Yeti SB115- Mtbr.com

Thread: Yeti SB115

mtbr member
    Jun 2018

Yeti SB115

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Yew! Just lobbed in my Inbox. Looks nice.

Scandinavian
    Feb 2011
    Looks nice, and with the capabilities of my SB100 this must be very good.
    Is it a completely new frame or is the front the same as SB100?

Sent fra min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Hard to know. It hasn't appeared on PinkBike or MTBR.com as yet so they may know more details. I only saw it when it first lobbed because I am in Australia and it's the afternoon of June 30 here already. Be interesting to find out about the background of it/why Yeti went this way and what differences there are.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Sweet!

mtbr member
    Same frame as Sb100..

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
    Instagram/Youtube- Dagonger
    Yeti Cycles sb45c/sb150

ejj
    mtbr member
    May 2009
    YepóI may have read incorrectly, but this is the same frame with a new rocker link and shock.

So this is essentially the SB100 LR, with more travel eked out of same frame, bigger fork, and bigger brakes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Sounds like they tweaked the si link, not sure what or how, but more importantly are any of these changes adaptable to the sb100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17j
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I'd like to know why it specifically says 130 fork but in geo says 120mm of travel. Also, wonder if SI is improved as that was a problem for certain. Don't generally love when a company just adds travel to a frame as seat tube is too slack etc but looks nice

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 17j View Post
    I'd like to know why it specifically says 130 fork but in geo says 120mm of travel. Also, wonder if SI is improved as that was a problem for certain. Don't generally love when a company just adds travel to a frame as seat tube is too slack etc but looks nice
    As with most bikes you can run different lengths of fork travel. According the FAQ, This sb115 is designed for 120/130mm of travel.

17j
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    The spec on the 130 version says fork travel: 120.4 - That was what my post refers to...interesting. Naturally a 120 will work too and may actually be ideal for this bike to make more XC and steeper seat tube

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by junior77 View Post
    Sounds like they tweaked the si link, not sure what or how, but more importantly are any of these changes adaptable to the sb100.

My thoughts exactly. Iíve gone through the 3 stages of the SI ďfixesĒ on my SB100. While the most recent nylock bolts have not come lose the revisions for the SB115 certainly look a lot more stout. It would be cool to see a retrofit for the SB100.

Worldwide has a nice closeup of the SB100 and SB115 SI units side by side in their initial review of the SB115.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I wonder how a 140 fork would work with this frame? Would it be similar to how a 130 performs on the SB 100? I think this bike hits a big market of people who wanted a "do it all". Filling a big void where the 4.5 was prior, in my opinion. The 4.5 may not have been the best XC bike but it got the job done..

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    The SI unit appears to be updated. If you go to the manual instructions, the SI stanchions are now threaded on the inside and have new mounting hardware and new torque instructiions.

This is a huge improvement imo, as someone who has the old linkage and I think this should finally fix the issue with this configuration of the SI link.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    The build kit options in terms of groupsets are pretty interesting too. I know most will probably get at least a Turq T1 or above build, but the C1 build is equipped with Shimano SLX. On the SB100, the C1 build comes with SRAM GX, which is now the C2 SB115 build.

On that note, can we talk about pricing? As per the Yeti site currently (as of 9:30am pacific time), the SB100 starts at $5,099 USD for a C1 build. The SB115 starts at $4,700 for a C1 build (with SLX). If you want the "equivalent" SB115 C2 GX build to the SB100, even then it's $4,900. So for essentially the same frame, updated linkage, longer travel fork, longer shock, and the updated GX group, the new SB115 comes out $200 less than the "older" SB100.

The pricing gets a bit more blurred as you progress up the Turq builds though.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Anybody notice that the yeti website shows ride footage of the sb115 with a pike fork and what appears to be a RS superdeluxe? Are we thinking rear travel can be stretched to 120? Given that the 2021 dpx2 is available aftermarket in 190x45, could present some interesting build options.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fryeguy View Post
    Anybody notice that the yeti website shows ride footage of the sb115 with a pike fork and what appears to be a RS superdeluxe? Are we thinking rear travel can be stretched to 120? Given that the 2021 dpx2 is available aftermarket in 190x45, could present some interesting build options.
    maybe, but the rider is a sram/rockshox ambassador so they can easily have access to modified shocks.

ejj
    mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by localn8ve View Post
    The build kit options in terms of groupsets are pretty interesting too. I know most will probably get at least a Turq T1 or above build, but the C1 build is equipped with Shimano SLX. On the SB100, the C1 build comes with SRAM GX, which is now the C2 SB115 build.

