Opinions needed in the General Discussion forum- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Opinions needed in the General Discussion forum

https://forums.mtbr.com/general-disc...1105045-4.html

There is quite a debate going on, I've skimmed all of the posts in the thread and it seems like it's a bunch of dudes discussing the pros and cons. I am curious what some of the female MTBRers think about the subject.

I'm not looking to shake up the womans lounge, I would truly be interested in more female opinions about the subject.

9 lives
    When I first read your title , I thought you said "Onions needed..."

Then I checked out the Vegan subforum ... {crickets} no problem there.

Yes I checked it out
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    As a transgender rider I will add my two cents to this thread. Because of the controversy that comes of it I will not enter any race because I don't feel like having to explain myself to anyone. I know I won't win any race, I'm not that good at all. To be honest I don't know of any solution to this unless they just remove the gender categories and break it down to age or something. Then I'm sure some folks will feel discriminated for their time on this Earth.

I do want to point out that I don't believe any athletes are changing their genders just to win a race. The Olympics have allowed transgender athletes since either 2002 or 2004 and not a single one has made a team for any country. There is a long process just to get started on medications. Yes, it can be circumvented but usually not. But surgery is a longer process and usually requires sign offs by a couple of doctors.

So again I don't have any solutions. I don't think any good ones will come easy. I do think it is mostly the voices of the vocal minority that stirs the shit in this matter. I believe that the majority of athletes are supportive of others because they know it brings the best out in them to compete.

I too thought someone was wanting onions on something. Then seeing the OP's avatar made it funnier. No offense to it. I actually needed a giggle today.
    Will swerve for leaves.

Slothful dirt hippie
    I have a distant family member that's F2M. I love him and am sincerely glad he's making it safely and successfully in the world with other people around him who love him even more than I do. He's always been an awesome person and I have exactly zero hesitation on going down swinging for him if it ever came to that.

M2F in women's competitive sport though seems like a rough one to parse. The advantages of years of testosterone through puberty is, from everything I've read, impossible to undo. The only way I see to level the playing field would be for women to be on gear and while I know it happens... that's not cool either.

But I don't wanna be the one to tell trans folks "no" either. They got enough problems.
    "...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

Super Moderator SuperModerator
    I fixed the title typo... I thought it was "onions" as well.

mtbr member
    Thanks, auto-correct is my worst enema!

always licking the glass
    It looks like the thread is invalid? Or is the link borked?

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    The thread was locked yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Will swerve for leaves.