Ever think YT will do a shorter travel 29er?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2014

Ever think YT will do a shorter travel 29er?

Seems like a big market they are missing out on. I would be very interested in a 100-120 rear with a 120-130 fork out front. If they were able to offer it in line with their current pricing I bet it would be pretty popular.... so, has anyone heard anything?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    It certainly would be cool, but I don't see them doing that anytime soon since they're not as quick as other brands to refresh their bikes or come out with new models. Plus they emphasis seems to be on gravity riding and not xc grinding.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    I know I would absolutely love to see a 110-120r/120-130f 29er with something like a 67.5 or 68 HTA. Something to compete with bikes like the Yeti SB100. I think anyone who is interested in a bike like that should send them an email just saying that they would infact enjoy such a bike. Their customer service (in the US at least) is great and probably wouldn't hate suggestions like that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by evanofd View Post
    I know I would absolutely love to see a 110-120r/120-130f 29er with something like a 67.5 or 68 HTA. Something to compete with bikes like the Yeti SB100. I think anyone who is interested in a bike like that should send them an email just saying that they would infact enjoy such a bike. Their customer service (in the US at least) is great and probably wouldn't hate suggestions like that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I'd think, if anything, they'd go the "Transition route" and make it ~66-ish with offset fork and <17 cs. That would be more in-line with their DH/Enduro ethos. Maybe 130/110 (anything else would be too much overlap with Jeffsy).

And, yes: I'd be interested!!!
    Last edited by smartyiak; 05-31-2018 at 11:23 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I'd think, if anything, they'd go the "Transition route" and make it ~66-ish with offset fork and <17 cs. That would be more in-line with their DH/Endro ethos. Maybe 130/110 (anything else would be too much overlap with Jeffsy.

And, yes: I'd be interested!!!
    Yeah this would be exactly what I would want. I have a Jeffsy, but would be interested in a shorter travel bike to compliment it. Something along the lines of the Intense Sniper Trail/sb100/sb4.5/blur/allofthenewthings. If they were to offer an aluminum build for 2300 bucks it would sell like hot cakes.... and I'm sure all of the nicer models would as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MudderNutter View Post
    ...Something along the lines of the Intense Sniper Trail/sb100/sb4.5/blur/allofthenewthings.
    I was thinking more along the lines of: Tranny/GG/Evil/Process/alloftheburlythings!

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of: Tranny/GG/Evil/Process/alloftheburlythings!
    Haha, yeah I mean that sounds good too. Basically something with a clear separation from the Jeffsy that is still trail worthy. Seems like a whole market segment that they are missing out on.