Capra Help- Mtbr.com

Thread: Capra Help

mtbr member
    Jul 2014

Capra Help

Hey everyone. Right now I have a 2015 Remedy. Been having issues with the EVO Bracket and breaking them. Bike is about do to get replaced. Right now I have my Remedy setup as 150 Pike in front and Fox Float 140 rear. Really like the looks of the Capra. Looking at the AL version.

Just wanted to know if anyone had a remedy and switched to a Capra ? Thoughts ?

Also I am a bigger guy 250 without gear... I would be riding this on my single track most of the time.... and a few trips to Colorado (Trestle) every year. I want a bike that I don't have to worry about breaking. Something strong.... The Jeffsy seems ok, but I want the travel of the Capra and I really like the extra frame brace that it has over the Jeffsy...

Thanks for any input.
    2017 YT Capra CF
    2016 Motobecane Bullet
    2013 Trek Domane 2.3

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    I use to have a Fuel EX and have ridden a couple Remedys. I think Treks suspension design works well, but lends itself to a considerable amount of torsional flex (loose feeling) due to the complexity of the extra links and pivots. I believe they have fixed some of the problem with the new Slash (2017 on), but unfortunately that design hasn't trickled down to the Remedy.
    Now for the Capra mine has been rocksteady, stiff and predictable where it needs to be. It has done everything I have asked of it and in return I have had many new PRs on my local trails. I don't think you could go wrong with a Capra.