On that note, can we talk about pricing? As per the Yeti site currently (as of 9:30am pacific time), the SB100 starts at $5,099 USD for a C1 build. The SB115 starts at $4,700 for a C1 build (with SLX). If you want the "equivalent" SB115 C2 GX build to the SB100, even then it's $4,900. So for essentially the same frame, updated linkage, longer travel fork, longer shock, and the updated GX group, the new SB115 comes out $200 less than the "older" SB100.

The pricing gets a bit more blurred as you progress up the Turq builds though.
    I typically like their build options. I think the SLX build should be popularóa decent value for a good bike from a decent builder. If you compare the two C builds to offerings from Pivot, SC, Ibis, etc they are right in the mix.

Weíll see if they offer the 100 in the futureóor if the 130 adopts similar build kits.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
    The SI unit appears to be updated. If you go to the manual instructions, the SI stanchions are now threaded on the inside and have new mounting hardware and new torque instructiions.

This is a huge improvement imo, as someone who has the old linkage and I think this should finally fix the issue with this configuration of the SI link.
    I thought this was fixed the last time? Is the Tribe finally admitting there was a problem with the SB100 SI? When I complained about mine, both versions, I got crucified for being a hater and not knowing what I was doing. I sincerely hope they got rid of the issue, it was a great bike other than that. But WITH that, I couldn't wait to get rid of it.
    Ibis Ripmo V2
    Ibis Ripley V4
    Ibis Mojo HD5
    Pivot Mach 4SL
    Pivot LES SS
    A road bike

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BmanInTheD View Post
    I thought this was fixed the last time? Is the Tribe finally admitting there was a problem with the SB100 SI? When I complained about mine, both versions, I got crucified for being a hater and not knowing what I was doing. I sincerely hope they got rid of the issue, it was a great bike other than that. But WITH that, I couldn't wait to get rid of it.
    IMHO the last revision Yeti implemented which was the nylock bolts was only a band-aide for what was a reocuuring problem for some owners in regards to loosening and having movement and play in the rear triangle. This new update seems to be the proper fix to what would have been appropriate last year.

I love the bike so much because of the firm and lively feel of the suspension and how snappy and quick handling the bike is. With that said I'd like the update free of charge for my SB100 to make it bombproof and I feel thats what all owners of the SB100 deserve.
    Yeti SB165
    Yeti SB150
    Yeti SB130 AXS
    Yeti SB100
    Devinci Spartan
    20' Enduro 29
    20' Epic HT

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Which wheels are being offered for the carbon wheels? I can't find that info on the Yeti web page.
    It looks ridable, follow me....................

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnybex View Post
    IMHO the last revision Yeti implemented which was the nylock bolts was only a band-aide for what was a reocuuring problem for some owners in regards to loosening and having movement and play in the rear triangle. This new update seems to be the proper fix to what would have been appropriate last year.

I love the bike so much because of the firm and lively feel of the suspension and how snappy and quick handling the bike is. With that said I'd like the update free of charge for my SB100 to make it bombproof and I feel thats what all owners of the SB100 deserve.
    Agree

As an SB100 owner, canít help but feel kicked in the crouch by Yeti. SB115 seems like more of a Maintenance release that features a proper fix for the SI system, new link and longer shock. yeti marketing materials than play up how stiff the 115 is, ya think? Iím skeptical SB100 owners will ever have access to the new link/SI kit, itís about selling new bikes not properly fixing old ones.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    In theory you could get 130mm of travel, by swapping the 190x45 for a 190x51

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Went to the local Yeti emporium yesterday and they had a medium T2 on the floor. Looks really nice and felt good in the parking lot.

They had 18 already on order when I got there and 19 when I left.
    It looks ridable, follow me....................

mtbr member
    Yeti posted on Instagram that there really isn't a simple upgrade / conversion for the 100 due to the SI assembly, hardware, etc. Be interested to see if that's truly the case or if a link/shock would do the trick.

mtbr member
    When I asked Yeti about retrofitting the SB115 SI onto the SB100 they said that the bolt interface on the front triangle for the SB115 is different. They will be coming out with a kit in a couple months for the SB100 that includes bolts to fit the front triangle.

mtbr member
    Official word from Yeti regarding updating Sb100 to SB115..

