Thread: 2019?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

2019?

any news on whether any changes to 2019 lineup?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    ??
    Crickets??

mtbr member
    Hoping for a Jeffsy make-over; certainly most likely considering the Capra and Tues were both re-done this year. My wish list:
    1. Shorter seat tube (this is almost a given considering what YT did with both Capra and Tues) 400 mm on a size M.
    2. Threaded BB... yeah yeah, they weigh more and have to be "bonded" into the carbon but all the other hi-end bikes have them so get with the program YT!
    3. 65-65.5 deg HTA and 77-77.5 deg STA with 450 mm reach on size Med. Keep travel at 140 F/R or maybe use a 150mm fork.
    4. Less fork offset - 44mm for 29'rs. This one is puzzling because everyone is now leaning towards this and YT WAS pioneering that but went with the longer 51mm rakes this year... I'm guessing that was purely a supply/cost issue.
    5. Sram 12sp drivetrains... no reason NOT to go there now that they have NX level price point.
    6. DIFFERENT LENGTH CRANKS FOR DIFFERENT SIZE FRAMES!!! WHEN are the bike manufacturers going to do this??? They already do this with the chainstay lengths so...
    Small = 165, med = 170, large - 175, xl = 180mm cranks
    7. Uhm... build more bikes??? They sold out in, like, a week for many of the Capra sizes... FOR. THE. YEAR!
    8. Use a better topcoat system for chip/scratch resistance... as a coatings/composites expert and rep for Evonik (German Co).. they can do a HELLUVA lot better in that dept. with LOCAL technology. NO EXCUSE for that one tho it will add some cost.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    Last edited by Gman086; 09-30-2018 at 09:51 PM.
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

bike rider
    Yes, it's safe to assume a new Jeffsy. No changes to Capra and we've already seen the 2019 Tues.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Yeah I'm betting on a Jeffsy...

Changes that need to be made:
    -ISCG tabs for a bashguard
    -Shorter seat tubes, so all the threads on sizing can stop

what do i REALLY want them to make though?!

-ROWDY 120mm 29er. What a market they are missing out on. Such a big portion of the market really doesn't require 140mm on the daily.

mtbr member
    I agree with most of these except 12speed. Who really needs 12 speed, with 9-46 e13 casette
    More you beef it up, more it will handle like a cow....

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobiemario View Post
    I agree with most of these except 12speed. Who really needs 12 speed, with 9-46 e13 casette
    I'm with you here... YT has to keep the costs down somewhere, and the E13 cassette has been great for me. I could care less about 12 speed... of course I wouldn't be mad if I had it. I just don't see it as a "must upgrade".

mtbr member
    ^^ 12 speeds isn't a big deal to me either but Sram shifter and rear ders sure as HELL are; YT has it backwards... spec'ing Sram brakes and Shimano shifters/ders!!! SMH

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Since most everyone here is posting what they wish, not what they honestly think will happen, here's mine:

don't make any changes at all until they figure out how to make enough bikes to keep up with demand. The only way to get a 2018 was to pre-order it 6 months before delivery, and now they're sold out for ever...

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    Since most everyone here is posting what they wish, not what they honestly think will happen, here's mine:

don't make any changes at all until they figure out how to make enough bikes to keep up with demand. The only way to get a 2018 was to pre-order it 6 months before delivery, and now they're sold out for ever...
    What a good problem to have!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I hope YT doesn't follow the industry trend of a refresh just to have a refresh. They just updated the color scheme and components on the Jeffsy, so why would they come out with a brand new bike?

