Boost on Jeffsy- Mtbr.com

Thread: Boost on Jeffsy

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Boost on Jeffsy

I was looking over the specs on the carbon pro and just as I was about to click the order button, I happen to notice that the fork says 15x100. So my question is, does the Jeffsy have boost rear but a non boost fork?

I have a brand new set of carbon wheels with I9 boost hubs that I would like to use and this would really mess things up for me.

Can anyone with a Jeffsy 27 confirm? My order is pending until I have an answer. I plan on reaching out to YT tomorrow but would love to get my order in tonight.

mtbr member
    I have the 29er version but I believe they are the same. Boost rear. Non-Boost front.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Yes. I got confirmation from YT today. Boost rear, no boost front. Kind of weird. Have to take it off the list for now. The deal on the bike isnít as good when you have to change the fork to run your carbon wheels.

mtbr member
    I was just looking at the new medium ship dates on the Jeffsy 29. I really want to push the fork to 150 annnnnnd its a 34 annnnndd its not boosted. Nope, cant do it. Its probably fine, but if I am going to drop $4500 I need the bike to be as stiff as possible based on tech and to know that when they drop the new one in February its not outdated already. Every other trail bike in that 29 range I can think of is boosted.
    Santa Cruz HTLT

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I hear ya church. It's really a Shame they do not have boost forks on these bikes. It's bad enough when your wheelset get outdated because all the bikes start coming with boost spacing, but now you have to buy mixed matched sets of wheels for a bike. No no one has a wheelset that will fit he bike, regardless of which type you have.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Does seem crazy and it would kill the deal if I had a nice set of carbon wheels I wanted to use. I wouldn't be surprised if the 18s have this but it won't make me personally regret the 17 purchase. I'm also going to be surprised if pricing doesn't go up 15% with how quickly these are selling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I got a 2016 carbon frame only and I need to buy the parts
    The crank is boost?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I know the feeling, contacted YT and they do not know whats coming on the 2018 models, or would not tell me since current modes are still selling. So I will wait for the 2018 specs.

If they do not have boost fork I will buy something else, hint hint YT.....

Do not make be buy a Yeti or Pivot.......

mtbr member
    May 2013
    There are a ton of cheap 29er non boost forks and hubs out there as nos inventory. When they are used up, I am sure the price between boost and non boost will even out. And YT will use boost.