This post is a perfect example of why I avoid other forums.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

This post is a perfect example of why I avoid other forums.

Just decided to look around in another thread for a different bike manufacturer and stumbled upon some F'ed up rants. It's really sad that people get this keyed up on the internet and more than likely in the real world as well.

This is what another Member wrote in response to being critisized about something a poster wrote:

You want personal attack? Okay, head hater R!ight here!

Y0U are a complete M0R0N, with absolutely N0 track record of anything useful driveled from your keyboard. Evaluate your post...what did it accomplish other than tongue-punching Afun's whinny fart-box? Your post make you sound like some self-righteous ****servative Christian fundi-tard, and I'd bet you're planning on voting for that WhinnyLittleB!+ch of a ConLiarAndThief Donald Drumpf? Plant your head back up your rectum, crawl back under your momma's teet, and STFU, because your useless posts are akin to Trump's verbal diarrhea!

PS - Bite it w/ your calm the fvk down!
    Last edited by skinnybex; 06-05-2016 at 10:10 PM.
    20' SB165
    19' SB150
    19' SB130
    21' Sworks Enduro
    21' Sworks Stumpy
    21' Epic HT
    Pinarello F10

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    It's easy to throw up a persona and/or be a shithead while hiding behind a screen. Keyboard warriors abound and bs like "I have two friends that broke that bike/drivetrain/fork". Or my current fave: "I can buy 30 Capras for that" (the YT forum has 9 threads from the past 4 years, so I'm sure everybody has one). I just ignore the bs. I don't have the time nor energy to get caught up in it. Unfortunately, "that's the Internet" rings true in many cases.

mtbr member
    Just to make myself more clear this was what started it all with a guy making this statement and the first few response were cordial until this...then things went south fast.

Original poster:
    Been biking since January. I really love it. Pavement/gravel/all mountain. I have bought expensive stuff before. I've also been involved in niche hobbies which usually have high costs associated to them....but the Pricing on Santa Cruz bikes have gone wild.

Just my opinion. Very good looking bikes.

Response by an agitated member:
    Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one and most of them stink.

I didn't have to even have to open this thread to know you were a '16 member with less than a year of riding under your belt.

Problem with people like you is that you don't know sh!t, but you think you do. The worst kinda internet troll.
    20' SB165
    19' SB150
    19' SB130
    21' Sworks Enduro
    21' Sworks Stumpy
    21' Epic HT
    Pinarello F10

mtbr member
    I'm just thankful to learn from fellow members and gather the info I want and need in a polite and respectful manner. I realize that on the internet things can get out of hand pretty quick but I'm happy to be a Yeti owner and I apologize if I've been out of line myself in the past.

Happy riding my fellow Bikers !!!!
    20' SB165
    19' SB150
    19' SB130
    21' Sworks Enduro
    21' Sworks Stumpy
    21' Epic HT
    Pinarello F10

mtbr member
    Must be the Evil forum haha

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy79 View Post
    Must be the Evil forum haha
    Surprisingly enough it wasn't the Evil clan.

Of course Yeti pricing came up numerous times during this conversation. Sometimes I wonder if people just have buyers remorse and wish they had bought a Yeti but instead whatever given bike brand. They just spray the same old craver and over.

Buy an Enduro build and enjoy.
    20' SB165
    19' SB150
    19' SB130
    21' Sworks Enduro
    21' Sworks Stumpy
    21' Epic HT
    Pinarello F10

mtbr member
    I avoided all of MTBR for several years due to this sort of behavior. The Colo Front Range forum is notoriously negative and continues to be. Its sad people take a fun sport and make it a source of such negativity.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsnotfour View Post
    I avoided all of MTBR for several years due to this sort of behavior. The Colo Front Range forum is notoriously negative and continues to be. Its sad people take a fun sport and make it a source of such negativity.
    Hahaha, the person that really flipped out is a Colorado Front range rider.
    20' SB165
    19' SB150
    19' SB130
    21' Sworks Enduro
    21' Sworks Stumpy
    21' Epic HT
    Pinarello F10

mtbr member
    skinnybex, now don't go crazy, but is it possible that your post falls into the same category?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU Alum View Post
    skinnybex, now don't go crazy, but is it possible that your post falls into the same category?
    I'd agree with that statement but it was in defense to an topic and new poster that shouldn't be subjected to a post like that but instead a PM. Yeah, it's the internet and it pretty stupid in the end but I'll tell you I really worry about society these days.
    20' SB165
    19' SB150
    19' SB130
    21' Sworks Enduro
    21' Sworks Stumpy
    21' Epic HT
    Pinarello F10

mtbr member
    I'm not surprised. The behavior on the Front Range forum gave rise to several facebook pages that are moderated tightly. You typically can't use a pseudonym.

mtbr member
    And yes I realize the original topic was possibly trolling but cmon, how much stick do Yeti owners get over the constant ranting on being $$$$$.

I also apologized to the person I responded to with in a later post.

