2019 World Cup XC - Page 5- Mtbr.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by khardrunner14 View Post
    Agreed on that testing part as well. I am pumped to see if the Supercaliber is legit and what they do with a Top Fuel update. Would love a Top Fuel that is 120/120 and a bit slacker. If the Supercaliber is real then there is room for that Top Fuel.
    A great update would be a bike where the carbon could stay in one piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by FJSnoozer View Post
    A great update would be a bike where the carbon could stay in one piece.

What do you mean by this, have you been unfortunate with carbon?

mtbr member
    Mar 2015

2019 World Cup XC

Quote Originally Posted by TDLover View Post
    What do you mean by this, have you been unfortunate with carbon?
    Love my Trek, but I have suffered from multiple layup failures in the first year of ownership. 2 wheels, one seat stay and now one chainstay on my second frame.

I was warned, by a local Pro, whose wife (also open/pro rider) has gone through the same issues.

I love the bike though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikzz View Post
    If somebody is going to constantly battle Nino, it will be MDVP , others will shine here and there, but doesn't see nobody else battling for overall.
    I don't recall MVDP putting Nino under any serious threat last year on the full course. Maybe short track. I'm excited to see what Kerschbaumer will bring.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by winters.benjamin View Post
    I don't recall MVDP putting Nino under any serious threat last year on the full course. Maybe short track. I'm excited to see what Kerschbaumer will bring.
    MvdP spreads himself too thin by racing 12 months out of the year. He will never be the best XCO racer that he could be because he's also concentrating on CX and Road Racing. Whereas Nino concentrates on being ready for the XCO World Cups year round.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Things got interesting, suddenly 1 min is doable for the remaining stages. It will be a close battle though.
    Not that interesting anymore, at least based on current result which looks pretty weird for me... all time gaps are exactly on 1min. But based on splits (last one on km 88.5) Schuter and Forster had about 6:20 advantage on Fumic/Avancini, so in finish they should be in lead for some 5min.
    Primoz

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by primoz View Post
    Not that interesting anymore, at least based on current result which looks pretty weird for me... all time gaps are exactly on 1min. But based on splits (last one on km 88.5) Schuter and Forster had about 6:20 advantage on Fumic/Avancini, so in finish they should be in lead for some 5min.
    Not sure what you are implying, but at first hydration point jersey leaders were already 3 minutes behind race leaders.

It still not over though, with 5 minutes they definitely have the upper hand, but any issue comes up and it might not be enough to cover it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Love my Trek, but I have suffered from multiple layup failures in the first year of ownership. 2 wheels, one seat stay and now one chainstay on my second frame.

I was warned, by a local Pro, whose wife (also open/pro rider) has gone through the same issues.

I love the bike though.

Yikes, that seems like poor poor manufacturing quality.

Was that on a top fuel?

I personally don't trust carbon wheels, carbon bars or carbon stems, but frames can be strong as hell. However, it seems everyone has dropped their carbon quality, around 10-15 years ago carbon frames were very strong and extremely durable. Now, failures are not uncommon even in premium brands.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Yikes, that seems like poor poor manufacturing quality.

Was that on a top fuel?

I personally don't trust carbon wheels, carbon bars or carbon stems, but frames can be strong as hell. However, it seems everyone has dropped their carbon quality, around 10-15 years ago carbon frames were very strong and extremely durable. Now, failures are not uncommon even in premium brands.
    First off my Giant advanced frame was unbelievably reliable. Also my Carbon Light bike have been put through the ringer and are fantastic.

My last 13 months:

First wheel cracked at the spoke (May have been factory over tension). Discovered by my builder when they laced in an i9 hub to replace the bontrager garbage hub.

Replacement rim had a bubble on the lip that caved in and sliced a tire. Seems to be holding up despite this defect. I thought about putting epoxy to fill the slight imperfection but haven’t yet.

Top fuel 9.8 cracked on seat tube behind size sticker when almost new. Took me months to find the source of the noise. It was non impact related.

They gave me a Warranty 9.9 frame which has a carbon Chainstay and super thin clear paint. (Saved 250 grams) Chainstay had a non impact related failure from poor layup. They are refusing warranty and I had to pay 420+ shipping and tax and install for a new Chainstay that Doesn’t even match my frame because they couldn’t get that color for 4 months!

