2018 YT TUES MOB edition (advice needed)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2017

2018 YT TUES MOB edition (advice needed)

Hi guyz. I need some advice here on some question. Hope to get some help from you guyz.
    1. I wanted to change to coil shock. Any recommendation set up or paring? I love the plush feeling on my N4 with the coil. I weight 90kg

2. I intend to switch out the 7 speed for a 11 or 12 speed for local riding. May I know currently the e thirteen 7-21t is running on what hub ? XD or Shimano. If I get the SRAM eagle 12 speed can fit ?

3. Lastly, I need a dropper any idea where can we route the dropper cable ? Seems very compact.

Thank to all.
    I still love my TUES so much it just give me all the confident for going more aggressively。

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Wondering if you bought the wrong bike. From what you sounds a Capra CF Pro Race could do better (and cheaper) than buying the wrong bike and making changes (and burning dough to).

ready to ride
    1. Shouldn't be an issue at all. I have been quite happy with my X2 non coil but if money wans't an object would put an X2 coil on. Fox or YT should be able to give you some advice on the coil.

2. Isn't going to happen. I'm kind of in the same boat. While my Tues is mainly for park I have a few trails I wouldn't mind being able to pedal. The e13 is a bit of a proprietary hub and to my knowledge nothing other than an e13 7 speed will fit. So you are looking at a new hub and rebuild or a new wheel. Then you are also looking at a new drive train. I have resided just to put a 28t chainring on.

3. I also don' think it will happen. The seat post depth is tiny. I haven't measured all post but I don't see one fitting maybe a 100mm.

I have also learned there really isn't a one do it all bike. I love my Tues for park. There is a rare ocassion I wouldn't mind having a big bike for some big features but the reality is my HD4 trail bike is sufficient. However I am considering getting the Capra as my XC bike
    Sent via my heady vibes from the heart of Pisgahstan

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Hi mattnmtns.

Thks for your reply. I do agree that coil shock is more plush. But airshock
    Is much easier to tune. I will heading to seaotterclassic this April. Hope
    Can look more into the coil shock.
    By the way what you advice on the conversion is good. But I did do a dry run
    And notice the chain will hit the upper swing arm. Hence I also decided to go
    With 28t boost chain ring.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I was told I could only go to a 32t chainring from the stock 34t because the chain would hit the chain stay. Is a 28t working out for you guys. I would love to have a easier gear.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Hi. The chain ring just arrive this week. Will update soon.