Interview with Stretch and Conroy- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Interview with Stretch and Conroy

https://nsmb.com/articles/yeti-cycle...yofl_FPpcpuzH8

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    so tire rub isnít a problem, shock bushings were not a problem but fox decided to change!

Iíd expect yeti to have better answers for these questions.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    For the shock bushing issue, I think they explained it quite well:

It's not an issue from an engineering perspective, but because consumers perceive it to be an issue and is a relatively easy fix, we've made the update so that people don't think its an issue.

That's a quite logical and reasonable position to take.

mtbr member
    Yeti: Every other rear wheel on every other bike ever made always rubs on the chainstay......srsly WTF

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    I love Yeti, but I think the bushing response is them trying to cover their ass. I have never had a bike that had a shock I could wiggle freely. Yeti didn't want to throw Fox under the bus, and Yeti didn't want to take the blame completely. At the end of the day, consumers are riding these bikes. Not engineers(though some consumers are definitely engineers). We as consumers are used to bikes that don't rattle and put together pretty well. The moment something is loose, we pick up on it and complain. Regardless of what their engineers say, we feel that the rear shock should definitely NOT wiggle freely. So it must be fixed. I personally think that it as a bad batch of bushings and something definitely is wrong with them.

Also, I have a feeling that Chris(Co-Founder) joined the interview so that Peter(Director of Engineering) doesn't accidentally divulge nor admit fault or blame Fox with the bushing issues. I work with a lot of engineers and they provide way too much information than necessary. One slip of the tongue and the blame game begins.
    I no longer like to party. But I like the idea of it.

mtbr member
    "It isn't an issue for our consumers."

"You've had a few people that have been pretty loud about it...."

"and you can tell us what you think but I, but I think that's a classic case of having some chatter on the Internet and it getting conflated rather than actually having a major issue"

So the flex is not an issue for any of our Yeti consumers, but it is an issue for some of them, but only the weirdos who are gobbing off on the interwebs, and they can all just fack right off, I mean they can tell us what they think, of course they can, but they can still just facking fack right off stupid cun+s, but otherwise flex is not even an issue for anyone, except that, wait, I forgot, it's actually an issue for everyone cos whatever bike you're on, it's flexing so much right now that the wheel is rubbing your stays so, yeah, just stop attacking me god you're so annoying.

mtbr member
    the bushings problem since it has already been solved is quite easy to get in an agreement with fox on how/what to say about it, but not just say in other words ďto make people feel betterĒ!

now the rub issue is absurd, yeah shops checked and it rubs but itís not an issue, to me it seems they still havenít found a solution and wonít admit to the problem until them, itís even more weird that some people have and some donít, and itís unclear if itís a really low margin or some frames with some sort of weird provlem out in the field.

Not a role model
    Yeti's like one of those problem families, from an outside view. Got the kids making up all sorts of little lies to excuse their misconduct, and the momma's got total trust in 'em, batting for 'em when some other kid or adult tries to call 'em out. The kid could be stealing, cheating, bullying others, etc. but thinks they're doing no wrong, and firmly believes the blame lies elsewhere (e.g. indirectly provoked/asked to be stolen from, bullied, etc.). Momma's like, "my child's an angel, and not like your rotten one. What kind of grades is yours getting, cause mine's doing fantastic." If they are shown compelling evidence, momma would be like, "your child shouldn't have made it so easy to steal from, or shouldn't look so meek--my child was trying to help toughen them up, as the real adult world is much worse. Everyone does these things; if you punish my child, you have to punish all of them."

Anyone else bothered by companies that "strongly encourage" their employees only to use their products? Seems incestuous in my eyes. The company kool-aid runs through their veins...

*goes to check out various bikes, picking them up by their shocks and trying to find even one that has play, or one that has evidence of rubber streaks on the inside of the stays from tire rub*

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    so tire rub isnít a problem, shock bushings were not a problem but fox decided to change!

Iíd expect yeti to have better answers for these questions.
    what did you expect? marketing spin. Yeti can do no wrong. Now we know they're definitely listening, they just don't care. Also, who picks their bike up by the shock? What a joke! LOL
    Denver, CO