My Chainstay is now wrapped in 20 grams of bar tape to protect it from any possible rock strike just in case.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by khardrunner14 View Post
    Agreed on that testing part as well. I am pumped to see if the Supercaliber is legit and what they do with a Top Fuel update. Would love a Top Fuel that is 120/120 and a bit slacker. If the Supercaliber is real then there is room for that Top Fuel.
    called it, that thread got axed. So that’s good news that the SuperCal is truly in the pipeline. Was mentioned that Jolanda had posted on Instagram she was on a #secretmission doing some testing.

Saw this today from her and IFHT with the mountain bike conveniently obscured.

Rides all the bikes!
    Another win for Kate yesterday in SoCal. Her last lap was her fastest with Erin Huck 15 seconds behind her, so I am guessing she had to work for it. Super fast and flowing course.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonerider View Post
    MvdP spreads himself too thin by racing 12 months out of the year. He will never be the best XCO racer that he could be because he's also concentrating on CX and Road Racing. Whereas Nino concentrates on being ready for the XCO World Cups year round.
    He does, but let's just appreciate it, as it is truly special.

mtbr member
    Jan 2018

2019 World Cup XC

Cross Country, Cyclocross or Road, men or women, they are all fun to watch.
    Next race?
    Last edited by j102; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:28 PM.

banned
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by zgxtreme View Post
    called it, that thread got axed. So that’s good news that the SuperCal is truly in the pipeline. Was mentioned that Jolanda had posted on Instagram she was on a #secretmission doing some testing.

Saw this today from her and IFHT with the mountain bike conveniently obscured.

Rode with her today in NC. How much would someone pay for a picture of the bike she was on?haha

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneDetroitCity View Post
    Rode with her today in NC. How much would someone pay for a picture of the bike she was on?haha
    Awesome! What was it like, riding with her?

I'm a huge fan of Jolanda, especially because of her technical skills. She shreds hard!

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Formerly of Kent
    Jolanda Neff? In NC?

Odd.

Death from Below.

banned
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    Jolanda Neff? In NC?

Odd.

She lives here lol. So it's not odd. Her boyfriend is Luca Shaw. She has been here a lot this off season. She just came here from a road race in Europe this past weekend.

banned
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzo7 View Post
    Awesome! What was it like, riding with her?

I'm a huge fan of Jolanda, especially because of her technical skills. She shreds hard!

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
    It was like riding a bike. She is a normal person, riding her bike. I was just messing around about the photo of her bike lol. It was a basic Trek fancy road bike.

Up In Smoke
    She lives here lol. So it's not odd. Her boyfriend is Luca Shaw. She has been here a lot this off season. She just came here from a road race in Europe this past weekend.
    But weren’t you in Ohio?

banned
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    But weren’t you in Ohio?
    Only in your mind. Unless Etowah is in Ohio.

Up In Smoke
    Only in your mind. Unless Etowah is in Ohio.
    Come on KK, you don’t have to lie to kick it

Rides all the bikes!
    I thought lane was in Arizona

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewalk View Post
    I thought lane was in Arizona
    Lane is not a person but a metaphysical conundrum. He is everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

Up In Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by euro-trash View Post
    Lane is not a person but a metaphysical conundrum. He is everywhere and nowhere at the same time.
    I know he likes to eat pizza off the floorboard of his car, that could have something to do with all this...

banned
    Nov 2015
    I know he likes to eat pizza off the floorboard of his car, that could have something to do with all this...
    You guys are clearly confused who I am. My name is Lane Myers, and i dont eat pizza, live in Arizona during the summer, or Ohio in the winter. I live in Brevard. So does Luca Shaw and Jolanda Neff, big deal. I was mostly trying to make a joke about them wanting to see the bike Jolanda was on then showing them a picture of her on her road bike. Imagine this. A world cup dh racer, a world cup xc racer, a top US pro DH racer, the NUE champion, and top US pros all live in Brevard and ride bikes together lol. I know its hard to imagine normal people being normal people.

Your comment about the pizza lets me know you have absolutely no clue who i am. My van doesnt even have floorboards. I cut them out with a grinder cause they were rusted through and screwed some sheetmetal down lol.

