Yeti SB130 Discussion, Performance and Build - Page 12- Mtbr.com
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Results 2,201 to 2,253 of 2253
    mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by iErnest85 View Post
    Dissector 2.4 on the Front will Grip and Corner better than DHF 2.5 and DHRII 2.4, when at the same time it'll roll faster than DHF 2.3 and DHRII 2.3.
    I'm in a process of building my 2020 SB130 and planning on running with Dissector 2.4 Front and Back until it'll get rainy here in NorCal and then I'll switch the rear to Forekaster 2.35 as well.
    Forekaster in general is one of my favorite tires. I used Forekaster 29x2.35 Front and Rear on my SB100 all last season. And soon will be building Ibis DV9 hardtail with Forekaster 29x2.6 Front and Rear.
    But the new Dissector is definitely my new favorite tire.

Happy Shredding
    I don't know what terrain you ride on but on the terrain the Dissector is designed for (dry and dusty) it does not get near the grip of a DHF or a DHRII in front or rear.

There's quite a difference between the Dissector and the DHF on the front, the DHF being able to handle much more pressure thru the front and digs in for way longer than the Dissector.

On the rear the DHRII brakes much better than the Dissector, again quite a difference that is very obvious on steep loose terrain.

I will give you that the Dissector is lighter and I guess if you are chasing a super light bike that has decent trail tyres then they will work well but to make big statements about it being better than a DHR/DHRII front and rear, imo it just isn't.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by robmac48 View Post
    I don't know what terrain you ride on but on the terrain the Dissector is designed for (dry and dusty) it does not get near the grip of a DHF or a DHRII in front or rear.

There's quite a difference between the Dissector and the DHF on the front, the DHF being able to handle much more pressure thru the front and digs in for way longer than the Dissector.

On the rear the DHRII brakes much better than the Dissector, again quite a difference that is very obvious on steep loose terrain.

I will give you that the Dissector is lighter and I guess if you are chasing a super light bike that has decent trail tyres then they will work well but to make big statements about it being better than a DHR/DHRII front and rear, imo it just isn't.
    Agreed. I think a lot of trail riders on Minions just don't lay them over aggressively enough to really get the L-shaped side knobs pushing into terra firma to really understand that. So I can see how one might think the Dissector to "corner" better at trail speeds and less lean. FWIW it takes a lot more effort to lay over a 29'r Minion than it does a 27.5 or 26 because of that gyroscopic effect and I'm not so certain I won't swap mine out to a Dissector for trail use just to get a livelier/snappier feel.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    Last edited by Gman086; 11-05-2019 at 11:47 PM.
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrkrft69 View Post
    I pulled the code off the back and emailed it to Fox. They told me it's a 170. Although when I compress and measure it only goes 155.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Just to put this one to bed... All Fox 36 forks have 10mm of unused stanchion showing after full travel so there are some incorrect responses in this thread. If you measure 155mm of travel pushing down then you definitely have a 160mm shaft in there whether or not the fork's 4 digit code says it started as a 170 fork. The missing 5mm comes from the bottom out rubber bumpers in the bottom of the fork legs. I'm 100% positive you have a 160mm shaft in that fork.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    Last edited by Gman086; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:24 AM.
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by almazing View Post
    Looking at perhaps picking up an SB130 T1 eventually. Does anyone know if the Fox 36 Fit4 damper is the newly updated 2020 Fit4 with the 8mm damper shaft? Or the previous generation still?
    The 2020 SB130's are shipping with 2019 Fit4 Fox 36 forks according to the 4 digit code. Interestingly they are coming with the 2020 owners manual and I didn't confirm the shaft size yet so I'm not 100% sure of the damper. FWIW the 2020 "improvement" is a reduction in damping (weaker shim stack and rebound tune; more oil flow due to larger ports with smaller shaft) to make the fork more friendly for what I would deem "less aggressive" riders. Fox is trying to make it more plush for low impact hits and probably distinguish it more as a trail fork as compared to their Grip2 damper for the more DH oriented riders. I'd personally take the 2019 Fit4 over the 2020 for my needs as thinner shafts are usually a BAD thing for dampers (flex and seal leaks become an issue).

My 150 Fit4 36 setup (rider weight 185 lbs geared) is:
    100 psi air pressure, 1 token (removed one) and 7 clicks out rebound in open lever position. LSC to trail conditions and steepness. This gives a stronger more linear spring rate for taking hits at high speeds, small bump sensitivity be damned (yet is still quite acceptable). Plenty of mid-stroke support with the higher overall spring rate. Rather surprised at how capable this fork is out of the box. Yeti's suggested settings (fork and shock) are way too soft and fast IMHO.

