All 2018 Jeffsies on Sale- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

All 2018 Jeffsies on Sale

YT posted on their Facebook that all 18 Jeffsies are on sale. 27 and 29. Up to $400.

Browsing on their site, it appears all the carbon Jeffsies are $400 off. And the aluminum Jeffsies are only $300 or $200 off depending on the model.

This means new Jeffsy coming soon?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikeventures View Post
    This means new Jeffsy coming soon?
    That's what I was thinking too. The new Capra has some pretty "modern" geometry, and the Jeffsy doesn't...makes perfect sense to bring it into the fold.

mtbr member
    If the new Jeffsy has modern geo and can fit a full size bottle, it's "shut up and take my money" time.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    What do you guys mean by modern geo? Slacker front end, shorter chainstays? Or something else?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by burutoo View Post
    What do you guys mean by modern geo? Slacker front end, shorter chainstays? Or something else?
    Pretty much. The trend is to add more reach, more wheelbase. For example, I'm 5'6" and I prefer the medium frame. So I can see YT making the small more like the medium for the next version. In terms of head angle and seat angle, the Jeffsy is already spot on. Any more slack, then just buy the Capra.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Pretty much. The trend is to add more reach, more wheelbase. For example, I'm 5'6" and I prefer the medium frame. So I can see YT making the small more like the medium for the next version. In terms of head angle and seat angle, the Jeffsy is already spot on. Any more slack, then just buy the Capra.
    Very true. It will be interesting to see what YT does with the 2019 Jeffsy...

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    2019 Jeffsy will have the same numbers as the 2018 Capra.
    2019 Capra will have the same numbers as the 2018 Tues.
    Tues will be discontinued and a new XC Trail bike will be introduced. No information on the name yet, but specs will be the same as the 2017 Jeffsy.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Why would they do this rather than just come out with a new Jeffsy? Makes no sense.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by BunniBoi View Post
    2019 Jeffsy will have the same numbers as the 2018 Capra.
    2019 Capra will have the same numbers as the 2018 Tues.
    Tues will be discontinued and a new XC Trail bike will be introduced. No information on the name yet, but specs will be the same as the 2017 Jeffsy.

And you know all this how?
    2019 Santa Cruz 5010 Carbon C. R Build, in Purple.
    Spank//i9//Deity//Magura//MRP

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Jeffsy could use longer reach and a shorter seat tube, plus room for a bottle would be nice. I just got mine in January and don't have upgradeitis, still a great bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    They just released the Aluminum Tues, doubt the CF Tues is going anywhere, for now.
    2019 Santa Cruz 5010 Carbon C. R Build, in Purple.
    Spank//i9//Deity//Magura//MRP

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbrochills View Post
    And you know all this how?
    Pretty sure he's making a joke about how companies are always changing things saying they're innovative but are only just recycling specs.

mtbr member
    Emailed YT to see if they would be getting any more stock of the 27.5 CF Pro Races, but they said they weren't and the 2019 Jeffsy is expected 1st quarter of '19.

jrm
    mtbr member
    If the new Jeffsy has modern geo and can fit a full size bottle, it's "shut up and take my money" time.
    My understanding is using a side load bottle cage allows use of a full sized water bottle. Cheers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    My understanding is using a side load bottle cage allows use of a full sized water bottle. Cheers.
    Are you talking about the Thirstmaster 3000? It only holds .5L. Some of the newer frames allow bigger bottles. It's not a dealbreaker, but would be great if they could figure it out.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Haven't followed YT pricing in the past. Is this considered a good deal? Any idea of a better Black Friday sale? And when the 2019s release, do they typically put them on sale? Just trying to figure best time to buy since winter is right around the corner and I probably won't ride much.

jrm
    mtbr member
    nope. that things a rip off. On PB people are using side load cages which removes the bottle length limitation from under the shock. And by doing there able to fit a reg sized bottle and it cost alot less..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tygger View Post
    Haven't followed YT pricing in the past. Is this considered a good deal? Any idea of a better Black Friday sale? And when the 2019s release, do they typically put them on sale? Just trying to figure best time to buy since winter is right around the corner and I probably won't ride much.
    YT offers various models on sale from now until the end of the year. 2019 models are usually announced towards the end of January.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Missed my chance to buy a Jeffsy entry level model in eithe 27 or 29inch. Could move up to Jeffsy Comp. Why sell bikes if you will be out of stock for as many as four months☹️

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    I missed out as well on the XL Jeffsy AL.