2018 YT Capra 29 - Page 12- Mtbr.com
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Results 1,101 to 1,127 of 1127
    mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by MatiCK View Post
    Fork from capra 29 al comp 2019 have fit grip2 or fit?
    Grip2. Basically, the Fox 36 Performance Elite has the same functionality as the Factory version, just without the Kashima coating.

Although YT is not really precise on its website, the X2 in the AL Comp does not have the additional HSC and HSR adjustability of the Factory version. However, apart from the standard settings, you can adjust LSC and LSR.

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Love the revised look with the white decals. The orange accents never did it for me. Any way you could point me in the direction of where you got those sticker kits?

mtbr member
    GRIP2

Edit: didn't see previous answer

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by billb0872 View Post
    I sent a message to YT, was curious on team feedback.. I guess it is still 51mm offset..

ď I apologize about that, it is a typo on the website. The 2019 Capra Pro Race fork is a 51mm offset as Fox does not produce a 170mm 36 with a 44mm offset. Hang tight and we will get that fixed asapĒ
    Also apparently that's only due to the fork not existing, since the 29" Capra CF Pro allegedely comes with a Lyric with a 42mm offset.

mtbr member
    Not entirely true... The Fox Performance Elite doesn't come with reduced offset. But the Factory model does come in a 44mm offset with Grip2 damper:
    https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/pro...Recurring+Recs

Edit...that is a 160. Forgot the Pro Race has a 170.
    Last edited by LaCostaClydesdale; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:17 PM. Reason: more info
    2018 YT Capra CF Pro 29er XXL

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    The YT website still says 44 mm rake for the PE fork on the Capra 27 and 29 AL Comp as well as for the Factory fork on the Capra 27 and 29 CF Pro Race. However, I am only 90% sure that this is correct.
    So can we assume that at least for the 160 mm PE fork on the Capra 29 AL Comp 44 mm is correct?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I have been actively thinking about going reduced offset fork, I DMíd the team at YT. The quote I shared above was their reply. Unless folks receiving 2019 bikes chime in letting us know how bikes are specs on arrival, I am not sure we will get a concrete answer.

For people getting their 2019s with Fox gear, run the code on the Fox website and let us know what it says on offset.

Quote Originally Posted by Lando555 View Post
    The YT website still says 44 mm rake for the PE fork on the Capra 27 and 29 AL Comp as well as for the Factory fork on the Capra 27 and 29 CF Pro Race. However, I am only 90% sure that this is correct.
    So can we assume that at least for the 160 mm PE fork on the Capra 29 AL Comp 44 mm is correct?
    Last edited by billb0872; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:52 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolHead209 View Post
    How's the Capra going? I just ordered a medium - the website said the medium size was suitable for those 5'3 upwards so thought I'dd be OK at just under 5'6, although I have short legs too.
    How tall are you, and how do you find the reach?

Cheers!
    hey- just sharing my experience. I came from a med nomad v3 (last gen) and for me the sm/med 29 feels great. not much of a adjustment from the 27.5 wheels at all and the wheelbase doesnt feel too long which i was worried about. You're gonna love it!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by LaCostaClydesdale View Post
    Not entirely true... The Fox Performance Elite doesn't come with reduced offset. But the Factory model does come in a 44mm offset with Grip2 damper:
    https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/pro...Recurring+Recs

Edit...that is a 160. Forgot the Pro Race has a 170.
    The Pivot Firebird 29 does come with a 170mm Fox Factory 36 Grip 2 fork with 44mm offset.

https://www.descendmountainbike.com/...ivotendurobike

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    My CF capra creaks were coming from set tube - seat post area. Carbon mounting grease and a bit tighter torque on seatpost screw resolved the problem.

mtbr member
    SB150 also has a 170mm 36 with 44mm offset. Pretty sure Fox will build the forks however YT desires.

I am also curious on offset for 2019 Capra 29ers.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Hey what model Capra do you have? I just test fitted a bearing mount Super Deluxe on my 2018 Capra Al 29 and it doesnít look like itís going to work. The diameter of the bearing mount seems to be keeping the bolt holes from lining up.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    What model Capra do you have? I test fitted a bearing mount super deluxe on my AL 29er and the diameter of the bearings seem to be keeping the holes from lining up.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Hello fellow Capra owners! Greetings from Finland! Just purchased a new 2019 Capra Pro CF model! I have been extremely happy with it. Bike is just great!!

Size L fits perfectly for me (I am 174cm or 5'8).

I updated the stem and bars to suit better my riding position.

Here is my bike:

2018 YT Capra 29-capra_ed.jpg

Today I did some maintenance and I am just wondering the quite small tolerance between the rear brake rotor and the frame. But this must be normal?

