Yeti SB130 Discussion, Performance and Build - Page 12- Mtbr.com
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Results 2,201 to 2,221 of 2221
    mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by iErnest85 View Post
    Dissector 2.4 on the Front will Grip and Corner better than DHF 2.5 and DHRII 2.4, when at the same time it'll roll faster than DHF 2.3 and DHRII 2.3.
    I'm in a process of building my 2020 SB130 and planning on running with Dissector 2.4 Front and Back until it'll get rainy here in NorCal and then I'll switch the rear to Forekaster 2.35 as well.
    Forekaster in general is one of my favorite tires. I used Forekaster 29x2.35 Front and Rear on my SB100 all last season. And soon will be building Ibis DV9 hardtail with Forekaster 29x2.6 Front and Rear.
    But the new Dissector is definitely my new favorite tire.

Happy Shredding
    I don't know what terrain you ride on but on the terrain the Dissector is designed for (dry and dusty) it does not get near the grip of a DHF or a DHRII in front or rear.

There's quite a difference between the Dissector and the DHF on the front, the DHF being able to handle much more pressure thru the front and digs in for way longer than the Dissector.

On the rear the DHRII brakes much better than the Dissector, again quite a difference that is very obvious on steep loose terrain.

I will give you that the Dissector is lighter and I guess if you are chasing a super light bike that has decent trail tyres then they will work well but to make big statements about it being better than a DHR/DHRII front and rear, imo it just isn't.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by robmac48 View Post
    I don't know what terrain you ride on but on the terrain the Dissector is designed for (dry and dusty) it does not get near the grip of a DHF or a DHRII in front or rear.

There's quite a difference between the Dissector and the DHF on the front, the DHF being able to handle much more pressure thru the front and digs in for way longer than the Dissector.

On the rear the DHRII brakes much better than the Dissector, again quite a difference that is very obvious on steep loose terrain.

I will give you that the Dissector is lighter and I guess if you are chasing a super light bike that has decent trail tyres then they will work well but to make big statements about it being better than a DHR/DHRII front and rear, imo it just isn't.
    Agreed. I think a lot of trail riders on Minions just don't lay them over aggressively enough to really get the L-shaped side knobs pushing into terra firma to really understand that. So I can see how one might think the Dissector to "corner" better at trail speeds and less lean. FWIW it takes a lot more effort to lay over a 29'r Minion than it does a 27.5 or 26 because of that gyroscopic effect and I'm not so certain I won't swap mine out to a Dissector for trail use just to get a livelier/snappier feel.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    Last edited by Gman086; 1 Week Ago at 11:47 PM.
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrkrft69 View Post
    I pulled the code off the back and emailed it to Fox. They told me it's a 170. Although when I compress and measure it only goes 155.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Just to put this one to bed... All Fox 36 forks have 10mm of unused stanchion showing after full travel so there are some incorrect responses in this thread. If you measure 155mm of travel pushing down then you definitely have a 160mm shaft in there whether or not the fork's 4 digit code says it started as a 170 fork. The missing 5mm comes from the bottom out rubber bumpers in the bottom of the fork legs. I'm 100% positive you have a 160mm shaft in that fork.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    Last edited by Gman086; 1 Week Ago at 12:24 AM.
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by almazing View Post
    Looking at perhaps picking up an SB130 T1 eventually. Does anyone know if the Fox 36 Fit4 damper is the newly updated 2020 Fit4 with the 8mm damper shaft? Or the previous generation still?
    The 2020 SB130's are shipping with 2019 Fit4 Fox 36 forks according to the 4 digit code. Interestingly they are coming with the 2020 owners manual and I didn't confirm the shaft size yet so I'm not 100% sure of the damper. FWIW the 2020 "improvement" is a reduction in damping (weaker shim stack and rebound tune; more oil flow due to larger ports with smaller shaft) to make the fork more friendly for what I would deem "less aggressive" riders. Fox is trying to make it more plush for low impact hits and probably distinguish it more as a trail fork as compared to their Grip2 damper for the more DH oriented riders. I'd personally take the 2019 Fit4 over the 2020 for my needs as thinner shafts are usually a BAD thing for dampers (flex and seal leaks become an issue).

