Buy or wait, i want a new Jeffsy CF Pro Race 29er- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2018

Buy or wait, i want a new Jeffsy CF Pro Race 29er

Wondering if the new 2019ís are coming out soon? Wondering if YT is going to close out the 2018ís..

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    From the other thread it looks like Jan 2019 for new model release.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    This 29 CF Pro Race really has my attention now as well - the spec is really nice for the price. I was just looking at the Pro but for $1k more you get alot. Most other's carbon wheels would cost that much more alone.

Do you think you'll pull the trigger before the 2019's drop @YTrider?

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by burutoo View Post
    This 29 CF Pro Race really has my attention now as well - the spec is really nice for the price. I was just looking at the Pro but for $1k more you get alot. Most other's carbon wheels would cost that much more alone.

Do you think you'll pull the trigger before the 2019's drop @YTrider?
    It appears there are a few things that could be sorted out with a new model that might be worth the wait. Reading forum posts it seems the seat post length could be shortened, and perhaps YT could get the deraillier/brakes switched up. Most seem to prefer SRAM groupset and Shimano for brakes. But I sold my bike and have the itch! I would like to wait..but it seems like its gonna be a while.
    Wish there was some type of promo to make me pull the trigger!

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Yah i'm with you on this. I wish they had some SRAM groupsets available but i have heard good things about the XTR. If they'd even do free shipping I'd get one now instead of waiting. Oh well, guess I'll see what the next couple weeks hold.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by burutoo View Post
    Yah i'm with you on this. I wish they had some SRAM groupsets available but i have heard good things about the XTR. If they'd even do free shipping I'd get one now instead of waiting. Oh well, guess I'll see what the next couple weeks hold.
    I have a CF Pro with the XTR Drivetrain and the Guide RSC brake. Coming from XX1 I'm not a huge fan of the Shimano drivetrain. it's not as crisp and falls out of tune pretty quick. I dig the Guide brakes. They came well bled and have worked flawlessly. My buddy got a Jeffsy as well and his Guides came with a mediocre bleed and feel a bit spongy.

I'd say wait if they go to a SRAM drivetrain or even the new XTR. Especially if that means you get a metric shock, shorter seat tube etc.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Have you compared the XTR to the NX or GX drivetrains? Just curious as other builds I'm looking at (IE: HTLT) come with these standard around the same price point as the CF Pro Race.

mtbr member
    Problem is that the prices will be perhaps higher next year.

I do also prefer the Sram groups. Love my Eagle.
    The Sram brakes have been good so far.

I will never understand why so many riders dig the cheap SLX stuff.
    No cage lock. I have to get of my bike to engage the clutch.
    And this shadow stuff...uhrr. It's annoying to adjust them. The Sram stuff is much easier to work with.
    Still I never have tried the XTR. I'm sure it will be better and I also like the shifters.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTrustMan View Post
    Problem is that the prices will be perhaps higher next year.

I do also prefer the Sram groups. Love my Eagle.
    The Sram brakes have been good so far.

I will never understand why so many riders dig the cheap SLX stuff.
    No cage lock. I have to get of my bike to engage the clutch.
    And this shadow stuff...uhrr. It's annoying to adjust them. The Sram stuff is much easier to work with.
    Still I never have tried the XTR. I'm sure it will be better and I also like the shifters.
    I am coming from GX 10spd 11-42x32 with Shimano brakes, I do prefer the Shimano brakes over SRAM, however the Shimano drivetrain vs SRAM I don't notice much difference. What I do notice is the 9t on the E*13 cassette, I have not been able to spin it out yet and I haven't found the my place in the gearing yet. Seems I'm constantly shifting into different gears to find my cadence, I'm sure I'll get used to it but it is different.

mtbr member
    I'd wait, at least I am..only cause I have too..they're sold out!! Grabbing a 2019 for sure. I'm just a weekend warrior so getting a $7,500-$10,000 Yeti, Mondraker, type bike would be stupid, for half the price almost with same specs...YT baby.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDjEdi View Post
    I'd wait, at least I am..only cause I have too..they're sold out!! Grabbing a 2019 for sure. I'm just a weekend warrior so getting a $7,500-$10,000 Yeti, Mondraker, type bike would be stupid, for half the price almost with same specs...YT baby.
    For even 1000 less than YT you can get the same specs on 2019 Radon.
    They just announced them.
    The problem with Radon Bikes is that they are ugly and with a too linear rear suspension.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTrustMan View Post
    For even 1000 less than YT you can get the same specs on 2019 Radon.
    They just announced them.
    The problem with Radon Bikes is that they are ugly and with a too linear rear suspension.
    And riding up with a Radon will really make you the envy of your riding buddies, hey..check out his new Huffy bike....lol. Just joking dude, never heard of Radon, just on the YT tip because of my boy Aaron Gwinn..and they do look sweet, and if the XTR rumors are true...Cha Ching!!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Yup, waiting on the 2019's here as well. I hope they fix the geometry numbers and be able to hold a normal water bottle