Rachel McKinnon wins UCI Masters Track Cycling World Championship- Mtbr.com
    Moderator Moderator

Rachel McKinnon wins UCI Masters Track Cycling World Championship

Transgender Canadian cyclist defends winning championship after bronze medalist complains
    https://www.theobserver.ca/news/cana...a-195547b36ffa

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbxplorer View Post
    Transgender Canadian cyclist defends winning championship after bronze medalist complains
    https://www.theobserver.ca/news/cana...a-195547b36ffa
    Rachel is a biological male and always will be. It's not really an accomplishment that Rachel beat bio-women. What it does do clearly is disenfranchise every woman behind her of their rightfully earned position.

As a competitor or sponsor I would not even acknowledge Rachel's existence as a competitor against the women. A sponsor should (but won't due to political backlash) redistribute awards, monetary or otherwise, correctly ignoring the obvious man standing at the top.

Rachel herself even inadvertently pointed out that T is not a major factor when she said the following:

" {Rachel} emphasized the role of the male hormone testosterone, and pointed to research that suggests it is not correlated with elite athletic performance. She pointed to one study, for example, that showed around one-sixth of elite male athletes had testosterone levels that were below the female average."

I guess Rachel was trying to say that top women can have more T than top men anyways, but all she really pointed out was that low T levels are not even a factor in an elite men's competition.

Common sense, just isn't so common any longer.

I'll always support people in finding their happiness and I have no problem with someone who has transitioned (or is otherwise outside the norm) living their life, right up until they take away opportunity from actual women or minorities.

The PC culture has gone positively insane, but I know these pendulums swing too far and will soon swing back.
    Last edited by Suns_PSD; 11-20-2018 at 10:06 AM.

Moderator Moderator
    Happy trans remembrance day 11/20/2018.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    'Non Causa pro causa'.

False cause fallacy - In this case, using one unrelated wrong as a justification for another wrong. Still doesn't make it right.

In other news, trans female breaks the skull of a woman in an MMA fight. The trans female looks like one tough dude. What f**king insanity.

Moderator Moderator