2020 SB130s do come with the new 2020 DPX2 rear shocks (per Fox code) which I'm guessing have refined damping because I'm not seeing any problems with this shock. I'm an aggro rider, and a shock snob, and I don't feel the need to go out and drop jingo on a new shock for a trail bike; YMMV.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    Last edited by Gman086; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:06 AM.

mtbr member
    So Yeti is now spec'ing their bikes with 50mm stems instead of 40mm and some on here have insinuated that is because Yeti wants you to weight the front wheel more (they told me that too on the phone). The REAL reason is that RaceFace is not making shorter than 50mm for Turbine 35 or Ride stems (what Yeti spec's) for 35mm bars!

Out of curiosity, how many of you are using stems shorter than 50mm on your SB130's?

Have FUN!

G MAN
    Last edited by Gman086; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:55 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman086 View Post
    So Yeti is now spec'ing their bikes with 50mm stems instead of 40mm and some on here have insinuated that is because Yeti wants you to weight the front wheel more (they told me that too on the phone). The REAL reason is that RaceFace is not making shorter than 50mm for Turbine 35 or Ride stems (what Yeti spec's) for 35mm bars!

Out of curiosity, how many of you are using stems shorter than 50mm on your SB130's?

Have FUN!

G MAN
    I swapped mine for a 40mm stem. I am 5'8" and a medium 130.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Does the 36 on the SB130 use a 100mm or 110mm front axle?

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Hi.

Rockguarzd manufactures from this month the carbon protector for SB130 frames in size M and L

https://www.rockguardz.com/yeti-sb130-sb150-sb165.html

Regards.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Out of curiosity, how many of you are using stems shorter than 50mm on your SB130's?...
    5.4, Size S, 45mm/0į, 760mm

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sethde View Post
    Does the 36 on the SB130 use a 100mm or 110mm front axle?
    110 (Boost)

Cheers,

G

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    110 (Boost)

Cheers,

G
    Thanks! Just ordered a Kabolt for it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Im on a 35mm. S size.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    40mm stem M size

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I ride a 40mm RF Turbine R with a 35mm bar (also RF)...hmmm

Was worried about this becoming too snappy, but it definitely isnīt. Most lively 29er on the planet. Feels HUUUUGE when stored in the Basement, but incredibly nimble and agile on the Trail...

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    anybody put in a 150mm fox transfer dropper into S size frame?

just wondering about the clearance down in the seat tube.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by awis View Post
    anybody put in a 150mm fox transfer dropper into S size frame?

just wondering about the clearance down in the seat tube.
    I have a 175mm in my medium, so I imagine a 150mm would fit in a small just fine but can't confirm.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sethde View Post
    I have a 175mm in my medium, so I imagine a 150mm would fit in a small just fine but can't confirm.
    Ditto... actually my dealer worked with Yeti to get me the 175 instead of the 150 on my Med and SO glad I did! Very impressed with the Fox Transfer post and the new RaceFace remote lever they are now coming with stock. Highly recommended.

Have FUN!

G MAN

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    i was looking to have dropper collar very close to the seatpost clamp. there is about an inch thus i guess 150mm drop might work. altho yeti specced it in 125mm probably cutting it real close.

perhaps i need to find some drawings of fox transfer and work my way from there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    zweigelt

i am also 5.4 how is the size for you in s

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mickekarlsson View Post
    zweigelt

i am also 5.4 how is the size for you in s
    Bikeyoke Revive 160 mm

Seat High 670mm....
    Minimum Seat High around 645-650mm....

Hope it helps....

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by zweigelt View Post
    Bikeyoke Revive 160 mm

Seat High 670mm....
    Minimum Seat High around 645-650mm....

Hope it helps....
    ok thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Had a warranty issue that was handled very quickly, so I now have a new 2020 frame. Waiting on some eewings tie died cranks to finish this iteration. Also, I sent the float x2 to fluid focus and had it tuned, it is about perfect now. I am also running 2.6 forekasters on it for trail riding during the wet season(KY) and they have not rubbed at all. I took calipers to my old rear triangle (early 2019 frame) and the new rear triangle was ~5mm wider internal.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2019

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

I just got my first Yeti. This is a great read. thanks,

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    You who drive sb130. How are they in size? Sucking for one but unsure of what size I should have. Is 165cm long and has an ibis mojo 3 now in size small and may find it a little short at times.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    You who drive sb130. How are they in size? Sucking for one but unsure of what size I should have. Is 165cm long and has an ibis mojo 3 now in size small and may find it a little short at times.
    Go Medium!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by digev View Post
    Go Medium!
    for a 5í5Ē rider Iíd recommend Small not Medium

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    for a 5í5Ē rider Iíd recommend Small not Medium
    I have a friend who is 5'6" (167.6cm) who is very happy on a small SB130. I would also recommend a small. However, reach is a personal preference.

