mtbr member
    May 2008

West Texas Championship Series

Hey folks,

I wanted to unveil to everyone the new website for the West Texas Championship Series. Head over to www.wtcycling.com.

We have a great line of up races this season, three of which are TMBRA Series races! Come on out to West Texas for some good ole' Texan style racing.

See you at the start line!

No Knuckle Crew
    Hey Mayorphill, the new website looks awsome.

mtbr member
    I used to live in El Paso.

Nice to see that the most west part of Texas is still the neglected, beatened step child of the State.

But still has New Mexico to be it's loving foster parents.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Mike, is that you? Thanks bud!

@ponch: The WTCS tries to focus on races that are all within 2 hours or so of Lubbock, TX. Withing that range we have San Angelo, Abilene, and Amarillo. Anything beyond that really makes it hard on people for traveling. For instance, its a 5 hour ride from San Angelo to Abilene...that makes it hard for races on the opposite end of each other.

Regardless, doesn't El Paso team up with Cruces and some of the other local area to do racing?

likes to ride bikes
    Big state, you all have plenty to be proud of. IMHO El Paso and Camp Eagle are the best/craziest trails in Texas. Respect duly earned. Unfortunately the 2 hour radius from Lubbock elminates both of those West Texas locales. Like I said, y'all have a really big state!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Yeah, out in West Texas cities really start to get spread out. If you live in Dallas there are about 20 trails all within an hour or two from everyone.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mayorphill

Regardless, doesn't El Paso team up with Cruces and some of the other local area to do racing?
    Yes. Since it's so far west, it's part of the New Mexico series.

When I lived in EP, I played tournament racquetball, and it was the same deal. All our tournaments were in Cruces, EP, and Alberquerque. We defaulted to the NM racquetball association.

I just find it amusing what people different people in Texas think what "West Texas" is. (San Angelo? That's pretty close to the geometric centriod!!)

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Hey I didn't name the series. I just make the website and race in it

Quote Originally Posted by Poncharelli

When I lived in EP, I played tournament racquetball, and it was the same deal. All our tournaments were in Cruces, EP, and Alberquerque. We defaulted to the NM racquetball association.

I just find it amusing what people different people in Texas think what "West Texas" is. (San Angelo? That's pretty close to the geometric centriod!!)

Ride, Sleep, Work

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Poncharelli

Just a thought. I live in Amarillo, & have lived in the panhandle here for 32 yrs. The series has been named the "West TX Series" for as long as I can remember. I think it is odd that Dallas has the "North TX Series" as long as we are pointing out amusing names.

You are welcome to race with us though.
    Click to save 15% off your 1st Hammer nutrition order
    http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/50110

Members who have read this thread: 0