Im in the process of starting a youtube channel and all that. Then you can see things for what they are not what you imagine.

mtbr member
    Wake me when this thread is actually about WC XC.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I can't wait for this youtube channel...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    It was like riding a bike. She is a normal person, riding her bike. I was just messing around about the photo of her bike lol. It was a basic Trek fancy road bike.
    And you were on a fatbike dropping her on every climb right? We all know the routine.
    Last edited by MessagefromTate; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MessagefromTate View Post
    I can't wait for this youtube channel...
    Just watch Jackass, basically the same thing.
    Or Beavis n Butthead, or Dumb n Dumber....

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    First off my Giant advanced frame was unbelievably reliable. Also my Carbon Light bike have been put through the ringer and are fantastic.

My last 13 months:

First wheel cracked at the spoke (May have been factory over tension). Discovered by my builder when they laced in an i9 hub to replace the bontrager garbage hub.

Replacement rim had a bubble on the lip that caved in and sliced a tire. Seems to be holding up despite this defect. I thought about putting epoxy to fill the slight imperfection but haven’t yet.

Top fuel 9.8 cracked on seat tube behind size sticker when almost new. Took me months to find the source of the noise. It was non impact related.

They gave me a Warranty 9.9 frame which has a carbon Chainstay and super thin clear paint. (Saved 250 grams) Chainstay had a non impact related failure from poor layup. They are refusing warranty and I had to pay 420+ shipping and tax and install for a new Chainstay that Doesn’t even match my frame because they couldn’t get that color for 4 months!

My Chainstay is now wrapped in 20 grams of bar tape to protect it from any possible rock strike just in case.

I'm just hoping my next Top Fuel frame failure is after the new bike launches.
    -DC, just some XC Bum in Sfla...

chasing simplicity
    Jolanda Neff? In NC?

Odd.

Never underestimate an old man with a mountain bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    You guys are clearly confused who I am. My name is Lane Myers, and i dont eat pizza, live in Arizona during the summer, or Ohio in the winter. I live in Brevard. So does Luca Shaw and Jolanda Neff, big deal. I was mostly trying to make a joke about them wanting to see the bike Jolanda was on then showing them a picture of her on her road bike. Imagine this. A world cup dh racer, a world cup xc racer, a top US pro DH racer, the NUE champion, and top US pros all live in Brevard and ride bikes together lol. I know its hard to imagine normal people being normal people.

Your comment about the pizza lets me know you have absolutely no clue who i am. My van doesnt even have floorboards. I cut them out with a grinder cause they were rusted through and screwed some sheetmetal down lol.

Im in the process of starting a youtube channel and all that. Then you can see things for what they are not what you imagine.
    THE Lane Meyers that skied down k12 on one ski?
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088794/

mtbr member
    Sorry I’m newer to this forum, can someone please open a separate thread and explain the history and phenomenon that is “LaneDetroitCity”? Being a local from the Detroit suburbs myself, I hate to see the good reputation and name of Detroit being sullied.
    2018 Scott Spark RC 900 World Cup | “If you’re not first you’re last”

banned
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMay View Post
    Damn, imagine that.

banned
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by MI-XC View Post
    Sorry I’m newer to this forum, can someone please open a separate thread and explain the history and phenomenon that is “LaneDetroitCity”? Being a local from the Detroit suburbs myself, I hate to see the good reputation and name of Detroit being sullied.
    Suburbs? You know what we call the people from the suburbs who claim to be from Detroit right?

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    I see no USA Cycling results for Lane Meyers.

You coming to Marathon Nationals?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MI-XC View Post
    He's been banned from here numerous times, that pretty much sums him up. Oh and he dropped Catherine Pendrel at a trail named Pontiac Lake in metro Detroit. That was one claim I remember.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Suburbs? You know what we call the people from the suburbs who claim to be from Detroit right?
    off topic but i've got to know: what do they call them? jive turkeys, rat bastards, what?

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by joeduda View Post
    off topic but i've got to know: what do they call them? jive turkeys, rat bastards, what?
    Lucky, I think. They made it out.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by winters.benjamin View Post
    Lucky, I think. They made it out.

banned
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by MessagefromTate View Post
    He's been banned from here numerous times, that pretty much sums him up. Oh and he dropped Catherine Pendrel at a trail named Pontiac Lake in metro Detroit. That was one claim I remember.
    Please show a multiple world champion more respect.

banned
    Nov 2015
    I see no USA Cycling results for Lane Meyers.