My 150 Fit4 36 setup (rider weight 185 lbs geared) is:
    100 psi air pressure, 1 token (removed one) and 7 clicks out rebound in open lever position. LSC to trail conditions and steepness. This gives a stronger more linear spring rate for taking hits at high speeds, small bump sensitivity be damned (yet is still quite acceptable). Plenty of mid-stroke support with the higher overall spring rate. Rather surprised at how capable this fork is out of the box. Yeti's suggested settings (fork and shock) are way too soft and fast IMHO.

2020 SB130s do come with the new 2020 DPX2 rear shocks (per Fox code) which I'm guessing have refined damping because I'm not seeing any problems with this shock. I'm an aggro rider, and a shock snob, and I don't feel the need to go out and drop jingo on a new shock for a trail bike; YMMV.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    Last edited by Gman086; 1 Week Ago at 12:06 AM.

mtbr member
    So Yeti is now spec'ing their bikes with 50mm stems instead of 40mm and some on here have insinuated that is because Yeti wants you to weight the front wheel more (they told me that too on the phone). The REAL reason is that RaceFace is not making shorter than 50mm for Turbine 35 or Ride stems (what Yeti spec's) for 35mm bars!

Out of curiosity, how many of you are using stems shorter than 50mm on your SB130's?

Have FUN!

G MAN
    Last edited by Gman086; 1 Week Ago at 11:55 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman086 View Post
    So Yeti is now spec'ing their bikes with 50mm stems instead of 40mm and some on here have insinuated that is because Yeti wants you to weight the front wheel more (they told me that too on the phone). The REAL reason is that RaceFace is not making shorter than 50mm for Turbine 35 or Ride stems (what Yeti spec's) for 35mm bars!

Out of curiosity, how many of you are using stems shorter than 50mm on your SB130's?

Have FUN!

G MAN
    I swapped mine for a 40mm stem. I am 5'8" and a medium 130.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Does the 36 on the SB130 use a 100mm or 110mm front axle?

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Hi.

Rockguarzd manufactures from this month the carbon protector for SB130 frames in size M and L

https://www.rockguardz.com/yeti-sb130-sb150-sb165.html

Regards.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Out of curiosity, how many of you are using stems shorter than 50mm on your SB130's?...
    5.4, Size S, 45mm/0°, 760mm

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sethde View Post
    Does the 36 on the SB130 use a 100mm or 110mm front axle?
    110 (Boost)

Cheers,

G

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    110 (Boost)

Cheers,

G
    Thanks! Just ordered a Kabolt for it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Im on a 35mm. S size.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    40mm stem M size

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I ride a 40mm RF Turbine R with a 35mm bar (also RF)...hmmm

Was worried about this becoming too snappy, but it definitely isnīt. Most lively 29er on the planet. Feels HUUUUGE when stored in the Basement, but incredibly nimble and agile on the Trail...

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    anybody put in a 150mm fox transfer dropper into S size frame?

just wondering about the clearance down in the seat tube.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by awis View Post
    anybody put in a 150mm fox transfer dropper into S size frame?

just wondering about the clearance down in the seat tube.
    I have a 175mm in my medium, so I imagine a 150mm would fit in a small just fine but can't confirm.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sethde View Post
    I have a 175mm in my medium, so I imagine a 150mm would fit in a small just fine but can't confirm.
    Ditto... actually my dealer worked with Yeti to get me the 175 instead of the 150 on my Med and SO glad I did! Very impressed with the Fox Transfer post and the new RaceFace remote lever they are now coming with stock. Highly recommended.

Have FUN!

G MAN

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    i was looking to have dropper collar very close to the seatpost clamp. there is about an inch thus i guess 150mm drop might work. altho yeti specced it in 125mm probably cutting it real close.

perhaps i need to find some drawings of fox transfer and work my way from there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    zweigelt

i am also 5.4 how is the size for you in s

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mickekarlsson View Post
    zweigelt

i am also 5.4 how is the size for you in s
    Bikeyoke Revive 160 mm

Seat High 670mm....
    Minimum Seat High around 645-650mm....