OriginalDonk

Dedicated Thread for Yeti's Response(s) to SB100, SB130, and SB150 Issues

Each of the SB100, SB130, and SB150 performance and build threads has a number of references to issues that customers have encountered with each model. These issues range from SI tolerance issues for the SB100, bushing play in the SB130 and SB150, and rear end flex/tire rub for the SB150 and can be found along with posts praising the performance of each bike.

During the SB130 and SB150 launches we learned that the Yeti design and engineering team follows relevant forums and threads closely. It is reasonable to assume that Yeti is following this forum given the contributions of the community. We haven't, at this time (27th of October), seen a response from Yeti addressing any of these issues. I think this has surprised many of us current or former Yeti owners.

I propose that the MTBR Yeti forum community keeps this thread up near the top of the forum by submitting a simple and straightforward "Bump" every 24 hours or so until we hear from Yeti. Each "Bump" documents another period of silence on their end and hopefully will ratchet up the pressure to respond.

To Yeti: The users of this forum have documented a number of issues, some minor, and some that appear to keep users from using the bike as marketed. We look forward to reading a thorough response from you.

mtbr member
    Interesting idea, Iíve never seen yeti post here other than when JohnP used to be a Yeti rep and would constantly contribute to the Yeti forum given feedback and some inout back to us.

To me Yeti sees themselves as too cool to be answering forums, unfortunately!

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Ya, they probably have some sort of company policy NOT to post on public forums.

mtbr member
    If you don't acknowledge something as a problem then your not admitting it's a problem and thats what I think is happening with Yeti at this moment. Obviously there will come a time that that can no longer be a viable tactic by Yeti or any bike company if there is indeed a legitimate issue or issues with these various bikes.

I'm not ready to light the world on fire claiming anything is totally broken on any of these 3 bikes but I also haven't spend my hard earned money on an SB150 like some of the others have that are extremley unhappy with the issues stated which I do find concerning considering your not hearing of these similar issues with the other reputable brands.

I own an SB100 and I have about 400 miles on mine but I also haven't ridden it much lately do to a busy work schedule but I'm concerned about the latest gossip and fact finding on some of the rear end comments about rear end loosening and premature wear in the high tolerance areas.

If anyone has a chance to listen to the Episode of MTB podcast in early October where Yeti Ambassador Jonathan Lee interviews lead engineer Peter Z. he talks about the challenges that the design team faced with tire clearance and chainline and drivetrain spacing issues.

What I eventually see happening is a Super Boost 157 rear triangle on the SB130 and SB150 and future releases which creates additional problems with all the people that already invested in the 148mm spacing.

I think the arrogance of specifically the Newer marketing people that have come aboard at Yeti has really shined a negative light on whats going on currently with all the uneasy comments and experiences that people are having.

I can for one tell you that I was pretty pissed about some messages I received on the botched media launch of the SB150/130 which I attribute to the incompetence of some new hire people that need to be humbled a bit.

I can buy whatever brand bike I choose and the only way to make improvements for a brand most of us love and are passionate about is to speak up and remind the manufacturer that in this day and age of social media overload which is mostly negative time wasting that our voices and experiences are heard and they can make a huge influence on how a brand is perceived.

Over 11,000 Yeti curious people on the FB group and also MTBR get the info directly from us users and we hold the power.
    Yeti SB130
    Yeti SB100
    Yeti SB5.5
    Trans Sentinel
    Ibis Ripmo
    Yeti SB4.5
    Orbea Rallon
    Devinci Spartan
    Devinci Troy

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Mtbr members represent a very small portion of their customer base. If i was yeti, i wouldnt post on here. It always turns into a pissing pissing match. However as a mtbr member i would like to hear something official which will provide some peice of mind.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I will also say without a doubt that Yeti CEO Chris Conroy is a very passionate guy and only wants to make great trouble free bikes that continue to push the envelope and raise the performance bar. It's probably a really shitty position for him to know that many people aren't stoked at this moment and everything is slowly snowballing negatively with gossip whether it's 100% true or even 50% true. Chris also can't just wield an axe and any good leader must figure out an intelligent and honest approach to instill in his people while also making the Tribe happy/

I think these last 3 new gen bikes prove Yeti was listening to "Us" with going completley away from the safe approach concerning Geo and ride quality. I think that should be considered that they are really trying to build a better bike with all the features ww have been asking for.
    Yeti SB130
    Yeti SB100
    Yeti SB5.5
    Trans Sentinel
    Ibis Ripmo
    Yeti SB4.5
    Orbea Rallon
    Devinci Spartan
    Devinci Troy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonlui View Post
    Mtbr members represent a very small portion of their customer base. If i was yeti, i wouldnt post on here. It always turns into a pissing pissing match. However as a mtbr member i would like to hear something official which will provide some peice of mind.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Yes, posting on forums or social media is usually a kiss of death and it creates even more dissent and gossip. John P was a rarity and a real treasure for Yeti and he always has a way to convey his or Yetis thoughts in an eloquent way.
    Yeti SB130
    Yeti SB100
    Yeti SB5.5
    Trans Sentinel
    Ibis Ripmo
    Yeti SB4.5
    Orbea Rallon
    Devinci Spartan
    Devinci Troy

mtbr member
    The funny thing is the SB150 media launch video that Vitalmtb posted was the flame that ignited the fire about Flex and rear end tolerances. To also know that the audio interview attached to the written review talks about the compliance designed in has led to even more gossip that has never gone away.

All this gossip started from that riding comment from Brandon Turman showing and talking about rear end flex.

I messaged Yeti Marketing really early on to let them know about Street Doctors issues he was finding to help them get ahead of the facts he's supplied and whoever was in charge of receiving those messages ignored them.

The moment I informed the higher ups about this they responded immediately so I know there was a disconnect.

I hold a ton of respect for Conroy and Hoog and I know everything is going to turn out positive eventually.
    Yeti SB130
    Yeti SB100
    Yeti SB5.5
    Trans Sentinel
    Ibis Ripmo
    Yeti SB4.5
    Orbea Rallon
    Devinci Spartan
    Devinci Troy

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    The bushing play seems like a supplier issue.

The flex/tire-clearance/tire-rub seems like a fundamental engineering issues. It's far more concerning.

It's a fine line between appearing like a high -end boutique brand, and a company that doesn't have the scale to engineer and test things properly.

As bikes get more complex and specific, perhaps things will consolidate around larger manufacturers that have scale, compared to the garage-band feel of the smaller manufacturers who are driven by "passion." I kinda hate that characterization. I'd prefer companies be driven by perfectionism.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by McGG View Post
    The bushing play seems like a supplier issue.

It's a fine line between appearing like a high -end boutique brand, and a company that doesn't have the scale to engineer and test things properly.
    I think you hit the nail on the head here and itís what Iíve been saying since these problems arose. The flex issue seems like something that would have been sorted out with proper testing. Also surprising to me is to have this much flex in a frame that is fairly heavy.

Honestly it looks like they went all out on the longer reach and trying to fit a water bottle at the expense of the rear end integrity. If you look at the 150 compared to the 5.5 or the 6, the 150ís swingarm is only secured at the SI and the shock mount. Compare this with the 5.5 and 6 which have swingarms that bolt to the SI, dog bone and shock mount and it makes total sense why the 150 is a wet noodle in the rear end.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I guess the water bottle was important?

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Weight and stiffness donít go hand-in-hand. Look at the Canfield Riot. Frame weighed, what, somewhere around 9 pounds? And it was the noodliest frame Iíve ever ridden.
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Duff, the rear and of the 130 and the 150 both have an additional link besides the SI pivot point connecting the rear swing arm to the front triangles. This link shares a common axle/link bolt that the shock extender is mounted on.

mtbr member
    If Yeti came out tomorrow and said they were coming out with a new swing arm for the 150 that was more stiff... or a different more stiff layup for size large and above that truly fit a 2.5 it would still probably be really hard to keep me from buying another one even after my experiences. The bikes ride really well, they just need to iron out a few small issues and how they "do" customer service. I think we'll have to wait until fall of 2019 to see. I wouldn't hold your breath that they respond here or anywhere mentioning any of these issues. Kinda like the little kid playing hide and seek sitting in the corner with his hands over his own eyes.
    Denver, CO

Oh, So Interesting!
    I own a direct-sale business and it's a slippery slope for mfg'ers to post on forums and it usually doesn't go well, and it takes up time.

That said if Yeti wants to charge more than everyone else the design and build quality needs to be better than everyone else and imo it's not even close. It's just that simple.

Meanwhile, you can get a complete aluminum Trek Slash or GG or Transition or YT or Commencal or ... for about the same price as a SB150 frame. Hmm, choices... that fancy CF just don't matter unless someone is paying you to ride it imo.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by davec113 View Post
    I own a direct-sale business and it's a slippery slope for mfg'ers to post on forums and it usually doesn't go well, and it takes up time.

That said if Yeti wants to charge more than everyone else the design and build quality needs to be better than everyone else and imo it's not even close. It's just that simple.

Meanwhile, you can get a complete aluminum Trek Slash or GG or Transition or YT or Commencal or ... for about the same price as a SB150 frame. Hmm, choices... that fancy CF just don't matter unless someone is paying you to ride it imo.
    What is CF?

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I guess carbon fiber
    Quote Originally Posted by lardo5150 View Post
    What is CF?

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by ban View Post
    I guess carbon fiber
    Bingo!

Yeah, CF has nice damped feel but the difference is so slight I wouldn't pay extra for it, and would likely choose an aluminum frame given the choice as I ride trails that subject the downtube to many rock strikes.

With choices like I mentioned already I don't get the uber-$ bike trend. And it's not sour grapes either, I have a top end carbon bike that costs nearly what a new SB150 does. Also, if you are going to invest in a top end carbon bike I want to know what justifies the cost in terms of better construction and design. I don't see anything that sets these bikes apart from their much less expensive competition besides the fact Richie Rude rides one, and he'd win on a @#$ing tricycle.

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post

It's not that. It's just a no-win situation to post on here, even with the best intentions. I've been on this site long enough to see it first hand.

I've also been riding Yeti's excusively since 2005. Just bought a new bike and went with Ibis. Wasn't thrilled with the looks of the new line-up or my test ride, and couldn't care less about a water bottle holder.

I'm not here to hate on Yeti bikes, but after reading all of this I'm confident I made the right decision for myself. I would be seriously bummed dropping all that coin on a bike with these issues.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride View Post
    It's not that. It's just a no-win situation to post on here, even with the best intentions. I've been on this site long enough to see it first hand.

I've also been riding Yeti's excusively since 2005. Just bought a new bike and went with Ibis. Wasn't thrilled with the looks of the new line-up or my test ride, and couldn't care less about a water bottle holder.

I'm not here to hate on Yeti bikes, but after reading all of this I'm confident I made the right decision for myself. I would be seriously bummed dropping all that coin on a bike with these issues.
    That's the response you expect from a large corporation, not a small company dedicated to the community.

mtbr member
    we see employees from pivot which I used to follow anwering questions, we see light, dropper, and other components employees here answering questions as well... but yeti is really in a bad place right now, probably smart for them to not show up anyway!

