mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Straight from the Halls of Yeti!!!!!

AS-X returns to the fleet

The AS-X returns to the fleet as a frame/headset/fork combo. This bike is perfect for freeriders and aspiring DH'ers looking for one of the toughest do-it-all bikes. It can navigate tight technical sections, pedal comfortably uphill, take big hits with either 6.4" or 7.1" of travel, all while its 1.5" headtube and plush 2009 Fox Float 36 RC2 with tapered steerer fork give the front-end incredible stiffness. The frame comes with a Cane Creek headset and 2008 DHX 5.0 rear suspension. Retail $1829

Moab Thaw Festival
    Demo season kicks off in February

The 2009 Demo Season kicks off next February on President's Day weekend in Moab, Utah for The Thaw Festival. When the Front Range is still packed in snow, and everyone is jonesing to hit the trails, The Thaw Festival happens just in the nick of time to get people stoked on the upcoming season and new bikes. The Yeti demo trailer will be present with 2009 AS-R Alloys, AS-R Carbons, 575's and 303R-DH's to demo, as well as partaking in the festivities and local group rides all weekend long. Contact demo@yeticycles.com for any further questions and information.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    cool!

Excellent news! Just in time for Xmas!

Thanks for the info and happy holidays!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Excellent! I always liked the ASX. Nice to see it back.

mtbr member
    ASX is the new and long anticipated 7.

mtbr member
    Thanks Yeti!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Cool! Put me down as another who wants to know is this the same basic AS-X frame? Assuming so...

Either way, more gravity rigs in the Yeti lineup = mo betta!

******ed or Branded??
    Dang..... I just told my wife that I wouldn't buy another bike after building my DH bike which I just got done building in october! Oh well maybe I can keep this one at a friends house or something.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by .downhillfaster.
    And actually, is $1829 the price for the frame/fork/shock & HS? ...
    Probably just the frame/shock/headset.
    It would be nice if Yeti would offer the tapered steerer forks as they can be hard to find.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    any changes.....iscg mounts????

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Clarifications:

The AS-X is not the AS-R Seven. The AS-R Seven is due out this spring. We are currently testing the final revision of that bike and it is looking and feeling very, very good. Part of the delay involves mounting everything form a single ring crank with a chainguide, to a double and even a triple to ensure that everything will work well.

$1829 is the price for Frame, Shock, Headset and Fork.

The fork, as stated, is a tapered steerer tube. The headset will come with a reducer cup for the top.

Happy Holidays!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    uf! spring for the seven :-( where we can see some pics of the final version of the seven?

tiggs

What timing

What timing as I just bought a used 05 ASX last week. Do we know if the ASX remains unchanged or has it been updated in some way? Either way, mine should be pointed downhill in the next week or so and I can't wait! So far it feels pretty good.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    This is awesome news!!!!!! Long Live the AS-X!!!!!
    I use my 07 AS-X as my do it all bike and it does it all well. I love this bike.

Thank You Yeti

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Do we know if the ASX remains unchanged or has it been updated in some way? +1???

Stray Bullet
    Hey Chris, how about some pics of the new AS-X.

Sizing and geo would be great too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by toHELLuRIDE
    ASX is the new and long anticipated 7.
    Really? So it's no longer called Seven or will it be ASX 7? Got me confused all along. And no pics yet?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Per Yeti's post, these are two different bikes. There is still a Seven model that they are refining into the production model and then there is the AS-X. Changes to the AS-X haven't been stated here. Personally I don't care at all if they make design changes to the AS-X, this bike is already dialed. Maybe do the AS-X in the team color. I've got a 07 model in the raw/white and it looks beautimuss! Hope they keep this paint scheme.

Schipperkes are cool.
    Is that 29" wheel'd Yeti going to be there?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.
    I ride so slow, your Garmin will shut off.

mtbr member
    Any pics of the AS-X or the Seven????

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Ok, but pics of the new seven and asx (it this last has any difference of the previous model)

Happy new year from Spain!

mtbr member
    This pic. had me wanting an AS-X for a long time.

At that price, I will be getting one, I will be tossing the headset and installing a King on it though.

I just realized I have a full build kit minus frame and fork for it.

BTW what seat post size is it going to get.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    My 2007 ASX is that same white/raw color and looks clean and mean to me. Hope Yeti will keep this color and I wouldn't mind seeing the ASX in the team colors either.

Mine came built up with a FSA Pig headset with a reducer to fit the 1-1/8 steerer tube on my fork, but since I have changed that and went with a Chris King Devolution headset to fit the same fork and lovin that upgrade. Not taking anything away from the FSA, but the King headset is smoother and looks way cleaner without that external reducer.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    This is awesome news for 2009. The ASX is a sweet bike and I can't wait to get one into the shop. I wonder if a DHX air will fit on it?
    http://wembleycycles.com/ Yeti Cycles Dealer for Western Australia.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    well that news will bring me back to yeti,I was fancying an asx,hope they haven't all gone by the time i get to Canada in the spring

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    This is great news.

mtbr member
    When is a release date?

What are the specs. if they have changed from the last version.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    So when is the site going to be updated? Would love to check out the AS-X, 303R-DH, revised Seven, etc.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit
    So when is the site going to be updated?
    That's the one million dollars question.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Why switch to the tapered headset/headtube? It had a perfectly fine 1.5" headset which you could either run adaptors with or run a full 1.5" steerer tube fork....like my Totem. Which would be awesome on an ASX. A small grumble, but i like having a nice selection of forks to choose from.... That is unless Fox is going to release a longer travel version of the 36 with a tapered steerer.
    http://wembleycycles.com/ Yeti Cycles Dealer for Western Australia.

Was that a Bobcat?
    Is the ASX going to come in Small and Xtra small size as did the new 575's?
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

http://www.travbuddy.com/widget_map_...php?id=3291361

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I'm with you Paperplane, I just don't understand the reasoning behind this tapered headtube stuff. What are we gonna save in weight? About a farts worth! Glad I'm not a manufacturer for forks or headsets, this would be a major headache!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    This is great news!!

I had just started to look around for a replacement for my, 04 AS-X, but it looks like I don't have to look any further The AS-X is the perfect addition to my 575!

I really hope You Yeti guys keep the 1.5 steerer. My only suggestion is you make the rear frame a bit stiffer, with Maxel or a threw axel, and that you make the geometry adjustable, like the concentric shock bolt on the new 'R models. That would be great!!!

Happy trails
    M

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperplane
    Why switch to the tapered headset/headtube? It had a perfectly fine 1.5" headset which you could either run adaptors with or run a full 1.5" steerer tube fork....like my Totem. Which would be awesome on an ASX. A small grumble, but i like having a nice selection of forks to choose from.... That is unless Fox is going to release a longer travel version of the 36 with a tapered steerer.
    I don't know why there is such a fuss....the only thing with a tapered tube is the fork from the frame kit (probably to stock only one 36 fork for the kits of ASX and Seven)

yeti cycles made it clear:
    Quote Originally Posted by yeticycles.com

The fork, as stated, is a tapered steerer tube. The headset will come with a reducer cup for the top.

so the fork is tapered, but the headtube isn't, headtube is 1.5"...the top headset cup will use a reducer to accept the tapered fork

Members who have read this thread: 0