2019 World Cup XC - Page 4- Mtbr.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Seems like Kulhavy will race cape epic with Sam Gaze instead of Howard Grotts this year https://www.instagram.com/p/BuojndWl...=1g00fxj4b152r

Up In Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by Skier78 View Post
    Seems like Kulhavy will race cape epic with Sam Gaze instead of Howard Grotts this year
    Sam is a strong rider, one of few people to have beaten Schurter. Plus he's competitive and passionate. I like his style, I'd be betting on them for the win.

Armature speller
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    Sam is a strong rider, one of few people to have beaten Schurter. Plus he's competitive and passionate. I like his style, I'd be betting on them for the win.
    If they're both on form, no-one will be able to touch them.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    If they're both on form, no-one will be able to touch them.
    At least in the cyprus cup Kulhavy did not look very good, but he usually is good at targeting a specific event. I think Avancini/Fumic will win it this year.

I`m hoping that Lakata/Platt can do a good race this year, mainly because I am impressed by their ability to
    stay competitive despite being almost as old as me

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    At least in the cyprus cup Kulhavy did not look very good, but he usually is good at targeting a specific event. I think Avancini/Fumic will win it this year.

I`m hoping that Lakata/Platt can do a good race this year, mainly because I am impressed by their ability to
    stay competitive despite being almost as old as me
    Isn't Nino racing Cape Epic? I wouldn't count him out. I believe his teammate, Junior, will be stronger than many people think and certainly stronger than Nino's last Cape Epic teammate. Nino had to drop out last year when his teammate got sick but he won the year before. It's yet to be seen how Sam Gaze recovers day after day in a stage race and Kulhavy is past his peak years.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Nino is definitely strong enough to win but I believe his teammate will need a couple of more years of racing to win. Experience seems to make a big difference in stage racing.

That is why I believe Lakata/Platt have a chance of winning. I read that Platt has started cape epic 14 times, and won four of them...

Up In Smoke
    Nino is definitely strong enough to win but I believe his teammate will need a couple of more years of racing to win. Experience seems to make a big difference in stage racing.
    Considering who Schurters partner is (Andri Frischknecht) I'm more than confident in his experience and abilities, paired with Nino I believe they're definitely a threat to Kulhavy with or without Grotts.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Besides watching the UCI World cup events on Reb Bull, are there any other places to watch these riders / races?

Up In Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by spleeft View Post
    Besides watching the UCI World cup events on Reb Bull, are there any other places to watch these riders / races?
    Good question, I'm not familiar with any other sources but very grateful for redbull tv.

I suppose there could be a stream in reddit but I can't imagine anything is better than what redbull offers.

Locally I have the 'Olympic' channel and they broadcast road and cyclocross events but I don't recall seeing any MTB other than past Olympic races.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by spleeft View Post
    Last year the Cape Epic was streamed online. I hope it will be this year also.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Interesting that Nino is teamed with Andri, not Lars Forster

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I guess the two stage wins of Andri in 2017 vs no experience for Lars Forster is a huge argument in favor of Frischi Jr.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Nino and Kate should make a coed team. Lol

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by exodus1500 View Post
    Nino and Kate should make a coed team. Lol
    Such team would only make sense if Nino was already retired. So maybe in a few years.

Always pushing harder!!!
    ...and all of the sudden, Julien Absalon is going for e-MTB World Universes Planetary System Championship...(per Instagram)

What the hell is happening? Please somebody tell me this is a nightmare...

Up In Smoke
    Why not? He already holds just about every other championship title, can't blame him for going after another.

mtbr member
    Why not? He already holds just about every other championship title, can't blame him for going after another.
    Yes but he earned those and conquered the challenges to do so. You’d think adding a motor would insult the effort these guys have put in for years.

Up In Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by zgxtreme View Post
    Yes but he earned those and conquered the challenges to do so. You’d think adding a motor would insult the effort these guys have put in for years.
    I see no shame in it. It’s a level playing field, correct? Technically it is a mountain bike even though so many here refuse to admit it. I think it’s cool that he didn’t just retire and fall off the face of the earth.

