good base, good build equals low heart rate?- Mtbr.com
    Brant-C.

good base, good build equals low heart rate?

well gang, as i posted in the past, i got a very good base in this year. i followed that with a good rest period and then a good base period using friel's book.

my heart rate was in the 70's during spring and early summer. haven't worn my heart rate monitor for a couple of months...just was bummed to look at it due to high resting heart rate in the 70's and had accepted my mediocre genetics.

this morning i decided to see what my HR was and it read 45! it's been in the low 40's.

so i'm guessing the training i put in has produced these results and i'm peaking?

the race i've been training for as an A race is this sunday so i guess i did something right.
    I just like riding my mountain bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Lower resting heart rate is good... you've improved your cardiovascular system. Good luck on Sunday.

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    It is great that your HR has come down but IMHO the drop is too dramatic to be explained by training alone. I bet that early in the year you had a pretty good training load (maybe too much of a load) that had your resting HR elevated.
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

Members who have read this thread: 0