Sent from the singletrack...

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    I am 169cm on small sb130. Tried a medium and i felt it was hard on climbing as i think i was not seated in the center. the reach on small is pretty long too.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    ok thanks sounds like small is what i should have

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    my wife is 5' 5" & Small SB130 great for her

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    165cm Size S... perfect!

mtbr member
    Sep 2019
    Anyone come across a good deal on an sb130 large this weekend? I've tried, but not found anything.

OriginalDonk
    Arin from ProBikeSupply in Newport Beach just posted his very nice SB130. It's a "shop bike" so it's being sold as a warranty. Ver nice build.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2682989/

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by K2-man View Post
    Hi All,

I am doubting between the Yeti SB130 and Occam as my new ride to replace my current Orbea Rallon.

The only real downside for the yeti is the PF BB, or should I not worry about this?

Then Two questions for which I was looking for an answer in this thread:
    - I am 1.70 and was aiming to pick a medium (seattube on S would be very short) and putting a 35 mm stem on it. Still the reach increases ~2.5 cm compared to my current bike. Does the length gets countered by the much steeper seattube, what are the general experiences with the progressive geometry?
    - second question, I want to put a RS Lyrik or Pike on the frame. But see this guy is offered in 37 ,44 or 46 mm offset where Yeti recommens 44. Would it be pushing the boundaries too much when putting a 37 offset fork?
    Little update here,
    I visited a Yeti dealer and tested the geo of small and medium sized Yeti on a static test setup and went for a Medium after some debate.

In the mean while had a few rides on it and the size is perfect for me. Although the TT is longer on paper it does not feel longer due to steep seat angle.

Still waiting for the dropper post to arrive.

Compared to my Rallon (previous bike), pretty amazed so far on how it rides

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    The PF Bb isnt and shouldnt be an issue anymore. Lots of great options out there. Im using BB Infinite and its been perfect.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonlui View Post
    The PF Bb isnt and shouldnt be an issue anymore. Lots of great options out there. Im using BB Infinite and its been perfect.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    pf bb isnít a problem by itself, pf92 for dub or 30mm is really the problem since you canít really build a reliable bearing like you do for 24mm or bsa bb for dub/30mm

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Have FUN!

G MAN
    I ran a 50mm stem on my 2019 150 and I've done the same on my 2020 130. I am 6'1 and kind of in between sizes.. and I prefer the large so I think the extra 10mm kind of puts me at a great spot.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    2020 SB130s do come with the new 2020 DPX2 rear shocks (per Fox code) which I'm guessing have refined damping because I'm not seeing any problems with this shock. I'm an aggro rider, and a shock snob, and I don't feel the need to go out and drop jingo on a new shock for a trail bike; YMMV.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    Are you currently running any volume spacers? I am using the .06 now, might check out the .08.. what kind of rebound settings are you running as well?

I also see you've been on MTBR for a long ass time as well.. did you used to frequent the SC forums? I remember your name from somewhere!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ross86 View Post
    Are you currently running any volume spacers? I am using the .06 now, might check out the .08.. what kind of rebound settings are you running as well?

I also see you've been on MTBR for a long ass time as well.. did you used to frequent the SC forums? I remember your name from somewhere!
    Hey Ross,

Yeah, long-time SC guy but the SB130 just climbs better and that's my weakness so... never say never I guess!

Running no volume spacers but using too much travel on standard trail rides so... I cut out the stroke spacer turning it into a "Lunch Ride" 136mm travel bike but intend to keep the sag at 16mm and see how she does. I typically run high pressures for better handling of jumps and drops anyway. My educated "guess" is I will end up with one standard spacer yet but we'll see. One oddity I did notice was I'm at 230 psi on the shock but Yeti's recommendation was 205psi on their online calculator... until yesterday when it's now 229! I'm "guessing" they updated their data to maybe reflect what is required of the 2020 shocks? Must be a difference as I was rather surprised at how low their initial settings were. My rebound is 6 clicks out at that pressure and my LSC is 7 clicks out for the 2020 version DPX2.

Cheers,

G

mtbr member
    The .86 spacer on the 210x52.5 DPX2 is fine, but if you have it set at 55mm stroke it will make the compression ratio to high for the shock; .6 is as high as the 210x55 will play well with. Just wanted to give you a heads up!