But yes I've been guilty of being a D'bag on a few occasions.
    20' SB165
    19' SB150
    19' SB130
    21' Sworks Enduro
    21' Sworks Stumpy
    21' Epic HT
    Pinarello F10

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnybex View Post
    Hahaha, the person that really flipped out is a Colorado Front range rider.
    We're just tired of 'what are the best tires for the front range' posts.

mtbr member
    What's the best way to shuttle Apex?

mtbr member
    Moving to Colorado, what's the best place to live?

mtbr member
    I'd like to ride Apex. hopefully I'll get out there in September.
    20' SB165
    19' SB150
    19' SB130
    21' Sworks Enduro
    21' Sworks Stumpy
    21' Epic HT
    Pinarello F10

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy79 View Post
    Moving to Colorado, what's the best place to live?
    I'd live in Ouray and drive my Jeep every weekend after I rode my bike. A little to rural for me though.
    20' SB165
    19' SB150
    19' SB130
    21' Sworks Enduro
    21' Sworks Stumpy
    21' Epic HT
    Pinarello F10

mtbr member
    I'd live in Ouray and drive my Jeep every weekend after I rode my bike. A little to rural for me though.
    I need to ride there. I've only spent time there in the winter, when I used to ice climb. Beautiful area. I have ridden around Durango and it was epic, and I hate the overuse of the word epic.

banned
    Jul 2015
    Surprisingly enough it wasn't the Evil clan.

Of course Yeti pricing came up numerous times during this conversation. Sometimes I wonder if people just have buyers remorse and wish they had bought a Yeti but instead whatever given bike brand. They just spray the same old craver and over.

Buy an Enduro build and enjoy.
    What's ironic and funny about the Yeti price whiners was when they said they would buy a Santa Cruz instead, because Yeti is too expensive. Then two weeks later the new TB 3 comes out and there's only a 100$ difference between the XO1 builds. This is if SC didn't cheap out and specked the TB3 XO1 build with Fox Factory like the Yeti does.

mtbr member
    A hiker didn't yield to me on Chimney.

mtbr member
    Look me up when you're in town. Apex is right by Yeti head quarters. The mountains will be clear too. I've want to do Copper to Camp Hale this year.

https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/619...n-to-camp-hale

mtbr member
    Black Bear Pass above Telluride looks awesome.

Black Bear Pass Colorado - 4WD Trail and Photos

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicane32 View Post
    What's ironic and funny about the Yeti price whiners was when they said they would buy a Santa Cruz instead, because Yeti is too expensive. Then two weeks later the new TB 3 comes out and there's only a 100$ difference between the XO1 builds. This is if SC didn't cheap out and specked the TB3 XO1 build with Fox Factory like the Yeti does.
    I think it's the frame-only pricing that gets people... Yeti's run $400600 more there.

Tribe Member
    Whats the best tire and beer combo for the front range after spending $7k on a new bike that is obsolete the day I ride it?
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yetirich View Post
    Whats the best tire and beer combo for the front range after spending $7k on a new bike that is obsolete the day I ride it?
    I saw a snake today.

mtbr member
    I'd agree with that statement but it was in defense to an topic and new poster that shouldn't be subjected to a post like that but instead a PM. Yeah, it's the internet and it pretty stupid in the end but I'll tell you I really worry about society these days.
    I have to laugh (with you, not at you) 'cause my wife saw your post and laughed and said to me "it's like looking inside your head"!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Interesting because I am often turned off by the over-the-top fanboy nature of the Yeti forum. I'd rather have raw truth and emotion than a bunch of dudes constantly high-five-ing each other because they have the same bike.

banned
    Jul 2015

These pics make me want to leave waaay over crowded Southern California. I guess we have our own views of paradise, which includes the coast, but in a different way.

banned
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by hillharman View Post
    I think it's the frame-only pricing that gets people... Yeti's run $400600 more there.
    Ya, I forgot about frame only which I'm guessing the SI adds a good 300, which you have to factor in. So, I guess some complaing over an extra 200 for a Yeti frame.

mtbr member
    I love my Yeti, but its all alloy has 3 chain rings and 26" wheels. Apex was much better 25 years ago although the new flush toilets and tool station (thanks Yeti) are really nice.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueallah View Post
    I love my Yeti, but its all alloy has 3 chain rings and 26" wheels. Apex was much better 25 years ago although the new flush toilets and tool station (thanks Yeti) are really nice.
    The old over sized port-john was the most vile disgusting port-john I have ever been in. It used to bake in the sun and I'd throw up a little.

mtbr member
    malibucrew.com???

