Alternative for E13 dropper- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2018

Alternative for E13 dropper

Iíve had my 2019 Jeffsy CF Pro for about a year now and getting a bit sick of the stock e13 dropper. I had one replaced within a few weeks of receiving the bike as it wasnít returning to its top position. Now the current one has been pretty reliable but recently it has started to torsional play on the shaft. It probably needs a new brass key. Itís also rough in dropping with the current colder temperatures.

Anyway Iím considering replacing it with something more reliable. Considering the Fox Transfer Perf Elite. Any suggestions for a good pairing with the Jeffsy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out spokin'
    I don't have a Jeffsy but I've tried a few droppers (KS, BikeYoke, OneUp). Used my BikeYoke a year and a half and feel it's top drawer (still works just like new).

But a friend has had good luck with his OneUp so a few months ago I put one of their 210mm droppers on my hardtail and so far I've found it to perform just about as well as the BikeYoke at about half the cost. Perhaps best of all, OneUp droppers are available in 10mm travel increments from 100-210mm and offer the lowest overall stack height of any post on the market. This amounts to maximum drop in a given space. I'm pretty sold on them.

Can's say much for my experience with KS. I had 3 or 4 of their posts BITD and they all failed or got so sluggish that I donated them.

Best of luck finding the right dropper for your bike. A good dropper is a joy to own & use.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Is the OneUp plug and play with the e*13 dropper/cable/whatever? Intriguing option. I don't _hate_ the e*13 dropper, do not like the actuation at all. And dislike having only 3 positions.

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by objectuser View Post
    Is the OneUp plug and play with the e*13 dropper/cable/whatever? Intriguing option. I don't _hate_ the e*13 dropper, do not like the actuation at all. And dislike having only 3 positions.
    I'm not familiar with the e*13 dropper, but there are two types of post/lever attachments.

All droppers utilize a shifter cable between post and lever. The cable's ferrule either goes at the post end or the lever end. With OneUp's dropper, the ferrule goes at the post end, the bare cable is clamped at the lever end.

Check your lever. If the cable is clamped there, you should be able to use it with a new OneUp dropper, should you decide to buy one. OTOH if the cable's ferrule is at your lever, then you'll probably need to buy a new lever, too.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    my previous bike had a PNW Components dropper which I liked, so I will be installing a PNW Rainier on my new to me 2017 Capra 275. Just gotta wait for my REI dividend to drop.
    51% smartass, 49% dumbass

Instagram: _parkmeister