Here's the link to Fox's chart:
    https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=568

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by YetiBikes85 View Post
    The .86 spacer on the 210x52.5 DPX2 is fine, but if you have it set at 55mm stroke it will make the compression ratio to high for the shock; .6 is as high as the 210x55 will play well with. Just wanted to give you a heads up!

Here's the link to Fox's chart:
    https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=568
    I see that -- the 55mm stroke is when you remove the clip in the shock and go LR I assume?

mtbr member
    I see that -- the 55mm stroke is when you remove the clip in the shock and go LR I assume?
    Yes.
    Yeti SB130LR Turq Series Custom Build

mtbr member
    What are you all doing about cable rattle??? I can't believe a bike that cost this much doesn't have proper grommets for internal cable routing... Mine is so loud I thought the shock had come undone! It's not the dropper post cable (usual culprit) but rather seems to be coming from the exposed brake and shifter cables between front and rear triangles. Basically just slapping up and down on the rear swingarm as it moves rapidly on rough terrain.

Thanks,

G

mtbr member
    What are you all doing about cable rattle??? I can't believe a bike that cost this much doesn't have proper grommets for internal cable routing... Mine is so loud I thought the shock had come undone! It's not the dropper post cable (usual culprit) but rather seems to be coming from the exposed brake and shifter cables between front and rear triangles. Basically just slapping up and down on the rear swingarm as it moves rapidly on rough terrain.

Thanks,

G
    I have not noticed/heard any cable rattle. With that said, I will check with my friend who has found an appropriate size split grommets that he is using. He picked them up at a hardware store.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Hey anyone have any comparisons to a pivot switchblade (current ride)? Iím on the fence on pulling the trigger and no demos near me in sw va. Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Have folks noticed more rear tire clearance on the 2020 SB130?

Trying to decide between Ripmo and SB130. Really want a SB130, but at 210lbs (fit) worried about flex/clearance.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by cakemonster View Post
    Have folks noticed more rear tire clearance on the 2020 SB130?

Trying to decide between Ripmo and SB130. Really want a SB130, but at 210lbs (fit) worried about flex/clearance.
    The 2020 frame I have will fit a 2.6 forekaster in the rear, with less rubbing than the 2019 frame with a 2.4 dhr2, I measured about 4-5mm more space at the widest point. I also weigh more than you, but run i9 32h 310c wheels that are pretty stiff.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    I donít have a 2019 on hand but based on pictures Iíve seen and my own 2020 130, my true to size WTB Judge 2.4 has plenty of clearance to spare. I can probably fit a true 2.5 knob to knob with no issues.

My 2020 130 with a 2.4 rear has noticeably more clearance than my 2019 100 with a 2.3 rear.

I like Yeti as a company but I donít fully believe their statement that no changes have been made in the rear triangle. But until any one of us can measure both 2019 and 2020 130s and compare, itís all just speculation.

Or that the manufacturing between rear triangles widely varies. Which is much much worse
    I no longer like to party. But I like the idea of it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by almazing View Post
    But until any one of us can measure both 2019 and 2020 130s and compare, itís all just speculation.
    This shouldn't be hard -- someone w/ a 2019 get some measurements and post them up!

mtbr member
    Sep 2019

cable rattle

On my SB140, which i think has identical cable routing to the SB130 i used small plastic tubes with 4mm inner diameter and 1mm wall thickness for the shifting and dropper post cables. I cut approximately 0,5-1cm short pieces and slided them with 5-7 cm space between them over the cables. For the part where the dropper post cable runs free inside the frame i used a thin foam tube.

No rattle at all, but i built it that way right from the start.

Thanks,

G
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yeti SB130 Discussion, Performance and Build-img_5125.jpg  

Yeti SB130 Discussion, Performance and Build-img_5124.jpg  

Yeti SB130 Discussion, Performance and Build-img_5123.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by derekmcelwee View Post
    The 2020 frame I have will fit a 2.6 forekaster in the rear, with less rubbing than the 2019 frame with a 2.4 dhr2, I measured about 4-5mm more space at the widest point.
    Could you post pictures with the two triangles/measurements? Hearing so many things on this. Hoping they have it sorted for 2020.

I get not needing to clear 2.6 tires, but 2.4 WT tires would be pretty standard on a trail bike. If those fit without rub. All good.

You also said less rub. Do the 2.6 still rub, just less?

mtbr member
    Mar 2019

Yeti SB130 Discussion, Performance and Build

This shouldn't be hard -- someone w/ a 2019 get some measurements and post them up!
    Iíve got a 2019 frame! I'm more than happy to measure anything you want to help you guys, but you need to tell me exactly what and from where to where (so it can be replicated/compared).

FYI: Iíve got a 2.5 DHF EXO WT on a 30mm ID rim and it doesnít rub.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112