That forum has an Afun that tends to take a LOT of heat. haha

mtbr member
    Look me up when you're in town. Apex is right by Yeti head quarters. The mountains will be clear too. I've want to do Copper to Camp Hale this year.

https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/619...n-to-camp-hale
    Absolutely my friend, I would be happy to get some trail time with you in your neck of the woods.
    20' SB165
    19' SB150
    19' SB130
    21' Sworks Enduro
    21' Sworks Stumpy
    21' Epic HT
    Pinarello F10

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GlazedHam View Post
    Interesting because I am often turned off by the over-the-top fanboy nature of the Yeti forum. I'd rather have raw truth and emotion than a bunch of dudes constantly high-five-ing each other because they have the same bike.
    Seriously, this.... the positivity and enthusiasm for Yeti products in the Yeti forum is truly disgusting.
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

mtbr member
    I would rather have good thoughtful opinions with respect and class rather then a bunch of name calling and pompous know it all attitudes.

Every forum for the bike manufacturers has some sort of as you would call it "fanboyism" because most people are proud of what they spent their hard earned money to buy and believe their bike is the best current platform for them.

Hopefully we will avoid some of the conversations and posters you seem to be intrigued with here in the Yeti forum. Those raw truth and emotional discussions are usually far from being productive and truthful.
    20' SB165
    19' SB150
    19' SB130
    21' Sworks Enduro
    21' Sworks Stumpy
    21' Epic HT
    Pinarello F10

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Yeah, screw people being positive and being stoked for having something in common. Weirdos.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I like going in the evil forums when I need a good laugh

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by invol2ver View Post
    I like going in the evil forums when I need a good laugh
    Yeah they're almost as funny as the Santa Cruz, Knolly, Pivot, Transition, Ibis, Banshee, Divinci, Canfield, Kona, YT and Yeti forums. LOL, they all got their fanbous. What's new?
    Function in disaster, finish in style.

mtbr member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Flucod View Post
    Neg repped ya, you should look up hypocrite. Your post are far more vile then the other guy.
    I could care less about you Negative repping me considering my very first post of this thread was not my words but a copy and paste from what another member wrote and attacked a person with that statement.

I should Negative rep you for not paying attention. Nice job jumping to conclusions.
    Anyways thanks for your contribution
    20' SB165
    19' SB150
    19' SB130
    21' Sworks Enduro
    21' Sworks Stumpy
    21' Epic HT
    Pinarello F10

mtbr member
    Dear skinnybex,

Pau11y has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Santa Cruz Pricing Downright Silly - in the Santa Cruz forum of Forums - Mtbr.com.

This thread is located at:
    Santa Cruz Pricing Downright Silly - Page 3- Mtbr.com

Here is the message that has just been posted:

---Quote (Originally by biketavioumaximus)---
    Pau11y , jonshonda. What's with the attack on a new rider for observing the obvious. What a pair of D1cks!

Calm the FUKC down haters!
    ---End Quote---
    You want personal attack? Okay, head hater R!ight here!

Y0U are a complete M0R0N, with absolutely N0 track record of anything useful driveled from your keyboard. Evaluate your post...what did it accomplish other than tongue-punching Afun's whinny fart-box? Your post make you sound like some self-righteous ****servative Christian fundi-tard, and I'd bet you're planning on voting for that WhinnyLittleB!+ch of a ConLiarAndThief Donald Drumpf? Plant your head back up your rectum, crawl back under your momma's teet, and STFU, because your useless posts are akin to Trump's verbal diarrhea!

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
    Forums - Mtbr.com
    20' SB165
    19' SB150
    19' SB130
    21' Sworks Enduro
    21' Sworks Stumpy
    21' Epic HT
    Pinarello F10

mtbr member
    People really suck sometimes !!!
    20' SB165
    19' SB150
    19' SB130
    21' Sworks Enduro
    21' Sworks Stumpy
    21' Epic HT
    Pinarello F10

banned
    Jul 2015
    People really suck sometimes !!!
    Just the nature of people with an Elementary School mentality.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flucod View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to skinnybex again.
    Thanks for the Love Flucod !!! Come visit us in the Yeti forum anytime my friend.
    20' SB165
    19' SB150
    19' SB130
    21' Sworks Enduro
    21' Sworks Stumpy
    21' Epic HT
    Pinarello F10

mtbr member

I'll be hitting this for the first time this summer! Can't wait, it'll be only the second time my Jeep has gotten to wheel in the Colorado Mountain! Living in flatland territory makes it the views and experiences I get visiting Colorado that much more meaningful for sure.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Whats funny is that I was a little nervous of buying a Yeti while living in Golden just because there are so many people that talk crap about Yeti. But you just can not deny that the Yeti rides amazing on the type of trails we have around here. Now if I could only get better at climbing

You guys cracked me up about the front range forum, yeah I have never once posted there just due to all the bs talk. Its most of the time not even good for a laugh. Luckily though I have not met people like that while actually out riding my bike. Most everyone here is really laid back and just looking to have fun like everyone else.

mtbr member
    I took a four year hiatus from the Front Range forum due to the flame wars. When I returned this year I found the Front Range forum has cleared out for the most part. I'm not sure if that's due to people being banned.

Unfortunately there's no middle ground. The 303 Trail Monitor Facebook page is the other end of the spectrum. It's full of newbies who don't know the difference between a brown and black bear, want to advertise any semblance of an uncrowded trail, and expect us all to get excited for each and every new transplant.