Water bottle caddy- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Water bottle caddy

Moving up to Cat 1 this season, and I don't want to use a camelback.(don't want the extra weight on my back) I see alot of guys using what looks like a ski pole with a few water bottle cages mounted on course side. Anyone know of a good one. I can't seem to find anything online using google. Thanks

mtbr member
    I have seen these at a local home show pretty cheap.
    http://www.skips-garage.com/Yard_Pon...Pong_s/218.htm

There was one I saw online someplace, but I cant find it again. Specifically made for holding water bottles for racers. It was more expensive.
    Last edited by jonw9; 03-23-2011 at 06:31 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jonw9

There was one I saw online someplace, but I cant find it again. Specifically made for hodling water bottles for ravers. It was more expensive.

Thanks for the link. That might just work. Cheaper as well. The ones I have seen is one unit with multiple holders. But, I'm sure they are more money. I guess I could always make one as well.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Saw a guy at a race last year with a custom made bottle feeder. I'm going to try and make one this year as well.

It appeared to be 3 feet of 4" diameter PVC pipe mounted to a 2x2" sharpened stake. The total height was probably 7'. He cut out about 6" of the one side of the lower PVC, so the PVC would still cradle the bottle. Had some sort of stop at the bottom as well. If you can picture a PVC pipe on the side of the trail loaded with 3 bottles. He could ride by and grab the bottom bottle and the others would then slide down and ready. You might be able to add ice to the top to keep the bottles cool on a warm day.

I think he was from Minnesota. Anyone else see something similar?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    ESI "Hand Off"

Seems expensive, but I guess if you're willing to drop the coin for that "every second counts" attitude, this seems well made... Know any welders? This appears to be fairly simple to replicate.

http://www.extremesteering.com/HandOff.htm

AZ
    banned
    Tiki torches, you know those bamboo torch holders you put around a patio. Home improvement stores usually have them in the patio dept.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Or, how about just using a small folding table? Could use some dowling or screws from below to make a short cradle and help the bottles from tipping over...

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...te-white/48945

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LilGasPasser
    ESI "Hand Off"

Seems expensive, but I guess if you're willing to drop the coin for that "every second counts" attitude, this seems well made... Know any welders? This appears to be fairly simple to replicate.

http://www.extremesteering.com/HandOff.htm
    That is the one I saw. I just couldn't remember it.

mnoutain bkie rdier
    I could totally see another rider taking your water out here in San Diego... they will even take it from your hands if you are doing feed for another rider..

Maybe ESI could come out with a "Handz Off" model that shocks others who steal your water...

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rydbyk
    I could totally see another rider taking your water out here in San Diego...
    Really?! That's a shame. I'm on the East Coast, and I don't really see that as a concern. I thought you were supposed to be laid back out there, and WE were the "edgy" coast!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    make a friend or bring the gf/ wife/ significant other.

mnoutain bkie rdier
    Quote Originally Posted by LilGasPasser
    Really?! That's a shame. I'm on the East Coast, and I don't really see that as a concern. I thought you were supposed to be laid back out there, and WE were the "edgy" coast!

Maybe it is a "desperation overriding common sense" sort of thing..

go vegan!
    Sep 2010
    I would check out your local garden supply store or check out getting one of those small tables.
    ive also seen someone take the top off a bar stool and just put a piece of wood on it.
    or you could also use one of those fold up tv trays.

Quote Originally Posted by jonw9

There was one I saw online someplace, but I cant find it again. Specifically made for hodling water bottles for ravers. It was more expensive.
    "holding water bottles for ravers" bwahahahahahahahaha

do they even exist anymore!?

mtbr member
    1 PVC. Pound into the ground. Screwed four cages too it. All under $15. Works perfect.

Members who have read this thread: 0