2018 YT Capra 29-capra_gap.jpg

Thanks for any comments, cheers!

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Did some comparison on my friends bikes; Scott and Cannondale - both had similar 'tight' tolerances between rear brake rotor and frame, even smaller... so all good!

Learning something new bike tech every day ;-)

mtbr member
    Just checked another Capra 29 and yeah, fairly tight between the frame and rotor. Glad you're liking your Capra. That black and white colorway looks great. Have fun!

BTW, what did you use for the rear fender?

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Thanks kwapik,

The rear fender is this:

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/...stealth-684082

The bottom bracket is protected with this one:

https://www.rockguardz.com/rockguard...ockguardz.html

The carbon rockguardz looks really nice, and it does not need any glue etc. to be attached - it just fits perfectly...

The rims has some custom decal stickers to give that 'camo' look...

Yep, Capra exceeded my expectations for a enduro bike! And I think it goes really well on 'flatter' trails also!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari71 View Post
    Thanks kwapik,

The rear fender is this:

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/...stealth-684082

The bottom bracket is protected with this one:

https://www.rockguardz.com/rockguard...ockguardz.html

The carbon rockguardz looks really nice, and it does not need any glue etc. to be attached - it just fits perfectly...

The rims has some custom decal stickers to give that 'camo' look...

Yep, Capra exceeded my expectations for a enduro bike! And I think it goes really well on 'flatter' trails also!
    Thanks for the links.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I get some worrying "snap" noises from what appears to be the head tube, on harder impacts. Or just from slamming the front of the bike into the ground, though it doesn't always happen. The headset is tight enough, it's clean and greased. There is no play. I have pretty much ruled out the possibility of it being the cables that are hanging from the handlebar smacking into one another. It could be the cables internally, although if I pull them from the holes on the frame they don't really come, they don't seem loose enough to be able to slap the frame from the inside with such force. It's a CF Capra, I guess if it was aluminum it would reverberate more like a "clank". Has anyone else had this happen?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Could it be the fork CSU? A cheap stethoscope will help you find the source pretty quickly. If it make a loud sound under impact, it should still make a quieter sound that you can detect via testing in a work stand. This has saved me many times, especially when I though bearings were bad, or had noise coming from a seatpost. Stopped me from spending lots of time and money fixing all possible options, got me quickly to the source of the problem.

https://smile.amazon.com/Ever-Ready-...s%2C143&sr=8-7

Quote Originally Posted by Knyfzedge View Post
    I get some worrying "snap" noises from what appears to be the head tube, on harder impacts. Or just from slamming the front of the bike into the ground, though it doesn't always happen. The headset is tight enough, it's clean and greased. There is no play. I have pretty much ruled out the possibility of it being the cables that are hanging from the handlebar smacking into one another. It could be the cables internally, although if I pull them from the holes on the frame they don't really come, they don't seem loose enough to be able to slap the frame from the inside with such force. It's a CF Capra, I guess if it was aluminum it would reverberate more like a "clank". Has anyone else had this happen?

bike rider
    My stock headset made similar sounds under the same conditions until I replaced it with a Cane Creek 110. I was kind of blaming the CSU but replaced the headset just to see what happens.
    Keep the Country country.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I replaced the upper headset with another one from a broken dh frame that I had laying around and the "snap" sound hasn't returned. That's a bit odd since the Acros one that I took out seems to be in great condition...

bike rider
    Yeah, my Acros was only a month or so old and looked brand new but replacing it with the 110 silenced the front end.

mtbr member
    I replaced the upper headset with another one from a broken dh frame that I had laying around and the "snap" sound hasn't returned. That's a bit odd since the Acros one that I took out seems to be in great condition...
    The stock Acros has a plastic compression ring that isn't split - it doesn't surprise me at all that it's causing a problem even though the bearings are fine. I'd guess if you just replaced the compression ring with one from Cane Creek, the noise would go away.

bike rider
    Good point. If I could do it again I'd cut a split in the ring and try that before buying the 110.

mtbr member
    [Edited...posted in the wrong thread!]

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Finally had the Push refitted for the Capra, first ride today. I thought the X2 was great, the 11-6 is even better. Set it up for Trail and DH, out of the box perfect.

It rides higher in the sag, a bit less susceptible to pedal strikes on the tech, also a great position for climbing. Set up as HD trail, high-setting.

2018 YT Capra 29-fcee95f3-db84-4f9b-8ad3-a90d887361f4.jpg
    2018 YT Capra 29-f65bbd43-3c5c-4a81-81c8-cd551c6625a8.jpg

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112