2020 Jeffsys/AL Version updates?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2019

2020 Jeffsys/AL Version updates?

When do people think they will come out? Any news on whether the AL version will get updated geo?

I know they probably aren't doing a full refresh, but do they do new colors every year?

YT seems pretty awesome and im anxious for news to see if I want to buy one lol .

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Im thinking they are waiting till they sell off all the existing AL bikes before they release the new ones. The new AL should be the same new geo of the new 2019 carbon Jeffsy. Im also waiting to see how the new AL bike will be speced

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    I'm also patiently waiting for this. Basically, as soon as I see an updated AL Jeffsy I'm going to run for my wallet.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Originally I wanted to order a 2019 AL 29. Later I learned about the geo difference between the AL and the CF models and was a little disappointed. I had a chance to go to the Rolling Circus in massanutten bike park. I rode YT demos all day. Jeffsy, Capra, Tues, in 27 and 29 configurations in sizes L and XL. I basically lived at their tent. I was bummed because I had ordered a 29 AL in L. And in the CF models I felt better on a XL, they didn't have any ALs for testing. Long story short I upgraded to the CF comp model, and have a XL on the way. But when I was ordering my 29 AL I couldn't get the black magic color I wanted and was told they would be recieving anymore. It was done and sold out for good. So pick another color or model. With that said it seems we are close to seeing what the new AL has in store for us.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    If it comes with eagle GX and a 36mm stanchion fork option Id look really hard at it over a Capra If it only comes with a Pike or Fox 34 Im out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by fiveo View Post
    If it comes with eagle GX and a 36mm stanchion fork option Id look really hard at it over a Capra If it only comes with a Pike or Fox 34 Im out.
    I wouldn't hold your breath, they arn't going to put a GX on the new AL Jeffsy, it will likely get a SX eagle. Also, lots of people thing the Jeffsy is too comparible to the capra now. It's at the end of the spectrum for what you would consider to be a trail bike, and right before enduro. Go al capra if you want enduro, it's a awesome bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Looking for an aggressive trail bike that can be pedaled all day. A 140mm rear. 150/160 front Moab bike.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Go with a Capra CF Pro. With the GX eagle and rockshox suspension that stays high in the travel, its a great agg trail bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    I think the geo will get updated to match the CF geo predicting sx groupset with rockshox suspension and shimano brakes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Any idea on when we might see the new AL bikes?

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by fiveo View Post
    Any idea on when we might see the new AL bikes?
    Usually YT release the annual update in January.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    I just hope they come out with a AL Comp with the new geo because the current Base config is horrible.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Whats particularly bad about the base configuration?

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Your Paying 2400 for a fox 34 Rhythm (dont confuse the rhythem with the elite) and a base fox dps rear. For $200 more you get a capra with Lyric and RockShox SuperDeluxe R.

So i hope for 2020 they do a comp edition for a few hundred more and better shocks.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    I've been getting google ads while browsing from YT saying "Coming soon". Unless this is an un-updated ad from 2019, could this be an omen =o. Anyone else?

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Crossing my fingers the 2020 Jeffsy Pro Race will ditch Shimano/E13 drivetrain for SRAM Eagle and throw in a 170 min dropper.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    I got to ride the Jeffsy at Thunder Mountain and wow what an amazing bike. Got two good pieces of information. 1. YT is opening East coat office in North Carolina. 2. The 2020 AL will be updated with new GEO and this part he would not confirm but was pretty sure that there will be more than one AL version.

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by seankdebree View Post
    Crossing my fingers the 2020 Jeffsy Pro Race will ditch Shimano/E13 drivetrain for SRAM Eagle and throw in a 170 min dropper.
    Hopefully it's XTR9100/XT8100 mix on drivetrain and brakes. Better than Eagle and waaaay better than SRAM brakes. I put XT8020 brakes on my 2019 Pro Race and will swap drivetrain to XT8100 when the XTR9000/e13 wears out.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I'd love to see a CF pro with Shimano 8100, 150mm 36 fork, and dpx2.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Do you think the new aluminum model will just have updated geo to match the current carbon model? Or will it be the next step and have even more trendy geo (longer/slacker/steeper STA)? Is YT willing to make the bike slacker than the carbon version like Ibis did?

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Looks like there is no longer an aluminium model. Website updated overnight. https://ca.yt-industries.com/detail/.../sCategory/514

g=9.764m/s2
    With Capra Base having SX Eagle drivetrain, Id not want the Jeffsy Base anyway...UGH!

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Just saw a post from YT on Instagram that AL is coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    AL Jeffsy Base is up on YT site

SX drivetrain but price is such that upgrades are still budget-friendly

mtbr member
    Jan 2020
    Yep.. not that good value for money unless you really REALLY want an alloy frame. If you start to upgrade it, you have to spent more money than the carbon version would cost and it still wont be with as good components.

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    Not impressed with the SX componentry, but that blue color sure is beautiful.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Yeah the blue is... really cool looking.

Up In Smoke
    Nice! I dig it. I wasn't planning on getting a new bike but I am now. I'm fine with SX drivetrain, I've used worse components in the past.
    Kind of like playing an electric drum kit

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I emailed them hoping for a "Pro" version of the aluminum frame, or a frame only option. No dice. They say they have no plans for either. Maybe we can drum up enough interest?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

g=9.764m/s2
    Quote Originally Posted by avc8130 View Post
    I emailed them hoping for a "Pro" version of the aluminum frame, or a frame only option. No dice. They say they have no plans for either. Maybe we can drum up enough interest?
    They just joined all the YT groups on Facebook... talk it up on there...

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Undescended View Post
    They just joined all the YT groups on Facebook... talk it up on there...
    Requests to join submitted. I'd order a $3000-3200 pro aluminum bike immediately!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

2020 Jeffsys/AL Version updates?

I agree. Effectively what I bought back in 2017 before they started a continual downgrading of the aluminum build. It a great bike for the price now but a higher build option would sell like crazy.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    At the current build spec and price - the smarter bike for upgrading some bits is the carbon comp...

IF they offered the alum at say 2799 w the Carbon comp kit, that would be a no brainer or like the new RipmoAF - high end suspension as a priority and a well thought out build and land at similar price of 2999

a frame only w a DPX2 shock in at about the 1400-1500 range would be a cool option and likely sell like crazy