Up In Smoke
    But I do agree the e-bike racing is a bit gimmicky, I’d like to see the race be about more than fitness

ccm
    aka Taprider
    technically and literally it's a motorbike

Up In Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by ccm View Post
    technically and literally it's a motorbike
    Thanks for point that out captain...

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Last minute change - still going to be Nino / Forster

https://scott-sram.com/schurter-fors...-at-cape-epic/

Up In Smoke
    That's a bummer for Andri, I like seeing the 2x on Nino's bike, looking forward to when that trend picks back up again.

Formerly of Kent
    That's a bummer for Andri, I like seeing the 2x on Nino's bike, looking forward to when that trend picks back up again.
    That’s very clearly a 1x12 Eagle AXS drivetrain...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

2019 World Cup XC

Disregard

Up In Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    That’s very clearly a 1x12 Eagle AXS drivetrain...
    I must be loosing my mind...or vision

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonerider View Post
    Last year the Cape Epic was streamed online. I hope it will be this year also.
    Yes, me too. It’s a great event.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I see no shame in it. It’s a level playing field, correct? Technically it is a mountain bike even though so many here refuse to admit it. I think it’s cool that he didn’t just retire and fall off the face of the earth.
    According to the dictionary you are wrong. Motor: a machine, especially one powered by electricity or internal combustion, that supplies motive power for a vehicle or for some other device with moving parts.

I'm pretty sure the e-bike is powered by an electrical "motor" so it is a motorbike.

Formerly of Kent
    According to the dictionary you are wrong. Motor: a machine, especially one powered by electricity or internal combustion, that supplies motive power for a vehicle or for some other device with moving parts.

I'm pretty sure the e-bike is powered by an electrical "motor" so it is a motorbike.
    I think he’s referring to the fact that he’d be racing against other people on motorized vehicles, too...

Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    I think he’s referring to the fact that he’d be racing against other people on motorized vehicles, too...

Yeah, seeing the same thing. IMO, E-Bike racing could be fun as long as the course design reflects the vehicle. XC down a downhill course wouldn’t be great, DH around an XC course wouldn’t be great, etc.

It definitely will change the landscape of riders that perform well, probably placing an even larger premium on riders who can handle a bike well.

Rides all the bikes!
    You know folks, if you don't like eBike racing, you can just go hog wild and not watch it, right? I know it's a crazy idea, but you can do it!

Up In Smoke
    According to the dictionary you are wrong..
    Why are you jumping on my back? When did I ever say it doesn't have a motor? Its a mountain bike with a motor, I understand that. I'm not denying that its a mountain bike that also has a motor. Are we clear on this yet?

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewalk View Post
    You know folks, if you don't like eBike racing, you can just go hog wild and not watch it, right? I know it's a crazy idea, but you can do it!
    If we are being honest, everyone is a little E-curious.

How about a 30 degree pitch climb. Hell, let’s have them ride up the ski jump ramp each lap.

Rides all the bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by FJSnoozer View Post
    If we are being honest, everyone is a little E-curious.

How about a 30 degree pitch climb. Hell, let’s have them ride up the ski jump ramp each lap.
    I think anything that sucks up extra amp hours is a good thing. If the battery can't last the length of the race, then it still relies on the rider, just faster. Use up all that power going up the ski jump, then still have more climbs too!

Armature speller
    Sep 2004
    Instead of 400w, you're going to have 650-700w at your disposal.
    You're going to be pedalling just as hard because - race.
    Heavier bike, limited Wh.

If I couldn't climb anymore or started wearing plaid, I might be tempted to get one.

I'm really interested in what a full-on XC e-bike will look like in a years time.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Absa Cape Epic is being streamed live on YouTube now. The women are currently racing the Prologue.

rider
    May 2016
    Fairly predictable winners of the 2 Prologues. Can they hold it for the next week?

mtbr member
    I hope Annika and Anna can! I'm a fan of the Specialized Factory Team.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

rider
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzo7 View Post
    I hope Annika and Anna can! I'm a fan of the Specialized Factory Team.

