440mm)
    CRUSH stack = 621mm. closest to JEFFSY Large (611mm)

I like the reach of my current bike but if i choose the Jeffsy medium I'm afraid I will feel cramped when peddaling as of the shorter toptube.

If I choose the Jeffsy Large my reach will be 34mm longer plus an extra 10mm 'cause of the 60mm stem on the large Jeffsy (currently have 50mm).
    I know I could get a 40mm stem and then the reach will only be 2,4mm longer.

I wrote and asked Olly Forster about his height and what size bike he was testing, in the article "YT Jeffsy 27 - First Ride"
    YT Jeffsy 27 - First Ride - Pinkbike

He is 5'9" (175.26 cm) and was riding a large.
    Interesting! Also good on you for writing Olly. Did he mention any specifics on how the L felt?

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by bear99 View Post
    Interesting! Also good on you for writing Olly. Did he mention any specifics on how the L felt?
    How did the Large feel according to your height?

I'm 5'9".

It felt fine, about right. If I had to picky, it could have been a few mm longer in reach, but it did have 760mm bars and I ride 770s and the standover could be 20mm shorter.

But really, it's a great bike that will, for most people, be awesome!

460mm reach for a size large is becoming industry standard for size large trail and enduro bikes.

It may sound massive if your current bike is a few years old, but you'll love it!!! So much room to shift your weight and manage its distribution.

Hope that helps?

mtbr member
    They are no where near Mondraker's reach and TT. Watch the seat tube when sizing up as the large is 480 and may interfere with a 150mm dropper.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."