Yeti, are you listening! - Page 2- Mtbr.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Int'l Sales - PIVOT
    Quote Originally Posted by Doba View Post
    Very interesting about the XL sizes. I'm 6'3" as well. It took me nearly a year of searching to find my XL ASR-7. I started looking right after it was announced that it was being discontinued. Ended up buying it from the UK vendor Rutland.
    Glad to hear you got sorted. I always felt that the ASR-7 was best suited to taller riders, so it's good to know you were able to find one.

For what it's worth, we do have XL's planned for all future models.

Cheers,

JP
    PIVOT Cycles

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT pivotcycles DOT com

Instagram: @heyjohnp

funbiker
    as long as you guys make great bikes with 6" travel my money is yours, no matter what wheelsize. ;-)

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    That being said, in the history of the company, we have lost money on every single XL frame we have ever sold. Every single one. The tooling costs to make those frames is never recouped by the small number of sales.
    JP
    I'm glad I read this! At 6 foot 5, I'm always barking up people's trees about super big frames. Now I understand that when companies don't make an XXL frame they aren't doing it to personally insult me.

Now I must get on an XL SB95 and let 'er rip.

JP, you are a prince amongst trolls. Really appreciate your candor in all these responses.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I am fortunate enough to have a 2008 575 that gets ridden/beaten-up at least 3x a week. I didn't ride it for about 4 years because of some personal stuff in my life, but now it gets ridden a ton. Talas fork, DHX air shock. Its a tank.

My local Yeti dealer loves my bike, to the point that they've said to me multiple times "Don't sell this when you get a new Yeti. If anything, give it to us so we can display it in the shop."

Its now a part of the family, and will continue to be ridden until I can't get rebuild kits for the pivots, or if I ever break it. I've ridden other 26, 27.5 and 29's and know their benefits and weak points compared to my 575. I know that a 27.5 and a 29 will climb LOADS better than my bike, but the 575 is so much fun to ride overall. Other 26's are a bit better on climbs and handle a bit snappier.

The future will probably be an SB29c or perhaps the future bike that John P. keeps hinting at, but the 575 isn't going anywhere. It still rolls over stuff, stops, and climbs and for that, I am super thankful.
    ...on the run from Johnny Law, ain't no trip to Cleveland.

Int'l Sales - PIVOT
    Quote Originally Posted by DeskoFipps View Post
    I've ridden other 26, 27.5 and 29's and know their benefits and weak points compared to my 575. I know that a 27.5 and a 29 will climb LOADS better than my bike, but the 575 is so much fun to ride overall.
    ^^THIS^^

Glad to hear you're still loving that old beast so much. Hopefully when you're ready to retire her we'll have something you like even more.

Cheers,

JP
    PIVOT Cycles

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT pivotcycles DOT com

Instagram: @heyjohnp

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Wow, this has certainly been an entertaining thread to read to say the least!

What I've learned.

* Yeti is listening. Some of us appear quite tone deaf though.
    * And let's face it... some of us are just bat **** crazy. Maybe time to lay off huffing the glue fumes, huh? It can't be good for your lungs. Know what is? riding.
    * Totally respect JP's honesty, integrity and willingness to get dirty with the trolls. Dude, you represent Yeti so well... having worked in consumer goods marketing all my life I know that you're doing more for the brand than any slick print ad or video could ever do (but unfortunately you only reach us trolls).
    * That being said... I think JP needs a hug. He's hiding his exasperation pretty well! The dude just wants you to get out there and ride the hell out of whatever fricking wheel size bike you have - Yeti or not! - and put a big ass grin on your face. I can't tell you how much I miss riding right now... ripped my quad tendon 4 rides into the new season (playing soccer on astro turf... never again) and all I have left is to watch all my riding buddies post up pics and Strava times of all the fun **** they are riding. That and trolling internet forums thinking about how to tinker my brand spankin new 95C to the max... incredible bike! **** eating grin from first pedal... and that was coming from a 95A that was already pretty damn fun.

But it appears like so many of you are in existential crisis because some bikes have a tire 1.5" bigger and somehow that has killed all that is good an right about MTBing. Really? I'd give my left nut to be able to ride any damn bike right now.

In other words... maybe we should all just STFU and go ride? well, those of us that can. October seems like light years away. But at least I'll have fall riding season.. and then I'm buying a fatty. Wish Yeti had one, I'd buy it.

*And if you like 26ers and are hesitating getting the incredible deal on a 66... pull your head out of your butt and get one! Yeti's got all the back up parts you need (and has your back too) and it's not like they're going to stop making 26er wheels and tires and forks any time soon. Waaay too big a market for manufacturers to ignore.

Just my bat **** crazy $.02. Worth priced charged.

LCW
    mtbr member
    based on what I've recently learned... Yeti is definitely listening...

Santa Cruz Tallboy 4

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LCW View Post
    based on what I've recently learned... Yeti is definitely listening...
    Dick tease!

lol

LCW
    mtbr member
    I can't reveal details since I'm loyal to my source (and frankly I don't have super defined details), but it's got me SUPER stoked right now!

Santa Cruz Tallboy 4

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by LCW View Post
    I can't reveal details since I'm loyal to my source (and frankly I don't have super defined details), but it's got me SUPER stoked right now!
    Carbon, switch link, 27.5, ~6" of travel

mtbr member
    more like 7"....maybe
    you can get passed a dog... nobody fuks with a lion

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hillharman View Post
    Carbon, switch link, 27.5, ~6" of travel
    Agree. SB76c

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12