You coming to Marathon Nationals?

Myers. Definitely.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Jolanda Neff doing a little downhill race: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/joland...round-2-1.html

Always pushing harder!!!
    ...and The Wonder Kid just won a WorldTour Cobbled Classic (Dwars door Vlaanderen)

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    WTF....

"Maxime Marotte, mountain biker of the Cannondale Factory Racing, has shared a photo in his social networks after an unpleasant event that he lived last April 2nd.

While he was training on the road, a car approached him and one of the people inside began to shoot Marotte .

Fortunately, we are talking about a compressed air gun and not a gun. The result is several wounds on the back and one on the elbow , like the one that can be seen in the photo shared by the cyclist himself.

A detestable fact and that should have been a good scare to Marotte, who would have enough to worry that no car was off track. Although, following this, Marotte "jokes" in his tweet saying that at least respected the safety distance ."

Up In Smoke
    Its pretty disturbing the things that people do, I hope he grabbed a license plate number.

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by carlostruco View Post
    ...and The Wonder Kid just won a WorldTour Cobbled Classic (Dwars door Vlaanderen)
    And what a win. He made seasoned pro's look like second tier riders.
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

Always pushing harder!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LMN View Post
    And what a win. He made seasoned pro's look like second tier riders.
    He ws the one who forced the selection and put on the monster pulls...and still had the power for the sprint!!! Imagine if he were only a few kilos lighter for the WC races...

Formerly of Kent
    I do this on my MTB but I've never, ever considered doing it on my road bike, let alone a group ride, much less a (almost WT) race:

https://twitter.com/sporza/status/11...540552/video/1
    Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Anyone know if there is going to be any streaming of the Pan American Championships tomorrow?

Always pushing harder!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbikemad View Post
    Anyone know if there is going to be any streaming of the Pan American Championships tomorrow?
    There’s a Facebook page doing live feeds. It’s called Play Sports Mexico.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    any news of Jenny Rissveds? she is a new Specialized supported athlete from this year

Sneaker man
    oh Van der Poel, don't go waving for the team car when your in the middle of trying to save it!
    All the gear and no idea.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mik_git View Post
    oh Van der Poel, don't go waving for the team car when your in the middle of trying to save it!
    Obviously not sure, but seemed to me he had a broken handlebar or stem and was doing that for balance. He would have otherwise already stopped.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    EF! Makes me happy to see those guys win every once in a while.

rider
    May 2016
    Anton Cooper just took the Continental Championships XCO a few minutes ago. Not the strongest field, nonetheless this man is one of only a handful who seem to have a chance of defeating el Nino.

rider
    May 2016
    Anyone know if Sea Otter is streaming live or delayed? thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by madfella View Post
    Anton Cooper just took the Continental Championships XCO a few minutes ago. Not the strongest field, nonetheless this man is one of only a handful who seem to have a chance of defeating el Nino.
    Really hoping to see him achieve that next level performance this year. He seems like a hard worker and fighter with a really good attitude.

Armature speller
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by madfella View Post
    Oceania Championships XCO.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Check out the CXHAIRS YouTube channel. He has been shooting video of the U.S. Cup races and putting together video summaries. And he said on Twitter that he would be at Sea Otter, too, but there would be no live streaming.

mtbr member
    2019 Sea Otter Results; Pro Women

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    The power files I see out of the Sea Otter race are absolutely insane. The normalized power for one of the top finishers in the mens race was 400!!! And that is for a 70kg rider.
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

mtbr member
    2019 Sea Otter Results; Pro Men

Up In Smoke
    Sick to see Geoff Kabush still doing top 10 rides. Sundays race should be a good one.

rider
    May 2016
    The power files I see out of the Sea Otter race are absolutely insane. The normalized power for one of the top finishers in the mens race was 400!!! And that is for a 70kg rider.
    Truly unreal. And these guys are not even the worlds best.

rider
    May 2016
    Sick to see Geoff Kabush still doing top 10 rides. Sundays race should be a good one.
    Impressive indeed. Hope springs eternal for all the 40+ ers

rider
    May 2016
    Blevins is the real deal. I know it seems like a long shot, but I wouldn't bee too surprised to see him medal if he gets to Tokyo.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    2019 Sea Otter Results; Pro Women

Good to see Rose Grant back at it....and kudos to Catharine for a top-5! Probably too early to be speculating about WC XCO form, but am a little surprised that Batty is so far down. Anyone know if she had a mechanical?

