2018 27.5” Jeffsy CF upgrade to coils- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

2018 27.5” Jeffsy CF upgrade to coils

So I thought I’d post over here as I’ve upgraded my 18 CF a bit.

Let me be clear the bike was pretty awesome stock, actually really awesome. That said I started having the negative pressure/loss of travel issue on my Pike. When it worked it was a good shock, that said I had the dreaded negative pressure issue. Seemed to happen on longer rides but started at 28 hours on the shock. So I pulled the lowers and serviced her to make sure it wasn’t a grease issue in the port. Well next ride it happened ( and yes I pumped the shock at 25lb intervals and cycled it, while no pro I’m not new to this game).
    So next I decided instead of Warranty (I opened the shock so there was some concern) not to mention downtime to ship and wait, I ordered a new Debonair air spring.
    Well during testing and first short ride it was worse, I punted.
    99 SJ Pro FSR XC
    15 SJFSR Comp EVO 650b
    18 YT Jeffsy 27 CF

Former United States Marine.
    “Boredom is self inflicted”

mtbr member
    So I did my research and decided to ditch the air spring. I went Push ACS3, it’s been about a month and I’m more impressed each ride. What I didn’t realize is how much better climbing would be, I can pick any line over technical rocky, rooty terrain and stay in the saddle and just pedal it. Downhill is nuts, I can pick any line and she goes. Big drops with 10-15lbs in the air chamber and even 4-5’ drops and jumps just go, no harsh bottom out no worries.

So my problem was now my front was far out performing my rear.
    99 SJ Pro FSR XC
    15 SJFSR Comp EVO 650b
    18 YT Jeffsy 27 CF

mtbr member
    So of course I called Push, they don’t make a rear coil for the 18 Jeffsy. So I went Fox DHX2 with a 550 sls coil. It’s taken a few rides to get her dialed in but man she’s fast now and I’m not that good. Eats everything up and again while I may have lost some pedal efficiency, I can pick any line climbing, stay in the saddle and ride. No matter how many rocks, roots, etc, she goes.
    The only issue now is the bike is so fast I need to remind myself I like to ride in the woods, not overshoot the trail and end up in the woods, lol.
    The bike is insanely quick and bombs over everything, again I’m not that good but I sure ride like it now.
    I landed a 5’ drop way to rear heavy today, thought for sure I’d bottom out hard and punish my rear CF rim, absolutely ate her up and said go faster stupid.

So “while nothings for free”, coils front and rear make Jeffsy even better. Best part is she climbs better and is still a poppy active fun bike.

Any questions ask away.
    99 SJ Pro FSR XC
    15 SJFSR Comp EVO 650b
    18 YT Jeffsy 27 CF

mtbr member
    -dbf7a2e3-65fd-4ae8-a22b-6379c5c7d5eb.jpg

Get some Gents!
    99 SJ Pro FSR XC
    15 SJFSR Comp EVO 650b
    18 YT Jeffsy 27 CF

mtbr member
    All - i too have the 18’ chalk white/red. Going to buy a super deluxe ultimate w/red coil. Worldwide says 230/65 but YT says 230/60. Whats the dealio?

They have the CF Pro Race specs which is for the 230/65 shock. All others are 230/60
    Last edited by dchester; 1 Week Ago at 01:26 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Nice look...I’m pumped. I have the same ride and bought the same shock today. I can’t wait until I get it. I went 230/65.

mtbr member
    230/60 will result in 150mm rear travel. 230/65 will result in 160mm travel.