Jeffsy 27.5 Coil Shock Upgrade- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2016

Jeffsy 27.5 Coil Shock Upgrade

I'm considering going with the Super Deluxe Coil and have no idea what spring to start with. I'm 250lbs and normally run 250psi which gives me 30% sag. I'm sick of the factory Deluxe. I can't seem to get the Rebound right and I just got gas past the IFP again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jrm
    mtbr member
    Are you using any air reducers and needing to use 250 psi just to get 30% sag? Id try reducers which should give you more rebound range

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    Are you using any air reducers and needing to use 250 psi just to get 30% sag? Id try reducers which should give you more rebound range
    The problem is the Rebound is too fast on High speed and too slow on low speed. I'm 2 clicks out from full slow for rocky sections and I'm getting bucked on jumps. There's nothing I can do about the regular Deluxe I have now. It's been to Full flow for a custom tune which made it better. The bike has great pop but I would like to smooth it out a bit on the high speed side.

jrm
    mtbr member
    If youre getting bucked i say the suspension is imbalanced. Smoothing it could mean a reducer and lower psi to slow the rebound. Im around 200 and find that i have to use reducers since most of the OE fork/shock tunes are for guys that weigh 150 to 160. I never thought that 40lbs made THAT much of a difference but it does..

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    At 210lbs geared up I had to run two reducers in my Deluxe RT3 to keep it from sagging too far on the uphills and blowing through the travel. Rebound was always a problem though. Couldn't get a good setting that works over high speed braking bumps and work off jump faces. Going coil (CCDB CS) solved both issues for me. According to this spring calculator you would want a 625lb spring. https://www.tftuned.com/spring-calculator

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by nacho View Post
    At 210lbs geared up I had to run two reducers in my Deluxe RT3 to keep it from sagging too far on the uphills and blowing through the travel. Rebound was always a problem though. Couldn't get a good setting that works over high speed braking bumps and work off jump faces. Going coil (CCDB CS) solved both issues for me. According to this spring calculator you would want a 625lb spring. https://www.tftuned.com/spring-calculator
    Thanks.
    What you just explained was exactly the same issue. Thanks for the link also.