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Batty mentioned being sick in a recent IG post/story.

Sent from my ASUS_A006 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    LMN... reading the Trek 2020 MY thread and the speculation around the new XC bike... on the WC circuit is there a place for a modernized “soft tail” given how the courses are designed nowadays?

I know Trek has got to be investing more into the XC side after picking up Neff and Batty knocking at the door, but didn’t see a soft tail coming given the increasing technicality.

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    LMN... reading the Trek 2020 MY thread and the speculation around the new XC bike... on the WC circuit is there a place for a modernized “soft tail” given how the courses are designed nowadays?

I know Trek has got to be investing more into the XC side after picking up Neff and Batty knocking at the door, but didn’t see a soft tail coming given the increasing technicality.
    I don't see a need for a softtail. If you look at the Trek Pro-caliber the frame is 1500 grams!!! An Oiz or a Spark is 1800 grams.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I don't see a need for a softtail. If you look at the Trek Pro-caliber the frame is 1500 grams!!! An Oiz or a Spark is 1800 grams.
    The Procaliber frame weight combined with the price points being $500 within a Top Fuel for every spec level is a tough sell. Hope Trek resolves the hardtail issue as well as their revised full squish bikes.
    -DC, just some XC Bum in Sfla...

mtbr member
    Thanks, I was thinking the same but was curious maybe I was missing something.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    BMC has a softtail, but I would assume most of the sponsored riders choose the new BMC fully this year.

The softtail rides really nice though (my brother rides one), rooty tracks are almost as fun as on a full suspension.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by euro-trash View Post
    Obviously not sure, but seemed to me he had a broken handlebar or stem and was doing that for balance. He would have otherwise already stopped.
    Just watched Flanders with a week delay. What a race. His wheel broke when bunny hopping over road furniture and fully collapsed when he raised his arm after.

What is interesting is that even with this full spring classics winning potential, he is still not backing off 2020 XCO Olympics as goal, and won't race road after Amstel Gold next week, again going full XC season.

He did tell Sporza that the atmosphere on the Kwaremont was beyond what he ever experienced, and that he will return to the race, in hopes to win it.

He may burn out in this vicious CX-Road-XC triangle, let's hope not, and enjoy it while it lasts, this kind of versatility is not seen that often these days.

Rides all the bikes!
    Looks like Annika Langvad and Simon Andreason won Sea Otter today. I was happily not in last place (barely) and didn't get passed by any women

Not techy, but a fun course!

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    This weekend marks the start of the MTB season.

Mid-april is when all the European series start going and you get to view on how people have wintered. I suspect that we will be seeing some people come into the season pretty slow. This year most of the big races are in July and August. Someone could be absolutely terrible right now and have a killer season.

Still, it is interesting to see who is going well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    And of course: it‘s a special season because of Tokyo. Here in Germany it doesn‘t matter if you score your results in the beginning or the end of the season. Selection for the olympic squad is only based on results. Pick your races wisely

Formerly of Kent
    MvdP blew the doors off of Julian Alaphilippe, Tim Wellens and Michael Matthews at Brabantse Pijl today.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/de-...-2019/results/
    Death from Below.

Always pushing harder!!!
    MvdP blew the doors off of Julian Alaphilippe, Tim Wellens and Michael Matthews at Brabantse Pijl today.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/de-...-2019/results/
    I was watching the race and thought he was going to be outfoxed by those roadies...Bling had no gas, Wellens is not known to be a sprinter and JA had the best chance...and nope...not even close!!! I wonder what his power numbers look like in a race like today!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2016

De Brabantse Pijl 2019: Results | Cyclingnews.com
    Super impressive, not only strong but he must be pretty confident as well to launch a sprint from the front against Alaphilippe and Matthews. Really looking forward to the mtb races now!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345