Gaze and Kulhavy lost a bit of time today, but I don't think they'll be too worried.

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Absa Cape Epic is being streamed live on YouTube now. The women are currently racing the Prologue.
    Thanks. I was able to catch today’s stage thanks to your post.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by madfella View Post
    Gaze and Kulhavy lost a bit of time today, but I don't think they'll be too worried.
    Agreed! It's not a big time difference when there are still so many stages to go

Armature speller
    Sep 2004
    Nino, Lars, Sam, Jaro all together at the front.
    Although Nino has just had a minor mechanical...

Armature speller
    Sep 2004
    OTB for Sam, loose cleat for Jaro.
    1min to make up...

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Nino and Lars are great team and awesome stage win today

And really stupid comments from Avancini for Nino...

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    At the final of the Prologue, Avancini already threw some shade on Nino calling him “individualist” out of the blue...

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    After stage 1 comment from Avancini : “To be honest, it would be nice to have some microphones on the bikes. And then people could see who is the real Nino. I’m going to try to show it little by little,”
    “I mean, he just gives shit to every rider, in the peloton you know. Nobody knows this side of him and I really hate that. I’m a guy who has worked quite hard to get on this level, to get on this point of a professional career, and he’s giving shit to every rider that scares him or is just around him. He likes to be the big boss and he’s the best rider. But as I said, on this race he’s not the captain of the boat and I’m not scared of him. It’s a long week and I hope we are going to have a nice fight in the next few days. And little by little he’s going to show his face, as he does.”

Nino after stage 1 : “We don’t take someone with us, especially if they are second in the overall, they have also to work. If they think they can just ride with us then they have to search another team for that,”

Always pushing harder!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Avancini being thin skinned?

I mean, both teams are competing probably for 1st and 2nd place in a mountain bike race, not sure how you can expect cooperation between them.

Rides all the bikes!
    Kate Courtney won at Bonelli Saturday. I was sorta surprised to see so few international people, I figured more were going to be out there to get early season points in the perfect weather.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewalk View Post
    Kate Courtney won at Bonelli Saturday. I was sorta surprised to see so few international people, I figured more were going to be out there to get early season points in the perfect weather.
    Did Kate win easily or was she forced to dig deep to win?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarhead View Post
    Nino and Lars are great team and awesome stage win today

And really stupid comments from Avancini for Nino...
    He might be Swiss, but that does no mean he has to be neutral. It's called the heat of the battle for a reason.

I have seen friends get really steamed at each other over a week night race. Good guys, not idiots, it just happens.

Just part of racing.

Rides all the bikes!
    I didn't see the race first hand. I was getting my prep done and doing my warmup during the womens race.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Results have her alone in 1st at the end of the first lap by 13 seconds. And ended up beating Erin Huck by about 40 seconds by the end.

mtbr member
    From Avancini's Instagram.

"Another good stage for me and @manuelfumic .
    We finished 2nd behind the fast Scott duo.
    Mostly of the stage was really smooth apart from one racing episode I had with Nino.
    From my point of view a race is raced only with legs when out there.
    For him, using words as a “mental game” during the race is part of it.
    We disagree on this point, which is alright.

Most important, we BOTH agree that I over reacted on my first interview and was too aggressive with my choice of words, even if I don’t like the way he behaves at times during the race.
    Even if I don’t approve few things he does (and he also doesn’t like few things I do), I just passed by to talk to him and his team, clear the situation, apologize to him and crack on with the race.
    I respect him as The Best Ever of this sport and I hope he respects me as a guy that tries really hard to race at this level."

They've already cleared the air... sorta.

Kabush would have just sprayed him with champagne.

