2018 Jeffsy AL 29 Seat Post Question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2017

2018 Jeffsy AL 29 Seat Post Question

Hello,

I just received my new bike and I was stoked to pull it out and assemble it. I ordered a size L due to the fact that I am 6"1 and all my other bikes have been larges. The YT website also states that the L is for 5'8 to 6"2.

My question is that with the E*thirteen seat post completely lowered into the bike when I have the seat come back up I am a tad too high on the bike. Does anyone know if there is a way to get me about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch lower? I know I can always use the dropper to get it lower but I would like for it to fully extend and be at the right height for climbing and such.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeGee68 View Post
    Hello,

I just received my new bike and I was stoked to pull it out and assemble it. I ordered a size L due to the fact that I am 6"1 and all my other bikes have been larges. The YT website also states that the L is for 5'8 to 6"2.

My question is that with the E*thirteen seat post completely lowered into the bike when I have the seat come back up I am a tad too high on the bike. Does anyone know if there is a way to get me about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch lower? I know I can always use the dropper to get it lower but I would like for it to fully extend and be at the right height for climbing and such.
    I believe yours came with a 150mm dropper which is the one I want and I'm getting one with a 125mm dropper which should be right for you so... if you can wait till I get mine we can just swap posts!

Cheers,

G
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

Danger Zone
    The large has a 150mm post. Surprising at 6'1" that it's too big for you. I'm 5'11" with 32 inseam and the height is perfect for me with the dropper pulled up about 1".

Are you sure you're sizing it correctly? Your knees should only just barely be bent when the pedal is at the bottom of the stroke.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Thanks for the comments. I think I might have jumped the gun a little. I only have ridden the new bike in front of the house to make some minor adjustments and plan on hitting dirt today. With that said, I did feel like when I reached the bottom of the pedal stroke I was fully extended. I will give it a good break in today and see whats up.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I'm 5'10" and the 150mm dropper is at the perfect height for me, so I'd think at 6'1" you should be fine but it all depends on what works for you.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman086 View Post
    I believe yours came with a 150mm dropper which is the one I want and I'm getting one with a 125mm dropper which should be right for you so... if you can wait till I get mine we can just swap posts!

Cheers,

G
    I think you are 100 percent right. I wish we lived closer so we could make the switcharoo.

mtbr member
    I had same problem with my Jeff. I'm 5'11" with 32 inseam. I ended up getting BrandX 120mm post. It's only about 100 bucks, and works great!!
    More you beef it up, more it will handle like a cow....:skep: