The best bottle cage for 'under mounting' on your YETI.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2010

The best bottle cage for 'under mounting' on your YETI.

Preface - Forgive me if this has been covered, I do remember seeing something somewhere on this forum so please shoot me down with numerous links to existing threads if they exist, my poor search skill could not find them.

My question: Lets face it, most of us YETI fans on here are 'bottle mount challenged' shall we say due to lack of room. I want to hear from those of you who have found a killer bottle and cage combo so that sucker doesn't fall out over the rough when located on the underside of your turquoise steed! Double points for anyone who can keep a 750ml / 25fL in a cage..

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Edited because the ****ing shitty insurance company is taking every word on the forum said to weasel out of a claim.

DO NOT BUY FROM BIKMO or HISCOX UNDERWRITERS; THEY'RE DISHONEST, LYING AND DEVIOUS INSURERS WHO WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND DECIDE AFTER 6 MONTHS OF A CLAIM NOT TO PAY OUT! SCUMBAGS!!
    Last edited by properbikegeek; 03-20-2017 at 11:51 AM.

Somersault Expert
    Mar 2014
    Cheap plastic cage (broken a few), and an Under Armor bottle with a flip up lid. Hasn't failed me yet.

mtbr member
    I use a traditional aluminum bottle cage. I bend it so that the bottle fits in it extremely snug. I've never lost a bottle. Obviously I only use the bottle when stopping for a break.

Edit: I should add that I use a 24 oz bottle for Electrolyte replacement. My primary water source is a camelbak.

Formerly of Kent
    I'm probably going to mount a cage with a cargo (non-drinking) bottle on mine. Lots of giardia in the little creeks around here.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    I just wear a hydration pack. It's way easier than reaching for a bottle, drinking from it, and replacing it while on a trail. I used to use bottles but the pack has literally changed how I ride from negating the need to stop or slow down to drink.

mtbr member
    On shorter rides I stop to get drinks and I use this cage,, https://www.amazon.com/arundel-Arund.../dp/B00OZZSW7O

with this bottle. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On longer rides I still carry the bottle but wear a hydration pack also.

Formerly of Kent
    Carry this REI/Novara (aka Specialized) Keg in a Lezyne left side cage. Tools, tube, CO2, money. Frees up pockets for two bottles, phone, food.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Death from Below.

ast
    mtbr member

Spesh keg

Just added this to my 4.5c this week. Haven't ridden with it yet. The cage is just a cheap alloy specialized Zee cage, they didn't have the composite one but this alloy one holds the bottle real tight!
    I've got a specialized keg to hold a few bits and pieces and I've also started riding with pair of specialized SWAT bib shorts which I'm really liking.
    Also found a cheap bottle that has a cover over the spout so might give that a go and see if it looks clean enough to drink from....
    Just trying a few options for riding without my camelbak.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The best bottle cage for 'under mounting' on your YETI.-20160707_204630.jpg  

The best bottle cage for 'under mounting' on your YETI.-20160709_092036.jpg  

The best bottle cage for 'under mounting' on your YETI.-20160709_092052.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Specialized rib cage works well for me, have the SWAT tool mounted to it as well. Run 750ml bottles and yet to drop one.
    2019 Trance 29
    2018 Epic
    Procaliber- sold
    ASR-C- sold
    ARC Carbon- sold
    SB-95C- play bike- sold