Canyon Exceed- Mtbr.com

Thread: Canyon Exceed

mtbr member

Canyon Exceed

Hi - hoping someone can tell me what type of press fit BB this frame takes? I can't get an answer from Canyon. Website simply says "Shimano press fit". Thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    My god I want that bike so badly, shame for the ultra long delivery times, it's already mid May at this moment

Still if i compaire the specs to the previous version of last year, you would get a 9.3kg bike for 500 less. Also on the EXCEED CF SLX 9.9 RACE you have an AL handle bar.. why not a carbon one, still awesome bike.

J-Flo
    Apr 2012
    I have no idea what Canyon uses, but "Shimano Press Fit" means the BB has a 24mm shaft opening and the bearings are spaced for Shimano cranks as opposed to GXP. So, it could be a BB92, or a more standard size.

There has to be information about this on the net in Europe, although it might not be in English. And is it wise to buy a bike where the manufacturer won't answer such a basic question?

mtbr member
    Thanks for that info. I hear what you're saying about lack of response, and it's not ideal, but Canyon does have an excellent reputation for quality frames, so it's not a deal breaker for me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    A lot of people do have problem with Canyon since several month's ago, no delivery, bikes that are already order gets cancelled and looooong waiting times.

That combined with lead time of 3-6M of replacement frames or parts if you need to use your warranty(and looking around the net, thats common you need) is an alarming situation if you are going to use them as your race bike.

I would think twice for a race bike. For a fun bike you could be without a summer or a race season then it might be a good option.

Just my input after I first recommend them to friends but seen how they have got strike by the Canyon.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I also heard lots of talk about poor customer support, but their still super price/quality, exceed is only expected to be released in may..