Int'l Sales - PIVOT
    Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    Interesting idea, Iíve never seen yeti post here other than when JohnP used to be a Yeti rep and would constantly contribute to the Yeti forum given feedback and some inout back to us.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnybex View Post
    Yes, posting on forums or social media is usually a kiss of death and it creates even more dissent and gossip. John P was a rarity and a real treasure for Yeti and he always has a way to convey his or Yetis thoughts in an eloquent way.
    Thanks for the kind words, guys. At the risk of derailing this thread, there are a couple of points I'd like to clarify:
    1. Posting in forums was never an official part of my job description at Yeti, it was just something I thought would be helpful to the company. Back in the early 2000's when Weagle and I launched Evil and e13, we saw first hand how valuable these forums can be in terms of connecting with customers and fostering loyalty to our brand. It seemed like a necessary (and obvious) step at Yeti considering how passionate all their customers are.
    2. You're all right that it can be a tightwire act posting in here on behalf of your brand/employer. I definitely stuck my foot in my mouth a few times while posting on behalf of Yeti, but to their credit, Yeti management (Hoog/Conroy), was always understanding and forgiving.
    3. I'm a little surprised no one at Yeti has taken over for me on forums since I moved on to Pivot, but also, consider that I always did forum posting in my 'spare time', and that's pretty limited for anyone working at a small, busy company.

In any event, regardless of whether you're receiving replies on here, I guarantee your voices are being heard. Having been in the industry for almost 20 years now (insert old man emoji here), I know for a fact that any company who wants to stay around for a while understands that they need to monitor these conversations. In my personal opinion, the best ones figure out how to respond to concerns voiced in these forums - either through direct participation in the conversation or indirectly through product revisions.

Now everyone go buy a Pivot. ;-)

Cheers,
    JP
    PIVOT Cycles

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT pivotcycles DOT com

Instagram: @heyjohnp

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    IMO, part of the problem (that goes hand in hand with customer service) is: if the company doesn't acknowledge the problem...then: there is no problem.

For example:some people have issues with the flex. Yeti's response wasn't: we're aware and working on it. The response was: many people don't have an issue and many frames flex; therefore: our bike doesn't have an issue.

When I was talking with a dealer about why I moved the SB130 from the top of the list, part of the reason was my concern about lateral play. Yeti's response was: ďall shocks have some lateral play as to not impede movement as the shock moves through the stroke. This is to account for any minor alignment issues that still fall in tolerance of the frame. This is not something you feel when riding the bike, only if you grab the shock and move it laterally while on the frame.Ē This reads to me: any lateral play is in the shock and is totally normal, therefore our bikes have no issue.

As I've said in a number of posts: to me, it's not the issue the bikes are having so much as it is Yeti's dismissive tone when dealing with customers who've complained. If I can't trust you to help me when I have an issue with your product, then I can't afford to buy your product. Since Yeti doesn't have any issues with their bikes, there are no issues with their bikes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Yeti, has a problem, we just don't know the nature of the problem yet (or they don't). Even if the problem is now just a perception problem, that is a real problem. The scale of the perception problem is hard to determine - they are probably concluding that the scale of the perception problem is limited to the users of this forum, and those that can google here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, guys. At the risk of derailing this thread, there are a couple of points I'd like to clarify:
    1. Posting in forums was never an official part of my job description at Yeti, it was just something I thought would be helpful to the company. Back in the early 2000's when Weagle and I launched Evil and e13, we saw first hand how valuable these forums can be in terms of connecting with customers and fostering loyalty to our brand. It seemed like a necessary (and obvious) step at Yeti considering how passionate all their customers are.
    2. You're all right that it can be a tightwire act posting in here on behalf of your brand/employer. I definitely stuck my foot in my mouth a few times while posting on behalf of Yeti, but to their credit, Yeti management (Hoog/Conroy), was always understanding and forgiving.
    3. I'm a little surprised no one at Yeti has taken over for me on forums since I moved on to Pivot, but also, consider that I always did forum posting in my 'spare time', and that's pretty limited for anyone working at a small, busy company.

In any event, regardless of whether you're receiving replies on here, I guarantee your voices are being heard. Having been in the industry for almost 20 years now (insert old man emoji here), I know for a fact that any company who wants to stay around for a while understands that they need to monitor these conversations. In my personal opinion, the best ones figure out how to respond to concerns voiced in these forums - either through direct participation in the conversation or indirectly through product revisions.