Armature speller
    Sep 2004
    Has Avancini raced any road?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    From my point of view a race is raced only with legs when out there.
    For him, using words as a “mental game” during the race is part of it.
    Well maybe he should pick different sport then. My background is cross country skiing, when, especially in my days, most of races were run with individual starts, so you had racer starting every 30sec. Yet we had several mass starts (from relays to few "normal" races), and even though we were good friends with pretty much everyone on start, it got heated up during races. It's normal when it comes to racing, and when you have races lasting several hours, for a whole week, it's actually pretty stupid to expect you won't try everything, including talking crap, to get your opponent lose the race. And if someone tells me to fu**ck off during race, I won't take this seriously and cry because of this. I would probably say something back, and if I could breath, I would maybe even yell back, but after crossing finish line that's forgotten, at least it was for me, when I was still racing, not that I would run to first journalist willing to listen my crying how someone told me to fu** off. Grow up, or go back home to mom. Sorry to say that.
    Primoz

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Has Avancini raced any road?
    Probably he wouldn't last long enough before bursting to cry not even for race to start
    Primoz

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Very lame from Avancini bitching about it like that

rider
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikzz View Post
    Not lame. International sport = Cultural differences.
    Avancini's entitled to his opinion and I'm glad he voiced it. Makes it more interesting to us fans when a competitor actually has the courage to voice it. Then we get an insight as to actually what is going on in the race.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by madfella View Post
    Not lame. International sport = Cultural differences.
    Avancini's entitled to his opinion and I'm glad he voiced it. Makes it more interesting to us fans when a competitor actually has the courage to voice it. Then we get an insight as to actually what is going on in the race.
    Hopefully Avancini doesn't get crushed by the media and opinions from half his country like Sam Gaze did after the Commonwealth games XC race last year.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Gaze, a known hot head, at the Commonwelath games behaved way worse than Avancini
    Last edited by pastronef; 5 Days Ago at 04:18 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Whatever mental game Nino was playing he clearly won. Avancini ended up showing weakness on first stage. Only one that can save him is Fumic.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Scott team seems unbeatable at the moment

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Gaze suffered badly today from his crash yesterday. Kulhavy and him limped in at 37th almost a half hour after the leaders. Rough going for the pair

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dwperry View Post
    Gaze suffered badly today from his crash yesterday. Kulhavy and him limped in at 37th almost a half hour after the leaders. Rough going for the pair
    That's too bad. I was hoping some team would rise to the occasion and provide Nino's team with a real battle. It would certainly make it more interesting.

It's the same way on the women's side, Annika and Anna are killing the competition.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Lakata/Platt lost a lot of time today due to a puncture they could not seal with plugs. they ended up taking a wheel from one of the other bulls teams. Don't they carry spare tubes anymore? Seems like a small extra weight to be able to keep going...

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dwperry View Post
    Hospital has diagnosed delayed concussion for Sam - was a big knock to the head. He wants to continue, but has been told he has to stop riding. Gutting for him and the team, especially now he knows the "I told you so's" heading his way. Another knock to the head at this stage could end the year for him - so the spring Europe races will have to be his next target after recovery

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    He knows he cannot beat Nino. He is looking for excuses. He is a strong rider, so instead of whining he should put that energy towards the race. Thinking about it is probably getting him upset, distracted and out of his game.

chasing simplicity
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbikemad View Post
    Kabush would have just sprayed him with champagne.
    I saw what you did there. Nice touch, great insider (sorta) reference. Love it.
    Never underestimate an old man with a mountain bike.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    He knows he cannot beat Nino. He is looking for excuses. He is a strong rider, so instead of whining he should put that energy towards the race. Thinking about it is probably getting him upset, distracted and out of his game.
    I would say that Fumic is the weak link after watching some of the Cape Epic. Avancini has to ride looking over his shoulder to make sure he doesn't drop Fumic. That probably was Avancini's biggest frustration and instead of saying anything to Fumic he lashed out at Nino. Avancini is undoubtably as strong as Lars Forster but when racing as a team you're only as fast as the slowest member of that team.