Itís a bit more involved than just a link, really you need a new switch assembly, new master rebuild kit hardware, the shock (overall can size is different along with stroke) and fork.

At this time we havenít planned a to make a retro kit available, we have seen the demand and may take the Tribes suggestion for the future. Right now though we are working to keep up with demand and do not have excess parts available to sell.

Yeti Cycles sb45c/sb150

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagonger View Post
    Official word from Yeti regarding updating Sb100 to SB115..

Itís a bit more involved than just a link, really you need a new switch assembly, new master rebuild kit hardware, the shock (overall can size is different along with stroke) and fork.

At this time we havenít planned a to make a retro kit available, we have seen the demand and may take the Tribes suggestion for the future. Right now though we are working to keep up with demand and do not have excess parts available to sell.

I'm not convinced the new switch assembly is necessary. No doubt it's improved, though mine has been without any problems. But necessary I doubt.

I bet it's simply the new link and associated hardware, plus shock and fork of course.

mtbr member
    The last revision to the SI assembly which was the Nylock bolts is a fail. I checked mine today before my ride and 1 really loose and the other slightly loose on the drive side.

Yeti SB165
    Yeti SB150
    Yeti SB130 AXS
    Yeti SB100
    Devinci Spartan
    20' Enduro 29
    20' Epic HT

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    The last revision to the SI assembly which was the Nylock bolts is a fail. I checked mine today before my ride and 1 really loose and the other slightly loose on the drive side.

I gotta say, I was dead set on an SB100, then considered the 115 as I started to hear those rumors. But the SI issues have definitely planted some doubt in my mind, seems farily wide spread.

Strongly considering either the Transition Spur or Revel Ranger. I probably won't buy until end of summer or fall, and continue to slog up my 30+ mile rides on my Aluminum Troy until then.

mtbr member
    Nov 2019

The Blue Loctite isn't strong enough and the Red is perfect until you want to upgrade to the new Gen 3 switch infinity hardware.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by sethde View Post
    Looks very interesting and good for my trials. And don't need to take out a second mortgage for the SLX or GX option.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Agree

As an SB100 owner, canít help but feel kicked in the crouch by Yeti. SB115 seems like more of a Maintenance release that features a proper fix for the SI system, new link and longer shock. yeti marketing materials than play up how stiff the 115 is, ya think? Iím skeptical SB100 owners will ever have access to the new link/SI kit, itís about selling new bikes not properly fixing old ones.
    The SI link is a more complicated way to do what dual links can do, none of this should be a surprise. There are significant engineering difficulties and yes, often with enough time and $$$ most can be designed around, but you are starting at a big disadvantage from an engineering perspective when you choose to do this. There is no advantage to doing it this way.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Here are some thoughts on the SB115 after spending a few hours on it during the last three days.

I've built up a turq frame with SRAM XO and We Are One wheels on King hubs. The frame looks the same as the 100, but the difference in stiffness is immediately noticeable (I was one of the owners of a 100 that experienced many problems with the Switch link). Though the 115 may look like the 100, the differences are really significant. I'm fortunate to work at a shop and have been able to ride every model from Yeti. The marketing copy that says the 115 feels like a 130 is no exaggerationóit's stiff and efficient climbing, and it descends more capably than you think it should. The suspension is more responsive than that of the 100, and it definitely feels like a 130. I live on Vancouver Island and have been able to do some longer climbs as well as some tough descending. On the climbs it was fast and efficient, and descending it really was capable on some challenging trails. It was quiet, creak-free, with that solid, planted feel. I was a reluctant but hopeful buyer, and am really pleased and impressed thus far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the dreaded rear end problems don't resurface...

mtbr member
    How youíd pickup the frame so quick? Competitive Cyclist wonít have the frame only option for another few weeks. I plan on picking one up when theyíre available.

Great to hear your ride impressions. Thanks for sharing.
    Bikes are my time machines.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I ordered as soon as the information was released to Yeti dealers (I think Yeti shipped it June 25).

17j
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I see the crank size was size specific for sb 100 but looks like all 115 come with 170cranks

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by tyberius_77 View Post
    Here are some thoughts on the SB115 after spending a few hours on it during the last three days.