Cheers,
    JP
    Boom !!!!!! Spoken like a true boss JP. Thanks for
    Stopping by and giving us a bit of your time and wisdom. BTW, Iím contacting pro Bike Supply about when theyíll have FB29ís available 🤟🏼 On their website as I have incentives for buying on the web.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnybex View Post
    Boom !!!!!! Spoken like a true boss JP. Thanks for
    Stopping by and giving us a bit of your time and wisdom. BTW, Iím contacting pro Bike Supply about when theyíll have FB29ís available 蘭 On their website as I have incentives for buying on the web.
    That guy gets it!

And the FB29 is sooo much fun!

OriginalDonk
    Thanks for chiming in JP. I had a number of incredibly positive and helpful interactions with you while you were at Yeti.

I think a number of the recent posts hit the nail on the head. I recognize that sometimes things don't go perfectly during one or many key steps (layup, installing the SI, hardware, etc.) and will personally stand by companies that acknowledge issues quickly and work in good faith to address them. Yes, that has left me without a bike at some inopportune times but these companies were standing behind their product.

I created this thread as I didn't feel that Yeti was acknowledging issues across a number of frames and was leaving customers without viable solutions. We've seen Yeti's position evolve on the SB100 and some inconsistencies on reported issues with the SB150. Historically, 90% of my interactions with Yeti employees (many of them with John P) have been absolutely stellar. It just doesn't seem like the same Yeti at the moment given my recent personal interactions with them and what I'm seeing reported by others. If you lose the faith of your most ardent supporter in Skinnybex that might be an operational red flag.

I'm hoping Yeti brass decide that the need to respond outweighs the potential downsides of contributing and we see how they plan on standing behind their products. Time to recognize issues, clearly outline solutions, and take care of their (up to this point loyal) customer base.
    Last edited by OriginalDonk; 10-30-2018 at 10:48 AM.

XSEAL
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post

Cheers,
    JP
    Great post. (I did buy a FB29 to go with my SB100. Stoked with both).

OriginalDonk
    I'm going to bump this one more time (as I planned). If it gets other forum member bumps in the coming days/weeks great. If it doesn't and falls down the list of threads, it was worth a go.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Well I just got a Tribe Book and Flag from Yeti. Iím smiling now while I wait for my new front triangle and SI for the 100.

mtbr member
    A local guy just got a replacement swingarm for his SB150 due to rubbing.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetdoctor View Post
    A local guy just got a replacement swingarm for his SB150 due to rubbing.
    It wasn't you? Haha

They gave him a new one as a warranty claim? I wonder what their wording/reasoning was if so.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbersk View Post
    It wasn't you? Haha

They gave him a new one as a warranty claim? I wonder what their wording/reasoning was if so.
    Not me, Iím done with that thing! He was getting bad tire rub as well. Not sure what if anything is different about the new swingarm. He said they asked him to try a 2.5 and see if this one rubbed.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    May 2018
    I hate that you're done with it considering how stoked you were at first. It sounds like something is different with the swing arm if they want him to test it out, no? I'm curious to see how that plays out, you should follow up with him to get more details.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbersk View Post
    I hate that you're done with it considering how stoked you were at first. It sounds like something is different with the swing arm if they want him to test it out, no? I'm curious to see how that plays out, you should follow up with him to get more details.
    Definitely will do. Sounds like he just got the replacement.
    Denver, CO

OriginalDonk
    I sure hope Yeti doesn't treat this like SRAM addressed the widely known SRAM Guide brake issues where the response you got was determined by your shop's relationship with the manufacturer. If they're replacing an SB150 swing arm for somebody on the front range I'm hoping they do the same for others who encounter similar issues.

Nice to hear somebody is getting looked after and a number of other SB150s are performing as expected.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonlui View Post
    Mtbr members represent a very small portion of their customer base.
    Small portion or not, search engines are powerful and this thread isn't something any brand would want on the Interwebz.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    As somebody that always admired yeti as a brand and for the bad ass products they produced, these recent issues have me worried. Especially since I just bought a yeti and now am dealing with them for some help with an issue, I'm hoping they can keep my faith and help fix it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ob917 View Post
    As somebody that always admired yeti as a brand and for the bad ass products they produced, these recent issues have me worried. Especially since I just bought a yeti and now am dealing with them for some help with an issue, I'm hoping they can keep my faith and help fix it.
    What kind of problem are you having?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Glad to see this thread dedicated to Yeti's responses...totally dedicated...
    Riding: '91 Carbon Epic Stumpjumper w/1" Slicks and a Rack on the Back

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IPA Rider View Post
    Glad to see this thread dedicated to Yeti's responses...totally dedicated...
    Got Troll!

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzanova View Post
    What kind of problem are you having?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    I didn't really feel like bringing up my particular issue, but it's all good now. Yeti is fixing it and I'm back on the bandwagon.🍻

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I didn't really feel like bringing up my particular issue, but it's all good now. Yeti is fixing it and I'm back on the bandwagon.
    Well that is about a worthless post.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by bogeydog View Post
    Well that is about a worthless post.

Sorry it doesnít help you out buddy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Sorry it doesnít help you out buddy.
    I am sure you gleaned some info that has helped you out in this forum....and you gave zero back.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by bogeydog View Post
    I am sure you gleaned some info that has helped you out in this forum....and you gave zero back.

Guess I need to spell it out,to help you. I cracked a frame and after going back and forth with yeti a little bit they warrantied it and are sending me a new one. So if anybody else is dealing with yetis warranty department keep the faith because it seems to me they do want to help.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Guess I need to spell it out,to help you. I cracked a frame and after going back and forth with yeti a little bit they warrantied it and are sending me a new one. So if anybody else is dealing with yetis warranty department keep the faith because it seems to me they do want to help.
    Great. Thanks for the details.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Update... Had the loose end deal pretty bad. Bolts wouldnít stay down after a ride. Blah blah blah. Ended up getting a new front triangle and SI. Everything was built back up today. Annnnnnnd, there is still a substantial amount of play. Iím not confident this will hold after a ride or two. Iím thinking the rear triangle may have been compromised during round 1 of this fight. Unfortunatly that wasnít replaced. Fun fun fun. Will report back after a ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by k/dv View Post
    Update... Had the loose end deal pretty bad. Bolts wouldnít stay down after a ride. Blah blah blah. Ended up getting a new front triangle and SI. Everything was built back up today. Annnnnnnd, there is still a substantial amount of play. Iím not confident this will hold after a ride or two. Iím thinking the rear triangle may have been compromised during round 1 of this fight. Unfortunatly that wasnít replaced. Fun fun fun. Will report back after a ride.
    update?
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetdoctor View Post
    update?
    Sure... fed up with the amount of movement, I walked the damn bike into HQ. Told me story. Dude was nervous and seemed like he knew something I didnít or maybe I was hyper analyzing the interaction. Anyways, he proceeds to say heíll take it back to adjust the SI preload. Oh, so the new front triangle you just sent me didnít have that work already done? Sweet. During this time another customer walked in. Got into talking and turns out he has a 100 with the same issue. Yeti dude returns with my bike. And to his credit - it did feel better with ďlessĒ movement. However, Iím not confident this will hold up. The movement be it how little it is is still too much. Good thing I cracked my swingarm on a rock and get to install a new one to see if it was in fact compromised by the horrible original triangle.

Most shocking is the 2 conversations I had that day between Golden Bike Shop and HQ. HQ seems to act like nothing is wrong whereas GBS was very selective in word choice.

Some people continue to show no signs of this issue while others are added to the roster daily.

Iím gonna have a real hard time selling this POS.

But the bike rips. Lol

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    I want to thank folks for the various Yeti SB threads----When the 130 came out I thought that is the bike for me even with the Yeti $$$ premium. Without getting into the debate I have taken this bike off my list---I simply do not want to spend a ton of money and risk having known issues and then feel the company did not support me---these threads have helped me make my call. While I wanted the bike the value of this forum community has been helpful.