Armature speller
    Sep 2004
    Lakata/Platt lost a lot of time today due to a puncture they could not seal with plugs. they ended up taking a wheel from one of the other bulls teams. Don't they carry spare tubes anymore? Seems like a small extra weight to be able to keep going...
    And they're 2 of the most experienced marathon guys out there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by insidertrading View Post
    Hospital has diagnosed delayed concussion for Sam - was a big knock to the head. He wants to continue, but has been told he has to stop riding. Gutting for him and the team, especially now he knows the "I told you so's" heading his way. Another knock to the head at this stage could end the year for him - so the spring Europe races will have to be his next target after recovery
    That's terrible news! I hope Sam can recover completely and quickly.

Thanks for the information

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    always another year - looking forward to the battle between scott and cannondale today

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    That's terrible news! I hope Sam can recover completely and quickly.

Thanks for the information

lives to fight another day

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Flat for Forster , couldn't get the tyre off the rim and rode on wheel until backup team catched up and swapped the wheels. Race got interesting, although they lost 9min, don't believe they will catch up 5min with just riding

Armature speller
    Sep 2004
    Sam Gaze shattered his helmet in the crash...
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BvN-NHMh...r-z0Tzw4VUyrlI

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Sam Gaze shattered his helmet in the crash...
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BvN-NHMh...r-z0Tzw4VUyrlI
    If only he'd borrowed one of those new fangled helmets from Trek: https://www.bikeradar.com/news/artic...et-tech-53712/

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Flat for Forster , couldn't get the tyre off the rim and rode on wheel until backup team catched up and swapped the wheels. Race got interesting, although they lost 9min, don't believe they will catch up 5min with just riding
    Interesting that he couldn’t get the tire off. I believe the Scott guys are running tire inserts in their rear wheels. Do they make it hard to remove a tire?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PlanB View Post
    Interesting that he couldn’t get the tire off. I believe the Scott guys are running tire inserts in their rear wheels. Do they make it hard to remove a tire?
    I have no personal experience with them, but according to reviews, Cush Core can be extremely hard to install and remove. Others, like Huck Norris, are easier.

If they weren't carrying tire levers, I imagine Cush Core-equipped tires would be super hard to remove, assuming that's what they are using.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Nino posted a video on his Instagram where they are wrestling a pepis tire noodle. It can be quite difficult without levers just due to the lack of space.

Seems they got a tire or wheel from another team, I did not know that was allowed.

mtbr member
    Nino posted a video on his Instagram where they are wrestling a pepis tire noodle. It can be quite difficult without levers just due to the lack of space.

Seems they got a tire or wheel from another team, I did not know that was allowed.
    That other team is a backup team for the Scott Sram main team, from what I understand.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    That other team is a backup team for the Scott Sram main team, from what I understand.

Then it makes more sense, I did not realize that the dsv team was also riding for Scott

Armature speller
    Sep 2004
    It's like in the old days of the Dakar.
    Support from fellow competitors is no problem, so they entered the support trucks as part of the race.

No outside support.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Do you guys think that noodles are a fad? After watching Lars riding so poorly after the flat I wonder if they are worth to have them at all.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TDLover View Post
    Do you guys think that noodles are a fad? After watching Lars riding so poorly after the flat I wonder if they are worth to have them at all.
    I think that they're interesting because of the rim protection factor, but not enough for me to buy one at this time.

Tubeless and proper pressure for each trail have worked perfectly for me this far.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Really interested to see how the XCO season plays out...
    Van Der Poel is back
    Avancini looks to be in awesome form at Cape Epic (held back significantly by Fumic)
    Avancini v. Nino is already heating up

On the women's side....
    WIDE open.... so many women have a chance
    Rissveds comeback?
    Does Batty finally win or was last year's success her one shot?
    Jolanda and Batty on the same team
    Does Annika once again start hot then fizzle?
    Is Kate really that great?

so many story lines to follow!