I've built up a turq frame with SRAM XO and We Are One wheels on King hubs. The frame looks the same as the 100, but the difference in stiffness is immediately noticeable (I was one of the owners of a 100 that experienced many problems with the Switch link). Though the 115 may look like the 100, the differences are really significant. I'm fortunate to work at a shop and have been able to ride every model from Yeti. The marketing copy that says the 115 feels like a 130 is no exaggerationóit's stiff and efficient climbing, and it descends more capably than you think it should. The suspension is more responsive than that of the 100, and it definitely feels like a 130. I live on Vancouver Island and have been able to do some longer climbs as well as some tough descending. On the climbs it was fast and efficient, and descending it really was capable on some challenging trails. It was quiet, creak-free, with that solid, planted feel. I was a reluctant but hopeful buyer, and am really pleased and impressed thus far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the dreaded rear end problems don't resurface...
    Not going to lie...that's exactly what I want to hear as I patiently wait for my 115. If this thing punches closer to the 130 than the 100 I will be a happy...happy man! Might have a 130 for sale and look at even slightly bigger bike to takes it's spot.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Ugh. Not sure what to do about sizing for this bike. I am 6'1" with a 34" inseam and normally feel most comfortable on bikes that have somewhere in the 470-480 reach range. I am currently on a Large SB150 that fits really well at that 480 mark. The Large on this one is way down to 450 and the numbers overall seem very small for me. The XL is very close in most respects, reach, bike length etc. But Yeti is saying that is for huge people up to 6'7" but gets me on the low side of that frame size.

I had a 4.5C years back and I found the Large there felt small and always wished I had gone XL on that one. Perhaps that is my answer?

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Since the SB115 is pretty similar to the SB100, I'd start by going through the SB100 thread on here for sizing advice.

For what it's worth, I'm 5'6" and in between sizes on the Yeti size chart (Small and Medium). After demoing them both, I ended up with the medium and very satisfied with that decision. I haven't tried out a SB150, but the SB130 in small fits me well.

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by brennenhuff View Post
    Ugh. Not sure what to do about sizing for this bike. I am 6'1" with a 34" inseam and normally feel most comfortable on bikes that have somewhere in the 470-480 reach range. I am currently on a Large SB150 that fits really well at that 480 mark. The Large on this one is way down to 450 and the numbers overall seem very small for me. The XL is very close in most respects, reach, bike length etc. But Yeti is saying that is for huge people up to 6'7" but gets me on the low side of that frame size.

I had a 4.5C years back and I found the Large there felt small and always wished I had gone XL on that one. Perhaps that is my answer?
    I'm 5'10" on a Large SB100, and it fits me perfectly. I would go XL, for sure.

Ride more; post less...

mtbr member

I'm 6'4 with 34 inseam so I easily do XL. My input would be go to a XL since your large felt small. I also own a Sb45c. The sb115 comes fitted with a 50mm stem so you have some options to shorten if you need to. I think you will find the longer bike more stable on the downs...

Yeti Cycles sb45c/sb150

mtbr member
    Check out Yeti Instagram

Yeti Cycles sb45c/sb150

mtbr member
    Iíd go XL. Iím 6í5Ē and have had a 130 and 150 in XL. I picked up a 100 this year and the XL is tiny, wish there would have been a bigger size or updated reach. Iím had to size up to a 80mm stem to get remotely comfortable. Iíd imagine if you went large, youíd have similar concerns. Itís good with the longer stem but with the stock 50, I was all out of sorts.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobstopper View Post
    Iíd go XL. Iím 6í5Ē and have had a 130 and 150 in XL. I picked up a 100 this year and the XL is tiny, wish there would have been a bigger size or updated reach. Iím had to size up to a 80mm stem to get remotely comfortable. Iíd imagine if you went large, youíd have similar concerns. Itís good with the longer stem but with the stock 50, I was all out of sorts.
    Well at 6í5Ē itís a no brained....probably would like a XXL if they made one.

At 6í is where the debate between L and XL comes into play. Stem lengths are typically required to lengthen or shorten the reach.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobstopper View Post
    What this guy says. The geometry is small for almost anyone over 6'2" (compared to the "new" geo of GG, Transition, Mondraker, etc.); Yeti SB115 needs an XXL.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016

Same size as you, very comfortable on XL SB 100

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Brian,

Is Graves rocking a new line of yeti branded saddles? Says itís a SM Pro, so I donít think itís new old stock. Understand if you canít say.

mtbr member
    Brian,

Is Graves rocking a new line of yeti branded saddles? Says itís a SM Pro, so I donít think itís new old stock. Understand if you canít say.
    One of his picture shows old stock model "turq" highlights....I think World Wide Cyclery may have some still.. The all black is based on a new current Ergon saddle but haven't seen it for sale tbh.....I'll hit up my Ergon contact about it...

