Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2019 World Cup XC

144K views 2K replies 170 participants last post by  TDLover 
#1 · (Edited)
I thought I'd start a new thread to kick off the new season. Given that most of the racers have just begun training for the 2019 season, one could say it's officially underway.

I have many questions. There are so many interesting narratives.

So, is 2019 the year we see Nino regularly beaten, is Gerhard Kerschbaumer the man to do it?
Does Emily finally take a win, or is her new teammate going to steal the show again?
What about Yana Belomoyna, can she overcome her injuries and compete for the overall again?
Will the UCI do anything to improve the short track?
Will Red Bull finally get their act together and gives us live on bike footage during the race? It's about to be 2019, the camera tech is definitely available and no longer expensive. Imagine how much a front and back facing camera would enhance the show...

Discuss.

World Cup schedule

27. - 28. April: Maribor (Slovenia) DHI
17. - 19. Mai: Albstadt (Germany) XCO/XCC
24. - 26. Mai: Nove Mesto (Czech Republic) XCO/XCC
01. - 02. June: Fort William (Scotland) DHI
08. - 09. June: Leogang (Austria) DHI
05. - 07. Juli: Vallnord (Andorra) XCO/XCC/DHI
12. - 14. Juli: Les Gets (France) XCO/DHI
02. - 04. Aug: Val di Sole (Italia) XCO/XCC/DHI
09. - 11. Aug: Lenzerheide (Switzerland) XCO/XCC/DHI
06. - 08. Sept: Snowshoe (USA) XCO/XCC/DHI

See less See more
#445 ·
WTF....

"Maxime Marotte, mountain biker of the Cannondale Factory Racing, has shared a photo in his social networks after an unpleasant event that he lived last April 2nd.

While he was training on the road, a car approached him and one of the people inside began to shoot Marotte .

Fortunately, we are talking about a compressed air gun and not a gun. The result is several wounds on the back and one on the elbow , like the one that can be seen in the photo shared by the cyclist himself.

A detestable fact and that should have been a good scare to Marotte, who would have enough to worry that no car was off track. Although, following this, Marotte "jokes" in his tweet saying that at least respected the safety distance ."

#462 ·
The power files I see out of the Sea Otter race are absolutely insane. The normalized power for one of the top finishers in the mens race was 400!!! And that is for a 70kg rider.

#470 ·
LMN... reading the Trek 2020 MY thread and the speculation around the new XC bike... on the WC circuit is there a place for a modernized “soft tail” given how the courses are designed nowadays?

I know Trek has got to be investing more into the XC side after picking up Neff and Batty knocking at the door, but didn’t see a soft tail coming given the increasing technicality.

#471 ·
LMN... reading the Trek 2020 MY thread and the speculation around the new XC bike... on the WC circuit is there a place for a modernized "soft tail" given how the courses are designed nowadays?

I know Trek has got to be investing more into the XC side after picking up Neff and Batty knocking at the door, but didn't see a soft tail coming given the increasing technicality.
I don't see a need for a softtail. If you look at the Trek Pro-caliber the frame is 1500 grams!!! An Oiz or a Spark is 1800 grams.

#477 ·
This weekend marks the start of the MTB season.

Mid-april is when all the European series start going and you get to view on how people have wintered. I suspect that we will be seeing some people come into the season pretty slow. This year most of the big races are in July and August. Someone could be absolutely terrible right now and have a killer season.

Still, it is interesting to see who is going well.

#480 ·
I was watching the race and thought he was going to be outfoxed by those roadies...Bling had no gas, Wellens is not known to be a sprinter and JA had the best chance...and nope...not even close!!! I wonder what his power numbers look like in a race like today!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#484 ·
MvdP just chased down Alaphilippe, Kwiato and Fuglsang. Pulled the chasing group for the last 2km+. They were 55s back at 7.5km to go, and it was pretty darn flat.

Then sprinted from the front. And aside from Clarke on his wheel, won handily.

I've never seen anything like that before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.