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Does anyone have a realistic date that YT might debut its 2019 bikes? they have blemished 2018 i would buy but id rather have 2018 2019 at full price...

bike rider
    Quote Originally Posted by matadorCE View Post
    I hope YT doesn't follow the industry trend of a refresh just to have a refresh. They just updated the color scheme and components on the Jeffsy, so why would they come out with a brand new bike?
    Because the geo is considered dated, especially compared to their own enduro bike. The 2019 Jeffsy large will have the same reach as the 2018 X-large (and the 2018 Capra large). I predict they'll also slacken the head angle 1/2 a degree at least. I think the 2018 bikes showed up on the website and in press releases in Feb or March so expect the same in 2019

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    Because the geo is considered dated, especially compared to their own enduro bike. The 2019 Jeffsy large will have the same reach as the 2018 X-large (and the 2018 Capra large). I predict they'll also slacken the head angle 1/2 a degree at least. I think the 2018 bikes showed up on the website and in press releases in Feb or March so expect the same in 2019
    Its definitely gonna be some small updates like that. I generally ride a medium bike, but am on a large Jeffsy for the reach. Since everything fits me so well I wonder if Ill be wanting the next gen... we shall see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Typically January I believe. Just wait and get ready to pounce when they're announced.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I keep hearing this, but the GEO of the Jeffsey is almost identical to the new Stumpjumper which is getting accolades left and right. The biggest difference is the seattube length which I agree is a bit long on the Jeffsey.
    Redding Trail Alliance - www.reddingtrailalliance.org

bike rider
    ^Exactly. I just talked my friend into getting a large Jeffsey but we're worried he won't be able to fit on the 6" dropper. We'll find out this evening when we build it. He used to ride mediums but after trying some bikes agreed that the reach of the large feels better. The next Jeffsey will have reach and seat tube numbers in line with the current Capra.

bike pamper-er
    I talked to JM (YT Canada support guy) while trying to get a refund for my Capra that it turns out they didn't have for me after I already paid, he said they expect a price hike next year. Hopefullu they're spending more on getting bikes built and shipped into the US/Canada, to speed up the number of bikes actually being sent to customers. Other than that, I would expect a jeffsy redesign. Probably nothing too crazy, still same travel, probably a little slacker, maybe steeper seat tube, definitely shorter deat tube, and hopefully rockshox pike across the lineup. Stiffer than the fox 34, which mtbr said was the only thing holding the jeffsy back from being the hands-down winner of trail bike of the year. And I have no reason to believe such a bike will be made, but wouldn't it be nice if YT made an all-mountain hardtail as well? something to rival Chromag and Orange's slack, long hardtails.

bike rider
    Quote Originally Posted by cakeba View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if YT made an all-mountain hardtail as well? something to rival Chromag and Orange's slack, long hardtails.
    It seems like those only exist on the internet. I work at a fairly busy bike shop in a popular riding destination in the CO Rockies and never see "AM hardtails". I think that catagory must be really localized to certain regions. Or maybe because bikes are more expensive in Canada more people up there can't afford rear suspension?

bike pamper-er
    It seems like those only exist on the internet. I work at a fairly busy bike shop in a popular riding destination in the CO Rockies and never see "AM hardtails". I think that catagory must be really localized to certain regions.
    Funnily enough, the reason I said that was because I just last week bought a Chromag Stylus and thought that it was such a great bike, it's a mystery why more bike brands aren't making hardtails like it. I'd love to see a carbon fiber AM hardtail, since most are steel and some are aluminum. Imagine the versatility!

mtbr member
    Im with you there. Id love to see YT AM hardtail. With 27.5 plus or 29 compatibility. Good fork. 1x11. Good brakes. Alu and carbon. Id send them some of my money again 🤭

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I keep hearing this, but the GEO of the Jeffsey is almost identical to the new Stumpjumper which is getting accolades left and right. The biggest difference is the seattube length which I agree is a bit long on the Jeffsey.

Same. Im jonesing for something around 130mm. Id like to be able to run 29x2.6.

mtbr member
    Hello hello...

Any November YT 2019 updates on lineup, announcements, ordering?

Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobiemario View Post
    Im with you there. Id love to see YT AM hardtail. With 27.5 plus or 29 compatibility. Good fork. 1x11. Good brakes. Alu and carbon. Id send them some of my money again 🤭
    Me too on that. lately I look with vicious eyes a friends Whyte 905 (lovely machine btw). Wouldn'thesitatee too of sending some bucks for something playful and wild HT.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Oh boy!... fingers crossed and delaying the TUES AL that was about to order. Capra could handle BP days year 2019.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Man I was planning on riding my 2018 Jeffsy for another season... but if the new one comes in that color scheme... has a 36... and ISCG mounts for a bash guard... and other things that excite me... I'm gonna have trouble not buying one

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by MudderNutter View Post
    and ISCG mounts for a bash guard...
    Why do you keep repeating this? The jeffsy has ISCG mounts. I'm running a Oneup ISCG bashguide on mine and the holes are clearly visible in the images on their site.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    My YT Jeffsy CF 2018 doesn't have ISCG mounts. I even went to double check my bike after I saw your post. Thought maybe I was blind as a bat and over looked that when I mounted my e-type chain guide. :-)

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by BunniBoi View Post
    Why do you keep repeating this? The jeffsy has ISCG mounts. I'm running a Oneup ISCG bashguide on mine and the holes are clearly visible in the images on their site.
    Cause you got a 27 bunniboi. If the 29 had them I would stop repeating it. So yeah... it would be sweet if the 29ers had them.

mtbr member
    From Markus' posts it does not look like hardtail. Come onnnnnnnn finalllyyyy... I wanna knowwwww

bike rider
    Garans it's just the updated Jeffsy. God I hate typing that name. Maybe they'll change it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Garans it's just the updated Jeffsy. God I hate typing that name. Maybe they'll change it.
    Jeffsy w/ a Fox 36 fork? So much fork for their trail oriented bike. Difficult to see anything but my bet is for a different type of bike (140-150mm HT?)

mtbr member
    Same here:
    Looking for a great Enduro Hardtail with a big long and slack geometry.
    There are a few that I have my eye on right now like the Bird Zero.

Still, if YT makes a hardtail with PF BB and IS Headset than I'm out.

bike rider
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTDI View Post
    Jeffsy w/ a Fox 36 fork? So much fork for their trail oriented bike. Difficult to see anything but my bet is for a different type of bike (140-150mm HT?)
    Nothing weird about a 36 set at 140 or 150 on a mid travel bike. That photo of a chainstay doesn't look like a hardtail to me.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Nothing weird about a 36 set at 140 or 150 on a mid travel bike. That photo of a chainstay doesn't look like a hardtail to me.
    Yup. Noticed it on the photos. But I don't know where to put another double suspension bike on the YT range: Jeffsy <-> Capra <-> Tues.

Maybe an XC but... I see too much fork for such squishy and weight weenie class. A HT is the logical step (IMHO, could be horribly wrong).

mtbr member
    Oct 2014

2019?

Yup. Noticed it on the photos. But I don't know where to put another double suspension bike on the YT range: Jeffsy Capra Tues.

Maybe an XC but... I see too much fork for such squishy and weight weenie class. A HT is the logical step (IMHO, could be horribly wrong).
    There is a gaping hole in one of the most popular segments of the market... the rowdy short travel 29ers. I would be all over a YT with a 110-120 rear and a 130 fork. I would also be very interested in a hardtail.

Those pics have got to be the new Jeffsy though

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by MudderNutter View Post
    There is a gaping hole in one of the most popular segments of the market... the rowdy short travel 29ers. I would be all over a YT with a 110-120 rear and a 130 fork.
    Till now with 3 frames and 2 wheel sizes they have a good spread on riding attitude. Maybe is the new Jeffsy but... really I don't feel they needed to rewamp it.

Spez stumpy has almost the same geometry and guys get a hardon with that bike (never liked Spez... they make proprietary things that should be a standard).

bike rider
    Maybe is the new Jeffsy but... really I don't feel they needed to rewamp it.
    You don't think it's weird that the Jeffsey is a full size shorter than the Capra and has a slacker seat tube? How about that it's the only bike in its class that doesn't have a normal water bottle mount during an age when everyone asks for it? Or the lack of ISCG on the 29er? Also, since the Capra, then Tues got revamped it just seems like the Jeffsey is due for it. Even if the geometry didn't need an update I'd expect a freshening and refining. This all seems obvious enough to me that I will be SHOCKED if I'm wrong and just in time (well, a month or so earlier than I expected), along comes a sneak peak of a new full suspension chainstay. I'd love to be wrong since surprises are interesting but I'm sure I'm right and I don't think they'll also release another new bike in '19.