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by khardrunner14 View Post
    Really interested to see how the XCO season plays out...
    Van Der Poel is back
    Avancini looks to be in awesome form at Cape Epic (held back significantly by Fumic)
    Avancini v. Nino is already heating up

On the women's side....
    WIDE open.... so many women have a chance
    Rissveds comeback?
    Does Batty finally win or was last year's success her one shot?
    Jolanda and Batty on the same team
    Does Annika once again start hot then fizzle?
    Is Kate really that great?

so many story lines to follow!
    I agree. It should be an interesting season.

mtbr member
    Agreed! 2019 looks very promising at this time.

I hope Emily Batty will have at least one win. She did so well last year, and I love her personality.

Does anyone know what bikes are being ridden by the Silverback Fairtree team at the Cape Epic? They look sort of like the Specialized Enduro, but that's not the right tool for this race.

2019 World Cup XC-silverback-fairtree-bike.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2016

I hope Emily Batty will have at least one win. She did so well last year, and I love her personality.

Does anyone know what bikes are being ridden by the Silverback Fairtree team at the Cape Epic? They look sort of like the Specialized Enduro, but that's not the right tool for this race.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Silverback Fairtree bike.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	164.1 KB 
ID:	1243193
    Don't know for certain, but given the team name and her history on OMX, it's probably this one:
    OMX Pro Bike Team | THE BIKES

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by winters.benjamin View Post
    Don't know for certain, but given the team name and her history on OMX, it's probably this one:
    OMX Pro Bike Team | THE BIKES
    Thanks. It doesn't look like that's the bike.

The frame I'm looking for has a brace going from the toptube to the downtube, similar to the Specialized Enduro's X-wing.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019

mtbr member
    Jan 2018

2019 World Cup XC

After Stage 4 the Scott team is in second place with a 1 minute, 13 seconds behind the leaders.
    I have not seen Stage 4 yet, but it seems they gained 5 minutes today.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    After Stage 4 the Scott team is in second place with a 1 minute, 13 seconds behind the leaders.
    I have not seen Stage 4 yet, but it seems they gained 5 minutes today.
    No, they only gained 2 minutes, they weren't 6 minutes behind that was how much they ended up behind on stage 3 not overall.

Things got interesting, suddenly 1 min is doable for the remaining stages. It will be a close battle though.

mtbr member
    That's it!

I really like the look of that bike. Thanks, Brex17!

mtbr member

Very stoked for this season as well!

Always been a Trek guy and fan of TFR so obviously I’d like to see Emily get her 1st win. She fought hard last year and would like to see her achieve that next step.

ALSO curious to see if TFR does any “testing” throughout the WC on any new XC bikes if the thread over in the Trek sub forum is legit info.

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by TDLover View Post
    No, they only gained 2 minutes, they weren't 6 minutes behind that was how much they ended up behind on stage 3 not overall.

Things got interesting, suddenly 1 min is doable for the remaining stages. It will be a close battle though.
    You are right, my bad.
    Tomorrow will be interesting for sure.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Mdvp seemed crazy strong riding CX this year, and him not riding CX after World champs means he probably will be in a good shape for XCO If somebody is going to constantly battle Nino, it will be MDVP , others will shine here and there, but doesn't see nobody else battling for overall.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by zgxtreme View Post
    Very stoked for this season as well!

Always been a Trek guy and fan of TFR so obviously I’d like to see Emily get her 1st win. She fought hard last year and would like to see her achieve that next step.

ALSO curious to see if TFR does any “testing” throughout the WC on any new XC bikes if the thread over in the Trek sub forum is legit info.
    Agreed on that testing part as well. I am pumped to see if the Supercaliber is legit and what they do with a Top Fuel update. Would love a Top Fuel that is 120/120 and a bit slacker. If the Supercaliber is real then there is room for that Top Fuel.

mtbr member
    Mdvp seemed crazy strong riding CX this year, and him not riding CX after World champs means he probably will be in a good shape for XCO If somebody is going to constantly battle Nino, it will be MDVP , others will shine here and there, but doesn't see nobody else battling for overall.
    How badly hurt was he in the crash yesterday?

Formerly of Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbikemad View Post
    How badly hurt was he in the crash yesterday?
    He was out training for RVV yesterday, FWIW.

Death from Below.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast