Looser cut baggy shorts- Mtbr.com
    Still chuggin' along

Looser cut baggy shorts

So, I have a pair of Zoics that are more than 10 yrs old at this point, that have been my go-to shorts for rides. They are really comfy but its time to replace them and it seems that Zoics that I've tried on over the past few years are cut more narrowly. Pearl Izumi, too. Is there another affordable brand that has a more generous cut to consider? There aren't a lot of bike shops where I live that carry much to even try on so, I have to order online.
    Make Everyday your Masterpiece - George Michael

L1MEY
    I have some Dakine shorts that are pretty loose. Also, with Pearl Izumi it depends on which ones you buy... I have a couple of pairs of their downhill/enduro shorts and they are baggy enough to wear pads underneath, but their regular XC style shorts are a bit tighter and shorter.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Ride like a girl! :cornut:

Slothful dirt hippie
    I've had better luck w Kuhl in the past, but last time had to pick up their mens Renegade to fit around all the junk in the trunk. Note that these are LONG shorts... I have super long legs and I seem to be a brush magnet, so having some stiffer fabric down to just above my knee is a good thing in my case, lol.
    "...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

9 lives
    Are you looking for shorts to fit with pads (ie wider at the knee?) or ones that have more general stretch? I'm not sure if you are familiar with some of these brands: I have both Shredlys and Club Ride Savvy trail shorts have a wider leg ... both look nice. I also have a pair of Endura Hummvee stretchy and shorter length. All these brands have good accurate sizing imo. In the past I liked Dakine and Sombrio for DH (wider leg and stretchy)
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Slothful dirt hippie
    Aaaaaaand I jinxed myself with the post above, lol. Result of today's lunch ride, which should blend in just fine with the rest of the scars:
    Looser cut baggy shorts-oops.jpg
    "...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

Still chuggin' along
    Oh no, well, I hope its not too bad. It looks a little deep.

I'm ok with shorts that aren't too long and I don't wear kneepads so, I don't need a wider leg. I'm just looking for shorts that aren't too tight in the hips. My normal size runs small and if I go up a size, they end up being way too loose.

The Dakines and Club Rides look like good possibilities. How do TLD's fit? or Fox Attacks? Thanks for the suggestions!!

Slothful dirt hippie
    Quote Originally Posted by kpicha View Post
    Oh no, well, I hope its not too bad. It looks a little deep.
    It's annoying like some people: not deep at all, just a lot of drama, lol.

mtbr member
    I love my Sombrio Summit shorts. I love the fit, the adjustable waist, the pocket placement and the material.

I like the higher waist. I find so many other women's shorts to have a low enough rise that they roll down under my belly when riding hard and I hate that. I love that I can suck the waist in tighter or loosen it off.

I love the pockets on each thigh and the 2 in the back.

I really love the weight and stretch of the material. Light enough to move really well and to be comfy on even the hottest days, but heavy enough that they don't show every ripple and bit of cellulite.

They seem to be very durable too. I've worn these shorts for more than 750 km of trail riding this summer, crashed plenty of times, and they really still look absolutely brand new.

I am short (5'1.5") and they come to just below my knees.

Still chuggin' along
    Quote Originally Posted by mLeier View Post
    I love my Sombrio Summit shorts. I love the fit, the adjustable waist, the pocket placement and the material.

I like the higher waist. I find so many other women's shorts to have a low enough rise that they roll down under my belly when riding hard and I hate that. I love that I can suck the waist in tighter or loosen it off.

I love the pockets on each thigh and the 2 in the back.

I really love the weight and stretch of the material. Light enough to move really well and to be comfy on even the hottest days, but heavy enough that they don't show every ripple and bit of cellulite.

They seem to be very durable too. I've worn these shorts for more than 750 km of trail riding this summer, crashed plenty of times, and they really still look absolutely brand new.

I am short (5'1.5") and they come to just below my knees.
    That sounds just like what I'm looking for. I don't care for the low rise shorts that much either. Thanks for the suggestion!

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    my GF really likes her flare stage enduro shorts she wears these the most, second is a pair of shredly shorts. She also really likes the shredly chamios

hope that helps out.