Yeti Cycles sb45c/sb150

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    I'm in the market for a new bike, and have narrowed it down to the Ranger, Spur and 115. I would run the SID 120 fork on the Ranger or Spur, would that be a good fit for the 115 as well, or would it make the head angle too steep?

I think any of these bikes will probably suit my needs, I am looking for a light bike that is still fun, I live in the CO front range and mostly ride longer, intermediate trails, every once in a while I will ride something steep and chunky, but it's not really my jam. I like to go fast up and down, and at least one of my rides each week I am trying to set a PR. Going to enter a couple of races next year, including the Leadville 100. I want to perform well in these races but not at the cost of having fun going down and riding the occasional rowdy trail.

The only MTB I have owned is my Devinci Troy, which is 150 both front and back and weights around 34 pounds, I'm sure the Ranger, Spur or 115 will be a lot easier going up! Possible I would keep the Troy and have a 2 bike set up but would prefer to sell it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    I'm considering similar bikes right now but it's hard to get demo's and Transition told me the Spur is sold out until October. If you want to run the SID 120, why not look at the SB100? Assuming the linkage updates are available if you experience anything coming loose, it sounds like a good fit for the type of riding you're describing.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by yagr68 View Post
    I'm considering similar bikes right now but it's hard to get demo's and Transition told me the Spur is sold out until October. If you want to run the SID 120, why not look at the SB100? Assuming the linkage updates are available if you experience anything coming loose, it sounds like a good fit for the type of riding you're describing.
    I was dead set on the SB100 until all these new bikes started coming out. Two things have changed my mind:

1) As I have been following the posts on this site, it seems like I see a lot of people with linkage issues. And some of these people say they have tried to address them several times only to see them come loose again. I don't want to have to deal with that or worry about it.

2) This isn't based on anything factual, but I am anticipating the Ranger, Spur, and possibly even the 115 will be just as fast going up, while being a little more capable going down.

Having said that I am still open to the 100.

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by APDuncan27 View Post
    I was dead set on the SB100 until all these new bikes started coming out. Two things have changed my mind:

1) As I have been following the posts on this site, it seems like I see a lot of people with linkage issues. And some of these people say they have tried to address them several times only to see them come loose again. I don't want to have to deal with that or worry about it.

2) This isn't based on anything factual, but I am anticipating the Ranger, Spur, and possibly even the 115 will be just as fast going up, while being a little more capable going down.

Having said that I am still open to the 100.
    FWIW, Strava says I have 2,372 miles on my SB100 in the last year, and I haven't had any issues. Have serviced the SI link twice...no issues. To me, it's the perfect bike for endurance XC, with good trail capability. I just ordered an SB130 LR as my "big bike", so don't need the 100 to cover that end of the spectrum.
    Ride more; post less...

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by waltaz View Post
    FWIW, Strava says I have 2,372 miles on my SB100 in the last year, and I haven't had any issues. Have serviced the SI link twice...no issues. To me, it's the perfect bike for endurance XC, with good trail capability. I just ordered an SB130 LR as my "big bike", so don't need the 100 to cover that end of the spectrum.
    That's good to hear, and I am guessing those with the issues are a small minority, but it still has my attention. That's a lot of miles on your SB100, nice!

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by APDuncan27 View Post
    That's good to hear, and I am guessing those with the issues are a small minority, but it still has my attention. That's a lot of miles on your SB100, nice!
    That bike just eats up the miles...
    Ride more; post less...

mtbr member
    I own a sb4.5 and have long thought about upgrading it. Any opinions on how the sb115 compares? On paper they seem pretty similar.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stonedead View Post
    I own a sb4.5 and have long thought about upgrading it. Any opinions on how the sb115 compares? On paper they seem pretty similar.
    Think modern sb45c update.
    Check out Geoff Kabush IG TV. Graves refers to the Sb45c vs sb115

Yeti Cycles sb45c/sb150

17j
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    5-9 what size?